Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 11/15/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, After7Only said:

(Side note - I am very curious what type of condition one would have that you both can't take a common vaccine and have an above average healthy immune system).   

That is actually a good question. I have a coworker who has an auto immune disease and on immunosuppressive meds so he cannot take the vaccine and unfortunately he had Covid last month.  He was sick for a couple weeks. Didn't Jed have Covid earlier this year or maybe last year?  Maybe that is why she thinks she is protected.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I cannot wait to get home and watch...I remember the sobriquet lyingliarwholies, only for a long time I saw it as lying liar wholies.  It killed me that I didn't know what or who wholies were!  :)

I love new words ... THANKS!!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

The little that I do remember about Jedidiah, is her often used phrase "Some people say....(insert right wing talking point)" without admitting where she stood on an issue. I'm surprised she didn't use that phrase today!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Didn't Jed have Covid earlier this year or maybe last year?  Maybe that is why she thinks she is protected.

That’s what I figured she meant. That’s a typical response of the unvaxxed who have had covid - “natural immunity.” Of course it remains to be seen how long that lasts. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Her "sky high" immunity???

"again Sunny, again,  again Sunny....Sunny, Sunny"

Gosh, was she only there to argue?

I have to back up Sunny here. Between her in-laws and her false positive test announced over the air, this is a touchy subject for Sunny. I can't blame her.

• Love 24

Not referring to the interview with Jed or about policy positions but I have found Sunny to have turned me off their political hot topic discussions. She's been extremely combative, dismissive and personal. And not just to conservative hosts but in general. She did this with Sara and Sherri Shepherd when she was on. It just always seems unnessacary. Idk could just be me but something has been off about her this season. 

29 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Whoopi announced the 10th and final "Behind the Table" podcast with her and EP Brian. I wonder why they didn't do one with Star.

Or Elizabeth or Paula.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

Jed combined the discussion by stating that she had a medical exemption and high natural immunity therefore she's not a danger to others.   (Side note - I am very curious what type of condition one would have that you both can't take a common vaccine and have an above average healthy immune system).   

Jed's personal circumstances included her spreading misinformation (Jed's claims she's not a threat due to her high immunity), so I wasn't mad at Sunny  going at her the way she did.    

I was not objecting to Sunny going after her, or even going after her hard. It was specifically that Sunny said Jed was [paraphrase] being selfish for not getting the vaccine, when she said she had a medical objection. 

*See bottom

3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Agree, what the heck was that segment? I wondered why Jedediah wasn't in studio. 

Yes, there are people who can't get the vaccine out there. I don't blame Jed if that's her case at all. But what is this natural immunity she's talking about? Can anyone explain that? Genuinely asking. 

*See bottom

2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Her immunity is also multi-tiered and multi-faceted!  Jed should be a superhero in the MCU!

*See bottom

2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

That is actually a good question. I have a coworker who has an auto immune disease and on immunosuppressive meds so he cannot take the vaccine and unfortunately he had Covid last month.  He was sick for a couple weeks. Didn't Jed have Covid earlier this year or maybe last year?  Maybe that is why she thinks she is protected.

*When they test you for Covid antibodies, there are about a half dozen things they can look at, including T-cells. They've probably tested Jed for IgM, IgG, and IgA, so that's probably why Jed said the "multi-tiered multi-faceted" thing. If/since she had Covid, is quite possible she still has strong natural immunity to Covid, and also has a health condition (including allergies) that would prompt her doctors to recommend against vaccination for her.

ABC could not (and in my opinion) should not ignore its own vaccine mandate for Jed. For one thing, if it did, they'd be sued by Emilio Estevez and the recalcitrant cast members who are leaving General Hospital, but I digress.

They did the right thing by not letting her in studio. Really, I don't think they should have had her on without a medical professional to debunk her false claims about the vaccine, though (i.e. the ones not about her own situation).

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Oh my Jed rofl!  That had to be the shortest segment ever.  Was she even on?  Lolol.  If she has discovered the answer of vaccines, she may want to relay that to Aaron Rogers.  Whom i love on the field, but off have to question his logic with buddy Rogan.  Is anybody else getting book burned (out). I sure am.  Tired of them.  Isnt there any good movies or tv we can discuss.  Or maybe even a book thats fiction. No more politics.  Stick a fork in me as I am done. ⚰🍴

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Not referring to the interview with Jed or about policy positions but I have found Sunny to have turned me off their political hot topic discussions. She's been extremely combative, dismissive and personal. And not just to conservative hosts but in general. She did this with Sara and Sherri Shepherd when she was on. It just always seems unnessacary. Idk could just be me but something has been off about her this season. 

