Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Written In The Stars

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, ExMathMajor said:

However, whose idea was it to give him the nickname "Coopy"?

Countdown until Kenny starts calling Armando Mandy.

19 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I missed most of the show last night but with my luck, caught some of the A&K segment. I know I'm in the minority, but my god, how boring is their life. Why must I be privy to such insignificant drivel? I kept thinking, when is this segment going to end, why am I sitting here watching the most uninteresting story line ever scripted? Why are they talking about nothing and the endless will-dad-attend-the-wedding-or-not-attend-the-wedding chit-chat? Mind numbing!

Also watching small children ride a bike.  Riveting television.  Although I did like Cow Cat so maybe I’m a hypocrite.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Breedom said:

What a fool Ai is. Bini should have forcefully asked what she was thinking and dismiss the interpreter. The interpreter probably felt foolish for being there after realizing she was in no way needed. Bini needs to speak up, that's the premise for a lot of these stories - one partner never speaks up for themselves while the other one is a belligerent loud-mouth and demanding fool.

Ari needs to absolutely step down from her pedestal and consider Bini an equal partner who gets to have a say in their relationship and their son. It's Ari's behavior that is turning Bini off, but our dear Airhead isn't capable of any insight into her own damaging behavior. And her crying to Bini how sorry she is for him. What the heck was that all about? Drama queen, victim, innocent, suffering little girl. Oh, how much she has gone through. Bull. She has no idea how her "order" of moving to Kenya might have a damaging effect with Bini. You discuss dear, not order. Grow up, little girl. You are clearly not ready for a relationship. Plus her mom supporting her unconditionally and not looking at the truth is an enabler.

Such a great moment when Bini was reunited with his son. He clearly adores Avi.

This!   So well  said. 
Did anyone else catch Mother Ari tell Bini “we have to make Ari feel ok.  She’s not well” or something like that.  Like a mom would say about their 6 year old. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, ExMathMajor said:

Every week I'm annoyed by the breathtaking levels of entitlement I see from these American women

And we are not all this bad, I SWEAR!  Angela, Ari, Ellie, etc.......they seem to think it is okay to direct them around and threaten to pull their green cards if 100% compliance is not met.  What a horrendous way to have a relationship!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Did anyone else catch Mother Ari tell Bini “we have to make Ari feel ok.  She’s not well” or something like that.  Like a mom would say about their 6 year old. 

That is codependency in full display, folks.  Ari can take care of her own health, Mom.  Look, my son had a cavity 18 months ago and put off and put OFF having it taken care of.  He is now 22 and I have never mentioned it to him.  His teeth, his problem.  (He is usually very good at this stuff so I am kinda surprised, lol.)  He is having taken care of in January 2022.  Oh well........

• Love 6

Great episode last night!  So much drama!!

I am enjoying Jenny and Sumit's storyline the most.  Mama Sumit is the highlight.  After being thoroughly scolded by the astrologer, she takes a new tack.  Telling Jenny "we love you and accept you" with smiles all around (and obviously not meaning a word of it), then later saying she still hopes Jenny will leave.  She will now switch from obvious opposition to covert operations.

Poor Sumit.  His face when Jenny told him about his mother's switch spoke volumes.  Instead of saying "Yay!" his face clearly said "uh oh, now what  do I do?"  He still doesn't want to marry her, but has lost his best excuse.  His stalling and evasiveness when Jenny talked about getting married right away also told the story.   From the preview it looks like he will finally come clean.  More drama!

Ari and Bini...That is just a bad match.  I can't root for either one of them.  Ari says she wants the three of them to be a family, but if she is constantly screaming at Bini that is a toxic environment to raise a child in.  I can't see how shared custody would work, if he is in Ethiopia and she is in the US.

Run, Alina, run!!  Take off your romantic rosy glasses and see Steven for what he is!  Listen to all those red warning flags piling up.  You keep saying that actions are more important than words, but you aren't really understanding what he has been doing.  Deleting his social media is a nice gesture, but he will just open new accounts, if he hasn't already done so.  Proposing in a romantic setting the way he did was pure manipulation.  Don't let it work.  Open your eyes and PAY ATTENTION!!  This guy is seriously BAD NEWS!!

