Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Way Home

Bort
  • Start Topic

With time running out before their window home closes, the survivors hatch a final escape attempt, but that plan is put into question when they receive a stark warning from Gavin that it will end in disaster, forcing Eve to make an impossible choice.

Airdate: 2 Nov 2021

I can't even with Eve and Cop Mom. The plane has to take multiple trips anyway so maybe suggest a test flight? Or just let people decide for themselves whether they want to take the risk? Instead, no, shoot one of the two pilots you have dead and shoot the plane so it's disabled. Yeah, Eve just believe your drunk psychic husband for no reason and get people killed over it.

The time travel makes zero sense. The wreckage from the plane appears and disappears in the current timeline yet they can send a drone down that lands there before the flight? It's a frggin hole in the sky, not a time machine that allows precise timing of drones carrying audio messages.

The dialog on this show is the worst. Pilot Lady asks about her fiance, "How is she doing?" "I mean, does she seem well?" Yeah, we get what you mean by "How is she doing?" lady.

Now they are adding in gold from 1863? What next, Jimmy Hoffa?

Of course the scientist lady gives the drunk psychic dad a cryptic message before jumping out of the plane. Why not just tell him in no uncertain terms what is up? No, we have to have a mystery over what started in 1988.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9

Wow, Eve and Worst Cop Ever really messed things up for everyone else. I can see if they didn't want to get on the plane, but if other adults wanted to take the risk, let them. I am not sure if Josh is technically an adult or not, but they're in 10,000 BC so I think he's close enough. I would want to try, especially after Levi and Diana fixed the plane.

So, I guess there have been a lot more than 5 sinkholes, since DHS probably wasn't tracking things in 1863. I guess that's where the "natives" came from, since it turns out not to be the people from the Mojave team. Or maybe other older sinkholes.

• Love 11

I hadn't looked to see if the show was going to be on next week, I thought the way it was playing out that they were setting up a mid-season finale or something. Quite a bit actually happened this week ! ( Not much made sense, but what else is new ??)

I kind of guessed that when the boys found something buried that it wasn't the drugs- no way stoner guy dug a hole that deep ! And then my first thought was buried gold, I don't know why except I have watched a lot of treasure hunting shows, but I really didn't expect it to be Civil War era ! I wonder how they are going to explain that ? Were the hut people from that time period ? Didn't seem like it, but who knows ?

I'd just let everyone else go home while I stayed and claimed all that California land, it's going to be worth millions someday ! Well, that's about as good of a plan as drug dealer guy has- does he think everyone else is going to be fine with him taking very heavy gold on the plane ? By the way, gold is REALLY heavy, that many bars that size would weigh, at a minimum, 500 lbs. Maybe more, we didn't actually see all of them, I doubt. 

• Love 12

Wolf Snack is in a wee bit of a snit now, isn't he ?

The appearing/disappearing plane wreckage in the present was hilarious.  Does that also mean that the bodies surrounding the plane disappeared.

How did Confederate gold (it was stamped with CSA) end up in California -- let alone 12,000 years ago ?
Was there a sinkhole in Savannah, Georgia during the Civil War and then any survivors of that sinkhole dragged the gold all the way to where LA would be only to bury it ?  Or do all of the sinkholes open in the same exit point in the past ?

How come Aldridge never showed up after parachuting from the plane ?  Did the light strip close and she went splat at the bottom of the hole ?

When Aldridge said to remember that date -- Nov. 16, 1988 -- I was kind of hoping she was going to say Nov. 5, 1955.  That's a red letter date in the history of science. #backtothefuture

Has anyone considered wrapping a note around an MRE attached to a parachute and throwing it in the hole ?  Or lowering a bucket on a very long rope ?  Instead we get a drone with an iPad.

The gunfight at the plane was beyond stupid.  How about they take a test flight first, see if it works, and then start shooting.

Doctor Seal Dad really gave up quickly trying to revive Diana. Like he wasn't even trying.

