Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Cindy Hawkins

• Start Topic

Wow.  This episode was such a bore.  They really need to stop focusing on a couple people per episode and get back to a larger group dynamic.

And those outdoor scenes were terrible.  It was painfully obvious they shot them on a sound stage.  It was like watching Star Trek back in the 60s.

Edited by KeithJ
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

Wow.  This episode was such a bore.  They really need to stop focusing on a couple people per episode and get back to a larger group dynamic.

And those outdoor scenes were terrible.  It was painfully obvious they shot them on a sound stage.  It was like watching Star Trek back in the 60s.

I could be wrong but these episodes feel like Covid restrictive productions, hence the small ensemble casting. No favors are being done because, this episode especially was quite bad.... 

• Love 3

I didn't hate it, because the actors are talented, particularly Keith Carradine. But ultimately, the episode meant nothing other than showing that Sr. & June are with Strand now. The "hallucinating someone who isn't there to figure out a mystery" trope has been done way too many times before. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/1/2021 at 10:26 AM, KeithJ said:

It was like watching Star Trek back in the 60s.

Heh, I thought the same thing.  I was waiting for the Gorn to show up.

I thought this ep was OK - the acting was good.  The show's problem, which has been repeated many times before, is having everyone separated.  I thought Ep 1 was good and Ep 2 was not.  I'm one of the last people who still likes Morgan but I don't care about Grace and I get it, the almost constant baby crying was so that we would suffer right along with them - I guess?  

I don't understand why Strand feels like he has an enemy or whatever in Morgan, or that Strand feels he has something to prove.  There's really not enough going on in the world, we have to carry these petty grievances?   Strand works as a villain type, consolidating power, etc but carrying on a war with Morgan for *reasons* is just silly.

• Love 4
On 11/1/2021 at 10:31 AM, GustavMahler said:

I could be wrong but these episodes feel like Covid restrictive productions, hence the small ensemble casting. No favors are being done because, this episode especially was quite bad....

I always thought it was a way to cut down on actors' salaries, having each actor only in 2 - 3 episodes each half season.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, econ07 said:

I always thought it was a way to cut down on actors' salaries, having each actor only in 2 - 3 episodes each half season.

Scenes with phones and walkie-talkies saves them a lot of money indeed.

• Love 1