Type keyword(s) to search

"If I Hear That Song One More Time..."

GaT
  • Start Topic

There always seems to be a "song for message" theme isn't there?

More recently I can think of:

"Black Horse & The Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall  - used for people (usually women) who realize they're with the wrong lover.

"500 Miles" by The Proclaimers  - used by someone who has a long trip to make to prove something.

"Bad To The Bone" by George Thorogood  - used to indicate a badass or ultimate jerk in a film. 

"O Fortuna" by Carl Orff - used in previews mostly - to indicate the film is EPIC! 

If I sign a sworn affidavit stating that I have no interest in being Meghan Traynor's future husband and will never attempt to apply for the position, may I be excused from enduring her list of demands?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I hated her other songs because I got sick of hearing them, but this one I hated from the first time I heard it. "Give me, do for me, buy me" just obnoxious.

• Love 2

I hate Selena Gomez's "Good for you".  I do not think she can sing well and I hate all of her previous singles.

The song starts out "I'm 14 carat", & people think she's singing "I'm farting carrots"

• Love 4

If I have to hear Taylor Swift one more time(pick a song any fucking song) I am going to fucking lose it. Same goes for that stupid "7 Years Old" by Lucas Graham. That song is terrible and his voice is annoying. Also the very stupid and annoying "Cake by the Ocean Floor" by DNCE. Go away Jonas Brothers!!!!

• Love 3
On 7/14/2016 at 8:55 PM, Dancingjaneway said:

If I have to hear Taylor Swift one more time(pick a song any fucking song) I am going to fucking lose it. Same goes for that stupid "7 Years Old" by Lucas Graham. That song is terrible and his voice is annoying. Also the very stupid and annoying "Cake by the Ocean Floor" by DNCE. Go away Jonas Brothers!!!!

Well, luckily DNCE only includes Joe. ;)

I actually like Cake by the Ocean, weirdly enough. 

• Love 2
On 7/16/2016 at 0:56 AM, UYI said:

Well, luckily DNCE only includes Joe. ;)

I actually like Cake by the Ocean, weirdly enough. 

I keep singing that song as "Sex by the Ocean." Don't know why--the lyrics aren't overtly sexual, are they? Probably not. The group sang it on the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards. 

I listen to some of the "Old School" stations on XM radio, and I swear they play some of the same songs over and over. E.g., I like '80s and '90s hip hop, but the station plays "O.P.P." and Kurtis Blow's "The Breaks" almost every friggin' day, as if the songs came out last week. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, topanga said:

I keep singing that song as "Sex by the Ocean." Don't know why--the lyrics aren't overtly sexual, are they? Probably not. The group sang it on the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards. 

I listen to some of the "Old School" stations on XM radio, and I swear they play some of the same songs over and over. E.g., I like '80s and '90s hip hop, but the station plays "O.P.P." and Kurtis Blow's "The Breaks" almost every friggin' day, as if the songs came out last week. 

You've never seen the video.  It's full of the F word.  I was shocked a former Jonas Brother would talk like that.  :D  The video is also overtly sexual.

Right now I am sick to death of "Beautiful" by Bazzi. I never much liked the song to begin with, but after it had been out for a while & the video had been played ad nauseum, instead of letting it die a natural death like songs do, he came out with another version with Camila Cabello & a different video. Every time I turn on the TV, the video is playing. It makes me want to scream.

On 1/9/2019 at 3:20 AM, Sandman87 said:

Pick a "classic rock" radio station, then listen to it for an hour or two. I guarantee that they'll play Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" during that time. There's no escaping it!

No, that would be Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven". And I like the song, but come on!

• Love 2

Please, I'm begging you, somebody make Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer disappear from the universe, & take the damn video with it. I am so sick of this song I can't change the station/channel fast enough when it comes on.

• Love 2
On 1/12/2019 at 11:41 PM, WendyCR72 said:

No, that would be Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven". And I like the song, but come on!

It's funny because Stairway came on Classic Vinyl the other day and it had been AGES since I heard it. AND I had caught it at the beginning so I let the whole thing play. It had been so long since I had heard it in its entirety it was actually a nice change. Weirdly on Classic Rock channels I hear "Black Dog" or "Rock and Roll."

As for me, I'd be find if I never had to hear 'Imagine' or 'In My Life' ever again. Ever.

• Love 1

I don't know what happened, but somehow on my local classic stations, it's been months since they played "Hotel California" which not only has far too pretentious lyrics re for its actual worth but also has far too many false endings for my liking. I used to have to hear it EVERY SINGLE DAY! ARGH!  Perhaps the stations FINALLY got sick of it,too! 

• Love 1
On 2/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Juvenile- "Slow Motion" (Of course)

Thanks for the response but that's not the song. Slow motion might not be the title but it's repeated ad nauseum.

