Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E03: Week 3

JenE4
  • Start Topic

We kept referring to Jamie as Crinkle Face.  His expressions were hilarious.  He had to pinch the top of his nose to try and think of something to say when the guys faced off against him.  He was not as good at talking his way out of things as he thought he was.  Did he really forget he was on camera for everyone to see?

I wonder if Michelle ever found out about Peter throwing the jacket in the pool?  Did he really think that move would impress Michelle?  Why are these guys so stupid?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

If you told me these “movie stars” were any two random contestants this season, I wouldn’t have given it a second thought. Are we sure about this? I’m guessing their IMDB entries don’t consist of much more than this episode of The Bachelorette and the apparently upcoming Top Gun 2: Electric Bugaloo.

Oh, hell no. These guys might be speaking Italian and Spanish while on this gyroscope thing, but I’d be spouting Latin as my soul left my body and the demons took over.

I have no idea who the white guy was but Jay Ellis is legit. He is currently on Insecure.

I know I shouldn't laugh but when dude (because I'm not bothering to learn names just yet) ran off after discovering his jacket in the pool all I could hear was "my grandma gave me that chain" 😂😂

redd GIF

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, JenE4 said:

If you told me these “movie stars” were any two random contestants this season, I wouldn’t have given it a second thought. Are we sure about this? I’m guessing their IMDB entries don’t consist of much more than this episode of The Bachelorette and the apparently upcoming Top Gun 2: Electric Bugaloo.

The African-American actor is one of the stars of INSECURE which is a show I love, and I squealed with joy when I saw him.  He plays Laurence, a major love interest for Issa Rae and he is FAB.  Have no idea who the white guy is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I was thinking last night that I don't think this show will ever be the same again.  So many people faking sincerity and coming on for all of the wrong reasons (lol).  At least before most of the time people created drama to try to win the heart of the Bach / ette, but now the drama comes in all sorts of insincere forms--and it really hasn't made it better for the viewers or the person that is trying to find someone.  

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, alexa said:

I was thinking last night that I don't think this show will ever be the same again.  So many people faking sincerity and coming on for all of the wrong reasons (lol).  At least before most of the time people created drama to try to win the heart of the Bach / ette, but now the drama comes in all sorts of insincere forms--and it really hasn't made it better for the viewers or the person that is trying to find someone.  

I completely agree- a lot of these guys seem way too rehearsed and insincere and I miss the pre-social media days of The Bachelorette when the guys were given info about the upcoming dates on VHS tapes that they watched as a group.  I'm going to see this season through since I paid for it on Amazon, but I feel like these guys are acting way too overeager and I highly doubt that any of them approach women in person or on dating apps with this level of fake and over the top emotional availability and romance.  Some of them sound like they're reading from a dating app love scammer script. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

The African-American actor is one of the stars of INSECURE which is a show I love, and I squealed with joy when I saw him.  He plays Laurence, a major love interest for Issa Rae and he is FAB.  Have no idea who the white guy is.

So surprised to see that Jay Ellis is playing such an alpha type in the new Top Gun movie, given that Laurence on Insecure is definitely not an alpha.

18 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Michelle's gold dress was beautiful! 

So I am rarely one who can spot the time shifts and inconsistencies, but I saw them with this episode.  In the actual episode, I thought Michelle's makeup looked nice, her hair looked lovely parted on the side, and her earrings complemented the dress.  In some of the ITMs/THs they showed, her makeup looked heavy-handed, her hair was flat and parted down the middle, and she wasn't wearing earrings...but she was wearing the same dress.  So obvious that it was not filmed at the same time as the actual events.

23 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

third, that is a multi axis trainer, it does not simulate g-forces.  It’s if you get in an out of control spin.

That was so baffling as to why they said it simulates g-force.  Did they (the producers, since I doubt the actor came up with that on his own) think that sounded more impressive?  All it did was end up making the actor look stupid and ill-informed.

22 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I love the producers dropping that fourth wall and airing all the crap that Jamie said for all of us to hear.

The producers must dislike him, like many, many, many viewers.

Seeing that fourth wall scene made his departure all the more gratifying!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
On 11/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, JenE4 said:

Your pizza business isn’t even open, bro! That made me laugh. I relate to Joe just siting there quietly and grabbing his wine.

Ha, was that Joe? I'm still trying to get the names straight and there are a couple of guys I keep getting confused. 

I can't get a read on Joe, I wanted her to send him home in the first episode because it seemed highly suspicious that he lost interest in talking to her IRL but showed up to "get to know her" on the Bachelorette. But then the basketball episode happened and I understood Michelle's interest, extreme talent is always attractive, especially since it's an area of interest for Michelle as well. And the staring into space and drinking his wine was funny. But I can't shake the first impression of him as a player and he's got kind of a flat affect.

As far as the insults, this episode had a couple gems: "Is the dude with the frosted tips coming after me? Come on, Frosty..." (paraphrased) 

I missed the last 2 episodes live due to work which sucked because I love  Michelle and was hyped for this season. A Top Gun date! They definitely spent more on Michelle than Katie. Casey seemed nice. 

