Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Pete’s Wife

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

Probably whatever he's done everyday for the last several hundred years.

The same thing he does everyday Pinky! Plan to take over the world! Muauauhhahaha (sorry, couldn't help myself) Maybe he decided to check out the ant show in the Brit Shed, or follow Flower around because he was worried she'd fall in a well, maybe the cholora pit ghosts hired him to tell stories, maybe he was off fluffing his feather (wink wink). So many options. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

The same thing he does everyday Pinky! Plan to take over the world! Muauauhhahaha (sorry, couldn't help myself) Maybe he decided to check out the ant show in the Brit Shed, or follow Flower around because he was worried she'd fall in a well, maybe the cholora pit ghosts hired him to tell stories, maybe he was off fluffing his feather (wink wink). So many options. 

OMG, “fluffing his feather”! I snorted. Wake up, babes, new euphemism just dropped. 
I wonder how satisfying fluffing one’s feather would be. Hetty certainly seemed satisfied, but in the first season, Sas noted that when ghosts try to fluff each other’s feathers, they can’t finish.  Different for boys? We need more stories on this subject!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Wow, I was not expecting to cry, but that ending got me.

I like that it played out exactly as you knew it was going to, that it would turn out the wife and the best friend had been having an affair, but then it shifted in the end, with Sam reading from his guide book and Pete heeding his own words about forgiveness.  And then Mini Pete in his little scout outfit tumbled out of the car, and I was done for.

I have always rolled my eyes at couples who have rules about watching things together, so I laughed and laughed at Thor and Sas's argument about that ridiculous reality show.  And I love that Sam keeps offering to change the channel, but they insist, no, they want to keep watching so they can make fun of how stupid it is. 

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Bastet said:

And I love that Sam keeps offering to change the channel, but they insist, no, they want to keep watching so they can make fun of how stupid it is. 

I wonder if they've discovered primetimer yet. lol I can imagine them spending all day demanding Sam (or Trevor if they're not in a rush) post their thoughts. Especially Sas, I think he'd love forums. 

And yes, this ep had me bawling. I love a comedy that can make me cry because they put character above punchlines (but still this show brings the punchlines) so that I am super invested in them. I just want to give Pete a big old hug. He really is just a sweet, sweet, guy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I wonder if they've discovered primetimer yet. lol I can imagine them spending all day demanding Sam (or Trevor if they're not in a rush) post their thoughts. Especially Sas, I think he'd love forums. 

I am going to be laughing about this for a while. It is so, so true!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

OK, if anyone affiliated with the show reads here, you need to suggest this to the writers.  It would make a great B plot for an episode!  It doesn't even have to be Primetimer specifically; I just want to see everyone argue over what to post in what forum and get addicted to catching up (FOMO) and such.  

• Like 4

In one episode of The West Wing, Josh got onto an online forum, argued with other people, and said they were all wearing muumuus and smoking Parliaments.  The real forum (televisionwithoutpity at the time) joked about getting matching muumuus for all of us.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

And yes, this ep had me bawling. I love a comedy that can make me cry because they put character above punchlines (but still this show brings the punchlines) so that I am super invested in them. I just want to give Pete a big old hug. He really is just a sweet, sweet, guy.

It really says something about the talent of the writing and the cast that we can get so emotional over a storyline with a character that we'd only known for six episodes up to this point, too. I remember when I first watched this episode and that bit with Little Pete came up, my reaction felt almost involuntary, just immediately wiping away tears. I still get emotional whenever I watch this episode and that part comes up. 

And yes to Pete deserving a hug in general. He means well and he just wants the best for everyone, and cares about everybody so much <3. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 11/6/2021 at 5:19 PM, Sakura12 said:

Interesting that they threw Trevor's story in with Pete's. I wonder what they will do with now since they didn't make him a father. I'm also thinking Pete's unfinished business is not seeing his wife and daughter, but maybe dealing with the person that killed him. It was an accident, but he died and has a right to be bitter about it.

