Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Way Home

Bort
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:
11 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

She probably got that sweater in the fort at the 'Really Old Navy' outlet.

No, silly.  The Gap.

Slapping my head that I didn't think of that right away. Although, to be fair, I didn't even notice that she was wearing a different sweater--I was too distracted by her arrogance and stupidity.

• Love 8
On 11/2/2021 at 10:15 PM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

What next, Jimmy Hoffa?

Well, some say that Elvis is alive. Maybe that's where he went

20 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

This was downtown Los Angeles.... where are all the rotting corpses?

I was just about to snark about that. The sinkhole is huge but we only see a few cars, some pieces of building and 30 people. The traffic was terrible but somehow people working in the buildings that collapse might have jumped really far just before the whole thing got eaten by the hole.

8 hours ago, meatball77 said:

Why is no one trying to hunt or build shelter?

Or find some source of reliable water, growing a garden, exploring possible plants to be used as food. Instead, they are waling around aimlessly waiting for Eve to tell them what not to do, or to run

• Love 7
On 11/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, Amy Beth said:

Also, according to last night’s episode  there are only 30 remaining survivors. That seems like a small number given the size of the sinkhole. Were these folks somehow chosen to survive or is that just because 100s of survivors just wasn’t practical for making a TV show?

I truly thought the plane would take off and crash, eliminating all those extraneous survivors that aren't part of the main cast.  Of course, we do need redshirts to be electrocuted.

On 11/3/2021 at 11:37 AM, iMonrey said:

There are so many things on this show that are unnecessarily stupid. Levi knows that just going through the rift broke his plane. In fact everything that has come through the rift, including the drones, has crashed. What on earth makes him think he can just fix the plane and it'll be fine for multiple trips through the rift? 

Exactly.  Every plane that's come thru has crashed, but Levi thinks his miraculously repaired plane will magically make multiple trips thru the rift BEFORE it closes in a couple hours?

If Eve and Mary Beth were so worried about their kids being on the plane, they should have just given up their spots.  Tied up the kids in the woods and said "Oops, can't find them, must be on a nature walk, who's next to get on?"

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, madmax said:

If Eve and Mary Beth were so worried about their kids being on the plane, they should have just given up their spots.  Tied up the kids in the woods and said "Oops, can't find them, must be on a nature walk, who's next to get on?"

I sorta disagree with you here. I don't think Cop Mom and Eve could physically restrain Dumbass Drug Dealer or Wolf Snack. 

I also disagree in that he's a dumbass but Dumbass Drug Dealer is clearly an adult and has every right to disagree with his mom on a major personal decision. Wolf Snack is still technically a child but really, he's not five. 

I respect the whole love aspect, but really there's love and then there's control freakery. Dying in the crash versus slowly dying by sabertooth or starvation - mommies don't get to decide which is best. 

• Love 2

The timeline is wonky.  Eve had to actually bury her letter ( or lose her ring ) before those items was found.  This episode they find a crashed plane that just appeared but have time to warn them before it crashes?  Huh?   Plus they are in the past,  nothing you do in today’s timeline  will change the past.  
Who decided Eve was in charge ? 
By the way Eve, maybe explaining to Josh that Gavins’ visions were real and that he was the reason Levi flew there would help Josh regain faith in  his Dad. 
Not interested in the drug dealer or his mom. Panic guy can disappear. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I keep waiting for someone to say this .

Eve is not a survival expert nor does she have any medical training. She once found mushrooms for people to eat . The only thing she seems qualified for is telling other people to run. 😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I will throw Eve a bone. Eve decided Eve was in charge and no one disagreed. With the exception of Seal Doctor, no one seems interested in leading the group.

Eve isn't a great leader at all, but its not like she's standing in the way of someone else.

• Love 7
On 11/2/2021 at 9:17 PM, Melina22 said:

Snark value is literally the only reason I continue to half-watch. 

