Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Storm

Bort
  • Start Topic

When a chaotic superstorm hits the clearing, a structural collapse puts Marybeth and Lucas's lives in danger. Eve tries to make amends by leading the effort to dig them out. Gavin embarks on a journey into his past.

Airdate: 9 Nov 2021

This episode was a bit boring. Just a bunch of people I don't care too much about stuck in various places. The storm wasn't much of anything, just some wind and snow flurries. I prefer the animal attacks and Eve yelling "RUN!" to her furiously digging various holes for graves or tunnels.

Did Cop Lady just get away with murdering her husband? I guess she claimed self-defense but between that and killing Pilot Lady, I don't blame everyone for wanting her to hand over her gun.

I'm kind of glad Cop Lady and Drug Dealer son made up since watching them fight was annoying but watching them stuck in the debris with the Menorah Lighter (it seriously had a lot of lighter fluid to burn for so long while it was continuously lighted) was fairly painful. Plus the fact that the Doctor dude knew how to make an IED and didn't blow them up with it was pretty over the top, even for this show.

Ty with Medicine Woman could have been interesting if Ty got more out of Medicine Woman than "my people have been here forever" and "we don't know why the light appears and disappears." Shoot, ask about who she lives with and what their way of life is like even if she doesn't know anything about the Sky People. Which she obviously does since she knows English.

Psychic Dad and DHS Lady were also fairly snooze-worthy and didn't get too far in figuring out the mystery of where he came from. I did feel bad for her about her fiancee but I'm hoping that since we are dealing with time travel, they can go back to before Pilot Lady was shot and they'll be re-united.

Wolf Snack and Drop Out Med Student stuck in a truck full of costumes was also boring and their almost romance grosses me out a bit. They could have had some fun and tried on some costumes and had a fashion show but they just sat there and lectured each other instead.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

I was sort of hoping that giant sloth would come back and swallow up Josh- why do kids always think they know better than adults ( and, yeah, he's still a kid to me ) ?? He kind of made up for it and the end of the episode, but he really should learn to keep quiet- he's been 'down' there a week and he's not even showing any facial stubble, therefore he's not qualified to have make major decisions !! ( Of course, none of the older men are showing any beard growth either, is it something in the 10,000 BC air ? )

That was a superstorm ?? I've seen stronger wind come from a $20 window fan ! Sure, it knocked down a light pole, but it didn't do much else. 

It sure would be nice if someone actually answered a question rather than being so mysterious ! People say things like they're reading from a fortune cookie ! " Go back to the beginning, all the answers are there !" For crying out loud !

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Are they going to say that Gavin has these visions because he somehow is from 10,000 BC? If so, why didn't the lady that jumped out of the plane just TELL him that instead of giving him a mystery date. Why wouldn't you tell him that as soon as you figured it out, it would only encourage him to help you. Also, do we have a nickname for the past/down the sinkhole, because I am getting tired of typing 10,000 BC.

I was impressed with Ty continuing to ask questions to native lady, even when she didn't answer anything.

Mary Beth has to turn over her gun, but Levi and Doctor guy get to hold on to them? I guess they have training. Does Ty still have a gun?

Of course the big trailer is full of clothing. That will come in handy for not having to see everyone in the same clothes every episode. But why didn't Josh and Riley bring back all the clothes....the trunk of the jeep barely looked filled. These people need to be searching for all the supplies they can.

I laughed at Stoney Guy suggesting they copy something done on Lost.

• Love 12

So yeah, 11,000 years ago the continent was in an ice age but.... weather isn't magic. Its not going to be bright and sunny and apparently summer and then boom, its snowing! And then boom, its sunny and nice. An ice age doesn't do this. 

23 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Are they going to say that Gavin has these visions because he somehow is from 10,000 BC?

I think they're strongly hinting this, yes.

• Love 8

I missed the first 10 minutes due to a phone call, and then missed the last 10 because I fell asleep.
Nevertheless: 
I really wanted to have a standoff with Eve giving back every incredulous look she was giving. 
Seriously, Eve? No remorse? No: "OMG, my idea ruined any chances of us getting out of here"? Or, no: "OMG, I teamed up with a killer because she was a mother"?

53 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I did feel bad for her about her fiancee but I'm hoping that since we are dealing with time travel, they can go back to before Pilot Lady was shot and they'll be re-united.

