Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Blood and Lies

• Start Topic

As the group searches for answers, some struggle to find common ground while others question who can be trusted. A shocking message sets a new mission into motion.

AMC+ airdate: 2021.11.07 AMC airdate: 2021.11.14

Be mindful if you participate in the Live Posting Topic - that topic will follow the show as it airs on AMC, so AMC+ viewers will be one episode ahead.  DO NOT SPOIL those who are watching on AMC.

On 11/9/2021 at 8:15 AM, Superclam said:

One of the better episodes of this otherwise boring series. With only 3 episodes left, are we going to get any real resolve? 

This episode is worth all the binging I made from the last days to be up-to-date. 

I am critical of TWD because they have gone medieval and the billions of computers, phones and all technical stuff dissapeard from the surface of the earth by magic.  When FTWD came on I told myself "Finally a more coherent story"...  But the moronic family took the show down the drain until they mostly vanished and Morgan took over. 

Just seeing scientists and politics in this episode moving the plot forward was cheerful,  but like you say this is late because there are 3 left.

Seeing Jadis like one of the most interesting character-actress when she was the worst in TWD is...  Not a compliment for the others?🤔

• Love 2
1 hour ago, heisenberg said:

Seeing Jadis like one of the most interesting character-actress when she was the worst in TWD is...  Not a compliment for the others?🤔

I think it's more to do with the fact that on TWD main show she was surrounded by many competent adult actors but she also spend most of the time as trash lady. The latter was never going to win anyone over. In this show she is normal and surrounded by less characters which allows the actress to shine through more. She commands the screen here IMO and her+Huck are the best part of the last episodes so far.

Iris continues to bug with her dumb ass idea to burn it all down. We get it, you think you are right about everything and the only authority to make any decisions and screw those who don't do your bidding. Does she even care about her friends and family at all? Sure doesn't seem like it.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Smad said:

I think it's more to do with the fact that on TWD main show she was surrounded by many competent adult actors but she also spend most of the time as trash lady. The latter was never going to win anyone over. In this show she is normal and surrounded by less characters which allows the actress to shine through more. She commands the screen here IMO and her+Huck are the best part of the last episodes so far.

In TWD they went too far with her.   Same with Negan.  If you want to bring back and redeem or elevate a character, there is a limit to how bad you should present them in the first place.

3 hours ago, Smad said:

Does she even care about her friends and family at all? Sure doesn't seem like it.

She cares about her "feelings".   Me, me, me.

But the others were also bad.  What is it with making faces all the time?  The director tells them to do that?  Even at the end the doctor was making that awful half smile.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I'm liking Huck more but she is still plagued with the Vinnie Barbarino mannerisms. Twitchy, twitchy, twitchy.

One of the reasons why I was not a fan of her character in S1, despite her being one of the best written ones towards the end. This Season I've decided to block out all the terrible acting ticks because her character is THE best written one on the show.

On 11/10/2021 at 2:25 PM, heisenberg said:

This is the problem with this show.  It's starting to get interesting as things come to a climax.  Or maybe it's just the excitement of knowing it will be over soon.  The story is somewhat interesting, but I really don't like or care about any of the characters.  Maybe Silas, he seems to deserve some sympathy.  And really, aside from a few characters on the flagship show, that's the problem with the entire franchise.  They seem to have forgotten how to make engaging characters.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

A note to Production: purely a personal observation here, but y’all can lose Iris any fucking day now.

Many, many people would be majorly happy with this. It seems like the only people in the Iris corner are those who need to be contrarian. The 'I hate Iris' threads over on the World Beyond subreddit appear at least once (sometimes more) every week when the show is on air. And that's been a thing since S1 lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Smad said:

Many, many people would be majorly happy with this. It seems like the only people in the Iris corner are those who need to be contrarian. The 'I hate Iris' threads over on the World Beyond subreddit appear at least once (sometimes more) every week when the show is on air. And that's been a thing since S1 lol.

Poor Iris.  She started out as the stable one, then they flipped her to the rebellious one, and people dislike her either way.

• LOL 1