Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Stay

• Start Topic

"You're dumping me because I fought for my film?"

No, they're dumping you because you broke the agreement you (presumably) signed. Dumbass.

♥️ Colin.

"Instayap"? Is that a Snapchat knockoff?

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I mostly liked it.

While I still love Eddie and Sophie's relationship, which is still the best part of this episode and last episode, Although Eddie meeting cute with Anna is the definition of contrived coincidence. Although I didn't recognize her until that blow-up at open mic night.

Rome, is this your first day with a new brain? Yes, the agent's relationship with Paragon+ would be greater than his relationship with you. You are not his only client. He may want to promote another filmmaker with Paragon+, you big idiot. Plus, yeah, you broke the contract. Word will get around that you don't stick to your part of contracts (even though I still think there were loopholes big enough to drive a fleet of semis through, and that a real lawyer would have been able to do more with that), and that may really hinder you from selling anything in the future.

(I did really like the three guys acting like friends for a brief moment).

I liked that Gary seems to be going in the right direction, finally. Baby steps, but this should be encouraged. Going to therapy. Not immediately jumping up and wanting to hunt down Maggie's stalker.

Katherine's relationship with her assistant is kind of inappropriate. 

Really, really not surprised at catering a movie set being too difficult for one person to handle. Although I can't see it being much better with two people handling it. Or "professional caterers" handling it.

What do we think about Maggie's stalker dying 3 years ago? Stalking beyond the grave (I wouldn't put it past this show). Faked his death? Someone pretending to be him?

I also ❤️ Colin. Of course he hogs the blankets!

2 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

Edited by historylover820
Adding more info
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, historylover820 said:

I liked that Gary seems to be going in the right direction, finally. Baby steps, but this should be encouraged. Going to therapy. Not immediately jumping up and wanting to hunt down Maggie's stalker.

Yes!  Finally someone on tv went to therapy! 

What do we think about Maggie's stalker dying 3 years ago? Stalking beyond the grave (I wouldn't put it past this show). Faked his death? Someone pretending to be him?

She seemed to be comparing handwriting, so it is mostly likely not a fake.  How does Maggie know her old client is dead?  Maybe the person who told her that was wrong.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, izabella said:

She seemed to be comparing handwriting, so it is mostly likely not a fake.  How does Maggie know her old client is dead?  Maybe the person who told her that was wrong.

I don't understand why that means she can't tell the police. Tell them why it points to this particular person and let them figure out if the guy is really dead? Or am I being too logical?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I refuse to believe that Rome didn't understand that the Paramount+ knockoff owned the rights to his movie. Dumbass.

I'm not surprised since these characters seem so entitled and feel they should get to do what they want anytime they want.

So glad I'm not the only one to not notice Anna. 😅

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, circumvent said:

Haven't watched it yet but cannot remember. Who is Anna? 

Peter’s wife.

also—

That stare, super slow kiss minute long nonsense at the end with Rome and Gina was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. It was basically, “Damn, you’re home early. I was getting ready to cheat and now I get to tell you that we lost all the P+ money.” Gina should have turned and went back to Miami.

Edited by Aileen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Aileen said:

Peter’s wife.

also—

That stare, super slow kiss minute long nonsense at the end with Rome and Gina was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. It was basically, “Damn, you’re home early. I was getting ready to cheat and now I get to tell you that we lost all the P+ money.” Gina should have turned and went back to Miami.

There's so much miscommunication between them. I know Gina had her issues when her work friend quit that Rome pushed aside his own problems to listen to her but did Rome ever tell Gina what's going or did she catch up with him to what's happening while she is away?

2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Another problem with my logical brain vs the AMLT reality:

So Anna worked at the music store and recognized Eddie, but he has never seen her before?

I think the lesson is we should turn off our brains when watching AMLT.😅

• LOL 1

I actually liked this episode. Cam's character brings out a better Maggie and I was pleased that the writers didn't make him an ass (yet) about Maggie sending the bodyguard home  - he apologized, which is a positive - and about Gary being on the counch. First real adult relationship in a while.

Toned down Gary also works for me since I can't stand the character.

Even the story with Anna wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Hopefully it will be something mostly int he background and not an excuse to bring Criminal Gary or Creepy Peter back

Now, the bad:

Katherine's story is contrived and boring

Gina wasn't cooking for 300 people, not on the props we could see. I spent almost two years cooking for 20-25 people at least once a week and what she was using, the big pots, that's for up to 30 people. I don't know how food trucks work but I am pretty sure she did not make 300 meals in that period of time and fed them all, being the only one cooing with one big pot. 