Happy by phrell williams. I hated the song from the first time I heard it. It honestly instantly makes me upset even if I'm otherwise in a good mood. I turn the channel if it comes on the radio within the first second. But if it's on a public place, I have to make a run for it.  Anyhow, else hate this song?

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, blueray said:

Happy by phrell williams. I hated the song from the first time I heard it. It honestly instantly makes me upset even if I'm otherwise in a good mood. I turn the channel if it comes on the radio within the first second. But if it's on a public place, I have to make a run for it.  Anyhow, else hate this song?

YES.  I went looking, because I knew I must have complained about that song here, I hate it so much.  And, sure enough:

On 6/18/2015 at 12:49 PM, Bastet said:

I see I'm not the only one to mention this, but Happy.  I hate that damn song, and it won't go away.  I was recently in Jo-Ann, getting really frustrated because they’d changed their inventory, dramatically reducing their apparel fabric section, and I couldn’t find anything I liked, when that song came on -- I was afraid for a moment that I was going to go postal in the store.

At least I don't hear it nearly as often any more!

• Love 2
On 2/28/2019 at 3:02 PM, blueray said:

The lyrics are so dumb.  Why is feeling "like a room without a roof" happy?  Maybe it's because I live in a rainy climate, but I don't think being roofless is a good thing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:50 PM, janie jones said:

The lyrics are so dumb.  Why is feeling "like a room without a roof" happy?  Maybe it's because I live in a rainy climate, but I don't think being roofless is a good thing.

I have always said the exact same thing. A simile only works if people understand it. Just because words sound good together doesn't mean they actually should go together.

I dislike the lyrics to Ed Sheeran's Shape of You for similar reasons. What does "Your love was handmade for somebody like me" mean? Handmade, like from an Etsy store? Is it artisanally crafted love? Is it like a popsicle stick heart? Or does he mean custom made? Tailor-made? Three people wrote the song (leaving out the people who wrote No Scrubs and get credit now because Shape of You clearly ripped that song off) and no one pinged that the lyric was wrong?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

"Shape of You" is also dumb.  "We push and pull like a magnet do"?  I guess it rhymes, but it doesn't sound good.  Plus the thing about his bedsheets smelling like the other person.  I don't like imagining people sniffing their sheets.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:48 PM, rcc said:

Does anyone know who sings and the title of the song that repeats "slow motion" with moaning nonstop? It has to be the most obnoxious song ever.

I called the radio station after it played and it's Slow Motion by Louis York. Never heard of him, must be a new artist.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, GaT said:

I'm back with another one "Happier" by Marshmello & Bastille. Can't stand hearing it, can't stand seeing it. Need it to go away forever.

I like "Happier" but I agree that it is way overplayed.  In one 20 minute drive I heard it on three different radio stations.  I would much prefer if stations still played his song "Friends".  That song rocks.

"Girls Like You" is still everywhere.  I used to really like the song, now it's been played out.   

"Thank You, Next".  Not sure how it got to be so popular, I think it is a particularly boring song.

• Love 1

"My Heart Will Go On".

I was once oversleeping and actually jumped out of bed when I heard it come on the radio.

And "All I Want For Christmas Is You". I actually dread the holiday season because I know that's going to be played 20 times a day, every day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 1/1/2021 at 7:36 PM, InDueTime said:

Now that we're in a new year, maybe every ad and TV show can finally move on from Dynamite by BTS. I felt like it was everywhere.

You should hang out with me more. I had to look up that song because I wasn't sure what you were talking about. I don't think I've ever heard it.

• Love 1

I'm sick of "If the World Was Ending" by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels, which has been dubbed "the theme song of the pandemic," like that's a good thing.  Whenever I take a nap on Sunday afternoon, this song plays on Music Choice Soft Rock and I have to hear JP Saxe repeatedly going, "If the world was ending, you'd come over, right?  Right?"  It's the extra "right?" that really grates on my nerves more than anything else in the song.

The other song that annoys me is "I Hope" by Gabby Barrett.  She mildly annoyed me on American Idol, but it's nice for her that she got a big hit, and it was somewhat amusing the first time I heard it.  That doesn't mean it needs to be played nonstop for over a year and a half (either her solo version or duet with Charlie Puth).  I'm sure country fans hear it even more; my friend complained that "It's everywhere and won't go away!"

The oldies station somehow has beat to death "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"..and "Glory of Love".....If I NEVER hear those songs again.

Happy is decent..the first 2 minutes and after that, it needs to end...andI like Shake it Off....but can't stand Taylor Swift.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:17 PM, stonehaven said:

The oldies station somehow has beat to death "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"..and "Glory of Love".....If I NEVER hear those songs again.

I don’t care if it is 2021, I will never consider anything past 1979 to be an “oldie.”

😛

• Love 5