Type keyword(s) to search

Jeremiah & Hannah: Done Counting and Done Caring

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

I follow a few RV families on Instagram who live full time in an RV similar in size to Jer’s. People make it work even with many kids. The main difference I see is that people travel in their RV so they can experience a new place or explore the outdoors or just meet new people. I don’t see any Duggars or Bateses doing that.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2022 at 5:48 PM, Ljohnson1987 said:

Usually, once a Fundie, always a Fundie. 

Ugh….for those who remain, it’s indescribable, imo.  Back when I was a teen, all the Fundie teens I knew, including myself, were only there under protest and we bolted at age 18 and couldn’t be legally compelled to stay.  Even now, I find it difficult to imagine young people remaining Fundie, unless there’s some financial reason for it.  

I like the looks of their 5th wheel.  That renovation is amazing. My nephew recently stayed in an RV with his family until his house was ready and it got old fast. When is Hannah due?  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought this was a wee bit interesting. Hannah's post about the gender reveal - all Bates comments and no Duggars.

image.png.b284d506692472e315b16c5dafb64eae.png

I think she, or they, have a private account. This one is for those not worthy. 🤣😂

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ugh….for those who remain, it’s indescribable, imo.  Back when I was a teen, all the Fundie teens I knew, including myself, were only there under protest and we bolted at age 18 and couldn’t be legally compelled to stay.  Even now, I find it difficult to imagine young people remaining Fundie, unless there’s some financial reason for it.  

I like the looks of their 5th wheel.  That renovation is amazing. My nephew recently stayed in an RV with his family until his house was ready and it got old fast. When is Hannah due?  

Thanks for sharing your experience @SunnyBeBe- my friend that grew up fundy understands why people stay, she says she fears if she hadn't been a lesbian and an only child, she would've been married off at 19 and roped in for the rest of her life due to emotional commitments to her siblings and the kids she would've been forced to have. 

Unlike a lot of fundy parents JB does have resources to keep the kid adult kids "in line" but at this point, I think JB doesnt care much what the adult kids do, so long as they dont publicly denounce the lifestyle or end up scumbags like Josh. Jeremiah and Hannah look happy together at least, and expecting your first child is an exciting time.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

Looks like their baby was born Christmas Day. That may have been why the festivities at TTH seemed quieter than usual. But a baby isn’t really so unusual for the Duggars so who knows. Baby girl is cute, that’s all I got.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

They named her Brynley Noelle. There is a pic of the three of them on his instagram,  but I don't know how to bring over and post here.

These people have nothing  better to do then have weird spellings of names. And weird names! I do like Noelle. 

• Like 11

What's with the statement about the baby being early? Most babies aren't born on their due date. A Duggar born on Christmas. I wonder if they would've stuck with Noel had she not been born that day.  Brynley isn't an awful name. You can call her Bryn. 

• Like 7
19 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think they had to say she was early because she was a honeymoon baby. People could start counting backwards and wondering if there was some pre-marital hanky panky. 😀

Considering what Smugs is in prison for, premarital sex should be the last thing on these people's minds. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 1/1/2023 at 2:29 PM, Spazamanaz said:

They named her Brynley Noelle. There is a pic of the three of them on his instagram,  but I don't know how to bring over and post here.

How does one pronounce that first name that she will have to spell for her entire life?

4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Baby is cute and I hope she goes by Noelle, because that's actually a pretty dope name.

Agreed, though it's too bad they could not just spell that the ways it is, you know, spelled, rather than feeling like they had to feminize it.

• Like 2
On 1/1/2023 at 8:08 PM, Ljohnson1987 said:

What's with the statement about the baby being early? Most babies aren't born on their due date. A Duggar born on Christmas. I wonder if they would've stuck with Noel had she not been born that day.  Brynley isn't an awful name. You can call her Bryn. 