• Love 10

And I continue to get snarkier as the episodes go on.

Ok, so apparently this Sinkhole of Green Light allows for REAL TIME to pass between La Brea and Prehistoric La Brea. It's allowed Gavin to have time in between getting arrested and becoming The Rescuers Down Under by shipping off a phone with a video message, but it's apparently not allowed them to figure out that, with real time passing, that they can't very well take their sweet ass time to get down there.

Speaking of that, Eve stares wistfully at the green light as it's seconds from closing, waiting for Gavin, but being too stupid to realize that even if he came down at that precise moment, there'd be NO TIME for him to fly everyone back up. Literally no time whatsoever. 

Also, Gavin conveniently forgot that he has a son in Prehistoric La Brea as he only addresses his message to Eve and not Wolf Snack. 

Eve and Cop Lady also decide to stupidly try to shut down the operation, as if they're the dictators to make everyone's choice for them, only to stupidly kill Pilot Lady AND somehow shoot the fuel tank and exploding half the plane anyway. I mean, I'm just not gonna question the fact that one tiny ass bullet was able to destroy that thousands of pounds worth of plane. 

It's a shame, because Pilot Lady was halfway alright.

Once again, the show doesn't know whether to have Scott be the Village Idiot or the History Teacher, because everyone's treating him like a goddamn dumbass who can't even tie his own shoes because he's so high, yet he's literally the ONLY one providing them ANY information whatsoever. Also, Drug Dealer Son? He turned into some kind of cartoon character with his "I'M RICH" exclamation. His eyes just needed to separate from his face and fly forward ten feet. 

Also, the fact that Scott clearly calculated the exact time the green light would close (convoluted reason, but eh, I'll take it) and then the characters STILL asked Pilot Lady and looked shocked when she gave a more general timeline. If y'all had asked Scott, he would have given the PRECISE time it would close. Stop treating Scott like the useless one in the group. 

Good, Pre Med only had two lines. Too bad one of those lines was her "flirting" with Wolf Snack instead of, you know, being concerned that her dad may not have gotten on that first flight if she was begging for that last spot. Yeah, Wolf Snack, in all of your six days of knowing him, apparently means more than your dad. 

So, Psychic Dad tells Raspy Voice Daughter (I can't think of her name anymore) last episode that all she had to do was say don't go and he wouldn't. This episode, she tells him exactly that and he decides that....he's gonna hesitate until she begs him to not go? 

And, once again, everyone acting like this Sinkhole of Green Light will NEVER EVER come back, despite them having PROOF that that's not the case. I get "worst case scenarios" and all that, but they're all LEGITIMATELY acting like this is their only shot. 

I know they'll have some convoluted reason for every Green Light sending them pretty much to Prehistoric La Brea, but I don't think it'll make sense. 

Though, one thing to comment on that was...kind of alright, was the characters occasionally questioning things brought up by us viewers (such as how the team got to La Brea, and the stupid ass note, and there was something else a character brought up that was an issue last episode).

Poor Ty. I knew the Veronica stuff would lead to her also being kidnapped....but seeing how the show had her be abusive to Lily right off the bat, I can't say I care much for her sympathy arc. Just let her get eaten by a wolf. 

Wolf Snack being mad at his mom...works better than any of the other plots he's been given. Having him half glare is his current MO anyway; he doesn't have many facial expressions to begin with, so at least they're working with what they got.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Amy Beth said:

When and how did they get a car running? That was a major plot point and then, no pay off.