LOL, when I first saw the airplanes, I thought they might be doing dogfighting (it's been done with contestants on RW/RR challenges, etc, so it can be done) and I was like damn, they must have saved ALL the money for Michelle, cause Katie's dates were balloons hung on the ceiling of a Best Western hotel room. 

I love the producers dropping that fourth wall and airing all the crap that Jamie said for all of us to hear.

The producers must dislike him, like many, many, many viewers.

Jamie's path was certainly interesting, he seemed like an arrogant dickwad, then on the 1-1 date, he came across as genuine, and then back to dickwad and straight spiral downward. His arrogance was almost scary, you can see the disregard for those he deems beneath him, which is nearly everyone. I suspect that he's one of those guys who would get REALLY insulting really quickly if there was an argument.

I noticed that were at least 2, maybe 3, men wearing turtlenecks. Is that a thing now? 

And I can't get over how much Casey looks like Dax Shepard!  

He looks like if Harrison Ford and Dax Shepard had a son.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I finally got to watch this episode last night and can't get over how adorable Rodney is!  After reading all the comments here about how rehearsed and scripted so many of these guys are, it makes me wonder how many women would jump at the chance if Rodney were the next Bachelor.  Not a typical pick for sure, but I bet the response would be surprising!  Rodney sure seems a lot more charming and fun than what's-his-name that they picked.

Michelle is amazing and deserves a Rodney in her life!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Jamie's path was certainly interesting, he seemed like an arrogant dickwad, then on the 1-1 date, he came across as genuine, and then back to dickwad and straight spiral downward. His arrogance was almost scary, you can see the disregard for those he deems beneath him, which is nearly everyone. I suspect that he's one of those guys who would get REALLY insulting really quickly if there was an argument.

He strikes me as someone who would hit on a woman at a bar and when she gently turns him down, would say to her, "Well, you're a dumb fat bitch and I just asked you out because I felt sorry for you." I'm genuinely surprised he didn't have a talking head saying something along those lines, especially considering what he said to the producer during his little sidebar.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, JenLily said:

He strikes me as someone who would hit on a woman at a bar and when she gently turns him down, would say to her, "Well, you're a dumb fat bitch and I just asked you out because I felt sorry for you." I'm genuinely surprised he didn't have a talking head saying something along those lines, especially considering what he said to the producer during his little sidebar.

Same! I wonder if he did go on some of kind of "she's not fit for my lifestyle" diatribe and production left it on the cutting room floor to spare Michelle and to not give him the last word. For how much that guy ran his mouth the whole time, I find it impossible to believe that he'd go that quietly. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Interesting they aired the mic talk with the Producer. They weren't hiding what a egomaniac he was.

Peter throwing the jacket I'm the pool was childish. Glad she cut him without even having the other guys tell her.

Naytes reactions to Jamie's multiple versions of what happened was funny.

Joe kind of reminds me of Derek Jeter. 

She sent Clint Eastwood grandson home.

Loved the glitter halter part of her dress.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
On 11/2/2021 at 7:13 PM, JenE4 said:

Oh, hell no. These guys might be speaking Italian and Spanish while on this gyroscope thing, but I’d be spouting Latin as my soul left my body and the demons took over.

I tapped out on this season about halfway through the first episode, but I do like to read the comments. So I was curious who the "stars" of Top Gun 2 were that appeared.

I had an inkling Glen Powell was one. He is certainly not a star, but I wouldn’t be quite so dismissive of his career. He has appeared in a couple of big movies, such as The Dark Knight Rises, and Hidden Figures. Small roles, but they count. And he was the best part of the Richard Linklater film "Everybody Wants Some". If you haven't seen it, do check it out. And Top Gun 2 appears to be what hopefully will be a breakout role. I believe he's playing the sequels equivelant of Goose. Though not Goose's son, who is being played by noted douchebag, Miles Teller.

As for Jay Ellis, I had no idea who he was, and still really don't after seeing his IMDB page. Though I guess I have seen him, as he appeared in Mrs America, the Phyllis Shlafly mini-series starring Cate Blanchett. But as with anything Cate Blanchett related, you'll have to forgive me if I don't really notice her co-stars. 

• Love 1
On 11/6/2021 at 7:07 PM, Ciarrai said:

Thank god; that dude was hideous. Not as hideous as Ed from Tayshia's season, but close.

I'm confused.  LT is Clint Eastwood's grandson.  I don't remember much about him--why was he hideous?  Is he being confused with Peter?

7 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

I'm confused.  LT is Clint Eastwood's grandson.  I don't remember much about him--why was he hideous?  Is he being confused with Peter?

No, I found LT very unattractive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Is it just me or does it seem like Michelle is usually the one leaning in for the kisses, not the guys?  Not sure if they are intimidated by her or if maybe some of them are not as into her as they claim to be.  

She is. I've rarely seen the guys kiss her first. 

I think the guys are not attracted to her. 

• Love 4