They want to make sure people know they didn't Do It before they were married. That's all. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, jcbrown said:

How does one pronounce that first name that she will have to spell for her entire life?

Brin-lee. It derives from the Welsh word 'bryn', meaning 'hill', although the 'ley' part is Old English, so it is a real mishmash of a name, and one that is not common at all over here, at least not as a forename. I've heard of people called Brynley, mind, but to me it conjurs up images of an old man rather than a baby girl. In Welsh, the letter y is a vowel - and it is often used that way in English, too, although it isn't acknowledged as such.

Edited by Llywela
  • Like 5
  • Useful 7

One of my favorite novels featured a main character named Bronwen.  She was Welsh, and I like the name.  Brynley Noelle sounds good to me, as well.

Cute baby.  Is it too much to hope she'll be an only child longer than a year?  Yeah, probably.  

• Like 8

Noelle is a very pretty name for a baby girl born on Christmas Day. I have not met anyone named Brynley, but it has a very whimsical sound to it. I like it. She is a cute baby. Being born on Christmas is hard. Whenever I get any invitation to a December babies bday party I always go and get them an extravagant gift. A good friend of mine is born December 14th, and to get people hyped for her bday events she often did a Toy Drive the weekend before, come and donate a toy and buy her a cocktail. 😉 "first its MY birthday, and then its Jesus' birthday!"

• Like 14
On 1/3/2023 at 3:39 AM, Llywela said:

Brin-lee. It derives from the Welsh word 'bryn', meaning 'hill', although the 'ley' part is Old English, so it is a real mishmash of a name, and one that is not common at all over here, at least not as a forename. I've heard of people called Brynley, mind, but to me it conjurs up images of an old man rather than a baby girl. In Welsh, the letter y is a vowel - and it is often used that way in English, too, although it isn't acknowledged as such.

Not common, but it's was used in the early 1900 as a given name for boys so it's the same type of mishmash as Ashley or Ainsley.

"Brinley is a given name and a surname meaning 'burned clearing'. Notable people with the name include: Given name. Brinley Rees (1919–2004), Welsh academic. Brinley Richards (1904–1981), Welsh language poet, author, Archdruid of the National Eisteddfod of Wales 1972–1975." https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Brinley (Not that Wikipedia is the fount of all knowledge, but the people are real.)

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Not common, but it's was used in the early 1900 as a given name for boys so it's the same type of mishmash as Ashley or Ainsley.

"Brinley is a given name and a surname meaning 'burned clearing'. Notable people with the name include: Given name. Brinley Rees (1919–2004), Welsh academic. Brinley Richards (1904–1981), Welsh language poet, author, Archdruid of the National Eisteddfod of Wales 1972–1975." https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Brinley (Not that Wikipedia is the fount of all knowledge, but the people are real.)

Like I said, the name to me, as a Welsh person, speaks of an old man rather than a baby girl - as your research bears out. But it isn't the first time a masculine name has been repurposed as a girl's name.

• Like 8

I guess names are personal.  If we ran a poll some of us would find out our names or the names of our children are frowned upon by a lot of folks here, there and everywhere.  The name of our first son was for my grandpa.  A regular name.  No unusual spelling or pronunciation.  People tried to make me feel bad saying "what kind of name is that for a baby?"  I said, well, I hope he spends most of his time as a man.  He loves his name.  Never wanted a nickname.  His name is two syllables and people have tried to shorten it.  Sweet son had a more common name and never wanted a nickname.  Also two syllables.   I don't mind her name.  Some of her cousins have even more unusual names.

• Like 19
Just now, lookeyloo said:

I guess names are personal.  If we ran a poll some of us would find out our names or the names of our children are frowned upon by a lot of folks here, there and everywhere.  The name of our first son was for my grandpa.  A regular name.  No unusual spelling or pronunciation.  People tried to make me feel bad saying "what kind of name is that for a baby?"  I said, well, I hope he spends most of his time as a man.  He loves his name.  Never wanted a nickname.  His name is two syllables and people have tried to shorten it.  Sweet son had a more common name and never wanted a nickname.  Also two syllables.   I don't mind her name.  Some of her cousins have even more unusual names.