THAT'S THE OTHER THING I WANTED TO COMMENT ON BUT FORGOT. Yes, I thought they established that none of their vehicles work. Did I miss the explanation that this Jeep came from Pilot Levi's plane? Because, if I did, then they really needed to establish that better. And if they did, then why would the government decide to put a car on a plane? And if they got the Jeep working, how? And how did they know where exactly to find Pilot Lady since none of these idiots (except for maybe Scott) know how to track for someone? Yes, Pilot Lady said something about Santa Monica, but Pilot Levi and All Hollow's Eve would still need to know how to get there.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

THAT'S THE OTHER THING I WANTED TO COMMENT ON BUT FORGOT. Yes, I thought they established that none of their vehicles work. Did I miss the explanation that this Jeep came from Pilot Levi's plane? Because, if I did, then they really needed to establish that better. And if they did, then why would the government decide to put a car on a plane? And if they got the Jeep working, how? And how did they know where exactly to find Pilot Lady since none of these idiots (except for maybe Scott) know how to track for someone? Yes, Pilot Lady said something about Santa Monica, but Pilot Levi and All Hollow's Eve would still need to know how to get there.

The last couple of episodes Tony had been working to try and get one car working, but wasn't very successful -- until this episode.  I guess.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, willco said:

I hadn't looked to see if the show was going to be on next week, I thought the way it was playing out that they were setting up a mid-season finale or something. Quite a bit actually happened this week ! ( Not much made sense, but what else is new ??)

I think the original order was for 6 episodes and then they were given the go ahead for some more. So it makes some sense that this episode felt finale-like.

14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

They did have that one guy who had been working on the car in every episode say, "We finally got the jeep working." So it was a throwaway line, but kind of lame we didn't see them getting it to work. 

Levi said they'd use a compass and the stars to get to Santa Monica, but I am not sure how that works. Santa Monica isn't a specific coordinate, it is a whole town/area. Yet somehow they pull up right by Diana's camp. And I guess didn't run into any obstacles when driving.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

How did Confederate gold (it was stamped with CSA) end up in California -- let alone 12,000 years ago ?

Can't answer the 12000 years ago but... there were several plots by the Confederacy to establish strongholds in Arizona, California and the Pacific Northwest. 

Is it just me or are people in the past rapidly losing their American accents?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1

How did they get the jeep running? Does it have a full tank of gas? It won't last long and the fossils aren't exactly fuel yet. And no way to get them out of the ground.

So the cult 'sister' took off? Where? To be eaten by one of the animals?

What a dumb plan to take off in the plane and try to go through the aurora light/time rip. Ask for volunteers. It could be a go nowhere trip. I also didn't get the timey wimey bubbly wubbly stuff of the plane magically appearing in the present with bodies and then disappearing. Doesn't make much sense. There seem to be a lot of questions but no real answers and I'm wondering if there is a plan somewhere or whether it's being made up as it goes along and the writers will get in to a corner. The iPad is another. How is that going to help them? It only has about 9-10 hours of battery life.

They could have sent a cruise ship down. At least the folks living there would have had apartments.

Of course Psychic Dad let them down. They can't end this show too fast. It would work better as a limited 10 ep series. Kinda dumb to not tell him what is going on and jump out of the plane.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

It just occurred to me....when whatshername jumped out of Gavin's plane were they over the sinkhole? I was thinking she was just going on the run, but is it possible she jumped into the sinkhole?

That's exactly what she was doing.

These people are too unpleasant to live. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

This week on La Brea:

The Amazing Green Light (TM) transports Carrie Anne Moss from the set of The Matrix to Santa Monica c. 10000 BCE, where she plays a character who simultaneously fulfills the “red shirt” and “bury your gays” tropes!

Too bad the AGL doesn’t connect this forum to the La Brea writers room! 🤪

Edited by tkc
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The last couple of episodes Tony had been working to try and get one car working, but wasn't very successful -- until this episode.  I guess.

I guess that maybe it was an older model Jeep without all the computers so Tony was able to get it working. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 
Poor Ty. I knew Veronica was going to knock him out. She had long since drunk the Kool-Aid and was completely brainwashed. As a shrink he should have had a clue. I still like Ty though. 
Didn’t Diana shoot the plane? Not on purpose. I liked Eve until that bone-headed move of stopping the flight with Cop Mom. Maybe whatever Levi and Diane did fixed the problem.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

How did they get the jeep running? Does it have a full tank of gas? It won't last long and the fossils aren't exactly fuel yet. And no way to get them out of the ground.