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

When Svengodly and Alina were joking about and the subject of her signing a paper promising to get baptized, no he wasn’t playing around when he began to tease her about it afterwards. He wanted that paper. Ideally he would get her baptized before marriage, because then if he doesn’t marry her at least he saved another person. It’s probably too early this morning to be taxing my brain with this. 

Anyone else get the "convert 5, get one free" vibe from all of this? He's so desperate about her baptism (but not marriage) that it sounds like a sad pyramid scheme.

(I am in no way denigrating the Mormon religion.  Strictly an indictment of the idiot himself.)

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

That is codependency in full display, folks.  Ari can take care of her own health, Mom.  Look, my son had a cavity 18 months ago and put off and put OFF having it taken care of.  He is now 22 and I have never mentioned it to him.  His teeth, his problem.  (He is usually very good at this stuff so I am kinda surprised, lol.)  He is having taken care of in January 2022.  Oh well........

The thing is, a lot of people just don't understand how vindictive teeth can be or what the progression is of an unfilled cavity. I would tell him. Does it have something to do with dental insurance kicking in in January?

I don't think Bini cheated on Ari. And Ari needs to stop treating him like a child. Bini's far from perfect, but I'll echo what others have said: ARI, YOU HAD YOUR EX COME STAY WITH YOU AND DIDN'T CONSIDER BINI'S DISCOMFORT OR CULTURE.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

The two threads have been merged.

The 2 threads are now coexisting in peace and harmony. The 2 threads are in a better relationship than any of the knuckleheads in the 90D franchise. They are showing each other trust, respect, and a willingness to work together. You will never see such a relationship on this show!

• LOL 23
  • Love 1

The only thing Bini ever brought to this relationship is sperm. He is nothing but another dependent for Ari's parents to pay for and if he wants to see his kid, they can tell him to live wherever the fuck they want.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

The thing is, a lot of people just don't understand how vindictive teeth can be or what the progression is of an unfilled cavity. I would tell him. Does it have something to do with dental insurance kicking in in January?

Thank you for your concern!  He is on my insurance and I met my deductable!  I was like, DUDE!  He is on a wait list, so there is that.  He lived in another state over the summer and he just did not get around to it.  

48 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

The 2 threads are now coexisting in peace and harmony. The 2 threads are in a better relationship than any of the knuckleheads in the 90D franchise. They are showing each other trust, respect, and a willingness to work together. You will never see such a relationship on this show!

This made me laugh out loud!  Thank you!

• Love 3

A body language expert would have a field day analyzing Sumit when Jenny told him she wanted to get married tomorrow. He was soooooo nervous - repeatedly running his hands through his hair, shifting his weight from one side to their other, etc.. Sumit is soooo bumming that his mom can no longer serve as his excuse to not marry Jenny. Now he needs to man up and either bite the bullet and tie the knot or tell Jenny he is actually the one who doesn’t want to get married. 

I honestly do not get it…normally I would tell a girl in Jenny’s situation that ‘he’s just not that into you’ but I actually don’t think that that’s the case with Sumit. He endured a lot from his parents already because of Jenny. If he wanted out he would have just left by now. I don’t really understand why he’s so resistant to marrying her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, Spectator said:

In additional to the plastic surgery done on her face, I think Ari also got a “mommy makeover” while she was in the US (boob lift and tummy tuck). Her body changed quite a bit in 2 months. 

Too bad Ari didn't get a "personality pick-me-up" too.

Edited by hookedontv
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7

I think Summit likes Jenny's money (not only Social Security, but the TLC money as well) as they have a very nice home and he gets to be (moderately) famous due to being on t.v.  BUT he draws the line at actually having to marry her so he will have some kind of excuse in the next episode.  

Ari seems to think that she should be completely in control of Bini and that he should not have any kind of life or activity if it doesn't involve her or her permission.  The real problem is that she has learned how to keep everyone in her family under her control (through tears, breakdowns, cutting, etc.) and she is really, really frustrated that she is not able to control Bini to the extent that she wants (or her mother wants as she instructs Bini that he has to keep her happy).  She also doesn't see her own hypocrisy in falling over Leandro as she invited her into her home but Bini can't invite anyone into their home.

