Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Giving Thanks

• Start Topic

This was such a filler episode...Honey Boo Boo and Mama June are realllllly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Yuck. 

In the Queen of Hearts segment they had a clip of Robin wearing a burgundy leather jacket saying "That was amazing." And yet he was wearing that obvious cheetah print jacket...these editors do not deserve any awards.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Lilac2000 said:

This was such a filler episode...Honey Boo Boo and Mama June are realllllly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Yuck. 

In the Queen of Hearts segment they had a clip of Robin wearing a burgundy leather jacket saying "That was amazing." And yet he was wearing that obvious cheetah print jacket...these editors do not deserve any awards.

He could have been making that comment at a different time, but he was wearing that same jacket when he made a comment about the beach ball being eliminated.  Either that's inexcusable editing or they tape all of their 'off the cuff' comments are taped separately and the continuity person (I assume they are no longer called 'script girls') is inexcusable.  Or both.

Most everybody had the right idea about it being reality people or a duo intentionally going for laughs, but Robin Thicke should be taken out back and smacked for saying Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs.  I don't know about Kat, but Beth Behrs is a damned singer!  I saw her a few years back, I think on a Hamlisch tribute, and I she did a tongue twisting version of Dance 10, Looks 3 (replacing the  T&A with other rhyming phrases) that KILLED!

And now I want Dennings and Andrew WK on the next season of Masked Singer...

• Love 3

So, if they're going to insist on Wild Cards, I'd rather they all be the Honey Boo Boo type - easy eliminations that keep better singers in the competition. Yes, some of the Wild Cards have been good singers/performers, but my sense of fairness is offended on behalf of those who have been in it from the beginning, and might get the boot because of someone just waltzing in and taking votes. Maybe I'm just grumpy today. 

Joel McHale should go back to just scruff. Full beard is a no from me, dawg.

• Love 3

I thought it was pretty obvious that Beach Ball was planned to be a one-and-done, because of the costume.  It looked like it was put together by the local elementary school art classes.

• Love 3

Did anyone else notice that Honey Boo Boo didn't seem all that happy?  Especially when her mother was talking?  It doesn't seem like there is much of a reconciliation going on there.  If there is, it is in the very beginning stages.  She was kinda rolling her eyes or looked bored when her mom was talking.

• Useful 1

I believe they said it was the last Wild card of the season.    I guess Joel McHale also getting to make a first impression guess was a clue that Beach Ball was getting kicked.    Also they were the worst performance of the night.

So Mallard is the Duck Dynasty guy for sure, Chris Pratt's hint made sure we knew.

Queen of Hearts is Jewel and man she can sing. She's putting on the southern twang in the clue package.

Zooey and Lamorne is a fun guess. But the last time they worked together was amazing (New Girl) so no. But he does play the piano very well. David Foster and Kat McPhee is still my guess. Also, Zooey's voice is quite deep, and Lamorne sings well. He wouldn't be benched. David and Kat.

Caterpillar is a Backstreet Boy. I thought he sounded like Trevor or Ashley from OTown, but I think their arrest records are clean. Twitter thinks it's Bobby Berk (of Queer Eye) and I am open to that. Also a BB.

Beach Ball doesn't deserve any comments from me. If ya can't say anything nice! 🤐

Edited by BoogieBurns
5 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

So Mallard is the Duck Dynasty guy for sure, Chris Pratt's hint made sure we knew.

I just watched this episode, and my first thought was Willie Robertson.  The picture of Abraham Lincoln is a nod to the beard (I think), and the guys at the dinner table had little duck noses; and a family member who said something that drew scrutiny was his Dad.  I thought it was pretty obvious.  How were the judges not seeing it?  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Meedis said:

I believe they said it was the last Wild card of the season.    I guess Joel McHale also getting to make a first impression guess was a clue that Beach Ball was getting kicked.    Also they were the worst performance of the night.

Not just the night - all of the episodes of all the seasons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Destiny007 said:

Did anyone else notice that Honey Boo Boo didn't seem all that happy?  Especially when her mother was talking?  It doesn't seem like there is much of a reconciliation going on there.  If there is, it is in the very beginning stages.  She was kinda rolling her eyes or looked bored when her mom was talking.

That, and because HBB ain't happy unless she's in the spotlight.

12 hours ago, P2C2E said:

I was commenting recently how I thought they must pitch correct because even the bad singers aren't horrific. Everyone is at least on key. Then Beach Ball happened.

I had to fast forward because of how off key they were. 

Also, HBB said that her mom started talking to her as soon as she found out that HBB was doing the show.  Sounds like her mom reached out as soon as HBB was in another show but not before that.  Sad.

• Useful 1

I think they wanted a lot of pairs for this season. My guess is they wanted both Honey Boo Boo and Mama June so they reached out to both. That discussion of doing the show led them to reconnect. My speculation anyways.

But they definitely focused on pairs this season.

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m wondering if Mallard is Jeff Bridges.  He’s a country singer and has famous family. 

He really sounded like Willie Robertson (Duck Dynasty) to me, but that doesn't mean I'm right!!  The clues with the family at the dinner table was a big one.  They signed off of each episode of Duck Dynasty with the family around the dinner table.   I'll be shocked if it's not him.  

On 11/4/2021 at 11:51 AM, Destiny007 said:

To be fair, rolling her eyes and looking bored when her mom talks was kinda her brand all along. It just plays differently when you're five.

• Love 1