• Love 5

When Rome asked his agent if he was picking Paragon+ over him, I thought the agent was just say "yes, obviously" because of course he's going to pick a huge entertainment distributer over a small time commercial producer who has only made one documentary who also just broke his first contract. Did Rome get a head injury along with Regina? What a moron, what did he think was going to happen? I guess it can get confusing for these guys whenever any main character has to deal with actual consequences for their stupid self important actions when normally the laws of the universe will bend to whatever suites them. Of course these guys are going to sue them, and now Rome is going to get an early reputation for being difficult to work with and doesn't care about keeping to contracts. If he had gotten a decent lawyer who could have found a loophole instead of just threatening them with a PR crisis before showing his film, maybe this could have been avoided, but because he stupidly started showing his movie anyway, he's in trouble. 

Not a terrible episode, it had some things that I liked. I continue to really like Sophie and Eddie bonding and the scene with the guys hanging out was actually pretty fun, I feel like its been awhile since the guys just hung out. I am also glad to hear that Gary is in therapy, god knows he needs it, and that he held back on running around like a lunatic looking for Maggie's stalker. Its a good start, but its going to take a long time for me to not always be waiting for the other shoe to drop with Gary now that we know what he's capable of. This is why a plot like this just doesn't work in a show like this, the idea of taking the law into your own hands is way too weighty and complex an issue to just be another forgotten subplot, its a pretty big thing to have a character, especially your comic relief, get into and just ignoring it makes it feel even worse. 

Not surprising that Regina struggled with her catering business considering it was apparently just her and her friend catering for a whole film set with no real experience catering. I guess Regina only just got to the point where she can be in a room with her mom without rolling her eyes, so now she has to have issues with her dad. I am glad that at least they managed to have a decent talk about her issues with him, and I am really glad she made it home before that hinted at cheating could happen...

I totally didn't recognize Anna at first, that just meant I could laugh even harder at the ridiculous contrivance of Eddie having a meet cute with the wife of the man who assaulted Sophie. Of course he would just happen to run into Anna of all people and that's who he vibes with, what a small world it is when your writing is super contrived. 

Katherine is having as much luck in dating as her ex, I called the woman she was on a date with bailing the second she slipped away to go to the restroom. It was for the best, what an inconsiderate ass that woman was, if she's worried about being Katherines first relationship with a woman at least have the decency to finish the date and then text later and say your not interested like a halfway polite person would. I am just so not into this plot, I can only complain about how salty I am about them stupidly breaking up Eddie and Katherine for cheap drama in so many posts, so I will just say that this story is boring and seems more like the show saw an opportunity to check off another diversity/issue box with Katherine being bisexual then actually wanting to tell a good story about a woman exploring her sexuality in middle age. 

Also, holy fuck Theo is twelve? I always forget how old he's supposed to be when he acts like a five year old, this kid should be in middle school!

Maggie is being stalked by a ghost! Spoooky. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ams1001 said:

So Anna worked at the music store and recognized Eddie, but he has never seen her before?

Maybe I'm being shallow,  but Eddie is pretty hot,  he might be more memorable than Anna.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

When Rome asked his agent if he was picking Paragon+ over him, I thought the agent was just say "yes, obviously" because of course he's going to pick a huge entertainment distributer over a small time commercial producer who has only made one documentary who also just broke his first contract. Did Rome get a head injury along with Regina? What a moron, what did he think was going to happen? I guess it can get confusing for these guys whenever any main character has to deal with actual consequences for their stupid self important actions when normally the laws of the universe will bend to whatever suites them. Of course these guys are going to sue them, and now Rome is going to get an early reputation for being difficult to work with and doesn't care about keeping to contracts. If he had gotten a decent lawyer who could have found a loophole instead of just threatening them with a PR crisis before showing his film, maybe this could have been avoided, but because he stupidly started showing his movie anyway, he's in trouble. 

Not a terrible episode, it had some things that I liked. I continue to really like Sophie and Eddie bonding and the scene with the guys hanging out was actually pretty fun, I feel like its been awhile since the guys just hung out. I am also glad to hear that Gary is in therapy, god knows he needs it, and that he held back on running around like a lunatic looking for Maggie's stalker. Its a good start, but its going to take a long time for me to not always be waiting for the other shoe to drop with Gary now that we know what he's capable of. This is why a plot like this just doesn't work in a show like this, the idea of taking the law into your own hands is way too weighty and complex an issue to just be another forgotten subplot, its a pretty big thing to have a character, especially your comic relief, get into and just ignoring it makes it feel even worse. 

