Type keyword(s) to search

TV Tropes: Love 'em or Loathe 'em

• Start Topic

I am so sick of the "woman has a baby and doesent tell the dad until several years later, or he just stumbles upon the kid" trope that I swear I see way too much. It almost always exists to spring an unexpected kid on some main character when the show is running low on ideas and wants a kid to Cousin Oliver it up, but without making it the guys fault that they haven't been involved in their kids life for years. Or, its just adds more drama to situations that should already have tons of drama in and of themselves! 

And what really gets me, is that no one ever responds in a normal way to this bullshit. The woman who had the secret kid usually says something about how the guy "didnt want a kid, so I didnt tell you" which is such a transparently stupid and selfish excuse to keep a father and child apart, apparently just for the moms convenience, and no one ever seems to be as upset about this as they should be. I mean, they might not be a big fan of kids, but they still have a right to know, and they might like kids more than they let on! And so many times, when the dad tries to get involved with the kids when they find out about them, the mom is all "you haven't been there, you dont get a say!" and I am like "Well thats on YOU isnt it!?" Not that every kid needs to be raised by a man and a woman to be a happy kid or anything, but not to even let a person get to know their biological child just seems cruel, especially as its often for such petty, stupid reasons. I mean, unless you had a child with a serial killer or hit man for a drug cartel or something, the baby daddy should at least get a quick call!

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Any chance you've been watching the later seasons of Gilmore Girls?

*Screams into the heavens shaking my fists at the storm clouds while yelling "APRIIIIIIIILLLLLL!"*

Why, yes, why do you ask? 😉 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I mean, unless you had a child with a serial killer or hit man for a drug cartel or something, the baby daddy should at least get a quick call!

Unless you're Carly Corinthos, in which case that's the first person you tell.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I really hate it when female characters get their boyfriend to commit to them by flirting and/or going on a date with another guy and making them jealous.  That's just a really emotionally manipulative and slutty thing to do -- sorry, there's no other word for it.  Not to mention it's giving the guy a really good reason not to commit to you: because why would you commit to someone petty enough to flirt/date with other guys whenever they get upset about something?

If a guy tried to pull that crap with the "commit" excuse, we'd call him a pig and encourage her to dump his ass.

• Love 8

it's the double standard of "women are systematically oppressed so we'll give them a free pass on krukking horrible behaviour that a man would rightly be called out on".

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Jacqs said:

it's the double standard of "women are systematically oppressed so we'll give them a free pass on krukking horrible behaviour that a man would rightly be called out on".

Thus providing even more fuel for misogynists. Yeah, I hate that to. Double standards help nobody at best and causes even more division at worst.

• Love 6
On 3/27/2019 at 11:29 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I really hate it when female characters get their boyfriend to commit to them by flirting and/or going on a date with another guy and making them jealous.  That's just a really emotionally manipulative and slutty thing to do -- sorry, there's no other word for it.  Not to mention it's giving the guy a really good reason not to commit to you: because why would you commit to someone petty enough to flirt/date with other guys whenever they get upset about something?

If a guy tried to pull that crap with the "commit" excuse, we'd call him a pig and encourage her to dump his ass.

Not to mention leading on the 2nd guy to think he would have a chance for romance/relationship with her.  Where in reality her heart really belongs to someone else.  Just because the 2nd guy is a glorified extra in the series, does not mean the female character can treat him like used tissue. 😛

• Love 6
On 3/27/2019 at 12:29 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I really hate it when female characters get their boyfriend to commit to them by flirting and/or going on a date with another guy and making them jealous.

If someone flirted with/dated someone else to try to make me jealous that would be the end of our relationship. Relationships are hard enough without adding manufactured drama like that. 

• Love 10

I just found this thread, and while I plan to read through all 26 pages over the next few days, I thought I'd quickly list a few of my all time most annoying tropes.

1. No one ever finishes a meal. A whole family will be sitting at the breakfast table, laden with bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, etc. All or most of them will leap up, take a swig of OJ, and dash out without eating a bite. (Why did they even sit down?) No one seems to mind. 

