Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Highway to Vail

• Start Topic

I am just watching this episode now, (I was in Provence this past week and did not have a way to watch so I know I am not garnering any pity, lol), the delayed gratification is even sweeter!

My questions about the police looking for Jenn are many, Homeland Security? NYPD? Heather concerned that this is all taking place in front of her business, at least people would be talk about Beauty Lab...her business is in Utah so where was the local police or FBI?  Is wire fraud a Homeland Security issue?

Cut to the HW who likes to wear jackets as dresses...she looked ridiculous when she got to the Vail rental house.  

Cut to the HW who looks like the one that wear jackets as dresses, why in the world is she going down some attorney rabbit hole? Is she in business with Jenn some way?  She fake cries about Stu? Like what is that?  Cool Jennie takes a swig from beer bottle and downs some Cheetos knowing her orange finger prints are not all over some illegal scheme.  

Also, all that food in the party van and we see a loaf of bread?

Jenn "frauded the victims" according to Whitney (and also according to Danielle from 90 Day Fiance, lol).

All the random people that are being taken out of Jenn's house, those assistants look so different from the assistants we saw in Season One.

Meredith's mouth is doing a solid Buddy Hackett imitation.

What I wouldn't give for Ramona and Sonja show up at that Vail home, bust in the front door and start running floor to floor claiming all the best rooms.

Also, Mary says "Edaquit," which is wrong but she was not wrong about Meredith being in the tub and wanting to have a conversation with Mary while she stood there in what look like over sized rain buckets for boots.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

All the random people that are being taken out of Jenn's house, those assistants look so different from the assistants we saw in Season One.

On WWHL, Heather said those two that were seen from the ring footage were Jenn's son and nephew.

12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is hilarious!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

On WWHL, Heather said those two that were seen from the ring footage were Jenn's son and nephew.

That is hilarious!

There was someone farther out in the background, bundled up and wearing green pants, that was walking with an officer too. Staff? Family member?

20 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am just watching this episode now, (I was in Provence this past week and did not have a way to watch so I know I am not garnering any pity, lol), the delayed gratification is even sweeter!

My questions about the police looking for Jenn are many, Homeland Security? NYPD? Heather concerned that this is all taking place in front of her business, at least people would be talk about Beauty Lab...her business is in Utah so where was the local police or FBI?  Is wire fraud a Homeland Security issue?

Cut to the HW who likes to wear jackets as dresses...she looked ridiculous when she got to the Vail rental house.  

Cut to the HW who looks like the one that wear jackets as dresses, why in the world is she going down some attorney rabbit hole? Is she in business with Jenn some way?  She fake cries about Stu? Like what is that?  Cool Jennie takes a swig from beer bottle and downs some Cheetos knowing her orange finger prints are not all over some illegal scheme.  

Also, all that food in the party van and we see a loaf of bread?

Jenn "frauded the victims" according to Whitney (and also according to Danielle from 90 Day Fiance, lol).

What I wouldn't give for Ramona and Sonja show up at that Vail home, bust in the front door and start running floor to floor claiming all the best rooms.

Also, Mary says "Edaquit," which is wrong but she was not wrong about Meredith being in the tub and wanting to have a conversation with Mary while she stood there in what look like over sized rain buckets for boots.

I hope your trip was wonderful! 
I marveled at the stack of boxes of what looked like movie theater candy. It was a LOT. I didn't see bread, lmao, I'll have to rewatch and look for that. 

The dab of bubbles on Meredith's chin drove me crazy. Buddy Hackett mouth made me cackle! Spot on.

• Love 3

Homeland Security deals with cyber-crimes which includes the kind of criminal activity Jen was engaged in (allegedly).

Also money laundering is considered to be a possible indicia of terrorist activity 

The crimes are being dealt in New York City so there was probably some cooperation between the Feds and NYC authorities since technically state crimes were also committed.

• Useful 10
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Please, please, please let there be a viewer's question during the reunion regarding Meredith's plastic looking chest in her talking heads.  Holding court from the bathtub was weird.

Oh gosh yes pleeeeease! I have to rewind her talking heads multiple times, because I simply cannot focus on what she's saying, while trying to figure out what is going on with her chest!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Oh gosh yes pleeeeease! I have to rewind her talking heads multiple times, because I simply cannot focus on what she's saying, while trying to figure out what is going on with her chest!