Not surprising that Regina struggled with her catering business considering it was apparently just her and her friend catering for a whole film set with no real experience catering. I guess Regina only just got to the point where she can be in a room with her mom without rolling her eyes, so now she has to have issues with her dad. I am glad that at least they managed to have a decent talk about her issues with him, and I am really glad she made it home before that hinted at cheating could happen...

I totally didn't recognize Anna at first, that just meant I could laugh even harder at the ridiculous contrivance of Eddie having a meet cute with the wife of the man who assaulted Sophie. Of course he would just happen to run into Anna of all people and that's who he vibes with, what a small world it is when your writing is super contrived. 

Katherine is having as much luck in dating as her ex, I called the woman she was on a date with bailing the second she slipped away to go to the restroom. It was for the best, what an inconsiderate ass that woman was, if she's worried about being Katherines first relationship with a woman at least have the decency to finish the date and then text later and say your not interested like a halfway polite person would. I am just so not into this plot, I can only complain about how salty I am about them stupidly breaking up Eddie and Katherine for cheap drama in so many posts, so I will just say that this story is boring and seems more like the show saw an opportunity to check off another diversity/issue box with Katherine being bisexual then actually wanting to tell a good story about a woman exploring her sexuality in middle age. 

Also, holy fuck Theo is twelve? I always forget how old he's supposed to be when he acts like a five year old, this kid should be in middle school!

Maggie is being stalked by a ghost! Spoooky. 

I thought the minute the date decided to bail on Katherine was when Katherine pulled her hand away when the waiter came by like she was embarrassed to be holding hands with a woman.   And then directly after,  Katherine says "I'm curious" while talking about the guacamole and her date says " I bet you are" like maybe Katherine is just using her as an experiment.   Still rude to bail,  but I can see her reasoning. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, circumvent said:

Katherine's story is contrived and boring

I could just barely follow it because I was completely distracted by her haircut seeming to be bi-level with one side super long, the other shoulder length.  That cannot be right.  Did anyone else see that?  I already deleted it or I would go back and take another look.  

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

“Your nephew is four? My son is 12, but he acts like he’s 5, and we treat him like he’s 5, so let’s set up a play date.”

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Did Rome get a head injury along with Regina? What a moron, what did he think was going to happen? I guess it can get confusing for these guys whenever any main character has to deal with actual consequences for their stupid self important actions when normally the laws of the universe will bend to whatever suites them.

This is why a plot like this just doesn't work in a show like this, the idea of taking the law into your own hands is way too weighty and complex an issue to just be another forgotten subplot, its a pretty big thing to have a character, especially your comic relief, get into and just ignoring it makes it feel even worse. 

I had liked Rome until they've made him an immature idiot who thinks that he should be able to do anything he wants.  Contracts be damned!  Ridiculous enough that he thought he could get away with showing his movie, but then expects to get out of trouble and not have any consequences.

Gary has committed a violent criminal act.  This doesn't fit in this show at all and as I was afraid of, they are downplaying it. Gary gets a little therapy and let's just forget about it.

Theo is a twelve year old...who likes cuddles and glitter.  Why didn't they just have the character be much younger if that is the kind of behavior they wanted.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Gary has committed a violent criminal act.  This doesn't fit in this show at all and as I was afraid of, they are downplaying it. Gary gets a little therapy and let's just forget about it.

I thought it was in poor taste when he was joking about the baseball bat and Maggie flippantly called him vicious or something. (I can't remember the exact line but it was two adjectives basically implying his willingness to get violent.) You really want to remind us of that, show?

• Love 8
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Katherine left without eating that guacamole I’ll bet. Criminal.

I don't even like guacamole, and I was like, "I hope she takes those chips home for later..."

9 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

I'm not surprised since these characters seem so entitled and feel they should get to do what they want anytime they want.

So glad I'm not the only one to not notice Anna. 😅

I had absolutely no clue who she was until they showed the flashback.  That's probably why they included it, because while I'm sure that actress is very nice, she's kind of generic and unmemorable, especially considering she's not had a lot of screen time.

9 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Eddie's been rolling around with his head up his own ass for quite a while, so I can give that one a pass.

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

And how many of us said "yeah, she's outta there" as soon as her date said she was going to the bathroom?

::raises hand:: 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I could just barely follow it because I was completely distracted by her haircut seeming to be bi-level with one side super long, the other shoulder length.  That cannot be right.  Did anyone else see that?  I already deleted it or I would go back and take another look.  

I went and yes you are right. Is that a new style?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

She gave herself a weird partial buzzcut late last season as sort of a "fuck you" to Eddie, and I imagine that this is what that cut looks like grown out.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

With the right length/layer, choppy haircut can make you look edgy but Katherine’s is far from edgy. From certain angle, it looks like Delilah’s hairstyle.

