Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E09: Janet Jackson Night

• Start Topic

Kaitlyn Bristowe still doesn't pop as a dancer and it showed in that tour-preview performance. You would have had time at the end of the show if you hadn't wasted time talking to her, Tyra. 

I'm so happy to see Olivia Jade go and now it's clear why she's been getting the high scores and the bonus points this week and last. The Melora/Jimmie bottom two broke my heart. Carrie Ann was right; Jimmie's what this show is about. Or what it's supposed to be about. (The week Jimmie gets eliminated, Tyra finally [mostly] gets his name right. Sigh.)

The fact that Cody didn't even hit the bottom three in a double elimination worries me. 

Suni's "LOSER!" yell when Jimmie blinked first in their stare-off in the video package before the dance-off was probably my favorite moment of the night. But "All For You" for Suni's individual dance, really? All my girls at the party / Look at that body / Shakin' that thing / Like you never did see / Got a nice package alright / Guess I'm gonna have to ride it tonight. Is this show on a mission to give the introverted girl that never held a boy's hand before this show the most sexually explicit songs?

Also, I liked the Iman/Melora bow before their dance-off which is what I'm told is how they do it in actual ballroom competition. 

• Love 9

I am happy to see Olivia go but sad to see Val go wish he had been pair with Mel instead . I wish Cody had left and Jimmie stayed but he must be getting a ton of votes he might be the Bobby Bones of the season.

• Love 7

Well, I really, truly enjoyed Jimmie, so that makes me sad.  But hey, Olivia is out, so that tempers my sadness, at least.

I knew I wasn’t the only person out there who just couldn’t get behind her ear-to-ear, how could anyone dislike little sweet me redemption act.  Toodles, bee-yotch.  Back to playing influencer in Mommy and Daddy’s mansion.

• Love 6

Glad Olivia is gone, she never should have been on in the first place. She is a better dancer then others on the show but I just didn’t think that she should have been chosen. She is a social media influencer whose parents cheated for her to attend a college that she could not get into on her own. 

Then again, I never understood Paris Hilton or any of the Kardashians. Excuse me while I go yell at some kids to get off my lawn. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17

How has Cody continuously avoided the bottom? He has no chemistry with Cheryl, makes weird faces when he dances, moves awkwardly for someone who has professional dance experience, I don't care how good he is at riding a bike, that doesn't mean he's a good dancer. I don't get it.

• Love 23

That is so so tough on Jimmie. He got absolutely snowed under, with the bad score right at the top of the night combined with all the perfect scores. It was the right decision in the dance-off, but it's so sad that he goes whilst Cody for example stays.

I knew Jojo would get a vote bounce, but it was very interesting that Melora got the least number of votes between her, Amanda and Suni tonight after that finished even on scores. That shows how the voting ranks have changed every week because Suni has already been in the bottom two. Will that change next week? If not, she's toast because she finished third bottom in votes even with a perfect score.

Could Amanda win this thing? She hasn't been massively memorable to me but still hasn't landed in the bottom two whilst all the other women have. Feels like a journey very similar to Kaitlyn Bristowe last season.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, vibeology said:

How has Cody continuously avoided the bottom? He has no chemistry with Cheryl, makes weird faces when he dances, moves awkwardly for someone who has professional dance experience, I don't care how good he is at riding a bike, that doesn't mean he's a good dancer. I don't get it.

The Pelaton groups are apparently hard core. At this point he is the worst performer left he should have been gone weeks ago. His and Cheryls partnership does nothing for me.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, vibeology said:

It is a popularity contest not a dance contest. There used to be websites organizing votes for the worst contestant on American Idol. The shows are titularly about singing/dancing/talent but the reality is that it is a popularity contest. And Cody has a lot of fans.

I thought tonight was his best night of the season. He looked a lot better in the dances and he looked like he was having a good time. Should he have stayed over others? Olivia is a better dancer then he is but Cody is more popular. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, vibeology said:

He’s got hunched over posture probably from riding the bike. The show fought hard to keep him on, he should’ve been eliminated when he contracted Covid or even the next week when they danced in separate rooms. He’s not at the level of everyone else.

