Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E04: Week 4

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, jade.black said:

This show really knows how to ruin its leads. I liked Michelle a lot on Matt's season. She always seemed laid back and fun on their dates, making jokes and coming off very confident and comfortable in her own skin. Now she's actually the central figure with a bunch of guys vying for her and she's shrinking into the background? I haven't seen a lead seem this insecure since Ashley Hebert, and I don't get why. She doesn't seem the type to demand the spotlight, I would've expected her to jump in there and have fun with the guys, no invite needed.

I can't agree with the Chris/Michael Scott comparisons because I think Chris knows EXACTLY what he's doing. Does anyone else remember his intro video from ep1? I do, and the reason I do is because he came off like an absolute douchebro (who knows it and doubles down on it), so I'd been surprised he's stayed so under the radar up to now.

I mentioned on the ep1 thread that I went to high school with Rick in the same class (go see my post there if you want to check out his freshman yearbook pic, ha), and now I'm wondering if this is why he left our school junior year. That was a rough story. He definitely was a lot too fast with the love talk on one date though. I also had to laugh because I was talking to another high school friend about this the other day, and he was saying how his primary memory of Rick was him mumbling all the time in the huddle on the football field, and I see from his present-day mumbling and whispering that it hasn't changed!

I remember Ashley Herbert and how she needed a lot of reassurance!  If I had the sexy JP pursuing me, I would have thrown all insecurities out of the window.  Remember that guy who insisted upon wearing a mask for half of the season? So great 😄.  Rick's tragic story about his dad's suicide could definitely be why he left high school junior year, I really hope that he got therapy to cope with the grief.  I can definitely picture high school Rick mumbling on the football field- I don't even know him and that gave me a great laugh 🤣!  Keep the inside scoop on Rick and his high school years coming!

• Love 3
On 11/10/2021 at 9:58 PM, chocolatine said:

I was disappointed by all the sulking and saying how much she wants to be seen. Why not just mingle and have fun on the date? Or stand back and observe for a while. 

What? Aren't there producers, directors, production assistants, wardrobe people, Tayshia, Kaitlyn, etc. 24/7 giving her directions, notes, gossip, and more?  "Wants to be Seen" seems to be the theme...the brand she's been stuck with for her season.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, gwen747 said:

This season is so incredibly boring.  I think Michelle is a nice young woman, but she doesn't have the charisma to carry a season. And these guys are duds too. 

I completely agree- she's a pretty girl and she's nice, but I don't find her captivating or funny and a lot of the guys are typical Instagram influencer types with dull personalities.  I'm realizing that the type of Bachelorette that I want to see and would relate to will never be cast: a jaded, candid girl mid 30's or older with a bold, twisted sense of humor.  I honestly think that the producers should go to open-mic nights and cast a comedienne or something.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 11/9/2021 at 8:49 PM, SHD said:

Chris S. has a real Michael Scott vibe going tonight.

I thought this when he was giving his big speech too! Also, Rick reminds me of Jim Halpert with different eyes.

image.png.98d2bf87301bc2a334bf5013cd9f86b9.pngimage.png.ff7275e33a93868dd7d34c420dcf7bf3.png

image.png

Edited by sioux21
  • LOL 3
17 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I completely agree- she's a pretty girl and she's nice, but I don't find her captivating or funny and a lot of the guys are typical Instagram influencer types with dull personalities.  I'm realizing that the type of Bachelorette that I want to see and would relate to will never be cast: a jaded, candid girl mid 30's or older with a bold, twisted sense of humor.  I honestly think that the producers should go to open-mic nights and cast a comedienne or something.  

I think Kaitlyn was supposed to be this type—and now we’re stuck with her.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I think Kaitlyn was supposed to be this type—and now we’re stuck with her.

Oh Kaitlyn and Tayshia, so tiring to watch/listen to- Kaitlyn has had so much work done that she looks like Kira the gelfling from "Dark Crystal".  I still stand by my comment that Jennifer Coolidge should host The Bachelorette- hell, she should be The Bachelorette 😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Michelle acted like a big baby in this episode.  When you take a group of bored-out-of-their-minds men and introduce them to mega snacks and giant teddy bears either join in or get out of the way! 

Edited by LindaT
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I loved the first episode of this season, and thought I would love it. Michelle is great and she had so many interesting and handsome men to choose from. But this is the most boring season I´ve ever watched. I can´t remember anything that happened since the first episode, at least not the specifics, and I know no names of contestants, except Ola (?). I think the guys she has left are incredibly unattractive (well most of them, I´m probably forgetting one cute one that is still there), she sent the last good looking ones home tonight. Michelle keeps being sad and I´m also very sad about how this is turning out.

• Love 5