It made my heart sad to see all of the cats with Alina as they are probably all homeless and looking for families to take them in and love them.  It also made me think that Alina is very lonely in real life and may have latched onto SteVen as he showed some attention to her.  It would make sense to me as there is no other real reason for her to be with him (IMO) unless she is playing the long con to get to the U.S.

I have started fast-forwarding through Kenny and Armando as I am over them and their self-pitying selves (ohhhh I miss my family, ohhhhh what if my dad doesn't come to my wedding).  It feels like they may never be truly satisfied with their lives as there will always be something.

And, as always, I fast-forward Cory and Eveline.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

The only thing Bini ever brought to this relationship is sperm. He is nothing but another dependent for Ari's parents to pay for and if he wants to see his kid, they can tell him to live wherever the fuck they want.

But Ari wasn't willing to live in an apartment that Bini could afford.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I think Summit likes Jenny's money (not only Social Security, but the TLC money as well) as they have a very nice home and he gets to be (moderately) famous due to being on t.v.  BUT he draws the line at actually having to marry her so he will have some kind of excuse in the next episode. 

I agree.  He has mentioned several times that he expects Jenny to take care of him, but one reason for not wanting to marry might be the age difference - at some point she may have age-related health issues and not only will she not be able to take care of him but will need him to take care of her.  So he doesn't want to tie himself to her.

Also, I think what he really wants is to move back in with his parents and have Mummy take care of him.  Her visit reminded him of how deficient Jenny is in all household skills, and how nice it would be to have his mother doing these things for him.  Jenny's money is welcome now, but if he moves back in with his parents that won't matter as he will be able to live on their dime.

And at some point their run on TLC will be over and that money will no longer be a factor.  So maybe at that time he will bail on Jenny, and go live his ideal life with his parents.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Corey and Evelin: She looked rougher in this episode. Maybe she needs him to pay his half of the rent. I get the gesture of re-proposing marriage but have no real idea if either of them changed one bit. Another run at the spin cycle and Corey being dumped again and maybe finally ending it and perhaps taking a chance with Jenny.

Kenny and Armando: Krying Kenny again. Truffles looked lovely in her wedding outfit. At least we now know that Kenny and Armando have the top floor condo. Kenny's kids are old enough to take care of themselves and not depend on dad so much. Let him have his own life. Armando wants the unconditional love of his father. How happy he was when he learned that his father was coming over to the home.

Steven and Alina: Poor thing has only stray cats for friends. Their only agenda is finding food. Steven has other agendas. He has given you multiple red flags. Pay attention to them. He proposed but won't do the paperwork for the wedding date and getting a visa to move to Russia. Go back home for a bit. Arrange to meet a few months down the line and then work on the marriage paperwork. His only interest seems to be in converting you to his faith/religion and getting another person baptized. That's a serious decision for someone so young who should be checking out all religions that interest her before making any sort of choice at all. What is the rush? He isn't much. Surely there are other possibilities for a long con to probably move to America. Maybe ask Steven what he plans to do in Russia in terms of a job, how you both will live, etc. How Mormonism works in Russia, how many folks are you expected to convert in a month or whatever. He's manipulated you by an extravagant proposal but that is all on the surfac. Hold back a little longer. Let the 90 days run out.

Ari and Bini: He does have a life outside of you, Ari. If he is in the music or entertainment field, you will need to get used to him being around others, having to go to clubs and other places, you will need to accept that he will need to talk to other women or work with him. This is what you signed up for. You insisted on meeting him in neutral Kenya, you brought your mother along (who is probably footing the apartment bill and other expenses), you need to be taken care of at all times. There was no need for a translator. You could have hired one, she could have had coffee in the restaurant, and only showed up if needed. Ari, you cannot run Bini. Maybe you could run Leandro or the idea of him. Bini, beware of getting involved with women from any foreign country because you can be left high and dry in terms of your parental rights. Doubtful that Ariela and her parents can afford to fly to Ethiopia or Kenya or wherever to let you see your son once in a while. Ari's mom needs to stop hovering over her and let her make her own choices, no matter where they lead. And Ari, get a grip on yourself and stop being such a witch.