I like this idea of them going back to prevent Diana the engineer from being shot and killed, but, please, let's make sure they get her gun away from her as soon as they land in last week, otherwise it will be a very boring, very annoying Groundhog Day.

53 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Wolf Snack and Drop Out Med Student stuck in a truck full of costumes was also boring and their almost romance grosses me out a bit. They could have had some fun and tried on some costumes and had a fashion show but they just sat there and lectured each other instead.

With other actors and writers, having them trying on costumes could have been so much better than any re-enacted Lost scenes or schemes.

• Love 2

That storm just seemed to be a bit of wind and some weird snow. Snow just doesn't happen when it's been 70 degrees/21 Celsius (Canadian here). You need a cold front and a moisture source. I can rain and maybe if there is enough wind shear and the right conditions, a possible small tornado.

The native lady spoke modern English. Wonder how long she has been there. You'd think there would be some different phrasing if they had been there for a long time. Funny that no one wrote down any records of when the light appears and disappears so there would be a pattern. Even folks from medieval times and further back noticed things like comets and strange things in the sky.

Meanwhile, things might go a bit faster for Gavin if someone actually sat down with him and presented what they know about the sinkhole and any information they have from past sinkholes. Not give some random date. Did the sinkhole eject him before he was adopted?

The mother/son reunion while trapped under the rubble? Someone knew how to blow up the concrete? Not like anyone really has any shovels.

Surely the kids can bring back the costumes so there is an explanation of how clothes just showed up. And most likely will need any alterations since the cast/castaways will fit them perfectly.

Eve should find her way to the other side of LA. There should be some remorse over the failed rescue plan.

• Love 3

I still can't get over that giant house that Gavin lives in and ain't nobody living there got a job. 

Josh didn't get his kiss from Riley, but at least he got to watch her change her clothes. 

Gavin was adopted and always wanted to find his birth parents. I guess his sister isn't his biological sister.

It would have been fine if Lucas and Marybeth were blown up or crushed under the rubble, it seemed like there story line had reached a good stopping point and didn't need to go on any further.

Ty is so busy making moves on the Cavewoman Paara, he forgot all about crazy Veronica. Maybe Ty can invite Paara over for cocktails, he does owe her his life.

NUP_194908_03267.jpg

Paara: Snake in the grass!

Ty: No! I'm a nice guy!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I was thinking the same thing--like in “Pretty Woman”.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

They should take everyone out to that tractor trailer to get as many clothes as they can get. I also saw scissors so there was probably a lot of sewing stuff in there too. And check the cab for supplies! 🙄

Ooo! Ren Faire!

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I'm kind of glad Cop Lady and Drug Dealer son made up since watching them fight was annoying but watching them stuck in the debris with the Menorah Lighter (it seriously had a lot of lighter fluid to burn for so long while it was continuously lighted) was fairly painful.

Like Paloma I couldn't bring myself to watch but I'm loving these comments. Reading them is like reading the answers to a Mad Lib. 😁

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

They should take everyone out to that tractor trailer to get as many clothes as they can get. I also saw scissors so there was probably a lot of sewing stuff in there too. And check the cab for supplies! 🙄

Notice that Wolf Snack and Dropout Pre-Med Student never bothered to check the cab of the tractor-trailer for the driver. 
To see if maybe the driver was alive because that truck looked pretty much intact, as it landed rightside up.  The driver may have just been taking a nap.

The interior of the trailer barely looked jostled let alone looked like it dropped from the sky -- there should have been stuff scattered all over the place.

'The Storm' was just a windy day with a little snow.  Meh.

Psychic Dad may have arrived from the past when he was 4.  Well, that certainly explains why he speaks perfect modern English, just like the kid in the fort.  :)

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I'm kind of glad Cop Lady and Drug Dealer son made up since watching them fight was annoying but watching them stuck in the debris with the Menorah Lighter (it seriously had a lot of lighter fluid to burn for so long while it was continuously lighted) was fairly painful

The lighter was also potent enough to make the place quite bright. What I noticed, as if there weren't enough blunders to snark about, was the way the moving flame didn't distort the shadows, didn't make things look eerie. 