Yeah, I've noticed she's been overly defensive the last few weeks/months.  Couple that with the off-putting sarcasm in some of her legal notes and I'm almost at the point where I'll fast-forward through her segments.

• Love 4

I've always liked Jed too. I can't believe she was only on The View for one year. It seemed longer than that.

When she was describing her super multi-tiered immunity, I too, thought she must be  Marvel superhero. 😄

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Apparently I must have missed a whole season of the View as I have absolutely no recollection of this Jed person. But for tuning in today I might have gone my whole life without knowing who she is. 

So close.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I have to back up Sunny here. Between her in-laws and her false positive test announced over the air, this is a touchy subject for Sunny. I can't blame her.

This. Even if Sunny's family hadn't been personally affected by the pandemic, I'd still have enjoyed her raking Bila over the coals.

6 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Whoopi announced the 10th and final "Behind the Table" podcast with her and EP Brian. I wonder why they didn't do one with Star.

The clip they showed on the show was interesting. Teta said the past few months has been the first time he's seen Whoopi in a good mood. I know when he first started, Whoopi was still acting psychotic post-Rosie. And then McCain caused four years of tension. Whoopi acting normal is probably a new thing for him.

• Love 8

Uh oh!  Sunny is slamming Jedi on Instagram.  Not by name but more generally writing about how rare it is to be given a medical exemption from getting the vaccine and how difficult it is to measure someone’s natural immunity after having Covid.  She is on a tear!  Just called Jed an antivaxer. Again, not by name.  If you didn’t see the show and just followed Sunny on Instagram, you would think she’s lost her mind.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Uh oh!  Sunny is slamming Jedi on Instagram.  Not by name but more generally writing about how rare it is to be given a medical exemption from getting the vaccine and how difficult it is to measure someone’s natural immunity after having Covid.  She is on a tear!  Just called Jed an antivaxer. Again, not by name.  If you didn’t see the show and just followed Sunny on Instagram, you would think she’s lost her mind.

Just saw that. 5 separate posts. Sunny is one of only 65 people Jedediah follows on Instagram so she will definitely see it.

The whole thing strikes me as weird bc Jedediah has been posting this anti vaxx stuff for awhile now but Sunny still did the podcast with her and called her one of the best friends (she was the only host who attended jeds wedding) and when it aired a few weeks ago Sunny still spoke highly of her when she introduced it. Either Sunny is fake af or she is just now noticing Jedediahs anti vaxx stuff....Brian Teta and the views social media also shared jedediahs episode like 10x more than the others for some reason on their socials. 

Also just noticed, Jedediah is promoting Sara's endorsement of her new book on the publisher site and her socials....

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I thought the way joy and sunny acted towards Jed was appalling. Jed can be annoyingAF but as soon as she said that the vaccine’s purpose was to decrease severe severity/chance of hospitalization and that those with the vaccine can still contract it and spread, all of which is true and stated on the CDC’s site, Joy started yelling about it not being true.

(ETA: The whole multi-faceted immunity thing deserved a reaction.)

Edited by Aileen
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I thought the way joy and sunny acted towards Jed was appalling. Jed can be annoyingAF but as soon as she said that the vaccine’s purpose was to decrease severe severity/chance of hospitalization and that those with the vaccine can still contract it and spread, all of which is true and stated on the CDC’s site, Joy started yelling about it not being true.

Unless they were just looking for media and attention, they should've either had her on strictly to promote her book and not discuss vaccines OR just not had her on. Just all seemed so damn unnecessary....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

This. Even if Sunny's family hadn't been personally affected by the pandemic, I'd still have enjoyed her raking Bila over the coals.

The clip they showed on the show was interesting. Teta said the past few months has been the first time he's seen Whoopi in a good mood. I know when he first started, Whoopi was still acting psychotic post-Rosie. And then McCain caused four years of tension. Whoopi acting normal is probably a new thing for him.