I believe this show was designed for members of this forum. I can't stop laughing at all the cliches throughout the episodes.

I can usually predict what each actor will say during the scenes.

It reminds me of Lost, but is much funnier to watch.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 11/3/2021 at 9:44 AM, Amy Beth said:

Shouldn’t the excavation team have found that?

I imagine the crash took place in a different spot from where the plane exploded, but I agree that the excavation team should have found it.

On 11/5/2021 at 12:33 AM, mythoughtis said:

The timeline is wonky.…This episode they find a crashed plane that just appeared but have time to warn them before it crashes?  Huh?   Plus they are in the past,  nothing you do in today’s timeline  will change the past.  

Yeah.  
Although the Top-Siders could potentially find the damaged plane any time after 10,000 years ago (tomorrow, 2 hours ago, last year, 1969, 2,000 years ago,  etc.), they haven’t been giving us any precise indication of when the Top-Sider scientists found the wreckage——that is, whether before Eve and everyone got swallowed by the wormhole, before the plane wrecked, before they blew up the plane, etc.

They should have used CGI sepia filters with a 24-esque time stamp in the lower corner of the screen to indicate precisely when the scientists discovered the plane wreckage and that Gavin et al. learned about it a couple of dramatic hours before it happened.

Otherwise, we’re left wondering how does the wormhole let them send the iPad or plane back to precisely 10,000 years ago + the time for the plane to get damaged + a couple of hours so the Below People can see the iPad falling out of the sky before the Below People do something stupid (like fly the plane without checking the altimeter sensors, or shoot holes in the plane, or kill the plane’s engineer)?

There could be some hand-wavy explanation, like rocket boosters to make it fall at almost the speed of light so it can time travel backwards faster.  
But sepia flashbacks are less Star Trekky.

And they should have ended the episode with the Top-Siders finding the remains of a plane appearing to be completely charred, and the assumption would be that the human remains were undetectable ash, which Izzy would defiantly refuse to accept——and they should introduce Izzy’s interesting friend who is a sci-fi fan and believes: no bodies==no deaths.

Edited by shapeshifter
time whimey clarity
  • Love 1
On 11/4/2021 at 9:33 PM, mythoughtis said:

The timeline is wonky.  Eve had to actually bury her letter ( or lose her ring ) before those items was found.  This episode they find a crashed plane that just appeared but have time to warn them before it crashes?  Huh?   Plus they are in the past,  nothing you do in today’s timeline  will change the past.

Think of it as San Dimas Time

On 11/4/2021 at 9:33 PM, mythoughtis said:

Eve.

She acts like she's in charge and then she goes off on whatever quest the episode calls for so everyone back at camp just says: OK, whatever, Eve.  Although now that she actively fucked things up for everyone, there may be a referendum on her leadership.

Or find some source of reliable water, growing a garden, exploring possible plants to be used as food. Instead, they are waling around aimlessly waiting for Eve to tell them what not to do, or to run

Or playing softball!

• Love 1
On 11/2/2021 at 7:48 PM, Lady Calypso said:

[H]ow did they know where exactly to find Pilot Lady since none of these idiots (except for maybe Scott) know how to track for someone? Yes, Pilot Lady said something about Santa Monica, but Pilot Levi and All Hollow's Eve would still need to know how to get there.

On 11/2/2021 at 8:05 PM, KaveDweller said:

Levi said they'd use a compass and the stars to get to Santa Monica, but I am not sure how that works. Santa Monica isn't a specific coordinate, it is a whole town/area. Yet somehow they pull up right by Diana's camp. And I guess didn't run into any obstacles when driving.

Pilot Lady said she was by the "rock formation", so they drove to the general direction of the Pier and found it, then her.  One of the lesser "Huh???"s on this show.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:10 PM, tkc said:

The Amazing Green Light (TM) transports Carrie Anne Moss from the set of The Matrix to Santa Monica c. 10000 BCE, where she plays a character who simultaneously fulfills the “red shirt” and “bury your gays” tropes!

