Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Written In The Stars

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

How many times has Jenny said that she's not going to wait forever? She's been waiting for almost ten years. There is no relationship coach in the world who would support this.

Good point.  And after those 10 years, Summit is saying he doesn't want to rush into anything!?

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

How many times has Jenny said that she's not going to wait forever? She's been waiting for almost ten years. There is no relationship coach in the world who would support this.

She has gotten herself into a position where she has no good options.  If Sumit does not marry her, she cannot stay in India.  If she goes back to the United States, she cannot afford to live there and it is back to sleeping on her daughter's couch.

The only reason she is still in India is because of the pandemic-related extensions to her visa.  Perhaps Sumit is trying to delay until that extension is no longer in place, and she has to go back to the US.  Then Sumit can tell her long distance not to return to India, rather than telling her face-to-face to  leave.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 4
On 11/8/2021 at 1:35 PM, Spectator said:

It really bothered me when Ari was scowling while Bini and Avi were rejoicing when they were first reunited. Avi and Bini were having so much fun together and Ari looked utterly annoyed by it. As if she wanted her son to shun Bini because, in her eyes, Bini deserves to be punished for being the worst man on earth. Most parents would find joy in seeing their child so happy (regardless of their own issues), but not Ari. She actually looked pissed. So much so that in the midst of Avi and Bini laughing and playing, she stood up and said “anyways…I’m, like, super tired so I’m going to get ready for bed” and just walked away…as if this reunion between father and son was a nuisance and had dragged on for far too long. I believe, in Ari’s perfect world, Bini would have showered her with affection and attention, begging for forgiveness (for what, I’m not entirely sure) and Avi would have cried inconsolably upon seeing Bini, refusing to even be held by his dad. Her annoyance with the happy reunion showed me how self-centered she is. She puts her own agenda ahead of what is best for her child. That’s so sad. I’m pretty sure she would be “that” parent if she and Bini ever separated - badmouthing Bini to Avi at every turn, simply to spite Bini at the expense of her child and his relationship with his dad. Awful.

I definitely don’t want to excuse Ari for her own selfish behavior but In part I blame her parents as well. They appear to have overindulged Ari and every one of her thoughtless whims throughout her whole life. Ari is the end product of that approach to parenting…selfish and spoiled. I feel bad for Avi, he is the one who will suffer the most.

Ari was furious that Avi "betrayed her" by playing and laughing with that monster, his daddy. You just know that she took Avi's joy as a personal affront, and she'll dedicate her life to pouring poison into that child's ears about what a bastard his father is. And she will throw any positive interaction Avi and Bini have in both their faces as a "betrayal" of her. Or her "sacred family". Or something. She is certifiable. 

On 11/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, seacliffsal said:

It made my heart sad to see all of the cats with Alina as they are probably all homeless and looking for families to take them in and love them. 

The street cats of Istanbul are more community pets than unloved strays, so put your heart at rest! 

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/turkey/articles/istanbuls-street-cats-the-infamous-four-legged-locals/

• Love 10
On 11/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, PinkFlamingo said:

As far as the Ari hatred, each new iteration of the show tends to bring on strong hatred of at least one person. The ones we are watching now are fresh in our memory but I still remind myself of how bad others were from past seasons. I get so tired of watching certain ones that I want them to go away so I don’t have to watch them anymore. I know certain ones bring a lot of drama which they think is good for their ratings. But they shouldn’t continue to give a platform to people that are clearly abusers (Angela etc) and it is also not fun to watch scammers at work (the Williams etc). All that being said, the worst ones to me are Geoffrey the real life monster, and the vile Eric and Leida, with their child abusing ways and personalities like rabid animals. 

There have been plenty of outright abusers on this franchise, for sure. Angela being chief among them. Andrew. Mike. Steven. I would also add "specimen" 60 year old Mark, who brought 20 year old Nikki here from the Philippines, wanted her to get her tubes ties, made her sign a punitive prenup, and brought her to a bridal salon telling her to get "anything she wanted", only to balk at the price of the gown she loved. She bought a $15 dress on Amazon. He gave me the shudders. 

BUT, I will defend to the death the inclusion of Williams, who has to have been the worst scammer in history. I never laughed so much. "Are you Nigerian.....baby?" still brings tears of laughter to my eyes. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ari was furious that Avi "betrayed her" by playing and laughing with that monster, his daddy. You just know that she took Avi's joy as a personal affront, and she'll dedicate her life to pouring poison into that child's ears about what a bastard his father is. And she will throw any positive interaction Avi and Bini have in both their faces as a "betrayal" of her. Or her "sacred family". Or something. She is certifiable. 