They could probably siphon fuel from other cars. That won't last forever, but should be enough to keep it going for a while.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Not to worry, I'm sure a few gas stations fell into the sinkhole too, we just haven't seen them yet. I keep watching this, like a train wreck, and last night I watched live and kept switching between it an Vanderpunp Rules. That's how bad it is, I can't decide which show is worse. I assume I am not supposed to be hoping they all get eaten by some totally fake looking prehistoric animal, right?  Honestly every time I watch this I just keep thinking they cancelled Manifest to have room for this? Seriously? 

Edited by chlban
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, mertensia said:

That's exactly what she was doing.

These people are too unpleasant to live. 

This. If you could get past all the other absurdities, I just don't like these people. Any of them. 

• Love 2

A question about Levi’s appearing and disappearing plane. 

If they leave it where it is now, why would it have disappeared? I understand the lack of bodies since there were no passengers,  but physically the plane still exists. Shouldn’t the excavation team have found that?

Also, according to last night’s episode  there are only 30 remaining survivors. That seems like a small number given the size of the sinkhole. Were these folks somehow chosen to survive or is that just because 100s of survivors just wasn’t practical for making a TV show?

• Love 4

Also, Drug Dealer Son? He turned into some kind of cartoon character with his "I'M RICH" exclamation. His eyes just needed to separate from his face and fly forward ten feet. 

This. He's like Dr. Smith on Lost in Space. "I'm rich!" How, exactly? Gold has no value in 10,000 B.C. and you have no way of getting it home. And as I asked last week, how the hell did he think he was going to get kilos of heroin back home? Did he think he'd just roll onto the rescue plane laden with great big bags of heroin and everyone would like "OK whatever?" This guy is just too dumb to live.

There are so many things on this show that are unnecessarily stupid. Levi knows that just going through the rift broke his plane. In fact everything that has come through the rift, including the drones, has crashed. What on earth makes him think he can just fix the plane and it'll be fine for multiple trips through the rift? 

Is Homeland Security only monitoring the sinkhole visually? Is that how Nathan and Gavin managed to get a drone down there? 

Why is it that every time Eve & Co. encounter someone new they are always greeted with hostility? "You spend enough time down here and you start to see everything as a threat," said Pilot Lady. Really? Even people wearing modern dress? Wouldn't you see them as the potential saviors you've been hoping for the last three years, instead of a threat?

That vape pen cannot possibly have any juice left in it. This is LA, does no one on set know how vape pens work? 

We're only six episodes in and I'm already tired of everyone topside being all cagey about what they know. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

How are the men staying clean shaven? Why aren't the women fighting over hair care products? 

This was downtown Los Angeles.... where are all the rotting corpses?

Why was Diana still wearing her crisp flight uniform 3 years into her ordeal?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This. He's like Dr. Smith on Lost in Space. "I'm rich!" How, exactly? Gold has no value in 10,000 B.C. and you have no way of getting it home. And as I asked last week, how the hell did he think he was going to get kilos of heroin back home? Did he think he'd just roll onto the rescue plane laden with great big bags of heroin and everyone would like "OK whatever?" This guy is just too dumb to live.

Why is it that every time Eve & Co. encounter someone new they are always greeted with hostility? "You spend enough time down here and you start to see everything as a threat," said Pilot Lady. Really? Even people wearing modern dress? Wouldn't you see them as the potential saviors you've been hoping for the last three years, instead of a threat?

I guess the Drug Dealer isn’t interested in finding the heroin anymore.  Given his reaction to finding the gold bars his motivation is money more than anything else plus being an idiot.  Those gold bars could have been taken anytime after the Civil War, why would they be there at that time in the first place if they have no value in 10,000 BC?  Maybe the bars are connected to someone in that hostile group.