2. Unless a person is living in a crackhouse, they will have matching bedding. Their pillowcases will always match their sheets. And often their comforters. They will always make their bed. They will never have piles of discarded clothing on a chair next to their bed (like normal people) . They will never have kitchen sinks full of dishes, even if they're in the middle of a massive crisis. 

3. Pregnant women go about their day normally till they suddenly bend over and scream in agony. If they're lucky they make it to the hospital having, basically, one long contraction, where they give birth within an hour or less. This hour is spent screaming and swearing. 

4. Women can be abducted, stranded on a desert island, thrown into a reservoir, or chased through a city in heels, without their lip gloss or mascara ever smudging or wearing off, or their hair looking flat or greasy. 

Now I know there are lots of examples of shows that counter these tropes, but they happen often enough that I end up super annoyed every time. I'm sure there are many more that annoy me, but these are the top 4. At the moment. 

• Love 16

This isn’t necessarily a trope pre se, but has really turned me off on a lot of shows.

Many in Hollywood have deemed it necessary for them to interject their politics into their TV shows that I used to watch to escape from hearing about politics.

The general formula: all Republicans, evil, racist, white, anti everything and all Democrats are brilliant wonderful human beings.

In defending themselves they say they want to incorporate current issues into their shows, which is their excuse to lecture us non elites. 

My problems with this:

1. Most is not incorporated into a story line at all but just the rantings of the writers.

2. This is happening in shows that never had “politics” in them before.

3. If I want to hear your political opinions I will read your blog, Twitter, or interviews. I will do all that even if you are different than me politically because it is important to hear other perspectives and experiences. I do not want to hear your politics in escapism TV.

4. I live in the South and I am tired of southerners being portrayed as stupid and ignorant and inherently racist by these same Hollywood types.

5. Some shows are politically themed to begin with, but not the ones I’m talking about.

• Love 14

Hey @tennisgurl here's another trope I hate that was in the last two seasons of Gilmore Girls: postponing a wedding does NOT (always) mean a lack of commitment. People postpone their weddings all the time for various reasons. Don't throw a tantrum/get all petty and passive aggressive just because you aren't rushing right to the altar!!!!

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

The general formula: all Republicans, evil, racist, white, anti everything and all Democrats are brilliant wonderful human beings.

This reminded me of another one that really bugs me. 

If someone is shown reading the Bible, quoting scripture, or praying at home, they will turn out to be a psychopathic serial murderer and/or child abuser, particularly if they're white. And Republican. (Ha. Just kidding about Republican... I think. I'm not even American, but American TV sure is hard on Republicans!) 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Hey @tennisgurl here's another trope I hate that was in the last two seasons of Gilmore Girls: postponing a wedding does NOT (always) mean a lack of commitment. People postpone their weddings all the time for various reasons. Don't throw a tantrum/get all petty and passive aggressive just because you aren't rushing right to the altar!!!!

I hate that. When Sookie wouldn't let it go that Lorelai wasn't picking a date for her wedding even though Lorelai at the time was currently on the outs with her daughter at the time. Of course she's not going to plan anything until things were fixed with Rory. Given how close she was to her daughter, why was it such a surprise? Or a sign that she wasn't committed.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I hate that. When Sookie wouldn't let it go that Lorelai wasn't picking a date for her wedding even though Lorelai at the time was currently on the outs with her daughter at the time. Of course she's not going to plan anything until things were fixed with Rory. Given how close she was to her daughter, why was it such a surprise? Or a sign that she wasn't committed.  

And yet when things were good with Rory, Lorelei wanted to steamroller right to the altar, until Luke wanted some time to get to know his daughter on his terms. Then Lorelei gets all pouty and snotty, whining to everyone (except Luke) about her "not-wedding" all culminating with that tantrum ultimatum she bombarded Luke at the last second after SPENDING THE WHOLE DAY AVOIDING HIM...

I'm still bitter, can't you tell?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

And it can work vice versa (all Democrats evil, reverse-racist, black-power, anti-white, and all Republicans pure as the driven snow, Godly, patriotic, and having the monopoly on morals).