On 11/3/2021 at 3:08 PM, Lugal said:

Wait until they meet Dr. Nathan.  Your fiance survived for three years down there, and then we got her killed, our bad.  And I won't comment on the fact it was the lesbian fiance that dies.  Well, not after this. 

Two of the 5 or so people killed were gay (mechanic's boyfriend) or lesbian (Pilot Lady).  Not a good look in 2021.  (As soon as Pilot Lady showed up, my wife said "She's dead." LOL

• Useful 1
55 minutes ago, JH Lipton said:

Pilot Lady said she was by the "rock formation", so they drove to the general direction of the Pier and found it, then her.  One of the lesser "Huh???"s on this show.

I guess these characters have a better sense of direction than me. I seriously get lost with highway signs and GPS, and that's after looking up directions ahead of time. These people manage to find what they need with a compass and a little luck.

9 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I guess these characters have a better sense of direction than me. I seriously get lost with highway signs and GPS, and that's after looking up directions ahead of time. These people manage to find what they need with a compass and a little luck.

Levi is Air Force, so he's a bit more trained on finding a route with compass and terrain markings than you or I.  From aerial views of Los Angeles, he would know to just keep the mountains to the right and you're good to go.

levis route.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/2/2021 at 10:44 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

The appearing/disappearing plane wreckage in the present was hilarious.  Does that also mean that the bodies surrounding the plane disappeared.

I would assume so since the wreckage was from Levi's attempt to fly the plane back up through the crack in Amy Pond's wall, not from his initial crash.  At least I think that's what that was all about.  But who knows, this story keeps getting more convoluted every week.

Stoner Guy is still entertaining, though, so I'm sticking with it for now, if only to see how much crazier it will get.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:44 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Eve and Cop Lady also decide to stupidly try to shut down the operation, as if they're the dictators to make everyone's choice for them, only to stupidly kill Pilot Lady AND somehow shoot the fuel tank and exploding half the plane anyway.

I believe it was Pilot Lady's shot which hit the fuel tank, but who really knows.

On 11/3/2021 at 10:44 AM, Amy Beth said:

If they leave it where it is now, why would it have disappeared? I understand the lack of bodies since there were no passengers,  but physically the plane still exists. Shouldn’t the excavation team have found that?

Maybe the crash was in a different spot from where the plane currently is?  Idk, that's all I got.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Levi's plane didn't land in the settlement area - they had to go hike to get to his plane.  Last night when Eve and Cop Lady showed up, Levi wanted to know where the passengers were - they were going to be ferried to the plane by jeep.  The excavation sight is where they are settled.  So, when the plane crashed with people on it, it crashed in the settlement area.  When the plane didn't take off, it disappeared from the excavation site because it will now decompose away from that site where it originally landed.

This is a better explanation.

On 11/3/2021 at 5:00 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Shouldn't the Tar Pits have a gift shop with t shirts too?

Yep, they could all be wearing the green t-shirt with the sabertooth cat I bought there.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:
On 11/3/2021 at 5:00 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

Shouldn't the Tar Pits have a gift shop with t shirts too?

Yep, they could all be wearing the green t-shirt with the sabertooth cat I bought there.

If the gift shop also sells sabertooth cat repellent, that might be pretty useful as well. At least find some books about the wildlife.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

If the gift shop also sells sabertooth cat repellent, that might be pretty useful as well. At least find some books about the wildlife.

On this show, they might as well have Stoner discover heretofore unknown ginormous pre-historic mice with which to distract the Saber-teeth.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

On this show, they might as well have Stoner discover heretofore unknown ginormous pre-historic mice with which to distract the Saber-teeth.

Or find a giant ball of yarn to distract the Saber-teeth or maybe a laser pointer.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Or find a giant ball of yarn to distract the Saber-teeth or maybe a laser pointer.

