Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: May Be The Last Time

I don't either TBH, but I find LM & Lala's just showing up and digging up someone's front yard without permission too batshit crazy for me, even by Bon Temps standards.

Same.  I can buy Lettie Mae doing some silliness like that, but I thought Lafayette would have enough sense to ask the owner of the house if he could dig up their yard, or at least wait until the owners were sleeping or out of the house.

I mean, this is Jason Stackhouse. He's going to get horny any time he sees a hot young woman. I don't think he can turn off those feelings just because the woman is an inappropriate sex partner. And he was clearly angry at himself for having those urges. I'm not going to be angry at the character just for feeling aroused.

I wasn't so much angry that Jason was attracted to Bridget, it was the cartoonish way they showed it.  I'm surprised they didn't show Jason's bulging eyes and his tongue hanging out like a Looney Tunes character.  Even Jason has enough sense to know he can't openly ogle Hoyt's girlfriend that way, not just for the reason that it's happened before, but because Hoyt isn't in Bon Temps for a social call, he's there to bury his mother. That whole scene was just tacky.

Plus, I was looking forward to seeing Hoyt and Jason talk again, even if Hoyt doesn't remember him.  Jason has enough women troubles right now, why introduce this, instead of having a reunion between two former best friends?  Hoyt's departure (and Jason's reaction to it) was one of the few genuine, heartfelt moments TB's had in a long time.  

Jason can't control his attraction to someone, but he can control what he does with it.  And in the history of this show, that means sex, immediately if not sooner.  He's shown a surprising amount of emotional growth over the past few years, so him hopping in the sack with this girl he just met would be a big middle finger to that emotional growth, and just takes the cheap, easy way out.

• Love 5

Your boyfriend breaks down in the morgue at his dead mother's side and you gesture for another man to comfort him. Then you join in by wrapping yourself around the other man. Maybe it's just me, but I thought Bridget was acting weird. I deduce it's because the script is hurrying up a replay of a Hoyt/female/Jason. Maybe as repeat, maybe for a happy ending this time (which will not be a threesome a la Hemlock Grove.) 

(Also not Hoyt/Jason.)

Edited by sjohnson
  • Love 1

Blah blah YAWN Blah A fucking Bill flashback. Blah blah YAWN Blah. Season 1 Reference. Season 1 Reference. Season 1 Reference. OMFG. Yet. Another. Bill. Flashback. Arlene Yay! Andy and Holly Yay! WTF, why would I want seventeen hours about Adalyn losing her virginity Blah blah YAWN Blah Season 1 Reference. OMFG Sookie and a diseased Bill Somebody. Blind. Me. It's over. Thank God.

• Love 6

God yes. Seeing the two of them together like that makes me deeply uncomfortable. They should have nixed Sookie/Bill (or at least the explicit sex scenes) the moment those two hooked up in real life IMO.

This is funny, because they first got together while filming the pilot. 

I don't much like them together in the show, as she gets all stupid about him and he was a total jerk. Also, Alcide is barely cold in the ground....and was so pretty. You slept in his coat the night before, Sookie. 

I'm sad Amber died, because she was funny. Stop killing the entertaining ones, Show!! 

Kwanten remains the best part of this silly show (I enjoyed him vaccuming up the love nest rose petals in his undies.) I think his attraction to Hoyt's girl isn't so much "Jason's thinking with his dick" but rather, he thinks she's attractive and he's totally flipping out about it. And I think he's weirded out because Hoyt doesn't remember him. He's knows about the glamouring, but he feels weird having Hoyt back. But, as always, I'm probably giving this show too much credit. 

Edited by Pogojoco
  • Love 1

This is funny, because they first got together while filming the pilot.

I can't say I'm surprised to hear that.

I've never thought that the grossness of the later-season Bill/Sookie scenes has anything to do with Paquin and Moyer being together in real life.

I think it's more about Sookie continuing to sleep with Bill despite knowing all of the awful things he's done to her. And with both characters becoming so much more annoying over the years. And with Bill looking so much older and less attractive than he used to (and in the most recent hookup, having those disgusting blue veins all over his body.)

• Love 5

I can't say I'm surprised to hear that.

I've never thought that the grossness of the later-season Bill/Sookie scenes has anything to do with Paquin and Moyer being together in real life.

I think it's more about Sookie continuing to sleep with Bill despite knowing all of the awful things he's done to her. And with both characters becoming so much more annoying over the years. And with Bill looking so much older and less attractive than he used to (and in the most recent hookup, having those disgusting blue veins all over his body.)

This is the first time they've hooked up in like 4 seasons... since Sookie found out the truth about why Bill came to BT in the first place.

Though she did mention this week that she read his book, so maybe there were some interesting truths in there about his state of mind when he was lilith'd and it makes his behavior more forgivable since he's trying to make up for it. And then add in that he's dying, and Sookie still loves him, it adds a bit of urgency and perhaps encourages more forgiveness. 

• Love 2

I'm of the opinion that Bill's awful behavior towards Sookie goes further than his reasons for coming to Bon Temps.

