Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Rescuers

• Start Topic

So why was CGIS introduced when all that was known was a Navy victim before his Coast Guard girlfriend was known about? You lose the interagency squabble over ownership of the crime scene but that was a very minor plot point and the rest of the show still plays out with CGIS joining in.

When SAC Tennent shot the suspect and the commercial break came up I was like wait a minute there are too many minutes left. They all look alike I guess.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

So why was CGIS introduced when all that was known was a Navy victim before his Coast Guard girlfriend was known about?

IIRC they claimed that the crime scene at the beach was under CGIS jurisdiction but the victim being Navy meant NCIS had to investigate too. To be honest I long ago gave up understanding jurisdiction and inter-agency relations when it comes to this franchise. Not a fan of Pike, he just made me realize how much I still miss agent Borin.

Damn, someone snatched Whistler's Louboutins away! They put her in flats, no more fun for the Foley guys 😕 I guess the camera team will be relieved, blocking scenes with her and Lucy are hard enough as it is. I'm still not interested in their relationship and I fully expect Whistler to not make it out alive of this season because NCIS loves dead lovers/family members. And since Kai's Dad seems to be okay the ace of spades wanders to Whistler.

Nice bonding between Kai and Jesse. The last scene was especially good when Jesse did not just brush over the sudden awkwardness.

• Love 1

Yes, the case was okay but between Ernie and Pike that's too much quirk for me, lol.

I could deal with Lucy and Whistler if they could decide what the relationship is going to be.  If Whistler is going to go run away every time Lucy wants to get together or do something or put the relationship out in the open then they need to drop the storyline.  I get Whistler may be uneasy because of her position and probably has higher career aspirations but TPTB need to put up or shut up.  I'm not keen on office relationship drama in the first place but this comes off like the writers/producers have no idea how to write this (which is probably the case).

I did like the bonding between Kai and Jesse.  I do hope Kai can also try and work things out with his father (not that I need to see it).

• Love 2

During the commercial break I theorised an ending that was, in my and my family's opinion, better than what they did. I thought the blonde baddie should have been pushed over the cliff into the ocean. Then the coast guard woman would save him therefore feeling she's both conquered him and shown, once again, that she is a hero.

How long until Lucy is forced into the water? They can't leave Chekov's, um I mean Lucy's, aquaphobia on the wall too long. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

During the commercial break I theorised an ending that was, in my and my family's opinion, better than what they did. I thought the blonde baddie should have been pushed over the cliff into the ocean. Then the coast guard woman would save him therefore feeling she's both conquered him and shown, once again, that she is a hero.

How long until Lucy is forced into the water? They can't leave Chekov's, um I mean Lucy's, aquaphobia on the wall too long. 

I remembered Burn Notice when Michael was saying never take on a SEAL in the water and was thinking the same applied here with Petty Officer Miller. 

As for Agent Tara she has already overcome the aquaphobia at FLETC. It seems like one of those character traits that disappear when shows last, perhaps it is dealt with for good in a future episode.  Where as the secret relationship with DIA Officer Whistler, well that's not really working either. Especially compared to the two family situations and the almost nothing besides being big and pretty that we know about Agent Boone.

I enjoyed this episode, particularly with respect to the way the layers of the onion were peeled away regarding Coast Guard woman.  At first she was a suspect and her behaviour was cagey and suspicious.  Then we learned that she had fled Cleveland ten years ago to get away from a controlling criminal boyfriend and her old life.

Then she was all over the news with her heroic rescue and interview two weeks earlier, and was concerned about the attention.  The old boyfriend coincidentally just got out of prison two weeks ago.  Did she know he got out?  And what about the other friend?  Did she know he was released?

Was it the old boyfriend who left her all the teddy bears?  Or the Navy boyfriend?  I thought it was the Navy boyfriend, he showed up to her house with all the teddy bears and put on some music and was going to surprise her.  Then the old boyfriend shows up and found him there and killed him.  But then Coast Guard woman said something about how old boyfriend tried winning her a stuffed animal at a carnival and failed and got mad and beat the worker.  So I thought the teddy bears might have been from him, saying he finally got them for her.

I didn't mind Whistler and Lucy.   Whistler showed some vulnerability.  It was also nice seeing more of Kai and Jesse's developing trust and friendship.

Didn't care for Pike.  I agree with the comment upthread that between Ernie's bulging intense eyes and Pike's neurotic mannerisms, it was just too much quirk.  I hope this character is not a recurring character.  I'd rather see Melius appear more often.

23 hours ago, Raja said:

When SAC Tennent shot the suspect and the commercial break came up I was like wait a minute there are too many minutes left. They all look alike I guess.

You're not the only one... both of them were greasy looking blonde guys in their 40s, I thought they looked identical.

15 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

33 minutes ago, Raja said:

As for Agent Tara she has already overcome the aquaphobia at FLETC. It seems like one of those character traits that disappear when shows last, perhaps it is dealt with for good in a future episode.  Where as the secret relationship with DIA Officer Whistler, well that's not really working either. Especially compared to the two family situations and the almost nothing besides being big and pretty that we know about Agent Boone.

I don't think she has overcome her aquaphobia at all.  Just an episode or so ago she was very hesitant when walking on the dock to get to the yacht where the social media lady's handler was found dead.  And she admitted that she wasn't comfortable around water.  She must have gone through the training to get her position, but she still has issues.

I was expecting both Lucy and the bad guy to go over the cliff as well, and Coast Guard woman would save both.  Then we see another scene of Coast Guard woman later working with Lucy in a pool, but I guess there wasn't time for that.

• Love 1