Like what was said already upthread, a test flight would have been a good idea.  Let the loudmouth with the glasses take the flight instead of Eve’s son.  Eve had no business denying everyone else from getting on that plane.  Apparently she didn’t want to consider that the warning also meant fix your plane, not just don’t take off, you’re going to crash.  

Pilot Lady automatically calling Levi a liar when he told her something she didn't believe - that seems to be a go to response instead of just saying prove it.  There were about 6 or 7 people in that picture he showed her - I’m guessing the guy they found in the cave several episodes back might have been a part of that group plus the one that they found in that hut where the hostile people were.  What happened to the rest of them?

Too bad for Ty.  Maybe after running away Veronica will run into those other people and get captured.

Now we’re supposed to care about some event that happened in 1988, over 30 years ago?   Show, please tell us more about those hostiles we met last episode before introducing more mystery.  

Edited by Cobb Salad
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Amy Beth said:

Why was Diana still wearing her crisp flight uniform 3 years into her ordeal?

She looked like she just got there and was waiting for rescue.  What was she doing for food, etc. to survive in the meantime?  She greets Levi with hostility, it would have been nice if there was some dialogue about her past 3 years instead of her asking about her fiancé then discussing the wedding plans.   If I were in her situation I’d be relieved to see someone dressed like me assuming they were part of a rescue then sharing my ordeal.  This show makes no sense.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

A question about Levi’s appearing and disappearing plane. 

If they leave it where it is now, why would it have disappeared? I understand the lack of bodies since there were no passengers,  but physically the plane still exists. Shouldn’t the excavation team have found that?

Levi's plane didn't land in the settlement area - they had to go hike to get to his plane.  Last night when Eve and Cop Lady showed up, Levi wanted to know where the passengers were - they were going to be ferried to the plane by jeep.  The excavation sight is where they are settled.  So, when the plane crashed with people on it, it crashed in the settlement area.  When the plane didn't take off, it disappeared from the excavation site because it will now decompose away from that site where it originally landed.

So stupid of the farm lady (I don't know anyone's name) to jump out of a plane without being explicitly clear with Gavin.  Hey, here's what you need to do if you want to bring people home, not "go figure out what happened in 1988".  I hate that trope so much - give clear information to the people that need it.

Poor Diana - she survived 3 years only to die within a few hours of meeting the newest sinkhole crew.  And poor Ty - I knew she was going to hit him but I still jumped when she did.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Wouldn't you see them as the potential saviors you've been hoping for the last three years, instead of a threat?

Seriously! This is an extremely cranky but suspiciously well-groomed group of survivors. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

So that's where the Confederates hid their gold--in the Pleistocene!  But seriously, the writers know California was a Union state, right?  I found it funny Lukas was all "drug-dealin's a family business" and went straight to "screw the heroin, I have gold!"  Which would be even harder to sneak on board, not like you can shove it into a carry-on.  Although Scott buried the heroin like a day and a half ago, so you should just look for the disturbed ground.

So after 5 days in 10000 BC people begin to lose their accent hiding abilities, but still have hygiene products.  And like a square mile or whatever of LA collapses into a sinkhole, but there's only 30 people there?  I'm sure there as more people than that in the big sinkhole scene in the premiere.  Is everyone else lost in the woods?

Eve, you really forked up there, although Cop Mom was the one who pulled the gun.  You really could have just said this thing looks bad, but they did go over the plane and find what was wrong, so maybe a test flight or give everyone the choice to take the risk.  Like people could give up their seats and fly standby if they were worried.  But I'm curious in the present day, they said there was bodies with the wreckage.  Not everyone was flying at once, so did they just leave them there?  And if they did, I think scavengers would have taken care of the bodies.  They buried kidnapper dad (although it didn't look deep enough), and I'm assuming Pilot-who-looks-like-Cobie-Smulders.  Wait until they meet Dr. Nathan.  Your fiance survived for three years down there, and then we got her killed, our bad.  And I won't comment on the fact it was the lesbian fiance that dies.  Well, not after this. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

He turned into some kind of cartoon character with his "I'M RICH" exclamation. His eyes just needed to separate from his face and fly forward ten feet.