• Love 13
47 minutes ago, bmasters9 said:

And it can work vice versa (all Democrats evil, reverse-racist, black-power, anti-white, and all Republicans pure as the driven snow, Godly, patriotic, and having the monopoly on morals).

True, that does happen on some shows also.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

And yet when things were good with Rory, Lorelei wanted to steamroller right to the altar, until Luke wanted some time to get to know his daughter on his terms. Then Lorelei gets all pouty and snotty, whining to everyone (except Luke) about her "not-wedding" all culminating with that tantrum ultimatum she bombarded Luke at the last second after SPENDING THE WHOLE DAY AVOIDING HIM...

I'm still bitter, can't you tell?

Same here. It was just so stupid. There was no reason for Lorelai to be so upset and assume her relationship was in jeoparady because Luke wanted to push back their wedding while he got to know his daughter. The one he didn't know he had and just found out. Why couldn't we have Lorelai be supportive of Luke? Supporting him trying to get to know his daughter, give him time and advice when he needed it. Yes, it was sad the wedding wasn't happening in June. But what was the rush? They were a couple in their late 30s or early 40s not exactly a young couple with a kid on the way that needed to race to the alter before her water broke or something. Why did it suddenly mean Luke didn't love her or didn't want to marry her? He wasn't pulling back because of cold feet or doubt, he wasn't ignoring her or dropping her or any of the other "signs" that he's no longer interested. He was just trying to get to know his daughter. It made no sense. They made a problem out of nothing. Why couldn't Lorelai be there for Luke like he was for her when he was on the outs with Rory? 

• Love 1

It's good the GG talk is happening here, because I've just thought of one thing that I liked about the revival: they had a secret bar, but everyone was dressed the way they usually would be. I've just seen another show, with one of those clubs that is "underground" and they had the usual dancers wearing masks and all of that. It's supposed to be edgy and cool, and it just has me rolling my eyes. 

• Love 1

There seems to be a desire among many to not let historical figures and history itself be complicated. Petain is probably going to lose the sidewalk ribbon marking his tickertape parade in New York City because he's not allowed to be complicated, capable of both good and evil. The Old Marshal of Vichy France is not allowed to be the Lion of Verdun anymore.

• Love 6

Daddy Issues.

More specifically, daddy issues as the root of everything that has gone wrong in a character's life OR the reason why he is evil so nothing he does is really his fault.  It's been done.  And done.  And done.  

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

Daddy Issues.

More specifically, daddy issues as the root of everything that has gone wrong in a character's life OR the reason why he is evil so nothing he does is really his fault.  It's been done.  And done.  And done.  

I wish it were just DONE. 

I'm also sick of how everything that makes/motivates the protagonist is always, always, always traced back to the father. Special talents? Dad. Supernatural abilities? Dad. The reason you're a crime-fighter/brooding loner/ pursuing a villain/all of the above? Villain killed Dad.

Question: where the hell is Mom in all this?! Why is the mother always chopped liver?!

In the appallingly ill-advised Phantom of the Opera sequel Love Never Dies,

(WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD)

Christine's very young son Gustav displays musical talent, because- what a twist!- the Phantom is actually Gustav's father, not Raoul. Yup, that's the reason Gustav is a budding musical prodigy... not the fact that Gustav's mom (you know, the one who gave birth to and raised the damn kid) is a former dancer and a friggin' opera singer. Nope, it's all because of daddy!

Hate.

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I'm also sick of how everything that makes/motivates the protagonist is always, always, always traced back to the father. Special talents? Dad. Supernatural abilities? Dad. The reason you're a crime-fighter/brooding loner/ pursuing a villain/all of the above? Villain killed Dad.

Question: where the hell is Mom in all this?! Why is the mother always chopped liver?!

In the appallingly ill-advised Phantom of the Opera sequel Love Never Dies,

(WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD)

Christine's very young son Gustav displays musical talent, because- what a twist!- the Phantom is actually Gustav's father, not Raoul. Yup, that's the reason Gustav is a budding musical prodigy... not the fact that Gustav's mom (you know, the one who gave birth to and raised the damn kid) is a former dancer and a friggin' opera singer. Nope, it's all because of daddy!