I LOVE that your kids never wanted nicknames. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There are so many names that used to be men's names that we now think of as female names.  I had a great uncle Shirley, I have known a couple of men my dad's age named Marion. I knew a man named Vivian and one named Gail. Ashley was more of a man's name years ago.  Those are better than the (men's) names given to my dad and uncle.  I won't go into some of the names and creative spellings I have had in my classrooms over the years.  Your hair would stand straight up.  Brynley is trendy and no stranger than a lot of current names.  I do think it sort of odd that the Duggars use trendy names when they claim to be so apart from the "secular world" and so much better than the rest of us.

• Like 12

My brain is still old school in the ways I interpret names, meaning names ending in a or ly, etc. seem like female names to me. With that said one of my kids has a name typically used for the opposite sex. It was very much not a trend when I named my child. It did pick up a little in popularity about a decade later, but still not a trend.

I think the married Duggars lean toward trendy and/or different names because its one of the few ways that is permissible to be different from other Fundies.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Adding to the list, I had an uncle Robin. But that one is more common in Great Britain, I believe. 

I think that's also likely a generational difference for that one. Robin was originally a male diminutive for Robert. (Robin Williams/Robin Hood/Batman's Robin.) But by the time I was a kid in the 90s, all the Robins who were my age whom I knew were girls. 

Brynley said aloud sounds more like a boy's name to me, but the spelling seems more like a trendy girl's name. It's not one I'd have picked, but as far as Duggar names, it could be a lot worse. (Spurgeon.)

Edited by Zella
  • Like 12
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I think that's also likely a generational difference for that one. Robin was originally a male diminutive for Robert. (Robin Williams/Robin Hood/Batman's Robin.) But by the time I was a kid in the 90s, all the Robins who were my age whom I knew were girls. 

Brynley said aloud sounds more like a boy's name to me, but the spelling seems more like a trendy girl's name. It's not one I'd have picked, but as far as Duggar names, it could be a lot worse. (Spurgeon.)

You sure about that? Bob is the diminutive of Robert.

Edited by Iguessnot
28 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Bob being a diminutive of Robert doesn't preclude Robin from being one either. I said a diminutive, not the diminutive. There can be more than one for a name. You can look up the history. It's not obscure. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 21
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Names can have multiple diminutives. Just look at all the possibilities in Elizabeth...Liza, Lisa, Eliza, Beth, Betsy, etc...William can spawn Will, Bill, and Liam. Many other examples.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I always wondered how Peggy became a nickname for Margaret. This article explains it -- Meg transformed into Peg(gy.)

https://www.straightdope.com/21341931/why-is-peggy-the-nickname-for-margaret

Margaret has spawned an amazing variety of names, some of which you wouldn’t connect with the original in a million years. For example: Margot, Marguerita, Rita (!), Greta, Gretel, Gretchen, Marjorie (originally Margery), Margie, Maggie, Madge, May, Maisie, Daisy (!!), Maidie, Meg, and Mog. As for Peg, one historian writes, “the nicknames Mog and Meg later gave rise to the rhymed forms Pog(gy) and Peg(gy).” 

Daisy is also a nickname for Margaret:

"La marguerite is French for daisy. Daisy historically (until this century) has been a common diminutive of Margaret,"

Never heard that one.

• Like 1
  • Useful 9

Ah yes, Margaret Mitchell was known as Peggy.  Names are something no one is ever going to agree upon.  You can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Zella said:

Bob being a diminutive of Robert doesn't preclude Robin from being one either. I said a diminutive, not the diminutive. There can be more than one for a name. You can look up the history. It's not obscure. 

But Robin doesn't seem to be a diminutive of Robert. Seems to stand alone.