Type keyword(s) to search

S9.E21: Just Be Present

druzy
  • Start Topic

Catelynn & Tyler explain Carly’s adoption to Nova. Cheyenne finds out she will likely be induced for the safety of her baby. Maci makes healthy lifestyle changes to help manage her PCOS. Gary invites Amber over and their reunion does not go as planned.

Airs November 2, 2021

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

That was awkward as hell. Kristina was just being polite, Leah clearly doesn't want to be around Amber and then Amber is acting all shitty. She expected to just step in there and it all to be ok? Parenting is hard work, when you screw up and Amber has so bad that her daughter does not want to even talk to her. Props to Gary for trying. But Amber can't keep making the comments well I drove 40 minutes, so what. Keep doing it and maybe it will get better but she looked like she was over it and over trying. That's your daughter, you keep trying.  But it's all about Amber, who can never see another person's point of view.

• Love 16

Wow. That's Amber trying

She was just barely polite and seemed to want them to gush and make over her and her great grades and when they didn't she was so clearly irritated. She thought she'd get more than a polite 'that's nice' from Kristina. And she also inexplicably went on about how great it was living alone and finding herself, in spite of the fact that what that means is 'without kids, without Leah'. When Leah described the plot of the unnamed 'movie' about the girl whose mom died when she was five and then turned into a demon who kept trying to take the girl away from her dad it was so obvious that she was sticking it to Amber and Amber just looked pissed and wouldn't even look at her.  That was a great eff you from Leah without even having to actually confront her mom. Very creative. I'm impressed.

• Love 21

Amber is lucky Gary and his family even talk to her anymore. Im on Leah's side. Also, maybe Amber did this and they just didn't show it, but how about asking about Kristina's classes and future plans  ? Amber is such a loser.

Maci's diet is horrible, my gosh, no wonder she doesn't feel well. I chuckled at her patting herself on the back, and then going to the taco place, although that was a great looking salad ! I think a lot of people, myself included, and MacKenzie and Josh and really the whole cast lol, would benefit from speaking with a licensed nutritionist. 

Is Cheyenne 's sister, whatever her name is, pregnant by her son's father ? I assume so but they didn't actually say that. 

At least Cate and Ty refrained from calling themselves Carly's parents. 

Edited by Chris Knight
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Amber is lucky Gary and his family even talk to her anymore. Im on Leah's side. Also, maybe Amber did this and they just didn't show it, but how about asking about Kristina's classes and future plans  ? Amber is such a loser.

Maci's diet is horrible, my gosh, no wonder she doesn't feel well. I chuckled at her patting herself on the back, and then going to the taco place, although that was a great looking salad ! I think a lot of people, myself included, and MacKenzie and Josh and really the whole cast lol, would benefit from speaking with a licensed nutritionist. 

Is Cheyenne 's sister, whatever her name is, pregnant by her son's father ? I assume so but they didn't actually say that. 

At least Cate and Ty refrained from calling themselves Carly's parents. 

Gary continues to make nice with Amber so he can continue this show and not have to work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Way to go, Amber. You get to live alone and just focus on yourself and school. Making A's and B's! You are Student of the Year, no doubt! Mom of the Year, never; you lazy ass waste of oxygen.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

Yes they have two kids together but she describes the relationship as "messy".

Amber was actually saying the right stuff at the end of the episode but I have little hope for the follow-through. At this point, LEAH SHIRLEY DESERVES HER PRIVACY (yes, I'm yelling lol) and her parents (Gary and Kristina) are harming her by not figuring out a way to get her off tv.

I was really impressed with little Nova this week and I thought Cate and Tyler are lucky that she's helping them process the loss of Carly with her innocent statements, giving A+'s to everyone for handling a tough situation well and for the happy result of everyone in their proper families. It was very sweet.

I'm sure I'm among many who fast forward Maci- w/out the Edwards she has nothing I want to see- and Cheyenne-never anything there either.

I watch Mac just to see how offensively stupid she'll be every week and she didn't disappoint. Listen to the experts and hold Jaxie back a year, Jesus!

Edited by GreenlinetoHarlem
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 11/2/2021 at 6:24 AM, ginger90 said:

Clip:

Watching this a second time and it is like Amber is some long lost friend with the Gary and Kristina and came for a quick visit that the girls don't know and like she isn't even Leah's mom. Then when she is walking out Leah sighs heavily, she was relieved that it was over because she was waiting for her mom to blow up. She kept like looking over at her waiting for it. Then the faces that Amber is making, you know Leah saw that. Kristina was just sitting there shaking her head while Amber rambled on and is just waiting for her to leave. When Leah walks back to sit down Amber is watching Kristina like she wants to punch her. After the movie discussion Amber is pissed off and clearly is pissed off and with her shitty attitude.