And Izzy is such a good teenager! She goes to bed as soon as daddy says she needs to rest. Aw!

I haven't finished the episode yet but I was laughing when I saw rocks flying like papers, and a big block of concrete being moved by the wind while two humans stood there and had no trouble standing. Really writers, if the wind in strong enough to move a big piece of a building, people would be fighting to stand still without anything to hold on to.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Why are Eve and Cop Lady still talking like they actually saved anyone?
When Levi and Eve were arguing about her banishment, he said he was going to have been able to "fly everyone out" [the altimeter sensors were repaired when Eve and Cop Lady arrived to stop Levi and Dianna]. Eve didn't look surprised or incredulous about Levi's claim (to be able to fly everyone out). Do Eve and Cop Lady realize that the plane had been fixed and was not going to crash?

Are we supposed to recognize the NA indigenous chin tattoo on the woman (Paara) who rescued Ty? Or is it just set dressing makeup? 

ETA: Paara (Tonantzin Carmelo) and Ty (Chiké Okonkwo) have more "chemistry" than any other couple I've seen on TV lately.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4

Let me see if I have this. For as long as the fort dwellers can remember, strange people have been falling through a light in the sky at random times and they happen to speak the same language as them. But no mythology has been developed around these events. They simply avoid the sky people unless they get into electrocution range.

Sounds perfectly reasonable. /s

Edited by Amy Beth
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

The storm wasn't much of anything, just some wind and snow flurries.

Hey, in LA, that's a blizzard!

Psychic Dad and DHS Lady were also fairly snooze-worthy and didn't get too far in figuring out the mystery of where he came from. I did feel bad for her about her fiancee but I'm hoping that since we are dealing with time travel, they can go back to before Pilot Lady was shot and they'll be re-united.

I'm hoping for timey-whimey wibbly wobbly stuff(tm) reuniting them, too.

11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Are they going to say that Gavin has these visions because he somehow is from 10,000 BC?

I was wondering if Gavin and Blonde Girl escaped from "the cult of four fingers," but this makes more sense. How, then, did they get through the Aurora Rift to modern times? Hmm...

Edited by Ms Lark
  • LOL 3

I laughed at Stoney Guy suggesting they copy something done on Lost.

I love the Lost jokes. Hopefully, they can get some of the actors from Lost to appear on the show in future episodes.

• Love 4

Also, do we have a nickname for the past/down the sinkhole, because I am getting tired of typing 10,000 BC.

"The Pit"? Get it? La Brea? Thank you, tip your waitress.

2 hours ago, circumvent said:

I haven't finished the episode yet but I was laughing when I saw rocks flying like papers, and a big block of concrete being moved by the wind while two humans stood there and had no trouble standing. Really writers, if the wind in strong enough to move a big piece of a building, people would be fighting to stand still without anything to hold on to.

It was finally cemented for me how tiny the effects budget for this show is when the tree crashed through a car windshield, indicated by a crashing sound and the actors whipping their heads around shouting "whoa" to show the tree already in place lol.

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Paara (Tonantzin Carmelo) and Ty (Chiké Okonkwo) have more "chemistry" than any other couple I've seen on TV lately.

I was watching him in his scenes with her, and it dawned on me that he has chemistry with everyone he's interacted significantly with: Eve, the kidnap girls, now this lady. Shows the actor is an excellent scene partner, invested and present. Signs of a true professional. Too good for this show maybe?

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Ms Lark said:

Hey, in LA, that's a blizzard!

I'm hoping for timey-whimey wibbly wobbly stuff(tm) reuniting them, too.

I was wondering if Gavin and Blonde Girl escaped from "the cult of four fingers," but this makes more sense. How, then, did they get through the Aurora Rift to modern times? Hmm...

Some magic doorway that no one has seen yet?  It’s been here all along but Gavin came to show us the way home! /sarcasm  

That wardrobe truck looks like a nice place to hang out.  It has a sofa, lighting, why are they finding it now and not days before?  

Cop Lady’s reason for killing her husband doesn’t seem justified to me.  Even though she was saying it was self defense I guess she was good at proving it.   I don’t care for stories where 2 people who don’t like each other are stuck somewhere waiting for rescue and are forced to work out their differences in the meantime.  Like what another poster said above, this should have been the end of the road for Cop Lady and her Heroin Son.  That structure he was in didn’t look too secure in the first place so it looked like he had it coming.  