I agree and her actions will cause Avi, at age 18 or when he graduates high school, to board a plane and go live and reconnect with his dad.  Promise.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Mark, who brought 20 year old Nikki here from the Philippines, wanted her to get her tubes ties, made her sign a punitive prenup, and brought her to a bridal salon telling her to get "anything she wanted", only to balk at the price of the gown she loved. She bought a $15 dress on Amazon. He gave me the shudders. 

He gave everyone the shudders, so you are in good company.  Hey Mark?  You bought yourself a daughter-wife, get ready to take the heat.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

There have been plenty of outright abusers on this franchise, for sure. Angela being chief among them. Andrew. Mike. Steven. I would also add "specimen" 60 year old Mark, who brought 20 year old Nikki here from the Philippines, wanted her to get her tubes ties, made her sign a punitive prenup, and brought her to a bridal salon telling her to get "anything she wanted", only to balk at the price of the gown she loved. She bought a $15 dress on Amazon. He gave me the shudders. 

BUT, I will defend to the death the inclusion of Williams, who has to have been the worst scammer in history. I never laughed so much. "Are you Nigerian.....baby?" still brings tears of laughter to my eyes. 

Oh yeah the specimen… so many from this show in the past fall into the creepy category. 
The ones that were on one season of the show and then completely disappeared, including from follow up shows are the ones I wonder about the most. Like what really happened with Chelsea and Yazmir, Josh and Alexandra, and some others I am not thinking of now. I believe Josh and Alexandra were the names of the Mormon couple with the child that appeared to have a father of a different race? Like I wonder if that became more obvious as the child aged or if they (Josh) remained in denial. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Chelsea and Yazmir

They divorced but are friendly as she came out as either gay or bisexual.

On 11/11/2021 at 1:03 PM, lh25 said:

How many times has Jenny said that she's not going to wait forever?

4,598 times.

6 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I believe Josh and Alexandra were the names of the Mormon couple with the child that appeared to have a father of a different race? Like I wonder if that became more obvious as the child aged or if they (Josh) remained in denial. 

I have a hunch, and this is pure speculation, that if the baby is not his in a bio sense, she came clean and he said let's raise the baby as ours.  

The other couple I liked was the uber religious guy who married a girl from South Africa and his racist dad was all bent out of shape.

Jenny and Larry were nice.

Kyle and Noon?  Liked them but did NOT like they filmed his still struggling with alcohol mom and showed it.  I can only think he was contractually bound but man I would have been yeah no....not filming her.  Makes me he Sharp Entertainment Exploitation even more.

Was Patrick the guy who flew to France only to discover the girl had a boyfriend?

Remember Jason?  Of Jason and Cassia?  He was horrid, too.

And that guy who went to somewhere Spanish speaking and got ghosted by girl number 1 so he reached out to Second Place?  And got caught?

I like Alla?  Was that her name?  Who married the weird guy from West Virginia (I think) with the even weirder BFF who was clearly in love with him?  Admitted she was not in love with but knew she would grow to love him?

If someone could tell me why I remember this I can venmo you a small reward.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
Because her name is Noon not Soon.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Was Patrick the guy who flew to France only to discover the girl had a boyfriend?

And that guy who went to somewhere Spanish speaking and got ghosted by girl number 1 so he reached out to Second Place?  And got caught?

@Mrs. Hanson, you should do promo for Before the 90 Days. Thank you for reminding me why it is my favorite show of the franchise. In order:

J: You’re rude, Larry.
L: What? I’m old?

Yes, that was Patrick and his happity ass that his mother told him to keep off the Internet.

And Icky Ricky, who jumped into water to prove his love even though he can’t swim.

TOW gave us the iconic dildo salesgirl, but B90 just delivers so many classic moments one after another.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have a hunch, and this is pure speculation, that if the baby is not his in a bio sense, she came clean and he said let's raise the baby as ours.  

One thing I think of when pondering Josh and Alexandra's story is the book "When She was White", by Judith Stone, about a white Afrikaner family in South Africa who had a dark skinned child in 1955, during apartheid. The mother swore that her husband was the father and no evidence was ever found of an affair. One theory was that the daughter was the product of a "throwback", a dark skinned ancestor, perhaps. 

