Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Half the Money/S04.E02: Phantom Pain

zoey1996
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, AnnA said:

No she didn't.  We never saw her tell John anything and John never said she told him.  

He figured out what happened because they were both at home and both came back from the barn with bruises.

You assume he figured that out.  He never said that.

“Everything I do I do for you daddy” gmafb

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/1/2022 at 11:24 PM, CaptainE said:

Necropost, but she whined to daddy after Jamie hit her in season one.  John then threatened his adopted son.

And you assumed Beth whined to Daddy. 

We don't know that either.

Beth is a lot of things but a whiner isn't one of them.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
On 4/5/2022 at 6:19 PM, AnnA said:

And you assumed Beth whined to Daddy. 

We don't know that either.

Beth is a lot of things but a whiner isn't one of them.

Whined, complained, or simply told him.  Semantics.  
In the latest season, she told Rip the kid didn’t do everything she wanted, so Rip told him off.  Sorry if you can’t see how she uses men to get her way.  

I can.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, CaptainE said:

Whined, complained, or simply told him.  Semantics.  
In the latest season, she told Rip the kid didn’t do everything she wanted, so Rip told him off.  Sorry if you can’t see how she uses men to get her way.  

I can.

Beth uses everyone.

You don't know she told John that Jamie hit her. 

Carter didn't do what he was told.

• Love 1

IS it just me (and my wife) or, exciting as this show is, do you find you keep needing to check both its credibility and your expectations at the door to enjoy it?

- Credibility: AS much as there is a huge financial 'greedhead' corporation (Market Equities) that really wants to build their airport & Park City-like ski resort adjacent to Dutton Ranch, the full-out terrorist-level attack, with mass AK-47 killings and bombs that destroy half a street, just doesn't wash. No corp. wants it that bad. That big of an attack would bring in law enforcement and deep investigations from city to  Federal level, and they know that. So they couldn't chance it. They're good at lawyering private owners to death and throwing ton of money at the politicians, but they don't authorize full-tilt terrorism attacks to build cash-cow towns.

- Credibility: AS above, where are those investigators. As we watch Beth & John heal from their massive burns & injuries, how come the only law enforcement deployed seems to be the local sheriff and the Livestock Commission? How come there isn't even a footnote about Beth's secretary who opened the bomb-package? Are we to assume she was simply vaporized? Looking at the mess out on the street after the bombing, wouldn't their be Federal-level FBI/DOJ/NSA-level investigations immediately commenced?

- Expectations: Given Roarke's apparent hand in the destruction, his demise was pretty meh. Why did Rip kill him? Was he certain Roarke was behind it? If so, why didn't he discuss what to do w/John? Wouldn't John have wanted to grill Roarke to get more who-dunnit before his demise? Wouldn't John have wouldn't to kill Roarke, slowly, himself? Why don't we see a scene where Rip tells John, "I know Roarke's behind this, do you want me to kill him?

And where is Willa Hayes? She was the one who told Roarke if he wanted to win he needed to move to Middle-East Def-con 5 level terrorism. Why is no one taking her for a long-train-ride?

• Love 1