B09660F8-720A-4834-B019-78D72A9B16FF.jpeg

E5567AB7-D6A0-4E29-B289-A016C023804A.jpeg

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I just don't get so much of his plot, on top of all your notes:

A. That he still went though with the deal despite the festival guy explicitly warning him about what would happen,

B. Blatantly violating his contract while still keeping the money and thinking that would fly,

C. That somehow actually working for SIX MONTHS and

D. Him being able to return the money without any issue when he and Gina cannot be rolling in the dough. 

• Love 8

Gary going to therapy is the best thing for him, but I'm surprised the writers went there.  He is one of many, many television characters who would benefit from therapy, but if they all went and took it seriously, who would create unnecessary conflict and drama for us all to watch?

The writing in general seemed odd.  Eddie made a bunch of sarcastic, "witty" comments that would normally be coming out of Gary's mouth.  And Rome is a lot more sensible than the writers are making him out to be.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

With the right length/layer, choppy haircut can make you look edgy but Katherine’s is far from edgy. From certain angle, it looks like Delilah’s hairstyle.

Thanks @SnazzyDaisy!  Yes, it looks like it was trying to be like Delilah's style but failed terribly. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

C’mon everyone, have we not been watching the same show. Not only will Rome not suffer a bad reputation or further consequences. He will be heralded as a great modern day civil rights activist who stood up to the evil white studio execs that tried to shelve his brilliant mind blowing life changing movie. Poo poo those pesky details that he took their money (without even barely asking a single question btw) and then decided he didn’t like what all that money bought and then was SHOCKED he had to give the money back. How would that work anyway? Would he have to pay back the cut the agent took? 

I admit if I met Eddie in a parking lot I’d vibe on him too. 

Katherines storyline is so dumb, and for this show thats saying a lot. 

Can we just get a whole episode of Colin. Colin in bed under the covers, Colin taking walks and meeting small children, Colin sleeping on the floor. #teamcolin 

• Love 10

I really dislike Katherine's plot line and I think - if they really wanted a LGBTQ story - they should have gone with Eddie and his wheelchair buddy (don't remember his name) developing a more intimate, loving relationship. They have good chemistry

• Love 5

I think the writing process is "I wonder what will make viewers roll their eyes more? Plot A, Plot B, or Plot C? You know what? Let's do all three!"

And I'm sure they wonder why this is a bubble show.

But, yes to all above--

Yes, I would completely do a meet cute with Eddie if given the chance. I've thought DG has been hot since his time on Grimm. But, that's real life, and not the illogical, fantastical, bordering on farcical AMLT universe.

So, the AMLT universe:

Yes, Rome will be seen as an almost civil rights activist who stuck it to evil big-time streaming and he'll become folk hero and people will write songs about him. And he'll win the Oscar for Best Documentary. Because he's just so good.

Yes, Katherine's storyline is still dumb and contrived. And I absolutely knew that her date would bail. But, as I said, her relationship with her assistant is weird.

I do like Maggie with Cam, and as I said, I'm still loving Eddie and Sophie together.

Right at this moment, I'm interested in Maggie's stalker and finding out more. But, since I got to throw out my logical, reasonable, rational brain out the window when this show comes on, that's where I got the idea of Maggie getting stalked from beyond the grave.

Yes, I would absolutely watch a show involving Colin. What Colin does all day. Him hogging the covers. How do we get him a spinoff show? Or at least a one day in the limelight show?

Edited by historylover820
"Write" and "Right" can't be used interchangeably
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, historylover820 said:

Right at this moment, I'm interested in Maggie's stalker and finding out more. But, since I got to throw out my logical, reasonable, rational brain out the window when this show comes on, that's where I got the idea of Maggie getting stalked from beyond the grave.

Do you think TPTB has the courage to make Cam the boyfriend to be the actual stalker?

17 hours ago, circumvent said:

I really dislike Katherine's plot line and I think - if they really wanted a LGBTQ story - they should have gone with Eddie and his wheelchair buddy (don't remember his name) developing a more intimate, loving relationship. They have good chemistry

If they really want to have LGBTQIA+ storylines, they can just develop and add layers to the existing LGBTQIA+ characters - Danny and Carter (Katherine’s assistant). 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

If they really want to have LGBTQIA+ storylines, they can just develop and add layers to the existing LGBTQIA+ characters - Danny and Carter (Katherine’s assistant). 🤷🏻‍♀️

That would be even better but with Delilah leaving, the writers could not find a reason to have Danny staying. But the main reason is that not even Danny is a major character, and TV shows don't develop characters that are mostly in the background. Thy are supposed to stay as two-dimensional as possible

16 hours ago, historylover820 said:

Yes, Rome will be seen as an almost civil rights activist who stuck it to evil big-time streaming and he'll become folk hero and people will write songs about him. And he'll win the Oscar for Best Documentary. Because he's just so good.

