Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Written In The Stars

• Start Topic

Ari is unsure if Bini will join her; Corey goes all out to win back Evelin; the family astrologer reveals Jenny and Sumit's fate; Alina worries if Steven will marry her; Armando's anxiety spikes waiting to see if his dad will show up.

• Love 1

I doubt that the astrologer can say exactly what is what. Interactions are destined. The universe has no idea what a relationship is. Jenny and Sumit probably have some sort of karma to work through. Will they last? Who knows? Sumit's mom is not going to let this go.

Ari and her mom are going to Kenya? Where does that family get all that money from? Trips to Africa are expensive. Hopefully Ari went to the mall and bought some new clothes to stock up.

Truffles looked lovely in her wedding outfit. Kenny, please stop crying. Hope you are happy to see your daughter and grandson.

• Love 6

The house that Sumit and Jenny live in seems pretty grand and posh compared to the apartment they used to live in.  I guess the parents will probably resign themselves to their own home now that the astrologer says they’re not needed there lol.  So strange Jenny hasn’t learned any of the language of the country she’s been living in for ten years 😒

• Love 10

Ari is unsure if Bini will join her in Kenya.  Corey goes all out to win back Evelin.  The family astrologer reveals Jenny and Sumit's fate.  Alina worries if Steven will marry her.  Armando's anxiety spikes waiting to see if his dad will show up.

Watched it.  Need to process.  No Chin Beard.  Ari is.....Ari.  She will be living with her mom and dad forever.  

Kenny cries.  Again.

FF through Corey and Evelin.  He is painful to watch.

Sumit.....oy.  Please pack up Jenny's stuff and put her on a plane. Based on this episode and the promo for next week you are NEVER getting married again.  I don't think I need to put that in a spoiler tag as the entire Western hemisphere knows this to be true.

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

I am really looking forward to seeing what impact the astrologer's visit has on MamaSummit's attitude and behavior.  She certainly did not like being scolded!

The senior Sumits, Jenny, Sumit, Sumit's brother and the astrologer are all in it together and are angling for their own spin-off.  That's  my theory. and I am sticking with it.   I think Sumit gave up on his hopes that Bollywood would be calling and is trying to get their own show.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Sumit.....oy.  Please pack up Jenny's stuff and put her on a plane. Based on this episode and the promo for next week you are NEVER getting married again.  I don't think I need to put that in a spoiler tag as the entire Western hemisphere knows this to be true.

Mama Sumit knows her son!!!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Twopper said:

The senior Sumits, Jenny, Sumit, Sumit's brother and the astrologer are all in it together and are angling for their own spin-off.  That's  my theory. and I am sticking with it.   I think Sumit gave up on his hopes that Bollywood would be calling and is trying to get their own show.

I would watch that!!

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

I apologize if I created it after the original.  I hadn't seen that one had been started for tonight's episode, so I started one.  

No worries.  We only judge the fools on our screens, not each other.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Chloe Dog said:

I can't really comment on the astrologer's skill in astrology; he was more of a Captain Obvious, but he didn't do too bad as a family counsellor.  Maybe he makes more money with a hocus pocus gig?

Probably the answer to their questions was so much simply common sense that he didn't need to draw up a chart.  But Jenny and Sumit's destiny is written in the stars?  What were those stars thinking?!

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No worries.  We only judge the fools on our screens, not each other.

Please tell me your name is an ode to Natalie and her fascination with root beer being an alcoholic drink.

Ari is just horrid.  Yelling at him, talking down to him, interrupting him berating him.  Girl, please don't try to change him.  You got raw dogged by a guy who earns $1000 a year in a beautiful yet poverty filled country.  What were yuo expecting?

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

SteVen’s laugh is so creepy. I can’t believe four or five women let him get near enough for skoodlypooping.

He's a 25-year-old man who calls it "skoodlypooping," for God's sake. How much you want to bet he doesn't even know how sex works?

(I love your screen name, by the way. Incorporates two of my very favorite things.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Surprised to see some snarkers here. Correct me if there is a live thread chat I should be on instead. I think Jenny just thinks she won the battle…what she doesn’t realize is she might be done with the war. 
   I don’t think Kenny going to see his family is going to bode well for his relationship with Armando. I think he knows it too. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Surprised to see some snarkers here. Correct me if there is a live thread chat I should be on instead. I think Jenny just thinks she won the battle…what she doesn’t realize is she might be done with the war. 
   I don’t think Kenny going to see his family is going to bode well for his relationship with Armando. I think he knows it too. 