I've been wondering about that.  We don't know how Manny is dealing with it.  The kids at least have school to keep busy.  I wonder if shes having empty nest syndrome.  They are grown and off to school. Usually i love what she wears, she's always gorg...but today that dress was blech.  Too much material up top, id get claustrophobic 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Aileen said:

I think Jed seems like a nice lady and agree she should be spoken to kindly. I also understand that some folks can't get the vaccine. But some of the stuff she said was misleading based on what I've read. It's true if you're vaccinated you can still get covid and spread it, but you're less likely to get it in the first place, which makes you less likely to spread it to others. That's why so many people don't want to be around those who aren't vaccinated just to be extra safe. If Jed can't get vaccinated herself, she'd be safer around those who are, so it's in her best interest to promote the vaccine as much as possible. 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I've been wondering about that.  We don't know how Manny is dealing with it.  The kids at least have school to keep busy.  I wonder if shes having empty nest syndrome.  They are grown and off to school. Usually i love what she wears, she's always gorg...but today that dress was blech.  Too much material up top, id get claustrophobic 

This is a good point.  For Sunny to be upset and kind of obsessed with an interview hours ago, it could be because of Manny’s reaction to the death of his parents.  She’s taking Jed’s refusal to vaccinate very personally.  She’s been very confrontational and combative lately and not really who we’re used seeing.  Maybe it’s a combination of worrying about Manny and  empty nest syndrome.  And, menopause.

• Love 3
Just now, Bronzedog said:

This is a good point.  For Sunny to be upset and kind of obsessed with an interview hours ago, it could be because of Manny’s reaction to the death of his parents.  She’s taking Jed’s refusal to vaccinate very personally.  She’s been very confrontational and combative lately and not really who we’re used seeing.  Maybe it’s a combination of worrying about Manny and  empty nest syndrome.  And, menopause.

Many good points. I see so much good in Sunny, so I still really like her even if I think she can get short with people. 

• Love 9

Thing is Jedi seemed to have no sympathy for the 762,000 dead from COVID.

I imagine her son gets vaccinated for infant/toddler things?

What about her book on just seeing her son and husband and parents during COVID? Hmmm - she left FOX in May 2021. 

I remember when Bila was all kinds of coy whether she was conservative or libertarian or independent. I never liked or respected her.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Haleth said:

Fixed that for you. 😉  Rumor is he's going to try to run in 2024.

Shut up, Jed. 
Just practicing again. 

Aw, you really shouldn't have. 😜

As for the rumor....yup, everybody and his brother will probably run, so why shouldn't he?

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Question: and please forgive my ignorance.  Ok if 1619 was the first slave ship to the continent, what about that dumb ditty `in 1642...Columbus yada yada.

7 hours ago, ForumLou said:

They are grown and off to school.

Paloma is still living at home.  I believe Sunny's parents are still living with her too.  I think her recent combative demeanor is due to SWSNBN being gone.  Sunny feels freer to push back against someone who disagrees with her.  She doesn't have Teta or anyone telling her to play nice.

Back to Chris Christie, he was peddling his book and his views on Nicolle's show.  She was having none of it.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Even after Sunny said that two of those 762,000 were her in laws.

If Jed had said I am not going to get the vaccine and explained why and then said but for anyone who can get the vaccine please do that would have been one thing but for her to act like the vaccines don't work so why even get one is wrong.

8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I remember when Bila was all kinds of coy whether she was conservative or libertarian or independent. I never liked or respected her.

Yesterday she identified herself as "a conservative who grew up in NYC" so I guess she no longer wants to be coy.  I remember reading all the comments here during her co host tenure and I remember thinking there is no way that woman is not a conservative.  

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

and maybe salary negotiations for the season didn't result in her getting comparable pay to the other hosts?

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Wow!

Sunny went there on Jed's claim of "sky high, multi-tier, multi-facted natural immunity"!!

14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I've always liked Jed too. I can't believe she was only on The View for one year. It seemed longer than that.

That is because she talked so much.

She talked more in a one year than Sara did in three years.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Yesterday she identified herself as "a conservative who grew up in NYC" so I guess she no longer wants to be coy.  I remember reading all the comments here during her co host tenure and I remember thinking there is no way that woman is not a conservative. 

Yeah, I remember her being coy, but also stating she was Libertarian. But all she did was spout talking points and preface every single thing with "They say..." without actually stating who "they" were. And some ambiguous "I don't agree with [so and so's] policies" without clarifying which policies.

