Type keyword(s) to search

Dexter New Blood in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BetterButter said:

Considering this is on the list of people’s best series with worst endings it’s kind of a fun idea to give the show a chance to fix itself.     We know Dexter is still alive and even if the show doesn’t backtrack it still can play with the idea that Dexter has people out there that might want to find him for better and worse.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh yes!  I just came by to post about this. I am SHOCKED!   I hope they make some serious changes, because the last few seasons were not very good, imo.  I watched all seasons back in the day. I’ll give it a chance. 

I am shocked and surprised too! I am all in!  It will be interesting to see where exactly the pick up from. I could do without any lumberjack scenarios.

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, crimsongrl said:

Ghost Deb? 🤞😆

That's a great idea! You know, she and her dad could follow Dex around the way his dad used to do.  

I'm hoping that Hannah is not involved.  I'm open to all others. 

• Love 8
On 8/11/2021 at 5:46 PM, Colorado David said:

I am happy this is set in NYC, totally different vibe than Miami. I expect it to be more hectic and tense with Dex not so laid back.

Not NYC. Upstate New York State. Definitely not the same thing! Still very different than Miami though.

• Love 2

BONUS EPISODE: Merry F*cking Kill - The Trinity Killer

Three is the magic number, or is it? In this episode, Molly Park finds anomalies in the story about Arthur Miller aka The Trinity Killer, a slasher who traveled the country and killed in threes. Spoiler alert: he didn’t.

2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Dexter trivia...

I got the number of kills right. How do you know when you've watched too much "Dexter"? 😲

Has anyone read any of the books? I got the first two. They're bizarre and Dexter is quite different than he was on the show. Deb too, but the changes that were made for the series were very good ones.

• Love 1

Dexter: New Blood Post-Mortem: Writer Scott Reynolds Says, "Everyone's Trying to Find Their Connection"

Scott Reynolds is a writer and executive producer on Dexter: New Blood. With Warren Hsu Leonard (former lawyer for the LA Dodgers), Reynolds wrote Dexter: New Blood Season 1 Episode 6 -- "Too Many Tuna Sandwiches" -- which sees every major character reach a turning point in their journey.

We (TV Fanatic) sat down with Reynolds to get the behind-the-scenes scoop of this riveting hour of television. MAJOR spoilers for Episode 6 ahead!

Tom Hiddleston, Michael C. Hall and More Weigh In on the Importance of Character Redemption

When reprising his signature role in “Dexter: New Blood,” Michael C. Hall was intrigued to pick up the titular serial killer Dexter Morgan years later as an isolated being who is now both less willing to rationalize his dark compulsions and remorseful of the consequences — the death of many of his loved ones — of his actions.

“He’s someone who’s been contending with the collateral damage of his behavior,” says Hall. “If Dexter were a total sociopath, he would’ve disappeared from Miami and just continued killing. But the fact is, he hasn’t. He has some sense of responsibility that he’s taking. He’s telling himself a story about himself that is quite different from the one he was telling when we met him way back when. He does refer to himself as a monster, but an evolving monster.”

Whether redemption is on the table for a character such as Dexter still remains to be seen. Hall notes that he is “contending with a desire to cultivate some access to purity and then a shadow desire to just completely surrender to his dark impulses in a way that he never has.”

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 1

Dexter: New Blood Season 2?

Showtime’s President of Entertainment Gary Levine On Possible Renewal

“Dexter is a limited series and any further discussions of Dexter will have to wait until we finish airing the limited series and see where we are with our stories and our characters,” Levine said. “Dexter was really designed to have a proper conclusion to the series, and I believe we will deliver that in the best possible way.”

So, what can be so shocking in the season  finale that breaks the internet?  Lol. Well, I’m not sure but I suppose it’s a positive thing, considering how negative things were with the last finale.  I’m betting that Hannah shows up as a surprise.  Not a good thing imo. 