I wondered how long that specific troupe lasted after Pete's death. Whether or not therapy was as much of a thing in 1985, there had to have been some traumatized little girls that day, not to mention whichever one shot the arrow. And even though this is a comedy about dead ghosts, it nevertheless impressed me how Pete was shot through the neck at close-ish range and not only did it not kill him instantly, but he was able to speak out instructions and he wasn't massively spurting blood.

I also wondered what possessed Carol to tell Sam and Jay, two strangers, that she cheated on her dead husband with his best friend, unless she'd been living with that guilt for forty-ish years and hadn't told anyone else. (Which reminds me that I LOLed at the ghosts' reactions in the background to that little tidbit, and later in the episode I loved Alberta and Trevor's reactions specifically to the reveal of Little Pinecone Pete. I love how supportive all these ghosts are of each other XD)

I'd no doubt be a producer nightmare on "It's Getting Hot In Herre," because I'm never cold enough to wear a coat, except for getting in and out of the car when it's literally freezing outside. I'd never sit around inside a house and wear one, lol. Thor and Sass getting hooked on that show and arguing about binge-watching it together versus separately cracked me up, and what made it even better was how the only thing Thor learned is that he could do bad things and apologize later :p.

(LMAO at him insulting Alberta's hat :D)

Jay's starting to learn how to roll with the ghosts always being there and how weird everything in their life is now. I love how he can almost anticipate when they show up during a conversation. "Hey, whoever my wife yelled at to get out, get out."

Why is it not surprising in the slightest that Trevor is the ghost that thought he could have had a daughter? What a tragedy it was you didn't reproduce, indeed. Tell him, Sass :D. 

Hey, where was Hetty??

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I wondered how long that specific troupe lasted after Pete's death. Whether or not therapy was as much of a thing in 1985, there had to have been some traumatized little girls that day, not to mention whichever one shot the arrow.

Right? How many nightmares did those poor kids deal with for weeks, months, possibly even years after that tragedy? 

I do like Pete trying to excuse himself to a more private spot in a desperate attempt to spare the girls any further trauma, though :').

I also wondered what possessed Carol to tell Sam and Jay, two strangers, that she cheated on her dead husband with his best friend, unless she'd been living with that guilt for forty-ish years and hadn't told anyone else. (Which reminds me that I LOLed at the ghosts' reactions in the background to that little tidbit, and later in the episode I loved Alberta and Trevor's reactions specifically to the reveal of Little Pinecone Pete. I love how supportive all these ghosts are of each other XD)

This cast is great with the background reactions to things - they're never just standing around waiting for their turn to speak, they're always doing something or making some facial expression or whatever, and it really helps add to the scenes and is a great way to keep everyone involved and invested in the action in some way. 

Good question about Carol's admission - I imagine just getting the book in and of itself stirred up a lot of emotions for her, but yeah, it is interesting how open she was to these total strangers about her life with him. 

I'd no doubt be a producer nightmare on "It's Getting Hot In Herre," because I'm never cold enough to wear a coat, except for getting in and out of the car when it's literally freezing outside. 

I absolutely love that you put so much thought into this, LOL :D. 

Jay's starting to learn how to roll with the ghosts always being there and how weird everything in their life is now. I love how he can almost anticipate when they show up during a conversation. "Hey, whoever my wife yelled at to get out, get out."

I love his running thing in this episode where he keeps referencing sci-fi movies and how everyone sleeps with their mom at some point. Alberta's reaction to that always cracks me up: "Dude is really hung up on that..." XD. I love it when Jay gets to totally nerd out and put his movie knowledge to use. 

Hey, where was Hetty??

Ha, yeah, this is a question you'll be asking about the ghosts in general in these early episodes. It would've been interesting to see her reaction to all the goings-ons this episode, too. 

• Like 1
On 4/30/2023 at 11:33 PM, Annber03 said:

I absolutely love that you put so much thought into this, LOL :D. 

Yet, somehow, that show does seem dumb enough to be an actual reality show one of these days, doesn't it? LMAO XD. Creators of The Bachelor, come on down, set a season in Alaska!

• LOL 1