This made me laugh so hard. Thanks.

And yeah, Scott buried the drugs six feet down. Plus since he dug the hole just a couple days ago, there still would be loose dirt. And WTH with the gold bars. Although they are probably all plastic movie props given that Drug Dude was able to carry a whole chest of them by himself.

Since there were two planes down under, what makes anyone think the one they found a zillion years later was Levi's. Diana's plane was there too, and just sitting around for three years.

Yeah, they had to kill the only person who was smart and talented and forward thinking plus she could fly a plane. Now all that's left down there are a bunch of doofuses. And son blamed mom for the plane being shot and Diana being killed? I didn't see her pull a gun.

I'm so over Scott being bullied by that drug dude. Report him to Ty and let Ty take care of that problem.

I guess a quick drive to Santa Monica was a nice diversion, plus now there's an ocean. Of course, no one is interested in fishing, not even swimming or making some surf boards. They'd all rather just sit around and sky watch. Alrighty then.

So Gavin's rescue plane can hover in air? I imagined that chick parashooting out and landing in Compton or someplace.

None of this show makes sense to me but reading above, i see I am not alone. Whew, thought I was going brain dead for a while there. This show is killing my brain cells however, so there's that.

• LOL 8

So, I guess they should cancel those 'save the date' cards for the beach wedding?  Actually, Pilot Lady was right; Regard everything as a threat.  It just came too late for her. 

I don't feel sorry for Ty.  You don't turn your back on psychopaths.  Ever.

There is a long term mystery about 'Confederate gold' being buried near the end of the War.  Maybe someone in the super secret Gubmint cabal in charge of time travel found it and had one of the other groups bury it there, before leaving them to make handprints on rocks and build nifty forts.

Somehow the DHS made it from LA to the ranch in SLO in record time, after finding out that the Oregon location was a diversion.  Remember, we were told that it's a five hour drive. 

Stoner Scott - Why are you digging the hole?  Why are you helping Druggie carry the gold back?  As pointed out, it should be obvious right off the bat that it was the wrong location (lack of disturbed soil), but, then again, Druggie has a room temperature IQ.

If I were there, I'd be sorely tempted to hike to the fort, and try and make a deal with the Oldies.  At least they seem to have their shit together.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

And yeah, Scott buried the drugs six feet down. Plus since he dug the hole just a couple days ago, there still would be loose dirt

Ok, the problem here is that Scott even admitted that the deep hole he was digging was more exercise than he had done in years so obviously he didn't deeply bury the heroin. There would still be loose dirt. I can't imagine he walked beyond shouting distance from the main area to bury it. And honestly, I don't see it being good after a couple days in the ground, but I don't know my drugs well, so I could be wrong. 

I get the idea that Drug Dealer Dude is a selfish ass who only cares about himself but isn't the bigger issue getting rescued? No one is going to care that the survivors of the sinkhole have pasts - anyone rescued will either be a major celebrity or locked down by the government so its not like he really has to worry about the heroin at this point. He's also the dumbass who left his car unlocked for a really long time and was off doing whatever in the woods during the first episodes.

5 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I don't feel sorry for Ty.  You don't turn your back on psychopaths.

I have sympathy because he was trying to help her. And I doubt she's a psychopath. She's inherently more damaged than the "little sister" but seems relatively rational considering the years of abuse and you know, falling into a time rift. 