I don’t know that he has gone to see his family.  His daughter and grandson came for the wedding, no?  Or am I behind on what’s happened…..

12 minutes ago, b2H said:

I don’t know that he has gone to see his family.  His daughter and grandson came for the wedding, no?  Or am I behind on what’s happened…..

Oh I might be confused. Now it looks like they are visiting Kenny. My bad. 

• Love 1

Aris says she cannot believe how much Binny has changed.  Has she looked in the mirror recently? 

I think she went back fro plastic surgery, the baby’s surgery was just an excuse:  

I also loved how she said “she “ rented an apartment for 3 months.  Doesn’t she mean her mom rented an apartment for 3 months? 

Also how will they work out a visitation schedule when he has no money?  Will he just fly over to the US every other weekend?   She is just so dumb. 

Edited by Katie111
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

Why did Ari have an interpreter, that was so ridiculous, and why does she think she is in charge of everything, Ari and her mother disgust me.  And I figured out part of why she’s so ugly….her eyes go downward at the outside ends which is kind of unusual I think, even though her mother has much smaller eyes, they’re like that too.  Avi was so excited to see Bini.

• Love 14

It probably costs a pretty penny to fly back and forth to Africa. Not to mention food and decent lodging. Ari is fortunate to have such wealthy, supportive parents. 

It really doesn’t matter if Sumit’s parents stop meddling in their relationship, because he will never marry Jenny. He is always going to have an excuse as to why they can’t get married. Mark my words.

Even if Armando’s dad shows up at their wedding, Kenny will find something else to whine and/or cry about.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Ari is a piece of work, isn’t she? Her irritation with Bini for not answering her phone calls is understandable, but when she complains about him playing with his son I lose any sympathy. He hadn’t seen the baby for months, what did she expect?

I’m so confused the show I was watching just had Ari and mom packing and a flash of Cory thanking Evaline  for allowing him to prove himself to her again and then I get preview of Ari with the ugly crying and it goes right into The Family Chanel pillow talk. 
maybe I better see what the heck happened. Was there anything further of Jenny after the astrologer leaves? 

Just now, athousandclowns said:

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo

Poor Jenny...when MamaSumit had her talk with Jenny and said she loved and accepted her, Jenny was so happy and thought the battle was over and it was time to get married.  But Mama says she will not give her blessing to the marriage, says later she still hopes Jenny will leave, Sumit doesn't want to set a time to get married, and from the preview it seems like he is saying he doesn't want to get married at all.  Gee, what a surprise!

Steven and Alina...the glow from the proposal didn't take long to wear off.  He is still stalling about getting married, and he wants to get Alina locked in to getting baptized.  Hey girl, there is still time to get yourself back to Russia and freedom!

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

He's a 25-year-old man who calls it "skoodlypooping," for God's sake. How much you want to bet he doesn't even know how sex works?

(I love your screen name, by the way. Incorporates two of my very favorite things.)

The license plate on his car reads ASSMAN like in that Seinfeld episode.

• LOL 13

When Svengodly and Alina were joking about and the subject of her signing a paper promising to get baptized, no he wasn’t playing around when he began to tease her about it afterwards. He wanted that paper. Ideally he would get her baptized before marriage, because then if he doesn’t marry her at least he saved another person. It’s probably too early this morning to be taxing my brain with this. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Ari is fortunate to have such wealthy, supportive parents. 

I think Janice meddles more than Sumit's parents and it is very unhealthy. Ari doesn't fly from the nest in part due to her mother. Ari is not well. 

My heart soared for Armando. He contained himself so well on the phone but my heart soared for him in that moment. 

Kenny's daughter (Madison?) looks just like him same square chin and RBF.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Even if Armando’s dad shows up at their wedding, Kenny will find something else to whine and/or cry about.

Kry.  Kryin’ Kenny will Kry.

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

This relationship between Sumit and Jenny has been going on for many, many years.  Supposedly, Sumit's parents consult with this astrologer for advice on the regular about most decisions in their life, but for sure on those most important decisions.  So, why has the subject of how to treat Jenny and Sumit's relationship NEVER come up before???  Why is this the first time Sumit's mama has heard someone tell her to stay in her own lane and leave them alone???  Sumit's mom has just been on a roller-coaster ride from hell.  First the victory of shaming the DIL, getting away with insulting and browbeating and humiliating her.  Then, to be shamed for doing so on INTERNATIONAL television.  How does it feel NOW, Mama Sumit???