Ty was lucky that Paara showed up.  I guess Veronica tied him up?  Where did she get the material to do that?

Edited by Cobb Salad
  • Love 4

The Native woman (Paara) has to be from a time where the institution of marriage was settled, where the phrase "good luck" is something people say without much thinking. I mean, she knew what "wife" and "divorce" mean so she has to be part of a community that, after falling through the light in the sky, established social institutions, law and religion, since she also understands the concept of superstition. 

And why does Gavin always look like he needs a shower, while people who feel in the sinkhole are groomed and clean?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Can you believe the ratings for this show are actually pretty decent, and that it's likely to be renewed for another season? Yeah me neither. There are just SO MANY stupid things happening:

How did the gold wind up back in the woods? Would Lucas really just dump it out there knowing Scott knew where it was? Speaking of Lucas, if his drug-stealing cop father was going to blame him for the drug stealing, why would Lucas have spent "the rest of his life" in prison if he was only 15? Wouldn't he be tried as a juvenile, and since the drugs were stolen from what I presume was the evidence locker at the police station, doesn't his father's story sound paper-thin?

Homeland Security just let Gavin go? And now we have YET ANOTHER mystery to solve: his adoption/birth parents. Like we don't have enough mysteries on this show.

Do snakes really bleed red if you chop them in half like that?

Has anyone thought about turning the bus over? The seats have to be more comfortable than the ceiling. I mean, if they all just push . . .

MaryBeth and Lucas, trapped in rubble, hey I know. Let's send the teenagers off on the critical mission to find tools to dig them out. Yeah that makes sense.

Then MaryBeth and Lucas are rescued and Sam says "thanks to Eve." WTF did Eve do? It was Scott who suggested the dynamite and Sam who made the IED. Then everyone does this show's version of the slow clap when asked to raise their hands in favor of keeping Eve. Groan.

Let me see if I have this. For as long as the fort dwellers can remember, strange people have been falling through a light in the sky at random times and they happen to speak the same language as them. But no mythology has been developed around these events. They simply avoid the sky people unless they get into electrocution range.

This. WTF. If new people are always showing up, then where did they go, assuming the Village People didn't take them in? Or if they did assimilate into the Village clan, they why are they so hostile to newcomers? This makes zero sense. Either you see new people show up out of the blue all the time and are used to it, or you've never seen it happen before and are therefore terrified and defensive. It can't be both. If you're used to all these people appearing out of the sky you know they have no idea where they are or how they got there. Furthermore you're the ones with the weapons.

Gah!

• Love 11

Everybody: "Let's go to some random truck and see if there are any tools!"

Me: You've got a tricked out off road vehicle. That cylinder on the front? Is a winch capable of moving tons. Maybe start with that.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I still don’t understand why people thought Levi’s plane would be able to go back and forth through the rift when it (and the drones) malfunctioned and crashed before. It appeared that the rift fried aircraft trying to get through. Plus wasn’t the rift closing rapidly? How could there be multiple trips even if the plane survived? I’m thinking about this too much. 🙄

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Then MaryBeth and Lucas are rescued and Sam says "thanks to Eve." WTF did Eve do? It was Scott who suggested the dynamite and Sam who made the IED. Then everyone does this show's version of the slow clap when asked to raise their hands in favor of keeping Eve. Groan.

Eve was the only one that cared enough to even check if they were still alive. I am surprised that Scott didn't suggest the explosion to make sure that they both were dead.

5 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

This. WTF. If new people are always showing up, then where did they go, assuming the Village People didn't take them in? Or if they did assimilate into the Village clan, they why are they so hostile to newcomers? This makes zero sense. Either you see new people show up out of the blue all the time and are used to it, or you've never seen it happen before and are therefore terrified and defensive. It can't be both. If you're used to all these people appearing out of the sky you know they have no idea where they are or how they got there. Furthermore you're the ones with the weapons.

Gah!

This would explain how they are able to keep up with their slang and their legends about the Real Housewives of New Jersey.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Ooo! Ren Faire!

That would have been fun, if it was for some period movie so we have people wandering around in random medieval clothes.

17 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I think we're all assuming that.