Hate.

I still can't believe that show exists -- and I SAT THROUGH IT. Hamilton had better be worth it.

Back to the trope, parents can suck but you can only blame them for so much. Do yourself a favor and start taking accountability (or credit, if it's a positive trait) for yourself.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Back to the trope, parents can suck but you can only blame them for so much. Do yourself a favor and start taking accountability (or credit, if it's a positive trait) for yourself.

Attention, Bojack Horseman, Don Draper, Kevin Pearson, and every other self-indulgent manbaby character that's polluted the airwaves for the last generation: read the above statement as many times as it takes to finally sink in!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Attention, Bojack Horseman, Don Draper, Kevin Pearson, and every other self-indulgent manbaby character that's polluted the airwaves for the last generation: read the above statement as many times as it takes to finally sink in!

Yes! LOL at the bolded. That's so perfectly describes them.

• Love 4

Dad is missing, or said to have been killed. Wife grieves for years, and then moves on (I won't say "finally moves on" because I hate the push for people to "get back out there" after they've lost a spouse). Anyway, wife moves on, then husband suddenly re-appears. Wife is confused, tries to make it work with husband, but boyfriend WILL NOT GO AWAY. In caps, because I'm sick of it. I'm re-watching Homeland, free trial of Showtime on youtube TV, but this has been done in so many shows. Audience then hates the wife and/or children, because they're too whiny or messed up, when their lives have been fucked up once before, and then again when it should be a happy time. 

• Love 5

To add on to Anela’s post, the somewhat related  “husband/wife dies and spouse discovers they had a secret life” storyline needs to go away.   

It seems like now it is more surprising when someone dies, no secret life is discovered and they stay dead.  (TV and movie characters, I mean.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Anela said:

Dad is missing, or said to have been killed. Wife grieves for years, and then moves on (I won't say "finally moves on" because I hate the push for people to "get back out there" after they've lost a spouse). Anyway, wife moves on, then husband suddenly re-appears. Wife is confused, tries to make it work with husband, but boyfriend WILL NOT GO AWAY.

Manifest, I'm looking at you...

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I was positive that @Anela was talking about Manifest until Homeland was mentioned.

That show, too, I just didn't want to mention it again, because I was so negative in their forum. Trying to give the fans a break. 🙂 

• Love 1

OK, how about shows where the supposed hero/heroine does lots of downright unethical, reprehensible and cruel actions towards others yet the show STILL expects the viewers to consider them the hero and perfectly just in ranting against folks who do the very same actions as they do- and ALL because the alleged hero's performer's name is the first listed in the credits! 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Blergh said:

OK, how about shows where the supposed hero/heroine does lots of downright unethical, reprehensible and cruel actions towards others yet the show STILL expects the viewers to consider them the hero and perfectly just in ranting against folks who do the very same actions as they do- and ALL because the alleged hero's performer's name is the first listed in the credits! 

Designated Hero. I hate that one too.

Maybe it's because I'm a doctor, but any trope that has someone walking away unscathed from something that in real life would have killed or seriously injured them irritates the hell out of me.

(Not that I'm relishing the possibility of seeing a character I like or even dislike end up dead or mangled)

Case in point, last night I was watching a repeat of a Without A Trace episode which featured the Steel Eardrums trope--An FBI agent gets into a car to negotiate with a kidnapper holding a young boy hostage. The man finally agrees to let the boy go, but then prepares to kill himself. In the ensuing struggle, the gun goes off. No one is affected by the noise, even though all of them—especially the child—would have been in agony, if not outright deafened.

• Love 5
On 4/13/2019 at 2:36 PM, Wiendish Fitch said:
On 4/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, kiddo82 said:

Daddy Issues.