Jenny and Sumit: So after all these years, all it took for Mama Sumit to be accepting for a minute is an astrologer telling her to do so and that destiny is at work. Let your son alone and don't meddle in a marriage that isn't yours. Not sure that hating Jenny for many years and then flipping a switch to tell her that you love her and will love her is all that believable. The Holi fun was fun. Sumit still having cold feet about marrying Jenny now that most obstacles are gone is not cool. You promised her marriage, Sumit. Not string her along. The average woman who is not Jenny may not have put up with this garbage from you and would most likely issue you an ultimatum - they cannot continue to pay this sort of price for your wishywashiness. Jenny would have enjoyed her fling and then moved on with someone else who could give her what she wants. You, Sumit, will then marry the girl your parents chose for you, and be miserable. You kept her on the catfishing reel for far too long and maybe she bought in to the fantasy or she sunk too much in to you.

• Love 11

I wish Bini would fight back a little. Ari left Ethiopia for what sounds like was at least a 2 month period of time for an outpatient pediatric medical procedure that typically takes 30-60 minutes. Even factoring in recovery time (typically 2-3 days, but let’s be generous and say a week) she should not have been in the US for so long (unless she was actually recovering from her own plastic surgery procedures, which seems to be the general consensus (despite her denials)). Did she seriously expect him to sit home and watch tv for 2 months while she enjoyed going out with family and friends in Princeton??? Wow, what a narcissist. so the way she sees it, unless he’s serving her in some capacity, he might as well not be doing anything. Amazing. 

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Ari's mom needs to stop hovering over her and let her make her own choices, no matter where they lead

I totally agree but I think her parents are stuck between a rock and a hard place. As I recall, Ari has been open about the scars on her arms stemming from her cutting herself as an adolescent. So I think her parents are afraid to give Ari too long of a leash. That being said, I find it so inappropriate that the mom is so involved in the specifics of her relationship. I would be mortified if my mother questioned my fiancé about whether he ever cheated on me! That’s Ari’s fight to fight. Ari is an adult (a seemingly fully dependent adult with a lot of issues, but an adult nonetheless). 

I have a feeling that in the past whenever Ari’s parents took a more hands off approach toward their daughter, Ari ended up falling flat on her face and they’re afraid of how far she might fall if they were to continue to let her make her own mistakes. Look at what has happened already…

they were probably so relieved that Ari was in a 10 year relationship with a seemingly pleasant, educated, driven man, but then she abruptly decided to up and leave him, at least temporarily, so she could travel. Then without even ever telling her husband that their marriage was actually over, she wound up in a relationship with a random guy from Ethiopia who knocked her up in fairly short order! And this new guy has no real life plan, no steady income stream and obstacles that have prevented him from even coming to the US due to past immigration infractions. Yikes. What a mess.

I think I’d be at a loss if Ari were my kid. No one wants to watch their child make a total disaster of his/her life and that’s exactly what Ari has done again and again. They’re probably afraid she could really hurt herself if left to her own devices. It’s a lose lose, for sure. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Spectator said:

I have a feeling that in the past whenever Ari’s parents took a more hands off approach toward their daughter, Ari ended up falling flat on her face and they’re afraid of how far she might fall if they were to continue to let her make her own mistakes. Look at what has happened already…

And of course, now there is a baby involved, so their concern includes him as well.

• Love 7

Can we get a show with just Alina and the cats, Cooper, Hannah and Avi? I'm not really enjoying anything else. 