Dexter: New Blood Wrap-Up Podcast Episode 14 I Unfair Game I SHOWTIME (1 hr 9 mins)

Director Sanford Bookstaver and writers David McMillan and Tony Saltzman join Executive Producer Scott Reynolds to talk about Dexter’s epic showdown with Elric Kane, the race to save Harrison and other pivotal moments from Episode 8, “Unfair Game”.

I had no idea Michael C. Hall played the lead in the musical Lazarus created by David Bowie. I saw clips from the documentary about the last 5 years of Bowie’s life.  Amazing performance!  Here’s a clip of a recorded song from the show. 

Hall realty is versatile. 

• Love 3

One of his wildest performances, which had people calling for him to be the next Joker in Batman, is this one in a movie called "Gamer". I don't know why they used Sammy Davis Jr's version to dub the song, since MCH is a great singer.

• Love 1

Dexter: New Blood Wrap-Up Podcast Episode 15 I The Family Business I SHOWTIME

Clancy Brown joins Executive Producer Scott Reynolds to discuss his journey as Dexter: New Blood “big bad” Kurt Caldwell. Director Marcos Siega and Director of Photography Hillary Spera also talk about bringing Episode 9 “The Family Business” to life.

Dexter EP Clyde Phillips Unpacks That 'Brutal and Intimate' Confrontation: The Finale 'Ends the Way It Has To'

TVLINE | Did Michael C. Hall know up front that Dexter would be dying, and if so, what was his initial reaction?
CLYDE PHILLIPS |
 This all happened about two and a half years ago, so I’m not sure if it was the first or second meeting, but he knew early on that Dexter was going to die. He understood that that was the right decision. If Dexter keeps getting out of a jam every single time then we’re doing a superhero show. We wanted to bring as much humanity as we could to the ending of the show, and to say goodbye to the character with dignity and integrity.

TVLINE | Were any other endings ever discussed or considered?
There were no other endings discussed. We always knew that it was always going to be Harrison taking out his father. How he got there was the product of 10 great writers in a writing room for a year and a half coming up with all the nuance and all the psychology of it. It’s a very brutal and intimate moment when this happens, but I think it ends the way it has to end.

TVLINE | Was there ever any pressure from [Showtime’s President of Entertainment] Gary Levine or any other higher-ups to leave things open or to keep him alive?
No, actually. Gary and [Showtime Chairman and CEO] David Nevins and Michael C. Hall were all in agreement. And Michael is an executive producer on the show, and it’s not a vanity title. He’s very active. He’s in music and casting meetings, he’s seen all the cuts and gives notes on them. Saw all the outlines and scripts. We pretty much knew from the beginning where we were going with it, which you kind of do in each season, otherwise you don’t know how to write the intervening episodes. What’s the psychology and subtlety you want to add to it? What’s the easter egg you want to put in there? What’s the justification you want to put in there?

Michael C. Hall breaks down ‘Dexter’s’ finale do-over: ‘Be careful what you wish for’

Michael C. Hall, who plays Morgan, predicts that the finale for “Dexter: New Blood” will spark a similarly strong response. The episode not only brings a definitive close to Morgan’s vigilante campaign — it also depicts the end of Dexter Morgan.

“Some people will have predicted it, and some will be shocked by it,” the actor said in a Zoom interview last week. “Some people will accept it, some people will reject it. I think it will be difficult for people to grapple with his fate given that he is someone that they have spent a lot of time with and have a lot of affection for — at least in some cases.”

But Hall, who was also not pleased with how the original series ended, is satisfied that this ending is the right one to conclude the “Dexter” saga.

While the ending may be jarring for many fans, Hall is pleased: “The way the season concludes is one that resonates with me. It feels justifiable. As upsetting as it may be, I hope audiences will appreciate the resonance of Dexter dying this way at the hands of his son.”

He added, “People moaned about an ending that was admittedly open-ended and without any sense of closure. He flashed a Dexter-like smile: “I guess you have to be careful what you wish for.”