• Love 4

I still think Melora had done the math and was trying to take herself out tonight by giving the annoying goodbye speech. It got her in the bottom 3 because her dancing didn’t. Maybe she’s just tired of putting up with Artem?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Kaitlyn Bristowe still doesn't pop as a dancer and it showed in that tour-preview performance. You would have had time at the end of the show if you hadn't wasted time talking to her, Tyra. 

I honestly couldn’t pick her out of a line-up, she’s so unmemorable to me. Granted I’m not a Bachelor/ette watcher but I did watch last season, and…nothing, you could pluck anyone off the streets of LA and tell me they were Kaitlyn. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Tyra literally walked IN FRONT of Olivia/Val when they were hugging after being first eliminated to get herself on camera and get them out of the shot. WOW.

Probably the best thing she's done since joining the show to be honest!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Reactions to tonight- my man IMAN The guy gets 7 points lower than Melora and doesn’t hit bottom 3.  In fact he hasn’t been in the bottom yet this season.  I agree the Cha Cha was thin but the rest of the dance was fun.I hope Daniman get a Jazz  or Salsa next week side by side Iman kills the choreo. And we know how great his Contemporary is. Sure he’s limited by his size to do a pretty ballroom dance but he really did well on that Foxtrot dance off. His improvement is amazing.

I thought Cody’s Paso was an improvement but the choreo was really simple and pedantic. 
I’m totally over Amanda. I thought that Jazz was disappointing. The dance didn’t hit hard enough and the lift was ugly. Either she’s playing possum or she’s stuck being a Rockette. 
I’m also over JoJo and her Cirque du Rumba and Cirque du Salsa. The Rumba especially bugged me because there was just all intensity no tenderness. 

I HATED THAT Melora and Jimmie were bottom. Jimmie did a good ChaCha but he got the curse of going first.As for Melora,Like JoJo she needs a lot of judges help to keep her in this but I’m glad she’s in for next week. She did a good Paso. It was a bit frenetic and a bit wobbly at times but it was the right attack

Suni danced a good Samba but for me that wasn’t a 40. The technique was lacking a bit in the footwork but the fun and the Samba bounce were there.

I know Olivia danced well but she doesn’t have a fan base, nor should she given the reason she’s even on the show.  This week was a certain sabotage. Olivia didn’t do sexy and she was marked down for that. The AT was definitely too safe. But for me I’d much rather watch her and Val’s rumba not that demented dance macabre from JoJo.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Emily-D said:

That is so so tough on Jimmie. He got absolutely snowed under, with the bad score right at the top of the night combined with all the perfect scores. It was the right decision in the dance-off, but it's so sad that he goes whilst Cody for example stays.

I knew Jojo would get a vote bounce, but it was very interesting that Melora got the least number of votes between her, Amanda and Suni tonight after that finished even on scores. That shows how the voting ranks have changed every week because Suni has already been in the bottom two. Will that change next week? If not, she's toast because she finished third bottom in votes even with a perfect score.

Could Amanda win this thing? She hasn't been massively memorable to me but still hasn't landed in the bottom two whilst all the other women have. Feels like a journey very similar to Kaitlyn Bristowe last season.

Id much rather Have Amanda or Iman win than Cody. 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, kitcloudkicker said:

I honestly couldn’t pick her out of a line-up

I wouldn't know her or the one who won with Alan if if I saw them on the street.

I think Melora is like a lot of actors and actresses. They feel things deeply.

I agree with the shut up, Tyra. If I had a dollar for every time I thought that. 

Are people voting for Iman because they want to see the freestyle? I know he can't help it, but I get distracted by his height in regular dances. 

I'm rooting for Suni and Sasha. I know they have tough competition. At least, let them have a contemporary or jazz next week so they can have a dance that can show off her gymnastics tricks. They'll be lucky to be in the finals to do a freestyle. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Apropos of nothing much, but I'm pretty sure only one person should be the reference for those infamous initials. 

The actual felon vs the unindicted co-conspirator of 2different felons.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, White Dog said:

I’m rooting for Iman for the following reasons

1. He was completely robbed week 1 - they did a really fun Jive and he gets a 4 from Len. That’s ridiculous CA gave him 7.  You only give out a 4 if you want to get rid of a contestant early. He’s still here.

2. Iman is totally committed to the process and has shown improvement throughout the show whilst having a very entertaining personality.  I know next to nothing about basketball players but Iman has me curious

3. There have been other athletes who only half ass this show. That’s not Iman. He’s been free of any misconceptions about a basketball player being vulnerable to scrutiny .