I've been looking at it all season, and I still can't look away. It is very confusing. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

BB! This is the best, the most accurate, and the funniest description of Meredith's weird sideways mouth speak !

I am probably the only one here who gets the Buddy Hackett* reference. 

Bravo to you !

* Cuz of my age. No disrespect to fellow posters !

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 11/15/2021 at 2:30 PM, StillHere said:

Nope.

It's on Jen and the 4 agencies. If the cops were investigating Jen for an extended period they should be aware of who and who isn't in the home.  Money laundering doesn't warrant a SWAT team. 

Money laundering in large amounts is mob stuff.  I haven't followed the story other than here and on the show, but above a certain level, you aren't laundering money without the helping hands of some pretty ruthless people. They don't let amateurs horn in on their business, but they may cut them in for a piece of the action.  It's also possible that she WAS a clumsy amateur who mixed up with some major players and was in over her head.

Which isn't to say that guns drawn was necessarily needed here, but as someone pointed out that carry laws are liberal in Utah, it may be standard.

I actually was the dumb neighbor/friend who called her friend whose house was being raided. Never for an instant suspected that she had done anything - I thought something awful must have happened at the house and she was at work and didn't know. (In retrospect - stupid!)  As it turns out, her son was up to his eyeballs in truly awful stuff.  I missed the part where they must have taken him out.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3583016/rhoslc-fans-think-meredith-marks-looks-unrecognizable-promo-photos/

This article talks about people asking what she did to her face, and they show the picture of the strange pec talking head look at the top. All I can say when looking at that picture is, "Face? Meredith has a face?"

mm.jpg

First, I must thank you for posting the pic, now I can puzzle over it without ruining my dvr 🤣 Her chest there doesn't look like real skin, there's no color variation, shine or really any shadow. Her boobage looks too tall and wide, too. It looks like she stuck pancakes in there.

Second, I did a Google, and found another pic of her in same dress, and her boobs look better. Did her stylist just pull and pin or clip the back of her dress too tightly-like they do for fashion shoots? ETA: I do not know why Meredith's boobs are renting so much space in my head 😆 69B02ACF-F02B-4FDA-92BC-D80F413F1431.thumb.jpeg.5f0b2f4628ceb1a7a110d6d0457c24ee.jpeg

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

First, I must thank you for posting the pic, now I can puzzle over it without ruining my dvr 🤣 Her chest there doesn't look like real skin, there's no color variation, shine or really any shadow. Her boobage looks too tall and wide, too. It looks like she stuck pancakes in there.

Second, I did a Google, and found another pic of her in same dress, and her boobs look better. Did her stylist just pull and pin or clip the back of her dress too tightly-like they do for fashion shoots? ETA: I do not know why Meredith's boobs are renting so much space in my head 😆 69B02ACF-F02B-4FDA-92BC-D80F413F1431.thumb.jpeg.5f0b2f4628ceb1a7a110d6d0457c24ee.jpeg

Her chest looks normal here, unlike her Ken doll pecs from her talking heads

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Her chest looks normal here, unlike her Ken doll pecs from her talking heads

When she's seen on the show, she appears to have a perfectly normal bustline, which is why her TH's are so distracting and confusing as hell! It's almost as if she's deliberately mashing them apart and down from either side to get the Ken-doll pecs.

I don't get it at all - does she think this is a sexy/flattering look? It's like ANTI-CLEAVAGE!

I wish I weren't wasting so much time thinking about a reality show cast member's bizarre decolletage, but am grateful there are others out there who are equally baffled and not afraid to say so.

• LOL 17
30 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

I wish I weren't wasting so much time thinking about a reality show cast member's bizarre decolletage, but am grateful there are others out there who are equally baffled and not afraid to say so.

I agree, I feel like I found “my people” on these real housewives forums. I want to thank all of you and all the snark a brilliant observations.

My sister judges me (well, she judges everyone for everything - she exhausting) for watching  Real Housewives but her guilty pleasure is the Madea movies and is disappointed there won’t be more.

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree, I feel like I found “my people” on these real housewives forums. I want to thank all of you and all the snark a brilliant observations.

My sister judges me (well, she judges everyone for everything - she exhausting) for watching  Real Housewives but her guilty pleasure is the Madea movies and is disappointed there won’t be more.

Have you considered texting her a Tyler Perry quote (à la Dorinda to Lu)? Something along the lines of:

”I’m just enjoying my life. I suggest you try it.” (Tyler Perry)

• LOL 8
16 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'm with you.  I don't hear a word she says because I'm focused on her chest.  