Another, of course, is that it appears that they are happy and love their baby. So good for them. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

One thing I think of when pondering Josh and Alexandra's story is the book "When She was White", by Judith Stone, about a white Afrikaner family in South Africa who had a dark skinned child in 1955, during apartheid. The mother swore that her husband was the father and no evidence was ever found of an affair. One theory was that the daughter was the product of a "throwback", a dark skinned ancestor, perhaps. 

Another, of course, is that it appears that they are happy and love their baby. So good for them. 

I agree.  Good for them.  It really doesn't matter to anyone but them.  She sees him as dad, he sees her as his daughter.  Their business.   Now I need to read that book.

@nutella fitzgerald, happy to narrate!!!  I am a sped teacher and if I may boast my superpower is behavior management and being blunt.  I need to host the Tell All!!!  I will get the truth!!  You will bend to my will, dammit!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
18 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The street cats of Istanbul are more community pets than unloved strays, so put your heart at rest! 

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/turkey/articles/istanbuls-street-cats-the-infamous-four-legged-locals/

@Pepper Mostly (and anyone else that might be interested):

Allow me to introduce you to Sarper Duman. He's a Turkish musician and composer who devotes all his free time and much of his own cash to rescue and obtain medical help for sick and injured kitties in Turkey. Sarper is also cat daddy to the 19+ rescue cats he has living with him at home. He's also quite easy on the eyes and makes me wish I was a cat. Living in Turkey. Near Sarper's place.😉

Sarper Duman on Instagram

These Rescue Cats Cradled by a Pianist as He Plays Are Living the Dream

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

They divorced but are friendly as she came out as either gay or bisexual.

4,598 times.

The other couple I liked was the uber religious guy who married a girl from South Africa and his racist dad was all bent out of shape.

Kyle and Noon?  Liked them but did NOT like they filmed his still struggling with alcohol mom and showed it.  I can only think he was contractually bound but man I would have been yeah no....not filming her.  Makes me he Sharp Entertainment Exploitation even more.

Remember Jason?  Of Jason and Cassia?  He was horrid, too.

I like Alla?  Was that her name?  Who married the weird guy from West Virginia (I think) with the even weirder BFF who was clearly in love with him?  Admitted she was not in love with but knew she would grow to love him?

If someone could tell me why I remember this I can venmo you a small reward.

The religious guy and the girl from South Africa were Danny and Amy.  I absolutely loved them.  

My heart just broke watching Kyle interacting with his obviously inebriated mother.  I had wondered why he was so secretive and keeping Noon away from his family.  Then I saw the "reunion" and understood perfectly.  I, too, found it extremely distasteful that Sharp even aired that footage.  I think the circumstances regarding Kyle's estrangement from his mother could have been handled in a different way.  I also loved the way Noon was willing to risk her visa status to go visit her father who was sick and Kyle was by her side as they left.  

Jason and his father are probably still scouting yard sales and making their money off of Ebay sales from their retirement community with the algae filled pool.  

Ah, the good old days of this franchise.  

And to bring this back on topic, I love to watch Sumbitch's facial reactions whenever Jenny brings up getting married.  I can't decide if he's a decent actor or if he really is a deer in headlights at the thought of actually having to marry her.  Either way, it's immensely entertaining.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

And to bring this back on topic, I love to watch Sumbitch's facial reactions whenever Jenny brings up getting married.  I can't decide if he's a decent actor or if he really is a deer in headlights at the thought of actually having to marry her.  Either way, it's immensely entertaining.  

And it seems that he has come to the point where he has no excuses left.  I look forward to seeing how he handles this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2021 at 7:50 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I had the closed captioning on for a sec and it said “Kenny sobs” lol.

“Kenny Sobs” would make a great Primetimer user name. But it will probably be the title of a future exclusive Discovery+ series. 

• LOL 5
On 11/12/2021 at 11:23 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

@Pepper Mostly (and anyone else that might be interested):

Allow me to introduce you to Sarper Duman. He's a Turkish musician and composer who devotes all his free time and much of his own cash to rescue and obtain medical help for sick and injured kitties in Turkey. Sarper is also cat daddy to the 19+ rescue cats he has living with him at home. He's also quite easy on the eyes and makes me wish I was a cat. Living in Turkey. Near Sarper's place.😉

Sarper Duman on Instagram

These Rescue Cats Cradled by a Pianist as He Plays Are Living the Dream

Oh. my. gosh.  The devotion those cats show to him.  I want to be loved like that!