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Has anyone thought about turning the bus over? The seats have to be more comfortable than the ceiling.

With all the stuff on the floor of a public bus?  I'll take the ceiling.

4 hours ago, xaxat said:

Me: You've got a tricked out off road vehicle. That cylinder on the front? Is a winch capable of moving tons. Maybe start with that.

Glad I'm not the only one who wondered about that!  I wonder if we'll get the scene of Paara returning to the Village People/Four Finger Death Cult and say, "We don't need to worry about these Sky People.  They won't last that long here."  Although her scene with Ty was one of the more interesting ones of the episode.  Actually come to think of it, most of the interesting scenes so far have Ty in them.

Riley and Wolf Snack were so boring (even the wolves couldn't finish him, amirite?) and it's so blatant that they're a predestined paring even though it would make more sense for her to be with Lukas or Scott who are closer to her age and have actually shown themselves to be useful.  Also anyone willing to banish his own mother to the wilderness (full of sabertooth cats no less!) is probably someone you should avoid a relationship with.

Taking a play from Lost.  Um, gunpowder is not that powerful an explosive, not near as much as dynamite so I find it hard to believe that the gunpowder from a few bullets is enough to blast a hole that big.

And yet, I'm hooked on this show.  Not because of the writing.  Nor the acting, but they give their best, Ty in particular is really good (and it doesn't hurt that Eve, Riley and Sophia are pretty to look at).  And it's pretty obvious that they blew their effects budget on the sinkhole and the prehistoric animals in the first few episodes.  I think it's because I'm a sucker for time travel to prehistoric eras, because the surface stuff bores me.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Lugal said:

Taking a play from Lost.  Um, gunpowder is not that powerful an explosive, not near as much as dynamite so I find it hard to believe that the gunpowder from a few bullets is enough to blast a hole that big.

It is easier to believe if you remember that the rocks were flying in the storm, so there is that

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Lugal said:

36 minutes ago, circumvent said:

It is easier to believe if you remember that the rocks were flying in the storm, so there is that

And said rocks were flying in the same wind that barely ruffled Eve and Stoner's hair.

I'm guessing the budget wasn't big enough to have the Hair & Make-up people do their hair again after blowing it around with fans, but, sheesh, talk about low budget.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Cop Lady’s reason for killing her husband doesn’t seem justified to me.  Even though she was saying it was self defense I guess she was good at proving it.   I don’t care for stories where 2 people who don’t like each other are stuck somewhere waiting for rescue and are forced to work out their differences in the meantime.  Like what another poster said above, this should have been the end of the road for Cop Lady and her Heroin Son.  That structure he was in didn’t look too secure in the first place so it looked like he had it coming.  

Also, it sounded like her son was dealing drugs with her husband, right? So he kind of should have gone to jail.

5 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I still don’t understand why people thought Levi’s plane would be able to go back and forth through the rift when it (and the drones) malfunctioned and crashed before. It appeared that the rift fried aircraft trying to get through. Plus wasn’t the rift closing rapidly? How could there be multiple trips even if the plane survived? I’m thinking about this too much. 🙄

Wishful thinking. If they were lucky they'd have made one trip. 

But having a working plane would have been helpful for scouting the area and seeing if other green lights have appeared. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, circumvent said:

I do have to remember that wind speed can vary greatly in the ten feet or so up from the ground.

Ahahahahahaha   I actually rewound to see Eve the Martyr's expression again when JOSSHH/Wolf Snack voted her off the island.  HA!

So much LOL in this one.   I mean...so Scowling Cop Mom KILLED her husband because he was going to turn in Heroin Son for a crime that Heroin Son actually did commit (along with now Dead Dad, though NDD was saving his own ass) BUT she did it because Heroin Son is claustrophobic!!!  Haha!!!  Not cuz prison sucks, life ruined, etc but "you'd never survive, look how you are now" because they were trapped.  Hahahaha!  I don't know why I find that so funny but I do.

Dr. Seal can make an IED because of course he can.  He's personality free but I'm on board with him being able to do any old ridiculous thing.

Can these idiots please stop giving Stoner Scott side eyes and squinty looks?  Scott is the only one with a functioning brain, no matter how fogged it is.

Everyone is justified at being pissed at Scowling Mom and Eve the Martyr but you know that they're going to be proved right, just to annoy me.  Scowling Mom will need her gun but won't have it.  Blech.