The writers also want us to conveniently forget that the company that bought and shelved Rome's documentary did so because they had already produced a bigger, more expensive documentary on the same topic and they didn't want Rome's project to detract from it.  So, it's not like the streamers bought the documentary because they were evil racists who didn't want anyone to see BLM protesters; it was because they already had a documentary on the very same topic.

• Love 6

Ref. Rome storyline.  So, do the writers actually believe the crap they wrote about him and the film or do they just want to portray him as an idiot?  

The same goes for Regina.  Do they really think that preparing and serving food in a hot trailer in Florida is a step up in her career or do they want us to believe that her character is that dense?  

Maggie’s comment to her boyfriend about don’t worry about her and Gary…..it’s not credible, imo.  

So, Katherine didn’t know how to respond to a girl at her school who announced she was gay.  Really?  She seems pretty open minded. She’s never shown any indication she has any issues…she grew up in a metropolitan area, presumably in the 2000s.  Ok….

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. Rome storyline.  So, do the writers actually believe the crap they wrote about him and the film or do they just want to portray him as an idiot?  

The same goes for Regina.  Do they really think that preparing and serving food in a hot trailer in Florida is a step up in her career or do they want us to believe that her character is that dense?  

Perfectly on target.  Suddenly these characters who seemed pretty smart are complete morons, or the writers are.  Rome and Regina act as if they are newly hatched.  I can't imagine why the writers would have Rome would be so oblivious to think he could do whatever with a film he sold the rights to and then when caught at it, think that his agent wouldn't side with the big money. So stupid.  

I have failed to understand why Regina would think that a catering job on movie locations was some kind of career opportunity.  Both Rome and Regina are not only stupid, but arrogant as well.

I really liked these characters before they took us on this flight of fancy.

• Love 5

I assumed the PR lady would have been able to get Paramount to let the film be shown in non-profit venues. 

It would have been spun as a goodwill gesture for the company and would have not impacted their bottom line.

Given that their original justification for keeping the film in the vault was to prevent competition with their film, it would have accomplished their goals. Since Roman has the film back he can theoretically now get a streaming deal versus just being able to have very limited showings in churches and schools.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Suzn said:

Perfectly on target.  Suddenly these characters who seemed pretty smart are complete morons, or the writers are.  Rome and Regina act as if they are newly hatched.  I can't imagine why the writers would have Rome would be so oblivious to think he could do whatever with a film he sold the rights to and then when caught at it, think that his agent wouldn't side with the big money. So stupid.  

It really isn't even that his agent sided with big money.  It's that his agent showed respect for a binding contract.  For the principles required to be successful in his chosen profession.  If the agent sided with Rome, what would be the message for the rest of his clients?  That this agency doesn't think contracts are enforceable?  That they're not worth the paper they're written on?  That it is ok for anyone to simply ignore the parts of a contract that they don't like?  That keeping the money while violating a contract is the right thing to do?  It didn't matter who was the big guy or the little guy here.  The agency probably also didn't appreciate the way Rome and his attorney pal essentially blackmailed the streaming service to tear up the deal.  There is nothing about what Rome did that is admirable or honorable or right.  It was really pretty unethical and underhanded.  Sort of like how the show wants us to think Gary is some sort of hero for participating in vigilante justice.

• Love 6

Maggie telling Cam he has nothing to worry about = Famous Last Words.

Katherine's first pancake gay date bombed.  Perhaps Katherine is really just late-in-life bi curious as some kind of trauma reaction to her split with Eddie.  How she treated her gay BF in school is weird.  Katherine is too worried about what the neighbors will say.  She didn't even want the waiter to see she and her date were holding hands.

Count me as another viewer who didn't realize Ms. Cute Meet was Anna!

I'm all in for Colin's full-feature episode.

• Love 4

The writers are still so resistant to these people getting legal advice.  Rome said he was going to get some after he realized he was in legal jeopardy, but instead he calls his agent, then he calls the PR person.  Once the lawsuit was filed, the matter would be with the Production company’s legal team… either in-house counsel or retained outside attorneys.  They can’t negotiate with a non-lawyer on behalf of another.  So, that’s just a bogus scenario that the PR person negotiated Rome a deal.  And, didn’t Gary say he was going to get a legal consult, but never went? Instead, he went to see Maggie and Sophie to confess his crimes.    

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3