So she can just miss me with her super duper natural immunity bullshit. Because it doesn't take into account the mutations of the variants that keep showing up.

It's been clear since day one, that none of the vaccines--Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, were going to be 100% effective; all the doctors and scientists on this show and the CDC, have stated that it will reduce the chances of you getting so sick if you do contract it, to land in a hospital and DIE from it. And even vaccinated, you could be asymptomatic. That doesn't mean the vaccines don't work.

Hell, the flu vaccine is only 45% effective. I don't hear any whining or screaming how it doesn't work.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16

I don’t care what games Sinema and Manchin play as long as they come through in the end. They like the attention?  Fine. Have a ball. But when it comes to vote they better fall in line.

As far as taxing corps, all the admin has to do is point to a gas pump and ask “who is pocketing all your gas money and not paying taxes?”

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

She reminds me of every single person I know who refuses to be vaccinated against Covid. They acknowledge we are living through a pandemic and people are getting sick and dying but they then say they personally can't have the vaccine because -- reasons -- which would be fine if they didn't always follow that up with anti-vaccine paranoia and misinformation.

Edited by SusannahM
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

That would make me combative!

Same here, I don't get the ire over Sunny being more assertive this season.  She has always been like this but tamped it down after the princess of Arizona joined the panel. I remember Sunny and Jed having contentious debates on the show but the ladies remained friends nonetheless.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah, I remember her being coy, but also stating she was Libertarian. But all she did was spout talking points and preface every single thing with "They say..." without actually stating who "they" were. And some ambiguous "I don't agree with [so and so's] policies" without clarifying which policies.

So she can just miss me with her super duper natural immunity bullshit. Because it doesn't take into account the mutations of the variants that keep showing up.

It's been clear since day one, that none of the vaccines--Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, were going to be 100% effective; all the doctors and scientists on this show and the CDC, have stated that it will reduce the chances of you getting so sick if you do contract it, to land in a hospital and DIE from it. And even vaccinated, you could be asymptomatic. That doesn't mean the vaccines don't work.

Hell, the flu vaccine is only 45% effective. I don't hear any whining or screaming how it doesn't work.

Tbf I don't think any of what she said contradicts every being a libertarian. In fact they are usually more anti govt than regular Republicans. They basically don't believe in govt regulation at all. Libertarians and hippies are some of the most common anti vaxxers for a reason. 

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I don’t care what games Sinema and Manchin play as long as they come through in the end. They like the attention?  Fine. Have a ball. But when it comes to vote they better fall in line.

As far as taxing corps, all the admin has to do is point to a gas pump and ask “who is pocketing all your gas money and not paying taxes?”

Well their games have already gutted BBB down to a third of what it was and Manchin already made us look bad on the world stage at COP because biden was the only major developed country leader to not commit to phasing out coal as a result....

• Love 4
5 hours ago, cinsays said:

and maybe salary negotiations for the season didn't result in her getting comparable pay to the other hosts?

Well, a lot of things have happened to Sunny over the years with people at ABC that would make her angry. First she was told she would be fired if she didn't accept the snowflake princess' behavior towards her, she was called a racial slur by that Fedida woman who worked for ABC, she was angry about her personal health information being outed on The View a month or so ago when the VP visited and the show was in chaos, not to mention she has to deal with Whoopi's ego all the time unlike the other women. I wouldn't be surprised if she's paid less than the other women on the show, too, even though she brings much more to this show than Sara does.

The truth is Sunny has always had her critics. So what, who cares, you can't please everyone. She and Ana are the only valuable co-hosts on this show after Joy to me.

• Love 21

Ugh that's the same dress Sunny had on yesterday except in red (Sara).  I do like the red better than the white, but i hate that mummy look!  So claustrophobic.  Whoopi, put the valley girl back to rest.  I understand it given the topic, but blech heh

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Paloma is still living at home.  I believe Sunny's parents are still living with her too.  I think her recent combative demeanor is due to SWSNBN being gone.  Sunny feels freer to push back against someone who disagrees with her.  She doesn't have Teta or anyone telling her to play nice.

Back to Chris Christie, he was peddling his book and his views on Nicolle's show.  She was having none of it.

1492.  Thanks.  I need to go back to class hehe. Ok glad Sunny still has a full house, and dont forget the chickens

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Aileen said:

Yeah, it was uncalled for and disrespectful, and this is coming from someone who calls her Jediblahblah. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2