Did she expect to just walk in like she never said shit about Kristina? Like walk in and it be hunky dory? She said some really hurtful stuff. Like come on. There are consequences when you go off on your rants.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, toodywoody said:

Watching this a second time and it is like Amber is some long lost friend with the Gary and Kristina and came for a quick visit that the girls don't know and like she isn't even Leah's mom. Then when she is walking out Leah sighs heavily, she was relieved that it was over because she was waiting for her mom to blow up. She kept like looking over at her waiting for it. Then the faces that Amber is making, you know Leah saw that. Kristina was just sitting there shaking her head while Amber rambled on and is just waiting for her to leave. When Leah walks back to sit down Amber is watching Kristina like she wants to punch her. After the movie discussion Amber is pissed off and clearly is pissed off and with her shitty attitude.

Did she expect to just walk in like she never said shit about Kristina? Like walk in and it be hunky dory? She said some really hurtful stuff. Like come on. There are consequences when you go off on your rants.

Oh, I think that’s exactly what Amber expected to happen. She doesn’t acknowledge that she has played any part in why Leah doesn’t want to see her. It’s Leah/Kristina/Gary’s fault, and Amber is just the victim of their schemes. Amber is the victim here - don’t forget that she went gel for Leah! 

• Love 14

Cotton, Sonic, Burger King, Amazon and PNC bank are some of the sponsors I remember.  Evidently it's work it to them to continue this show.  I think it's way past it's expire date but who knows.  Lots of jobs depend on this show and if they can make enough sponsor money for paydays it will go on and on.

Amber makes me sick just looking at her nasty face.  She was pizzed off they didn't have a bed or sofa in the kitchen so she could 'assume the position'!

Maci just isn't pretty anymore.  She's struggling with her nothing life.  Does her husband still work or just sit around with her all day.

Cheyenne surely does think she's a princess.  Cory isn't coming back..he's moved on.  You settled for second best so your princess days are over   Gosh her sister really needs a talk on birth control.  Three times pregnant by a guy that won't marry her?  I bet she doesn't find her own place.  She'll become nanny to Cheyenne who doesn't want to do anything.  Another couch sitter.

Tyler and Catelyn can become therapists.  lol.  They sure do think they know it all don't they. 

Mackenzie is a real dumb bunny and I can't take my eyes off of Josh mouth.  Will he spit, drool, kiss with that wad of whatever he always has in his month.  Does it all turn to spit?  How does it taste?  Where does the pleasure of it come in?  I'm just fasinated by his chew.  lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 10/31/2021 at 2:57 PM, druzy said:

Catelynn & Tyler explain Carly’s adoption to Nova.

I think Nova explained to it Catelynn and Tyler and she did a pretty good job. 

On 11/2/2021 at 11:57 AM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Wow. That's Amber trying.

I know!   It was bound to be awkward as hell but Amber treated it like Leah's peer instead of an adult.  Maybe instead of spending so much time talking to doctors about her own problems she should seek out an expert on kids and learn how to communicate and work on fixing a relationship she broke.  Amber has waaaay too much time alone to ruminate and wallow in her problems but sadly no one to explain to her how she has RECENTLY created/contributed to the non-relationship with Leah.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

I now fast forward through the whole show until I see Leah.  Then I watch it to see her handle Amber.  5 minutes of show.  Stick a fork in it. 

It’s still kind of sickening that millions of strangers are watching this on tv. Just not right 😥

• Love 5
On 11/2/2021 at 10:06 PM, Cinnabon said:

Gary continues to make nice with Amber so he can continue this show and not have to work. 

YES! Gary just keeps sucking up to Amber and glossing over all the horrible things she has said on IG about Kristina and making commentary on her own young daughter too. Gary...Kristina and Leah are so over Amber...quit trying to make them like her. And maybe think about quitting the show and let your daughters have a normal life without a camera in their faces. 

• Love 7

Maci: Is it me? That whole "sick' with PCOS thing looked fake as hell. Taylor checking in on her looked fake, moaning on and on about PTSD...please. It all looked rehearsed and scripted. If that truly is her diet, that's pretty bad. A banana for breakfast, a Coke for lunch and Chick Filet for dinner? I think that was it. And why did that woman have to drive to see Maci in person for ten minute conversation and diet plan? Fake, fake, fake...she has no compelling storyline this season without Ryan and his family of fools. It would appear that Taylor has no job to go to. Another Teen dad just sitting on the couch.

