Type keyword(s) to search

S2.E06: Becca Evans Part II

• Start Topic

That was hard to watch.  Marcus was kind of a dick about the whole thing.  WJH is 41 in real life -- not like, 25.  So...... for him to be so irresponsible and apathetic is weird, to me.  Maybe Marcus is playing, like, 30?  I don't know.

No, Marcus is definitely mid-30s at the very, very youngest. If he was 25, he wouldn’t be as highly paid as he apparently is*. And he said the kids conversation with Emily had initially been postponed till they turned 30, and then they kept on punting on it. And now he’s a couple years divorced, so that’s 34 at least… but he’s probably older than that.

* but man Becca Evans is in a completely different income tier from Marcus. Back in episode 6, whew, I don’t think I’ve ever even imagined renting a hotel suite that has two floors.

I wonder what this season’s endgame is. To me, Marcus and Mia don’t seem like a forever thing, if only because they’re maybe getting started as a couple in the next episode, which will be seventh of ten. But also just because I’m not convinced they’re a great couple. Sure, they had some strong chemistry in the first episode, which is a few years ago in show time. And they’re friends now, albeit with a sort of weird suppressed romantic energy underneath. But hell, it’s not like Marcus knew right away he wouldn’t be down with Ola’s crystals/psychics/general woo stuff.

Okay, yes, he was definitely skeptical right away, but as with the whole spark vs fireworks thing with Ola, I think he thought he could talk himself into  the parts of Ola he didn’t like.

vs with Mia, definitely there’s serious fireworks but IMO there’s still a lot of potential incompatibilities that could derail the whole relationship.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:17 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

That was hard to watch.  Marcus was kind of a dick about the whole thing.  WJH is 41 in real life -- not like, 25.  So...... for him to be so irresponsible and apathetic is weird, to me.  Maybe Marcus is playing, like, 30?  I don't know.

Yes, Marcus is definitely mid 30s at least, but it was a hard episode to watch. Mainly because I thought it was ridiculous that Becca's pregnancy was considered a miracle marvel. I'm not sure how old she was supposed to be, but considering she had teenagers, depending if she started in her late 20s/early 30s, I'm guessing she's in her mid-to-late 40s. The show was going on as if she were 65. An older actress should've been cast instead. While they gave Leslie Bibb a soccer mom wig to "age" her, she's in her mid 40s IRL. She isn't that far apart in age from WJH, although he's playing younger. 

I don't think the pregnancy should've been introduced in the first place since it went nowhere. The path is clear for Marcus and Mia to be together, so what was the point? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I don't think the pregnancy should've been introduced in the first place since it went nowhere. The path is clear for Marcus and Mia to be together, so what was the point? 

I feel like the potential fatherhood got Marcus to focus in a way where he'd kinda been drifting along, rather than consciously setting his own path.

On 11/6/2021 at 11:52 PM, arc said:

till they turned 30, and then they kept on punting on it.

I thought a bit more about it, and if Emily "kept getting new IUDs", plural, then he's probably more like late 30s.

On 11/16/2021 at 12:44 AM, arc said:

I thought a bit more about it, and if Emily "kept getting new IUDs", plural, then he's probably more like late 30s.

Latecomer to this show and just watched most of season 2 last night. Marcus and Ida attended their parents'  35th wedding anniversary celebration. If Marcus is older than Ida, he's probably no older than 34. Not that it means that he couldn't have been conceived out of wedlock and older than 35, but his parents are both academics and probably waited a bit before marrying and starting a family.