The way Steven says BEEBEE makes me want to stab my television.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, Spectator said:

I totally agree but I think her parents are stuck between a rock and a hard place. As I recall, Ari has been open about the scars on her arms stemming from her cutting herself as an adolescent. So I think her parents are afraid to give Ari too long of a leash. That being said, I find it so inappropriate that the mom is so involved in the specifics of her relationship. I would be mortified if my mother questioned my fiancé about whether he ever cheated on me! That’s Ari’s fight to fight. Ari is an adult (a seemingly fully dependent adult with a lot of issues, but an adult nonetheless). 

they were probably so relieved that Ari was in a 10 year relationship with a seemingly pleasant, educated, driven man, but then she abruptly decided to up and leave him, at least temporarily, so she could travel. Then without even ever telling her husband that their marriage was actually over, she wound up in a relationship with a random guy from Ethiopia who knocked her up in fairly short order! And this new guy has no real life plan, no steady income stream and obstacles that have prevented him from even coming to the US due to past immigration infractions. Yikes. What a mess.

I think I’d be at a loss if Ari were my kid. No one wants to watch their child make a total disaster of his/her life and that’s exactly what Ari has done again and again. They’re probably afraid she could really hurt herself if left to her own devices. It’s a lose lose, for sure. 

Unfortunately for them, Ari's parents waited too long to modify her behavior. Now that Ari's had a baby and considerably raised the stakes, it's probably too late.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, bref said:

The way he physically handles her creeps me out.

In the episode where she said to him, "ok let's go back to the apartment now and delete your social media accounts" and she started walking away, he grabbed her arm and held her back, saying, "baby, baby, baby, you know I love you" and tried to keep her from walking away.  At other times he has grabbed a handful of her hair, or her arm, in a very possessive way.

Some women misinterpret possessiveness by a man as being about love, when it is actually about control.

Steven wants to control her, and religion is one way.  But I think she is proving to be stronger than he expected, and his reactions to what she has said and done bear out his frustration with this.   Hopefully she will get herself out of this situation before it is too late.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Spectator said:

I’m pretty sure she would be “that” parent if she and Bini ever separated - badmouthing Bini to Avi at every turn, simply to spite Bini at the expense of her child and his relationship with his dad. Awful.

This whole post: Yes, yes, and yes!

I always knew Ari would berate Bini to her son if they separated. Its very important to her to be seen as a victim, and she will play that to the hilt if/when needed.

3 hours ago, Spectator said:

her parents as well. They appear to have overindulged Ari and every one of her thoughtless whims throughout her whole life. Ari is the end product of that approach to parenting…selfish and spoiled.

Ari's mom likes to project herself as an all-knowing, stable, educated presence on the show. Well, you flubbed up in raising your daughter. You ARE FAR FROM PERFECT and you are now advertising yourself and what you have created for all of us out here in TV-land.

As others have mentioned, I do wish that Bini would remind Ari of "what SHE did" by inviting Leandro to visit and stay with them without Bini's consent. And she's crying now because of what Bini "did to her?" Please.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

"baby, baby, baby, you know I love you" and tried to keep her from walking away.  At other times he has grabbed a handful of her hair, or her arm, in a very possessive way.

Some women misinterpret possessiveness by a man as being about love, when it is actually about control.

All gaslighting assholes say this.

I have been watching enough True Crime on Discovery Plus to be an expert on the second point.  Waaaay too many women shrug it off:  "Oh that is just Brandon.  He likes to know where I am!"  No, it is weird and creepy.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

It made my heart sad to see all of the cats with Alina as they are probably all homeless and looking for families to take them in and love them. 

The cats in Turkey are well cared for by nearly everyone.  There was a movie a few years ago called "Kedi" about street cats in Istanbul. I can only assume that it's the same in the city where SteVen and Alina are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I saw Kedi on the big screen when it first came out. You don't have to be a cat person to love seeing the spectrum of personalities in all the featured cats and the wonderful humanity of the people who care for them (which seemed to be everyone in Istanbul!). It was very sweet to see that the same is true in Antalya. Every cat that Alina interacted with looked healthy and well fed.

Edited by Mondrianyone
typo--Instantbul: just add water!
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

It pissed me off when Ari said (paraphrasing):  Bini hasn't seen the baby in months.  What the actual fuck?  HE HASN'T SEEN THE BABY IN MONTHS BECAUSE YOU LEFT THE COUNTRY. 