Or a box. They love boxes no matter how big the cat is.

image.thumb.jpeg.675be68ab818c06ed3494209addeb1c5.jpeg

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

oooh, I know the solution!  The create big circles all around the camp.  Make them out of stone, or rope, or torn clothes.  Everyone knows cats can't resist sitting in circles.

image.png.b8ee3c08fd8399f84521564bac059490.png

Maybe this explains all those crop circles...  maybe the aliens are just trying to capture big cats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, JH Lipton said:

Two of the 5 or so people killed were gay (mechanic's boyfriend) or lesbian (Pilot Lady)

The man who died was a rando; they just showed a scene of him talking to the mechanic and glasses-free man and then he walked off to be electrocuted (or whatever the heck happened to him).

On 11/2/2021 at 7:15 PM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I can't even with Eve and Cop Mom. The plane has to take multiple trips anyway so maybe suggest a test flight? Or just let people decide for themselves whether they want to take the risk? Instead, no, shoot one of the two pilots you have dead and shoot the plane so it's disabled. Yeah, Eve just believe your drunk psychic husband for no reason and get people killed over it.

The time travel makes zero sense. The wreckage from the plane appears and disappears in the current timeline yet they can send a drone down that lands there before the flight? It's a frggin hole in the sky, not a time machine that allows precise timing of drones carrying audio messages.

The dialog on this show is the worst. Pilot Lady asks about her fiance, "How is she doing?" "I mean, does she seem well?" Yeah, we get what you mean by "How is she doing?" lady.

Now they are adding in gold from 1863? What next, Jimmy Hoffa?

Of course the scientist lady gives the drunk psychic dad a cryptic message before jumping out of the plane. Why not just tell him in no uncertain terms what is up? No, we have to have a mystery over what started in 1988.

Flight 19?  HA!

• Love 1
On 11/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, JH Lipton said:

Two of the 5 or so people killed were gay (mechanic's boyfriend) or lesbian (Pilot Lady).  Not a good look in 2021.  (As soon as Pilot Lady showed up, my wife said "She's dead." LOL

Well naturally a person coming into the show several episodes in will die shortly.  As to the lesbian/ gay point- what’s the %-age of LGBTQ population compared to the total population in the US?  I think it is over 10%?   The number of deaths in this show includes those shown on camera plus an unknown number of deaths when the sinkhole happened, plus at least a couple of members of the flight crew after the last sinkhole. So at least a couple deaths should be a LGBTQ person, right? 

Edited by mythoughtis

The problem with shows like this is the "rescue" is always anticlimatic because the show must go on, and it was obvious no rescue would occur.  This type of story might be better suited to a movie or something, since red herrings like this are annoying to watch on a series, this early in Season 1.

As others said above, Levi was pretty dumb to think he could make multiple successful trips when he experienced going through the portal and was briefed on what happened to the drone and that previous mission.  I'm surprised everyone wanted to be on the first flight.  I know the sky was "closing" but surely some people would have been fine with letting others be the guinea pig.  Wolf Snack was being a little twit with his daddy issues.  I would have been happy to see Drug Dealer be the sacrifice.  

The drive to Santa Monica "near the rock formations!" sure went smoothly.  How convenient, eh?  No animals or violent crazy people or anything. Technically, that whole trip could have been its own episode.  I liked Diana, and would have wanted to see more of her.  Plus now we won't get a reunion with her fiancé.  But I guess they can't have any characters around who actually have useful information, eh?  As others said, they should have asked Diana a million questions about survival and what she knew about the various threats in the area.  Clearly, she had been attacked or why else was she so paranoid?  But now she's dead, so no more answers (convenient for the Writers so they can continue to string us along).  Ditto (no more answers) with cryptic government lady who jumped out of the plane, until the next time she pops up and probably dies after giving another vague clue.  It was fun on "Lost" the first time 'round, but I feel like I'm losing my patience more and more with these copycats when they try to pull the same stunts.

• Love 2