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Did you notice how quickly Ari turned over the care and feeding of baby Avi to Bini and went to bed? Then left him with her mom the next day so she could talk (YELL) at Bini about how awful he is. I guess the trip to the US with the baby on her own was her stint at taking care of her baby for the next 18 years or so by herself!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

It’s probably too early this morning to be taxing my brain with this. 

I feel ya.  Why I am thinking about these fools this early is a mystery.  For example, Jenny has been diddling with Sumit since 2013?  2014?  She is a stage four clinger and he needs to send her back to US and block her entirely.  Then again she would probably say "Geez I dunno......Sumit is not taking my calls.  I wonder why?"  He got into bed, literally, with a 63 year old version of Nicole (of Nicole and Azan) and will never EVER let go.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, endure said:

Why did Ari have an interpreter, that was so ridiculous, and why does she think she is in charge of everything, Ari and her mother disgust me.

What a fool Ai is. Bini should have forcefully asked what she was thinking and dismiss the interpreter. The interpreter probably felt foolish for being there after realizing she was in no way needed. Bini needs to speak up, that's the premise for a lot of these stories - one partner never speaks up for themselves while the other one is a belligerent loud-mouth and demanding fool.

Ari needs to absolutely step down from her pedestal and consider Bini an equal partner who gets to have a say in their relationship and their son. It's Ari's behavior that is turning Bini off, but our dear Airhead isn't capable of any insight into her own damaging behavior. And her crying to Bini how sorry she is for him. What the heck was that all about? Drama queen, victim, innocent, suffering little girl. Oh, how much she has gone through. Bull. She has no idea how her "order" of moving to Kenya might have a damaging effect with Bini. You discuss dear, not order. Grow up, little girl. You are clearly not ready for a relationship. Plus her mom supporting her unconditionally and not looking at the truth is an enabler.

Such a great moment when Bini was reunited with his son. He clearly adores Avi.

• Love 20
25 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I feel ya.  Why I am thinking about these fools this early is a mystery.

I'm blaming it on the time switch and not really wanting to work this Monday morning, lol...

Just rechecked: While Hindi is considered difficult for an English speaker to learn, it's not as hard, as, say, Arabic (which I tried studying some years back and failed miserably). Jenny has had 10 years to learn it...we already know she's not the brightest bulb in the drawer on a number of things but I suspect she probably thinks that since Sumit is going to be by her side every waking moment so she doesn't need to learn it. Thing is, at one point she was looking for work...I believe English is one of India's official languages but that doesn't mean she's going to be able to get away with using it exclusively.

And yeah, why is the astrologer just now cussing out Mama Sumit after 10 years? I smell shenanigans on somebody's part. That said, I do think Mama Sumit's taking a different tack may end up paying out in the (not so) long run, based on next week's preview.

Is there anyone here who DOESN'T think Papa Armando is going to show up at the wedding? Anyone? Yeah, didn't think so...

Is it me or is Kenny's neck heading into Jenny territory?

Hannah and Cooper playing together was adorable. However, whose idea was it to give him the nickname "Coopy"? Ugh...not every kid's name works with a long E added to it.

One kid's name that does work with it is Avi, who I still think is the cutest thing this franchise may have produced. Both of his long-E parents, though...It occurred to me that Ari's parents probably paid for the Addis Abeba house, so I imagine they'd feel some kind of way about Bini turning it into his studio/playhouse/whatever. That said, Ari has a lot of nerve thinking she can just command Bini to pick up from his home country and go to Kenya for however long her parents have rented the new place.

Every week I'm annoyed by the breathtaking levels of entitlement I see from these American women...but I keep coming back for more for some masochistic reason. (Actually the real reason is the fact that my teenage niece is obsessed with the franchise...but I'm patiently waiting for her to grow out of it...)

TLC, I don't care that you showed two things I love -- cats and playing Speed -- I still don't like SteVen and I still think Alina should cut her losses and run while she still has the chance. Also, I still don't care about Cory and Evelin and in fact I FFd through their scenes this episode.

Edited by ExMathMajor
had to place blame ;)
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Kid said:

I missed most of the show last night but with my luck, caught some of the A&K segment. I know I'm in the minority, but my god, how boring is their life. Why must I be privy to such insignificant drivel? I kept thinking, when is this segment going to end, why am I sitting here watching the most uninteresting story line ever scripted? Why are they talking about nothing and the endless will-dad-attend-the-wedding-or-not-attend-the-wedding chit-chat? Mind numbing!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I don't know? Bini still seems absolutely useless to me.

I think Ari is equally useless……if it weren’t for her parents support they would be beggars on the street IMO

Edited by endure
  • Love 12