• Love 2
On 11/13/2021 at 9:55 AM, Persnickety1 said:

My heart just broke watching Kyle interacting with his obviously inebriated mother.

It was a looong time ago, but she was either drunk or seemed to be non-neurotypical functioning as a result of drinking or drugs, ala Reverend Jim from Taxi.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Oh. my. gosh.  The devotion those cats show to him.  I want to be loved like that!

I agree. They love him, and his music. 

I don't remember if this was mentioned in the article I linked to, but Sarper went through a deep depression in the past, and came very close to dying by suicide. He credits a cat he found and was able to help with giving him something to live for. 

That's not an unusual story, as I'm sure you know. There are many stories of cats, dogs, and other animals pulling people back from the brink of despair. 

I'm so grateful for that cat; because of them, the world still has Sarper Duman continuing to rescue an untold number of kitties, and filling our hearts with his music.

• Love 5
On 11/9/2021 at 6:22 AM, Twopper said:

Corey and Evelin--I hit the FF button but I did see a few snippets on PT.  He needs to take a page out of Steven's playbook and buy her flowers and ice cream, then present her a book of Mormon with a flowery cover and a love letter/essay in the front.

Sumit really does not want to marry Jenny.  His excuse now is that they still don't have a blessing from the parents even if the parents are pretending not to object.  In the preview for next week, he apparently is afraid to commit because they might divorce.  I had a third reason in mind but I have brain fog.   Even if they don't marry Jenny will hang around as long as she can or until the $$$ run out.

Stephen is a hypocrite. He worries she won't convert to Mormon and he cannot even follow their teachings. She needs to move on. As well, Corey needs to move on because Evelin has never shown him respect, unless he's handing over money. 

On 11/14/2021 at 11:46 PM, lilybaileyahc said:

I wish I had more time to watch them, but I just read comments from time to time. Unfortunately, I have a lot of homework and I want good grades and I need to do them. This is why, I use many services that help me to save some time that I spend with my family. In most cases, as I have many writing tasks I use this one https://studybay.com/customer-service-essay/ I like that they provide some guides on how to write a good essay, but if you don't have enough time to write it as I then they can write it for you.

Why are u spamming this site?

On 11/13/2021 at 8:40 AM, treeofdreams said:

And it seems that he has come to the point where he has no excuses left.  I look forward to seeing how he handles this.

The more Jenny talks about marriage, the more desperate she appears. Desperation is a turnoff and frankly, if it hasn't happened in 7 years, it won't happen now. This is one time that I hope I'm proven wrong.

• Love 1
On 11/9/2021 at 6:49 AM, lilysmom said:

Sadly, I  think Ari would be fine with it. I think she is the classic parent in a difficult situation who doesn't really want to be bothered with the child, but REALLY wants to use it to try to control Bini.

As for her parents, I'm not able to make that judgment since we really haven't seen much of the interaction between them and Avi. When you see Bini with Avi, there is no question that he is madly, totally in love with him. 

I think Ari is looking for a way out and I can't help but think her ex husband has something to do with her feelings. I remember having lunch with my ex, years after not seeing him, and I got caught up in reminiscing about our good times. It's only later I gave my head a shake after remembering what a total a-hole he'd been throughout or marriage. Whew dodged another bullet.

• Love 2
On 11/12/2021 at 11:43 AM, PinkFlamingo said:

Oh yeah the specimen… so many from this show in the past fall into the creepy category. 
The ones that were on one season of the show and then completely disappeared, including from follow up shows are the ones I wonder about the most. Like what really happened with Chelsea and Yazmir, Josh and Alexandra, and some others I am not thinking of now. I believe Josh and Alexandra were the names of the Mormon couple with the child that appeared to have a father of a different race? Like I wonder if that became more obvious as the child aged or if they (Josh) remained in denial. 

Mark was so disgusting and controlling. I hope she had the wherewithal to freeze her eggs for when she leaves this loser. I also despised the guy (can't remember his name) who had been charged with domestic assault. Of course he wants a foreign woman so she will be totally dependent on him, so she'll have to follow his "rules". How gross. Last note, despite my blonde hair and blue eyes, I know I come from some great great ancestors who are black, so I have always been up front that our baby may be black, and I am damn proud of my heritage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/11/2021 at 4:52 PM, MrBuhBye said:

She’s young enough to get a job.  If you can’t afford early retirement, don’t do it.