Not so long ago it was the opposite. Everything but  EVERYTHING was Mom's fault.  Psycho, White Heat and The Manchurian Candidate are (superior) examples of this trope but there were oh so many more.  So many sniveling male mama's boy criminals in books/radio/movies/tv.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Camille said:

but any trope that has someone walking away unscathed from something that in real life would have killed or seriously injured them irritates the hell out of m

I know! Like cars that roll several times, then plunge down an embankment, ending up upside down. The driver crawls out of the wreckage with maybe a bit of strategic blood but that's it. No whiplash or shock, no ruptured spleen or even some dizziness! Seconds later, they're running down the road chasing villains like nothing ever happened. 

• Love 5
On 4/16/2019 at 12:10 PM, Melina22 said:

I know! Like cars that roll several times, then plunge down an embankment, ending up upside down. The driver crawls out of the wreckage with maybe a bit of strategic blood but that's it. No whiplash or shock, no ruptured spleen or even some dizziness! Seconds later, they're running down the road chasing villains like nothing ever happened. 

The former actually happened to me. The car rolled so many times that when we landed upside down, I spun around in my seatbelt several times. And because this is the type of country America is when the ambulance arrived, the EMT's asked my friend, the driver, and me how we were. Both of us described what happened to each of us. My friend said she thought her abdomen might have hit the steering wheel. I told them that I spun several times in my seatbelt. They put my blonde haired blue-eyed friend on a stretcher and my made dark-skinned Black ass schlep to the bottom of the ravine to get our purses and IDs. I went to med school. I know the type of shit that could have happened to me.

1 minute ago, HunterHunted said:

The former actually happened to me. The car rolled so many times that when we landed upside down, I spun around in my seatbelt several times. And because this is the type of country America is when the ambulance arrived, the EMT's asked my friend, the driver, and me how we were. Both of us described what happened to each of us. My friend said she thought her abdomen might have hit the steering wheel. I told them that I spun several times in my seatbelt. They put my blonde haired blue-eyed friend on a stretcher and my made dark-skinned Black ass schlep to the bottom of the ravine to get our purses and IDs. I went to med school. I know the type of shit that could have happened to me.

Okay, that is horrifying and awful. What a shitty thing to make you do. 

So sorry you went through all of that. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, talk about adding insults to probable injury!

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Annber03 said:

16 hours ago, Blergh said:

Yeah, talk about adding insults to probable injury!

My friend who was on the stretcher started yelling at them. "Where the fuck is she going????"

EMT replies, "she's going to get your purses."

My friend, "Isn't the fact that she's willing to climb back down an icy ravine the clearest sign that she's not ok."

EMT to my friend, "Ma'am you need to calm down. You don't want to cause further injury."

My friend, "For fucks sake! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

My friend was livid and let them know during the entire trip to the hospital. 

Eh a decade later, I barely remember it unless something like above trope comes up. It's all so hilarious and horrifying...hilarifying that you almost can't help but laugh.

I just finished Tidelands on Netflix. The show is a mess. It's clear that the show wants to have the protagonist be this flawed hero who is fresh out of prison, drinks too much, quick to anger, and has sex with randoms as a sort of lovable rogue/flawed hero. This is a trope that I'm not so in love with because it's, honestly, deployed too often. Dean Winchester being one of the most prominent examples from the past 20 years. It's also found far too often in genre shows. Tidelands sort of subverts this by making this character a...woman. Jessica Jones says, "Screw you asshole!" Tidelands fails further because all of those same behaviors exhibited by the protagonist (sex, drinking, and quick to anger) to demonstrate that she's tough and doesn't play by the rules are literally present in almost every other character in the show who isn't a child. This basically undermines the use of these behaviors to demonstrate that the protagonist is an iconoclast.

Furthermore, I'm always irritated when a show or movie adds these behaviors to a character only to add texture or depth, but ignores the repercussions for these behaviors. Jessica Jones exhibits all of these maladaptive behaviors and antisocial traits because she's a traumatized mess who is white-knuckling it to hold it together. However, it still results in many people keeping their distance from Jessica because she's a mess. The same doesn't really happen in Tidelands. In a movie example (Guardians of the Galaxy), Gamora resists getting into a deeper relationship with Peter because he's a disaster and a fuckboi. In Tidelands, almost no one in the latter half of the show acknowledges that the protagonist is or should be a mess and not put in charge of anything. Her impulsivity and self-medication are just window dressing. They don't impact anything.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

My friend who was on the stretcher started yelling at them. "Where the fuck is she going????"

