Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: King Bull

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Too much of a Hallmark storyline for the business owner's trial.

Bull 'reveres' the legal system?  Please.  This is a guy who illegally taps into jury pools and people's personal information to get an edge.  He reveres it because it allows him to twist it into a pretzel.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, judyri said:

Uggh, we still didn't get an explanation for why he stripped out in NYC and stole a postal truck.  I thought they were going that the b* daughter was drugging him.

He was deliberately trying to come off as nutty, so as to crash the market value of his company so there would be no money for the daughters to fight over.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

He was deliberately trying to come off as nutty, so as to crash the market value of his company so there would be no money for the daughters to fight over.

OK, that makes sense.  I didn't see the connection right away, but I think you are right!

This Bull jury tampering thing would be a lot more interesting if Bull actually did pay off the guy from the last episode, which TBH is my primary criticism of this show. Most of the episodes would be more interesting if the person actually were guilty and we were trying to figure out how to keep them out of a life sentence.

I like Taylor but I want the ex to either go away forever or stay permanently. If you need a sub-plot for Taylor because the actress playing Danny is on furlough or something, then find something else other than the old, tired, on-again off-again thing.

Speaking of liking Taylor, four for her for being the first person ever in the history of procedurals (at least that I've watched) to point out that just because you like someone and think they're a good person, doesn't mean they're innocent of whatever dumb thing. I realize these are TV characters, but you'd think that writers who are routinely writing about the base of society, would realize that ANYONE is capable of doing something dumb and/or illegal. Also, you'd think Marisa would realize this after all those shenanigans with her ex or is he still an ex who can remember.

Of all the places to cavort with a non-husband male, an exclusive club is at least a notch above the local bar, but still seems like an odd place to be borderline making out. I mean, there are other people there and some of them might be Taylor taking pictures to use against you in court. If you had just been sitting there smiling at each other, you might have gotten away with it.

Criticisms aside, I'm glad this show is mostly normal (although they could get rid of the masks on the jurors at any time... so dumb)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, JessDVD said:

This Bull jury tampering thing would be a lot more interesting if Bull actually did pay off the guy from the last episode, which TBH is my primary criticism of this show.

Ok, I am assuming that Bull, being the hero of the show, will be found to be completely innocent of the charge of jury tampering, or anything else unsavoury. This only leaves two options I can think of:

1. Bull is being framed.
  2. Bull is part of a sting operation to entrap someone else.

If Bull is being framed, who would be framing him and why? If Bull is part of a sting, who is the sting designed to catch? I guess the TAC staff are in the clear (unless wossername wants Bull out of the way so she can sell the algorithm? Doubt it, somehow). And there are only so many other characters in the show, and it has to be one of them. Unless they plan on pulling God right out of the machine...

• Love 1

Anyone know why the actress playing Dani is MIA? The core cast is getting super-thin, after the departure of Benny as well. And if this were real life, no way a company like TAC would rely solely on the guy who just passed the bar. They would have hired another experienced attorney by now. (I have high hopes for Bull's new counsel - maybe she'll stick around.)

Of course, I also wonder what all the background people milling around TAC actually DO all day. 

I agree if would have been way more interesting if Bull had actually bribed the juror.

On 11/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, Netfoot said:

Ok, I am assuming that Bull, being the hero of the show, will be found to be completely innocent of the charge of jury tampering, or anything else unsavoury. This only leaves two options I can think of:

1. Bull is being framed.
  2. Bull is part of a sting operation to entrap someone else.

If Bull is being framed, who would be framing him and why? If Bull is part of a sting, who is the sting designed to catch? I guess the TAC staff are in the clear (unless wossername wants Bull out of the way so she can sell the algorithm? Doubt it, somehow). And there are only so many other characters in the show, and it has to be one of them. Unless they plan on pulling God right out of the machine...

I can’t think of anything less appealing to watch than Bull being charged with bribing a juror.  It’s so annoying to me….ughhh…

• Love 1