Its a pity they killed off the female pilot so quickly - it seems like she would have had an interesting story to tell. And did anyone ask her about what she might know about the fort people? Who killed her buddy?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Ok, the problem here is that Scott even admitted that the deep hole he was digging was more exercise than he had done in years so obviously he didn't deeply bury the heroin. There would still be loose dirt. I can't imagine he walked beyond shouting distance from the main area to bury it. And honestly, I don't see it being good after a couple days in the ground, but I don't know my drugs well, so I could be wrong. 

I get the idea that Drug Dealer Dude is a selfish ass who only cares about himself but isn't the bigger issue getting rescued? No one is going to care that the survivors of the sinkhole have pasts - anyone rescued will either be a major celebrity or locked down by the government so its not like he really has to worry about the heroin at this point. He's also the dumbass who left his car unlocked for a really long time and was off doing whatever in the woods during the first episodes.

DDD thinking that he’s going to take a flight that travels 12,000 years and just waltz off unnoticed is so ridiculous. He’d be “debriefed” by super secret government operatives— poked, prodded and every single item on that plane confiscated and studied. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Its a pity they killed off the female pilot so quickly - it seems like she would have had an interesting story to tell. And did anyone ask her about what she might know about the fort people? Who killed her buddy?

And, what have you been eating for three years down here? Although the meal a soccer team that crashed in the Andes ate did pass through my mind as Diana lay there all dead and everything.

And hey, new (well, different) clothes! And a tent shelter! On the beach!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

They would have had to drive back from Santa Monica with her, any normal person would have been peppering her with questions that entire time. I understand why they wouldn't want to show the drive, but I'm sure they are going to pretend it didn't happen. Diana went down there to investigate the sinkholes, surely she had information to share.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I can't even with Eve and Cop Mom. The plane has to take multiple trips anyway so maybe suggest a test flight? Or just let people decide for themselves whether they want to take the risk? Instead, no, shoot one of the two pilots you have dead and shoot the plane so it's disabled. Yeah, Eve just believe your drunk psychic husband for no reason and get people killed over it.

That was absolutely infuriating.  Pulling a gun out in that type of situation was absolute madness.  Besides which, who is to say that the plane didn't make several successful trips before it crashed.  Meaning that people would be making their own choice based on risk/reward.  Or maybe Gavin's message alerted the pilots enough to fix the problem and change the timeline.  In any case, it isn't high and mighty Eve's decision to make for everybody else, and then to bring a gun into it?  Who the heck do these people think they are?

• Love 4

I understand the logical critiques of this show. But personally, I just turn my brain off and embrace the bonkers.

Civil War era gold bullion in LA? Sure! The dig site plane that appears and disappears? Bring it on! That colony of English speakers from last week? Maybe we'll see them next week.

I really hope Scott has The Vape Pen of Infinite Stash.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Okay. It's settled. Eve is the character we will all hate. Not love to hate. Just hate because everything she touches dies. 
Wasn't Kate on Lost kind of like that too?

I thought I saw a little arc of light coming out of the closing Doctor Whovian Sky Crack that could have been parachuting Aldridge. 

5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

There is a long term mystery about 'Confederate gold' being buried near the end of the War.  Maybe someone in the super secret Gubmint cabal in charge of time travel found it and had one of the other groups bury it there, before leaving them to make handprints on rocks and build nifty forts.

And wasn't the faulty plane sensor plot point lifted from the Boeing 737 Max crashes' investigations?

• [First Sergeant Engineer Diana Hoskins]I think I found something. Maybe it's not an engine issue. Was the bypass valve open or closed? 
  • [Levi] Open. Why? 
  • [Diana] This says it's closed. The sensor must have been damaged when the plane hit the ground. The computer would have automatically diverted power to take off. Destabilizing the engine and causing it to crash. 
  • [Levi] You're a genius, you know that?
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

She probably got that sweater in the fort at the 'Really Old Navy' outlet.

No, silly.  The Gap.

On 11/2/2021 at 7:44 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Instead we get a drone with an iPad.

"Press play"

"Enter Password"  Everyone looks at Eve.  "How should I know?"

• LOL 10
  • Love 1