EMT replies, "she's going to get your purses."

My friend, "Isn't the fact that she's willing to climb back down an icy ravine the clearest sign that she's not ok."

EMT to my friend, "Ma'am you need to calm down. You don't want to cause further injury."

My friend, "For fucks sake! What the fuck is wrong with you?"

My friend was livid and let them know during the entire trip to the hospital. 

Eh a decade later, I barely remember it unless something like above trope comes up. It's all so hilarious and horrifying...hilarifying that you almost can't help but laugh.

LOL, "hilarifying" :D. I like that. Perfect description. I like that your friend was just as pissed off-I would be, too! I hope the higher ups called those workers out on that at some point or something. And hopefully the injuries you both suffered didn't have any long-term effects? 

Regarding your "Tidelands" rant, oddly, that hasn't really been a common theme in the shows I personally follow, but I have heard about it in a lot of other shows, for sure, and I agree that it can definitely be overused. Especially since, as you rightly note, a lot of shows never bother to explore the issues and reasons behind why they behave that way. 

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:28 AM, LucindaWalsh said:

Grown people watching other grown people sleep is not romantic, it is creepy. Only babies and small children should be adoringly watched while they sleep.

And then they wake up gazing adoringly into the other person's eyes.  I can tell you that if I'm woken up like that, I'm punching 911 Stalker. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 4/16/2019 at 7:10 PM, Melina22 said:

My friend had a non-TV version of that happen to her a couple of months back. Hit an oily spot as she was rounding a bend in the road (knowing her, going too fast), the car rolled multiple times and landed on the roof, no chasing bad guys before or after the flipping though. 

She crawled out through a broken window, uninjured apart from some bruises. Didn't even call an ambulance, her husband came to pick her up and then took her to the ER after the car was towed. 

The human body is the weirdest thing. Back in eight grade I walked through a glass wall. Not a scratch. Meanwhile, I bump into a desk and the bruise takes a week to fade 

• Love 3
On 4/3/2019 at 11:28 AM, LucindaWalsh said:

Grown people watching other grown people sleep is not romantic, it is creepy. Only babies and small children should be adoringly watched while they sleep.

I was looking at greeting cards yesterday and there was one that was like, "Sometimes I watch you sleep and think about how sexy and wonderful you are and I love you so much."  At first I thought it was supposed to be funny, but I realized it wasn't.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, janie jones said:

I was looking at greeting cards yesterday and there was one that was like, "Sometimes I watch you sleep and think about how sexy and wonderful you are and I love you so much."  At first I thought it was supposed to be funny, but I realized it wasn't.

Like most things that occur in the bedroom as long as everyone is an adult and has consented to the behavior I don’t find it problematic.

• Love 8

I was hit from behind by a car going about 50 miles an hour (I was at a red light, they apparently were texting).  It flipped me onto the roof.  All of the witnesses were yelling, "Stay in there till we determine if you're injured."  And I told them, "Nope, there's gasoline pooling under my knees, I'm getting out of here."

• Love 4
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Like most things that occur in the bedroom as long as everyone is an adult and has consented to the behavior I don’t find it problematic.

Well, given that the card appeared to be informing the sleeper that they had been being watched, consent can't have been given by the sleeping watchee.  Although consent could be granted for later watching.

11 minutes ago, janie jones said:

Well, given that the card appeared to be informing the sleeper that they had been being watched, consent can't have been given by the sleeping watchee.  Although consent could be granted for later watching.

Or was chosen because it’s a thing that already happens in their relationship.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Or was chosen because it’s a thing that already happens in their relationship.

I'm not going to go back to the store so that I can quote the card verbatim, but it did not indicate that the recipient had prior knowledge.  It wasn't "when I watch you sleep..." it was "I watch you sleep..."

Of course there's nothing stopping someone whose partner knows they watch them sleep from buying the card, but that's simply not how the card was worded.

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 1