It also pisses me off that Ari's mom is so involved in Ari's life.  Cleary, Ari is not well.  But it is time to cut the cord.  She got pregnant and lived in another country, then she can move to another country and hash it all out with her boyfriend (they're not married, right?). 

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Shauna said:

It pissed me off when Ari said (paraphrasing):  Bini hasn't seen the baby in months.  What the actual fuck?  HE HASN'T SEEN THE BABY IN MONTHS BECAUSE YOU LEFT THE COUNTRY. 

It also pisses me off that Ari's mom is so involved in Ari's life.  Cleary, Ari is not well.  But it is time to cut the cord.  She got pregnant and lived in another country, then she can move to another country and hash it all out with her boyfriend (they're not married, right?). 

Ari doesn’t seem mature enough to be engaging in sexual relations, regardless of whether a child results.  She has the emotional maturity of a toddler.

• Love 12

Some interesting info on the Mormons and polygamy.  I think Steven would be especially drawn to this.

https://theconversation.com/explaining-polygamy-and-its-history-in-the-mormon-church-81384

"The LDS Church publicly renounced the practice of polygamy in 1890, but it has never renounced polygamy as doctrine, as evidenced in LDS scriptures. It has always permitted and continues to permit men to be married in Mormon temples “for the eternities” to more than one wife."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I think I'd watch a show about the Family Sumit where Mama plots murder behind a fake smile and Sumit Jr. is always on the spot for new excuses not to marry. Some sample titles occurred to me:

Sari Not Sari

Calcutta Bitch

Don't Worry, It's Just Curry! or maybe Cash & Curry

Kill Her with Kindness

I'll keep working.

Love this; you made my day!

• Love 5

So Sumit has to wriggle out of marriage yet again. It’s humiliating for Jenny who seems a nice enough person although not the sharpest knife in the drawer.  Why she’s so keen on Sumit is beyond me.  He’s younger and has hair,  but that’s all he’s got going for him.  Maybe he assumes the TLC money will stop once they marry? Has he ever worked?

Evelin has a large mole on her neck which she should have checked.

Stray dogs and cats living in Turkey are apparently provided water and food by shopkeepers and the community and even blankets when it gets cold.

Steven gives me the willies.  How can she bear him touching her ?

• Love 7

Thank you so much for the encouraging information about how the cats are treated in Turkey (cats are better in Turkey...).  That warms my heart and I was serious before when I said it saddened me to see so many stray cats, but you all warmed my heart again!  

I found it very interesting that the whole time we have seen Ari with Avi he has just been passively held by her with very little interaction.  But then when Bini arrived, it was the most interactive and excited Avi has been.  Quite telling about how the parents interact (or don't) with Avi.  And yet Janice has the nerve to try and blame Bini for not seeing Avi for 2 1/2 months with her comment about how long Avi hasn't seen his father.  What Ari is doing drives me crazy whenever I encounter it-blames Bini for some unknown infraction and then expects him to gravel and apologize even though he hasn't done anything (that we know of).  Classic abuser "you know what you did to make me so mad..." which we have seen numerous times (when she tells him it's his fault she's upset).

• Love 8

I can’t stand Ari.  Why bring a translator if you don’t let the other person speak.  I think the plan to move to Kenya was always planned.  And with the rebels currently taking  over the capital, it was a good decision.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why she’s so keen on Sumit is beyond me.  He’s younger and has hair,  but that’s all he’s got going for him.  Maybe he assumes the TLC money will stop once they marry? Has he ever worked?

I don't recall ever seeing any affection exchanged between the two of them. I know that Jenny loves Sumit, but Sumit's true feelings are an unknown to me. After this season ends, I don't want to see the two of them again - no spin-off, please! I did enjoy this season's humor between Jenny and his folks but enough is enough. I wouldn't tune in again because it would be more of the same shenanigans.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Spectator said:

Agree, and happy my boys are stable, happy adults. 
Hubby and I were watching together.  We both remarked, imagine if we had these troubles and one of us brought our mom to our reconciliation efforts.  I mean, I think real adults don’t do that. 
Ari was PISSED that Avi was so happy to see Bini (I refuse to call him Baby, because, um, I’m an adult) and she will poison that child against him. Her droopy mad face drove me to rage.  How old is she?   Old enough to grow up, get a job, and stop living off her parents.  Ugh. And I’m going to hell, but I bet she likes that her parents are worried about how skinny she is now. 
She won’t even let him get a word in. She’s the master of all, telling him how it is.  I wish he would stand up just once against her. FFS her ex brought her bras. 