• LOL 4
21 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

isn't sideboob the new cleavage? Maybe she misunderstood how one achieves sideboob. 

On 11/17/2021 at 7:14 PM, Cheezwiz said:

When she's seen on the show, she appears to have a perfectly normal bustline, which is why her TH's are so distracting and confusing as hell! It's almost as if she's deliberately mashing them apart and down from either side to get the Ken-doll pecs.

I don't get it at all - does she think this is a sexy/flattering look? It's like ANTI-CLEAVAGE!

Maybe “female pecs” are the new thing, and we just don’t know it yet. Or, maybe her implants melted after spending 3.5 hours in the bubble bath.

• LOL 16
On 11/17/2021 at 12:41 PM, amarante said:

Homeland Security deals with cyber-crimes which includes the kind of criminal activity Jen was engaged in (allegedly).

Also money laundering is considered to be a possible indicia of terrorist activity 

The crimes are being dealt in New York City so there was probably some cooperation between the Feds and NYC authorities since technically state crimes were also committed.

Homeland Security might also be involved if the purchasers of the lists (the ones actually running the scams) were from certain far-flung, internet scam happy countries (Russia and Nigeria being the two that come to mind first).

NYPD was present because Jen's companies are incorporated in New York, which means that the NY AG's office, and the local district attorney would have been involved. They would have used local police to assist in the investigation and to effectuate the arrest. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Good grief, Mary uses atrocious grammar. I wish I had a dollar for every time she said, "I seen." 

I can't pay you, but maybe if you take a drink every time she says it you'll find you don't mind it so much 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
On 11/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, pasdetrois said:

Comedy gold, that title. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, this gang doesn't know SWAT.

The housewives very much have a circle-the-wagons mentality when facing news of a scofflaw in their midst.

Also, I'm pretty sure Heather and Whitney knew this might be coming, in addition to Meredith. And I'm pretty sure Heather's buried-face-in-hands was in aid of fake crying. She stayed down there a long time.

I do events at a University and I shall now be called Experience Curator!  I am waiting to see Heather's daughter around campus.

I find Lisa deplorable.  The voice, the personality, all of her.   

• Love 3
On 12/7/2021 at 11:44 AM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Oh! Sorry so late, but I forgot that I found this, died laughing, but am now resurrected, and wanted to share. 🤣 4E58B086-0596-4039-AE48-6E229535CE21.jpeg.16fb456e1a202829a3cab066658fc8b0.jpeg

HA!  I think what causes it to look weird, and I HAVE been wondering, is netting that is on really low cut dresses.  It makes the chest look odd.

• Useful 1

I think Meredith has some kind of breastplate on. That is not natural looking skin on her chest. The necklaces are covering the line of demarcation with her neck. Maybe she has some kind of infection on her skin or something. That is not her skin. No one's chest looks like that, except Ken's, as noted above.

She has the absolute worst speaking voice. So pretentious. She seems to take herself very seriously.

Edited by sauce62
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

HA!  I think what causes it to look weird, and I HAVE been wondering, is netting that is on really low cut dresses.  It makes the chest look odd.

I think that is what happens when you photoshop yourself. My guess is that someone tried to correct something in either the way the dress laid or a blemish on her and the result is some really bad shading and a resulting truly unnatural look

• Useful 1
On 12/9/2021 at 3:24 PM, Rlb8031 said:

I think that is what happens when you photoshop yourself. My guess is that someone tried to correct something in either the way the dress laid or a blemish on her and the result is some really bad shading and a resulting truly unnatural look

But can they photoshop their THs?

• Useful 1
On 11/15/2021 at 7:20 AM, islandgal140 said:

Meredith inspired me tonight and showed me I have been wasting life: Being Xanned out in a huge tub in a gorgeous vacation home reveling in my mortal enemy’s downfall is GOALS!!!

Plus she got Ramona beat: not even Ramona has had the audacity to rent a place, go in before everyone else, pick a room for herself and then go take a bath in SOMEONE ELSE'S room and stay there enjoying herself till the rest of the group arrives! 

• LOL 2
On 11/19/2021 at 11:36 PM, CharlizeCat said:

Good grief, Mary uses atrocious grammar. I wish I had a dollar for every time she said, "I seen." 

Have you ever noticed that if a sentence starts with "I seen" it never ends with "in a book"?

Edited by lasu
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7