She could teach English in India and just renew her work visa when needed. Now is not the time to be lazy about her future.

• Love 4
On 11/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, treeofdreams said:

The only reason she is still in India is because of the pandemic-related extensions to her visa.  Perhaps Sumit is trying to delay until that extension is no longer in place, and she has to go back to the US.  

I think Sumit is comfortable living with Jenny and not having to contribute to the household (much like he did at home). Jenny needs to find her own home and leave him to worry about his own survival.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Chalby said:

The more Jenny talks about marriage, the more desperate she appears. Desperation is a turnoff and frankly, if it hasn't happened in 7 years, it won't happen now. This is one time that I hope I'm proven wrong.

She is desperate.  If she doesn't marry Sumit, she cannot stay in India.  If she goes back to the US she cannot afford to live there, as she has stated in an interview.  At her age, it would be very difficult to find a job, even if she were so inclined (and I doubt she is).  (And not to be nitpicky, it has been , even worse, 10 years.)

11 minutes ago, Chalby said:

She could teach English in India and just renew her work visa when needed. Now is not the time to be lazy about her future.

I don't think she could teach English since she has never learned Hindi.  I can't imagine how she could teach without knowing both languages.

8 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I think Sumit is comfortable living with Jenny and not having to contribute to the household (much like he did at home).

Yes, the options that are acceptable to him are staying as they are, or getting married and moving in with his parents, which Jenny said she will never do.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2021 at 9:06 AM, Schnickelfritz said:

Anyone else get the "convert 5, get one free" vibe from all of this? He's so desperate about her baptism (but not marriage) that it sounds like a sad pyramid scheme.

(I am in no way denigrating the Mormon religion.  Strictly an indictment of the idiot himself.)

I am indicting the faith (just a little bit) because why should she have to convert so long as the children are raised in the Mormon faith? And how does the Mormon faith respond to congregates cheating and lying, or is it overlooked for men? Not being sarcastic, I really would like to know? My sister in law and niece are Mormon but my brother isn't and they've been married 32 years.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chalby said:

I am indicting the faith (just a little bit) because why should she have to convert so long as the children are raised in the Mormon faith? And how does the Mormon faith respond to congregates cheating and lying, or is it overlooked for men? Not being sarcastic, I really would like to know? My sister in law and niece are Mormon but my brother isn't and they've been married 32 years.

I assume (and I am an expert as I loved the Donny and Marie show, that makes me an expert, right?) that they could have a civil marriage, not a temple marriage and Holy Roller Steven would never go for that.

1 hour ago, Chalby said:

despite my blonde hair and blue eyes, I know I come from some great great ancestors who are black, so I have always been up front that our baby may be black, and I am damn proud of my heritage

I love this.  A lot!

1 hour ago, Chalby said:

Desperation is a turnoff 

Yep it really is!

On 11/7/2021 at 1:19 PM, treeofdreams said:

Probably the answer to their questions was so much simply common sense that he didn't need to draw up a chart.  But Jenny and Sumit's destiny is written in the stars?  What were those stars thinking?!

I got the feeling that the astrologer knows they want to be together and has said "get married", because he knows they have too many obstacles. That's why he told Sumit's mother that she doesn't want to be blamed for the marriage ending (because he knows there will be an ending.) So he's saying go for it knowing fully well that Sumit will not.

• Love 1
On 11/7/2021 at 8:42 PM, endure said:

Why did Ari have an interpreter, that was so ridiculous, and why does she think she is in charge of everything, Ari and her mother disgust me.  And I figured out part of why she’s so ugly….her eyes go downward at the outside ends which is kind of unusual I think, even though her mother has much smaller eyes, they’re like that too.  Avi was so excited to see Bini.

I really like her mother and i get an underlying feeling that she feels sorry for Bini because she recognizes how unstable her daughter. She's more concerned that Avi have a father in his life, even if that means forking out cash for A I to fly back and forth.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I really like her mother and i get an underlying feeling that she feels sorry for Bini because she recognizes how unstable her daughter. She's more concerned that Avi have a father in his life, even if that means forking out cash for A I to fly back and forth.

I think she makes a good mediator between Ari and Bini.  She calms Ari down, and actually listens to Bini's side of things.  With just the two of them, they will never move on and get beyond their current stage of miscommunication because Ari will not let them.  Her mother can help sort things out and hopefully make some progress toward the best resolution for them and especially for Avi.

• Love 2