I bet being in the past will cure Brain Tumor Ty and he can settle down with Medicine Lady.  I like Ty so that can happen.  Hopefully Veronica got eaten by a saber tooth or crushed by a sloth.

So (last week comment) Diana manages to survive THREE FREAKING YEARS and within practically minutes of meeting our crew, she's shot dead.  Maye Our Crew is from the Walking Dead, where practically everyone who ran into the main cast died a horrible death not soon after. 

So, who's native to the 10,000 BC or whatever time?  Even if Psychic Dad was born there, was he born of people really from that time or from Sky People?  WAIT - maybe no one was actually native to that time, they all dropped from the sky.  Future people became past people!  Wheee!

• Love 6

I was highly amused by the fact that the semi dropped all the way down there without so much as a scratch.  It would have been way cooler if the two kids could have driven it back to the camp.  Completely absurd, but cool.

8 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

But having a working plane would have been helpful for scouting the area and seeing if other green lights have appeared. 

I think Diana actually mentioned that they flew around in her plane for awhile before it crashed.  But she's dead now, so it's irrelevant.

16 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Or if they did assimilate into the Village clan, they why are they so hostile to newcomers?

Maybe they're actually from Santa Barbara?

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, raven said:

Dr. Seal can make an IED because of course he can.  He's personality free but I'm on board with him being able to do any old ridiculous thing.

McGyver did it best though. And only with an army knife and duct tape. 

59 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was highly amused by the fact that the semi dropped all the way down there without so much as a scratch.

Forget about the scratches. The clothes didn't fall off the racks either, they were hanging there, perfectly organized

• Love 4
20 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Has anyone thought about turning the bus over? The seats have to be more comfortable than the ceiling. I mean, if they all just push . . .

Yeah but they're sleeping in there and the ceiling is probably a LOT cleaner.

12 hours ago, raven said:

He's the Professor!  If only they had some coconuts and he could rig up a functioning radio.

• LOL 8
On 11/10/2021 at 10:49 AM, iMonrey said:

Homeland Security just let Gavin go? And now we have YET ANOTHER mystery to solve: his adoption/birth parents. Like we don't have enough mysteries on this show.

Well, he signed an NDA, ya know. Because THOSE are enforceable under penalty of jail. (eyeroll) My first thought? "Your kid didn't sign an NDA. She can blab about this all she wants."

On 11/10/2021 at 10:55 AM, xaxat said:

Everybody: "Let's go to some random truck and see if there are any tools!"

My thought: Every vehicle in your camp likely has a jack. Why not use those to lift large pieces of rubble?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Lugal said:

He's the Professor!  If only they had some coconuts and he could rig up a functioning radio.

OMG, @Lugal! How did we miss until this moment that this show is not Lost 2.0, but it is totally Gilligan's Island in the new/prehistoric millennium! 
Complete with 2020s sociopolitical animosities.
And, unfortunately, IMO, some Criminal Minds thrown in for not-good measure, that is: kidnappings, stabbings, shootings, familial dysfunction, psychopathy, etc. 

• Love 5

Where is our intrepid skydiving scientist?  Did she land somewhere else and they're saving her for another episode?  Did she make an error on her jump and land in downtown LA, only to get mugged?  Or maybe she deployed at ground level and is floating down from 20,000'.

• LOL 7
5 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Where is our intrepid skydiving scientist?  Did she land somewhere else and they're saving her for another episode?  Did she make an error on her jump and land in downtown LA, only to get mugged?  Or maybe she deployed at ground level and is floating down from 20,000'.

She was briefly in the coming attractions for next week’s episode.  I didn’t note who found her but she looks like she needs some help.  

On 11/9/2021 at 11:18 PM, AnimeMania said:

I still can't get over that giant house that Gavin lives in and ain't nobody living there got a job. 

Not only that, but Gavin lost his job years ago, so Eve was the only one making money for quite some time. It's a new house, so it's not like they're coasting on a paid-off mortage or something. They just survived a serious accident that should have them swimming in medical debt. That prosthetic leg ain't cheap. And yet no one bitches about money. 

Maybe Gavin was found with a suitcase of gold bars from the Civil War when he was adopted?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1