Cheyenne: What is the problem with her sister? She seems weird to me...keeps having babies with a guy that she apparently has a lot of problems with and runs back to Cheyenne? Cheyenne didn't seem to excited aboiut her sister being pregnant again...lest she take away the limelight from Cheyenne right?

Tyler and Cate: It's really hard to watch Cate these days. The optics are just off putting...the weight combined with being pregnant, the tattoos all over her arms, the poor clothing choices...Tyler just irritates me to no end. The loud voice, his tattoos, his laziness and lack of ambition. 

Gary and Amber: Ugh...Amber. That hair! What the hell was that? She still won't recognize the fact that she screwed up with Leah...she needs to have a sit down with Leah and apologize to her...and while she's at it, apologize to Kristina. Unfortunately, that will never happen because Amber is always the victim.

Mackenzie and Josh: It's hard to watch these two. He's slow in his speech and appears to be almost catatonic most of the time. The chewing tobacco in his mouth is just gross. Mackenzie talks so weirdly to her kids and is really annoying. And please stop talking about poor Jaxie in front of her. Just let her repeat second grade...she'll be better off for it in the long run. That poor dog...in all their chaos and problems with the kids, why on earth would they add a puppy to the mix? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Maci: Is it me? That whole "sick' with PCOS thing looked fake as hell. Taylor checking in on her looked fake, moaning on and on about PTSD...please. It all looked rehearsed and scripted. If that truly is her diet, that's pretty bad. A banana for breakfast, a Coke for lunch and Chick Filet for dinner? I think that was it. And why did that woman have to drive to see Maci in person for ten minute conversation and diet plan? Fake, fake, fake...she has no compelling storyline this season without Ryan and his family of fools. It would appear that Taylor has no job to go to. Another Teen dad just sitting on the couch.

I had the exact same thoughts about Maci's storylines being totally fake/staged. Last week when Bentley "spontaneously" asked her to pick him up from school was so obviously fake. Are we to believe that all this time, for months, she has just refused to pick up/drop off B at school without explanation and that B just randomly asked her to pick him up from school one day, totally not seeming pressed or concerned, and she filled him in on the PTSD she's been suffering with for months and he was just like, "Oh, ok."? There are lots of scenes with Taylor that are obviously staged/scripted (by Maci). I think her only real scenes are with the little kids and even then, her prompts/reactions are fake/planned. I hate Maci.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Cheyenne: What is the problem with her sister? She seems weird to me...keeps having babies with a guy that she apparently has a lot of problems with and runs back to Cheyenne? Cheyenne didn't seem to excited aboiut her sister being pregnant again...lest she take away the limelight from Cheyenne right?

I'm also wondering what's happening there. Did she actually go to DC, get pregnant and decide to leave again? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I was thinking about Leah and Amber.  When Leah was telling the story of the video Amber immediately made it all about her by getting up and leaving.

Perhaps Leah is afraid Amber will take her away from Gary and Kristina.  Maybe Amber could have reassured her by saying something nice like 'I'm sorry the little girl was worried.  Young people should have a voice in where they want to live and where they are happy".

Amber needs to become the mother and stop being the offended party.  She's not that.  She has for a long time been the offender.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm also wondering what's happening there. Did she actually go to DC, get pregnant and decide to leave again? 

I FFed most of Cheyenne's segments, so I only saw the part with her sister saying she was pregnant and was happy her kids would be back in CA with her. I was confused about the timeline with her moving to DC to be with her son's dad and what their relationship status (I assumed he was the dad) is. So that wasn't explained on the show? 

12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was thinking about Leah and Amber.  When Leah was telling the story of the video Amber immediately made it all about her by getting up and leaving.

Perhaps Leah is afraid Amber will take her away from Gary and Kristina.  Maybe Amber could have reassured her by saying something nice like 'I'm sorry the little girl was worried.  Young people should have a voice in where they want to live and where they are happy".

Amber needs to become the mother and stop being the offended party.  She's not that.  She has for a long time been the offender.

Sadly for Leah, I think there's pretty much no hope for Amber to be an even ok parent. She actually held it together pretty well (for her) with Leah snarking on her to her face and not buying into the Poor Amber Show (which, Go, Leah!, not just for giving Amber her just desserts, but also for being true to herself and not falling for Amber's (and even, to some extent, Gary's) gaslighting). 

