Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E08: Lady Gaga, Josh Gad, Nadiya Hussein, Adam Driver, and Rod Stewart

• Start Topic

Nadiya's food doesn't always appeal to me, but she's beyond delightful. Her season of GBBS is still my favorite.

Rod Stewart still sounds good. He's obviously taken care of his voice. I loved the dresses his singers and musicians wore. That fringe is so fun!

17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Rod Stewart still sounds good. He's obviously taken care of his voice.

True, but his music is just so awful.  And this is coming from someone who loved him in high school.  So much I even had a reputation for it.  So much that when I was watching him on the show, I was wondering how old he was, and remembered he was born in 1945.  Didn't google it--I knew it.

It was Rod Stewart in the early 1970s who I loved.  The Rod Stewart of Maggie May and Handbags and Gladrags and Reason to Believe.  So on the one hand I was excited to see him on the show, but on the other, it was kind of sad for me.  (For the record, the same thing happened with Queen.  Why did everything have to turn so bad in the 80s?  😀 )

But what's interesting is the exact opposite happened with Lady Gaga.  I took an instant dislike to her when she first became known, and have done what I can to avoid her in general.  But I have to say, she was charming on the show, and may have converted me.  I'm glad, because I'm a big Adam Driver fan and was wondering what I'd do about House of Gucci.  But now I know--I'll definitely see it.

And speaking of seeing things, I was picking up real chemistry between Lady Gaga and Adam Driver. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

True, but his music is just so awful.

LOL, I know. I had no opinion about the song itself, heh! Stewart is now in Cliff Richards territory for me, where he's trying to stay current and it's embarrassing. I'd almost rather hear him butcher the Great American Songbook than sing that crap he was singing.

I loved the fist bump between Gaga and Adam Driver when Graham complimented them on the sex scene.

• Love 4