Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Pressure, Okay?!

• Start Topic

On 11/9/2021 at 5:20 AM, qtpye said:

In some ways, it is kind of cool to see Issa and Lawrence so successful after the show opened Issa in a dead-end job and Lawrence being unemployed for 2 years. We have seen some of Issa's journey and know that it is always a work in progress.

However, Lawrence is portrayed as this successful in a short amount of time is a little hard for me to buy. He has this beautiful luxury apartment in San Francisco and seems to lead a high-end expensive lifestyle.

Oddly enough, instead of thinking about how unlikely it is for Lawrence to live the way he's living my instinct was to think about how it could be affordable. Did Lawrence receive a signing bonus and/or relocation fees? Does he make over $200K and pay less than $4000 month/rent? Round trip LAX to SFO flights are as low as $90-150. He needs somewhere to stay in LA each week, but there are ways to get that for a reasonable price, too. Even if Lawrence's lifestyle is unrealistic I'd rather not see a more realistic living situation on top of the co-parenting drama. 

• Love 1

“Her obsession with my child is unsettling, but you know, free babysitting”
Gotta love Kelli. This reminds me of when I was 12 years old and my first nephew was born. I thought he was the most adorable baby in. the. entire. world. So yes, free babysitting.

• Love 1