Amber is hopelessly narcissistic and just generally fucked up. A big part of her problem with Leah (and probably with James in the future) is that, deep down, she doesn't really give a fuck. I believe that she cares about Leah on a superficial (for an egg donor/gestational carrier) level, but if Leah challenges her (even as a child who's obviously hurt by Amber's neglect) she's quick to go to "Fuck Leah." Amber is already framing Leah speaking up about how she feels about Amber being such an objectively shitty mom as Leah being bratty and unreasonable while Amber is being generous and patient, though (justifiably) annoyed, in response. Uh, no. The bullshit with her complaining about having wasted her time (basically) driving 40 minutes to see her daughter was nauseating. Especially since Amber has no job or other responsibilities besides having her son visit for a few hours once a week (which she was hoping to fob off on Gary and Kristina like she did before when James was visiting and she took him over there every time, sometimes leaving him there while she went somewhere else). Oh, sorry, I forgot about all the hours she spends studying to maintain her A-B average at Purdue Global University.

• Love 13

Just watched, wow that dinner was terrible! First, Amber, when u walk in, you should actually go up to Leah and talk to her! Ask her if you can give her a hug, ask her anything!! I mean, she just walked in and was like, “hey” and that was it! Just not a good start if u want to have a relationship with your daughter. I wish Gary and Kristina would get on some healthy diet plan and lose a ton of weight, that would really burn Amber up. 

• Love 7
On 11/4/2021 at 1:56 AM, TheRealT said:

I had the exact same thoughts about Maci's storylines being totally fake/staged. Last week when Bentley "spontaneously" asked her to pick him up from school was so obviously fake. Are we to believe that all this time, for months, she has just refused to pick up/drop off B at school without explanation and that B just randomly asked her to pick him up from school one day, totally not seeming pressed or concerned, and she filled him in on the PTSD she's been suffering with for months and he was just like, "Oh, ok."? There are lots of scenes with Taylor that are obviously staged/scripted (by Maci). I think her only real scenes are with the little kids and even then, her prompts/reactions are fake/planned. I hate Maci.

So fake.  Every scene, every “talk” with stupid Taylor, everything is set up and planned by Maci.

I think that she thinks that we are all fooled.  She’s so smug and satisfied with herself.  She doesn’t know that we know.  I want her to know that we don’t buy her fake storylines and I want her to know that we know that she knows!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 11/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, Inga said:

Just watched, wow that dinner was terrible! First, Amber, when u walk in, you should actually go up to Leah and talk to her! Ask her if you can give her a hug, ask her anything!! I mean, she just walked in and was like, “hey” and that was it! Just not a good start if u want to have a relationship with your daughter. I wish Gary and Kristina would get on some healthy diet plan and lose a ton of weight, that would really burn Amber up. 

Amber has too many problems to count, but her main one in regard to Leah is that she thinks that just because Leah is a kid, that she is supposed to just disregard Amber abandoning her for 12 years and get over it. Leah probably grieved not having her mother in her life throughout the years but I think at this point, she genuinely doesn't even love her. She's essentially being forced to see a stranger because she has no other choice and this stranger thinks they can go on as if the last 12 years didn't happen. While Amber was off choosing men over her daughter, Leah formed a bond with her step-mother in the meantime who became her mom.

Edited by Jax7917
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

Amber has too many problems too count, but her main one in regard to Leah is that she thinks that just because Leah is a kid, that she is supposed to just disregard Amber abandoning her for 12 years and get over it. Leah probably grieved not having her mother in her life throughout the years but I think at this point, she genuinely doesn't even love her. She's essentially being forced to see a stranger because she has no other choice and this stranger thinks they can go on as if the last 12 years didn't happen. While Amber was off choosing men over her daughter, Leah formed a bond with her step-mother in the meantime who became her mom.

I wish I could like this more than once. Amber does not understand this is a direct consequence of her behavior. Own It!*

*TM Lisa Rinna 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

Can I ask what is R 3 that they talk about every episode ? And is Cheyenne’s sister named R or Kyle or R Kyle like R Kelly lol 

Rage Regardless Ryder.  It's the charity Cheyenne has for her daughter's VLCAD issue.  I think.  I have no idea what that phrase is supposed to mean.

• Love 3
On 11/10/2021 at 12:13 PM, Marisagf said:

Rage Regardless Ryder.  It's the charity Cheyenne has for her daughter's VLCAD issue.  I think.  I have no idea what that phrase is supposed to mean.

I’m very curious about the meaning.. rage?  regardless?  That’s the weirdest name for a charity.

• Love 4
On 11/10/2021 at 1:13 PM, Marisagf said:

I thought it was "Ryder Raging Regardless," but I admit that I have no idea. I guess the upside of the RRR name is that it doesn't matter what order the words go in? Taking the "meaningless phrase" thing to a new level...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I thought it was "Ryder Raging Regardless," but I admit that I have no idea. I guess the upside of the RRR name is that it doesn't matter what order the words go in? Taking the "meaningless phrase" thing to a new level...

Raging? What does that even mean?

• Useful 1