4. He partners exceedingly well. There’s no way other contestants could partner on that Contemporary the way Iman did.  The timing, movement and characterization was excellent.

5.. Daniella is the most exciting pro dancer on the show. Her choreography is next level. 

6. Hell Yeah we deserve a great Freestyle not a lunch bag letdown. I hope the voters give him the chance

Also I have noticed they have really been swaying the scores each week based on viewer votes way more than usual.  It is obvious because they love someone one week, and then the next week they do just as well and they all score the person low.  I know they have always done a bit of this, but this year it seems really obvious and annoying.  It was clear they were trying to get Jimmie and Iman low this week and rising some of the others up whether they deserved it or not.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, White Dog said:

I’m rooting for Iman for the following reasons

1. He was completely robbed week 1 - they did a really fun Jive and he gets a 4 from Len. That’s ridiculous CA gave him 7.  You only give out a 4 if you want to get rid of a contestant early. He’s still here.

2. Iman is totally committed to the process and has shown improvement throughout the show whilst having a very entertaining personality.  I know next to nothing about basketball players but Iman has me curious

3. There have been other athletes who only half ass this show. That’s not Iman. He’s been free of any misconceptions about a basketball player being vulnerable to scrutiny .

4. He partners exceedingly well. There’s no way other contestants could partner on that Contemporary the way Iman did.  The timing, movement and characterization was excellent.

5.. Daniella is the most exciting pro dancer on the show. Her choreography is next level. 

6. Hell Yeah we deserve a great Freestyle not a lunch bag letdown. I hope the voters give him the chance

ITA -- Iman has been terrific. Didn't know a thing about him pre-show and I really like him now. Hard worker, great personality, always upbeat (that we see) and he's grown leaps and bounds as a dancer. 

Daniella is a fantastic dancer and coach. She is really playing to his strengths. She's on my radar now too.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Gotta show Amanda and Melora and their partners bitching at each other SMH

They can dance, but they are annoying. I loved Jimmie’s attitude, but they pushed him out to keep the beeyotches.

Here’s hoping for a Jojo, Iman, Suni and Cody final.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

They can dance, but they are annoying. I loved Jimmie’s attitude, but they pushed him out to keep the beeyotches.

Here’s hoping for a Jojo, Iman, Suni and Cody final.

They aren't bitches. Hoping for a F4 without a Production Fav or Cody. Iman, Amanda, Suni and Melora 

Edited by Josh371982
  • Love 5

I would have loved a final with Mike, Iman, and Jimmie because they feel really genuine and like they are learning to love the dance process. Melora is really improving but doesn't seem to be having as much fun with it. Amanda feels like a robot. I can't get a feel for Suni, if she really is enjoying this or it is something she is enduring. Cody does not seem to gel with Cheryl but loves dance, still something is off there.

I can live without Amanda and/or JoJo. I would prefer to lose Amanda, she just doesn't seem to be enjoying herself.

JoJo is fine but not my cup of tea. She is overly excitable, probably because of a combination of her age and her projected personality for her fans. Honestly, I cringed at the shots of her in rainbow costumes performing. She screamed Rainbow Brite for me and it is just too much. I had a similar reaction to her house. It feels like she is manufactured and projecting this image that her Mom forced on her when she was a kid. I never followed the reality show she was on but it just screams like that abusive kid reality star grows up to be teen sensation that is going to lead to Britney type unhappiness. I think it is more a reaction to how she got were she is as opposed to her as a person. Or, I am not sure that she is the person that she projects or if she even knows what she wants on her own.

A non performer reference, she could be Andre Agassi. His Dad so wanted him to be an Olympian or professional athlete and latched onto Andres tennis ability. Andre never really loved tennis as a kid but was oh so talented. He half assed his early career but was brilliant. When he actually decided to play because he wanted to play he was freaking brilliant. But I am not certain that he would have chosen to play tennis if left to his own devices.

I guess it is less JoJo and how she feels like a byproduct of a specfic programming that makes me uncomfortable. Her performances feel less like something that she really enjoys but something that is high energy and really good but forced.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I would have liked Jimmie to stay, I thought his ChaCha was better than the judges acted. But a chacha is considered the easiest dance. 