6 hours ago, bref said:

Can we get a show with just Alina and the cats, Cooper, Hannah and Avi? I'm not really enjoying anything else. 

And his skiddlypoop thing.  How stupid.  Poop?  Really? (I know it’s not inferring anything, but geez ) 

Edited by Meowwww
More anger lol
  • Love 5

There have been 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way cast members I've disliked - a lot (Nicole Nafziger and Brittany Banks are two) - but I've never despised a cast member until now.

Ariela Weinberg.

She took her and Biniyam Shibre's son Avi back to the U.S., ostensibly so that Avi's hernia surgery would be performed in a country with medical care superior to what is available in Ethiopia. 

Ariela promised Biniyam she would return to Ethiopia with their son.

Avi's hernia surgery was an outpatient procedure. Avi was released from the hospital and taken to his grandparent's home just a few hours after his surgery.

Ariela could have easily taken Avi to the U.S., had his surgery, remained in the U.S. for a week after the surgery to ensure Avi didn't get an infection, or begin to bleed internally, etc., and then returned to Ethiopia. 

Two weeks at the maximum would have been plenty of time to take care of the things Ariela told Biniyam were the reasons for the trip.

But OH NO. Ariela kept Avi away from his father for TWO MONTHS.

What if Ariela, Biniyam, and Avi were all living together in the U.S., and Biniyam took a trip to Ethiopia to attend a family event, bringing Avi with him.

Do you think Ariela and her parents would be fine if that trip to attend a family event stretched into a two month visit?

That would never happen, because if Biniyam and Avi were still in Ethiopia two weeks after the family event I can guarantee Ariela and her mother would hop on a plane to Ethiopia and once there, they would snatch Avi away and be on the next flight back to the U.S.

Ariela and her parents know full well Biniyam doesn't have the financial resources they have, and because of that, they can do anything they want regarding Avi. Biniyam can't fight back.

I hate Ariela because of this. 

If Ariela hadn't left Ethiopia with their son and stayed away for two months, Biniyam wouldn't have had all that free time to build a recording studio in their basement. Or party with his buddies every night. Or hook up with other women.

Who knows if all of what Ariela was told about Biniyam's activities while she's been gone are true? Maybe the frequency of Biniyam's extracurricular activities were exaggerated. You're familiar with the children's game "Telephone"? I mention this because I suspect Ariela was given this information third or fourth hand. 

There's no doubt Biniyam was scared to let Ariela and Avi go to the U.S. because they might not come back to Ethiopia. That fear has been churning deep inside Biniyam, and he won't be free of it until Ariela and Avi are back home with him.

I suspect if he was doing the things Ariela was told he'd been doing, it's because he was trying to forget. Forget they might not come back. Forget he might never see his son, or the woman he loves, ever again. Forget that if Ariela and Avi don't come back, he can't fight for his rights to see his son. 

Sometimes people who are really scared about something do stupid things just to get a break from thinking about it. Not that it makes what they do okay, but it does make it understandable.

Regardless, Biniyam wouldn't have been able to do whatever he did for as long as he did it if Ariela and Avi had come home after two weeks - which would have been plenty of time for Avi's surgery and recovery - instead of keeping their son away from his father for two months.

• Love 12

Wasn't she in the US for a month before the surgery was scheduled?  She could have scheduled the surgery from Ethiopia, flown to the US a few days before before the surgery, then flown back a few days after, so being gone only a week.  Or do I have the timing wrong?

• Love 2

I noticed that in many of the interviews before she left Ethiopia Ari tacked on that the purposes of the trip included spending time with her family.  So it seems like she always planned for an extended stay, not to fix the hernia and return promptly.

• Love 4