Everyone can stop saying now that Olivia is a production fave, she got the boot. I feel for her. My own parents did some nutty things and I couldn't have done a thing to stop them. I don't want anyone to think I was cheering for it. 

I love Iman, and Daniella is the best thing to happen to this show in years. I have never been more than lukewarm about Melora and Amanda. They are good dancers but the I'm not feeling the charisma. 

If Cody wins, I will feel like the whole season was for nothing. Like with Bones, but I liked him. 

So that means the final 3 for me would be Iman, Jojo and Suni. I found out I like Jojo as a person more than I thought I would when she was first announced. 

I guess I am supposed to say something nasty about Tyra, so here goes. Hey Tyra, I hope the elastic in your underwear gets all stretched out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I guess I'm in the minority because I thought Cody was pretty good last night, and Cheryl showed up for a change. Cody and Iman aren't anywhere near as bad as Bobby Bones, and they have better attitudes. TPTB won't let them win, but I don't think people would be that mad if they did win.

• Love 1

This is really where it starts to feel like the judges are trying to compensate for or countermand the votes. Some of the scores are head-scratchers, otherwise.

Also, I feel like Suni has always out-danced the pre-arranged narrative this show had for her. She's always looked great to me. And Derek is right, someone needs to snap her up for a hair care commercial, stat.

I really dislike these single-artist theme nights because half the time the music doesn't fit the dance style, and half the time the choreography tries to match the song rather than the assigned dance. Jimmy's shoulders were shrugged during that Cha Cha, but I get why: he's trying to bust a move to a Janet Jackson song. Appropriate for the song, not for the Cha Cha.

At least Disney night and Movie night have different artists.

There have been several "stars" I'd never heard of before that I eventually warmed up to, but Amanda is not one of them. She's had no arc, she's always been perfect, and she's just sort of there. On the other hand, I've really warmed up to Iman, who I hated at first because it felt like the judges were giving him the usual special treatment for a pro athlete. He has really improved by leaps and bounds.

I don't like these side-by-side dance-offs either. You can never focus on any one couple, and there's always one couple closer to the judges. I did like the idea of one judge being assigned each dance-off though. 

Melora seems like she's really high maintenance. Poor Artem, he always gets stuck with these. Remember Maureen McCormick? 

Dance-wise I would have eliminated Cody and/or Iman and/or Jimmy, but I'm fine with Olivia going. Wish Amanda had been the other one.

• Love 4

I felt sorry for Amanda at first and liked her, but her cussing at Alan was off-putting. The pros are just doing their jobs (which is basically to make these nobodies succeed on this show). They look like they can't stand each other, and it's gotten uncomfortable to watch. It's fine if she makes the finals, but I would much rather have watched Jimmie, who seemed like he wanted to be there.

Melora is just insufferable. She can go anytime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Dear Peleton Owners:

STOP IT. Cody does not belong anywhere within sniffing distance of the Finals. Good god.

I'm sad that Jimmie is gone, but they certainly telegraphed his removal.

I'd be fine with Jojo, Suni, and Iman in Finals with either Amanda or Melora. Amanda deserves it more, performance wise, but she seriously bores the shit out of me. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

Cody does not seem to gel with Cheryl but loves dance, still something is off there.

We got a lot of Britt featured in the pro dances this week and it made me think we may have really missed out on a Cody/Britt pairing that could have been great. I think she would have matched his energy a lot better and may have given him more interesting choreography. Worked on his weird faces, maybe? He was definitely better last night than he has been but still not great. I’m resigned to him ending up in the finals at this point. He frustrates me because I think there’s a world in which he could have earned his spot in there but that’s not the world of the dances we’ve actually gotten from him.

If I had to bet I’d guess we lose Amanda and Melora next week. I don’t think I’d miss either of them. Suni feels to me like she’s there because someone told her she had to be, which makes her dances less enjoyable to watch. I think a final without JoJo would be a less interesting final, she deserves to be in it. But I think I’m also on team Iman for the win. 

• Love 6

I really do not understand why the judges were unanimous in saving Melora. Her dancing is weak, her legs are bowed. Jimmie was much more fun to watch.

I'm really starting to worry about Cody winning this thing. He is horrible, surely doesnt deserve to be here over Jimmie or Mel C. Cheryl has been phoning it in all season and im pissed.

• Love 8