Tricking her into drinking his blood and not explaining what vampire blood does to you so she would remain ignorant of it

Manipulating her into falling in love with him to acquire her for the Queen

Fang raping her, almost to death

Trying to kill Eric - twice - for being romantically interested in her

And aside from Sookie - blowing up the True Blood factories and conducting medical experiments on fairies without their permission.

The fact that he tends to turn around later and try to "make up" for it, just proves that he's manipulative and abusive. That's what abusers do.

• Love 10

Tricking her into drinking his blood and not explaining what vampire blood does to you so she would remain ignorant of it

Manipulating her into falling in love with him to acquire her for the Queen

Fang raping her, almost to death

Trying to kill Eric - twice - for being romantically interested in her

And aside from Sookie - blowing up the True Blood factories and conducting medical experiments on fairies without their permission.

The fact that he tends to turn around later and try to "make up" for it, just proves that he's manipulative and abusive. That's what abusers do.

While I will never disagree that Bill has done bad things, I do think his motivations (when in his right mind) haven't come from a place of malice. Some things- like coming to BT in the first place were orders that he couldn't refuse, or actions that he couldn't control... and he fell in love with Sookie just as much as she fell in love with him, his "acquiring" ended pretty damn fast once he met her.

But I will never agree to the idea that Bill is an abuser or that True Blood is somehow endorsing domestic violence by putting them back together. Because this show is about vampires, there is a higher degree of violence than would be acceptable in normal life... but that holds true for the behavior of any vampire who has had any romantic interest in Sookie. They have all 'fang raped' her, and manipulated her and tricked her into drinking their blood in addition to trying to kill/kidnap/mess with each other in relation to Sookie.

However, I'm sure this isn't the place to get into a debate about Bill or the morality of Vampires or True Blood in general... but I hate the laundry list posts of "Bill's bad things" when everybody else gets a pass for doing the same or worse bad things. So I couldn't not respond.

I respect that some people do not like Bill for whatever reasons, but there are also plenty of people who do.

Edited by Jjrmt
  • Love 2

I hate the laundry list posts of "Bill's bad things" when everybody else gets a pass for doing the same or worse bad things

I completely agree. It's more about the fact that Sookie, as a character, would never forgive* those things so this whole "Bill Redemption" Arc is downright painful.

*probably a bad choice of words. She's a very forgiving person. She would forgive these things and him. But I don't believe she would ever trust him enough to be with him again.

Edited by AudienceofOne
  • Love 2

Solid episode.

Eric killed Amber. I feel there's an expletive here that needs to be said about that.

Gus I don't like or trust so I'm hoping he gets killed by Pam or something within the next three episodes.

Violet using Adilyn and Wade to get to Jessica - well that should be finished with by next week I guess.

Jason's scenes with Hoyt and Bridget were okay. I preferred him as a hallucination tormenting Sarah along with Steve and that guru bloke.

Sarah's pretty screwed as well.

Nice scenes with Arlene/Sam and Arlene/Keith in this episode as well.

Lafayette/Lettie Mae just spent the episode digging which was boring to watch. Hopefully that Tara plot will be finished with as well.

Bill flashbacks are still boring me to death but I did like his scenes with Jessica and Sookie and it was nice to see Niall and Ludwig again though, 7/10

• Love 1

I completely agree. It's more about the fact that Sookie, as a character, would never forgive* those things so this whole "Bill Redemption" Arc is downright painful.

*probably a bad choice of words. She's a very forgiving person. She would forgive these things and him. But I don't believe she would ever trust him enough to be with him again.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. All of the vampires on the show have engaged in shady behavior, but my issue is that Sookie keeps forgiving Bill for all the nasty shit he has pulled on her. I blame the writers for making her such a fool.

Re: the whole Caroline being dead thing, yes, Bill came back and checked on her. But who is to say that if Caroline were a vampire she wouldn't glamour someone nobody might miss, but could at least pretend Caroline, so Caroline could have a place to stay and money and such for her kids? Remember for Portia to have been Bill's greatwhatever grand-daughter, she had to come from Bill and Caroline, not just Caroline.

Complete fanwank I know. Oooh! I hope not only is Caroline a vampire, but she was turned when she was old and wrinkly. (book spoiler):

Ancient Pythonese wrinkly. Or Warlow Wrinkly, even!

but she and Bill ride off into the moonset anyway because True Love. I don't hate Bill, I just want to see it happen now. And then Sookie ends up with Sam. (book spoiler):

Because that made as much sense in the books as what it took me three minutes to think about.

Edited by Insomnia

I agree with you whole-heartedly. All of the vampires on the show have engaged in shady behavior, but my issue is that Sookie keeps forgiving Bill for all the nasty shit he has pulled on her. I blame the writers for making her such a fool.

Forgiveness is miracle, alright??! That's why the spaghetti is so good!

:P

I hear what you are saying, but I personally just don't see the things he's done as completely unforgivable. I know the road to hell is paved with good intentions... And looking at motivations and other forces, Bill always went into things with what he thought were good intentions or for some greater good... Which often didn't work out or were misguided since ya know, TV drama...

But that's just one of those million things about True Blood that people see differently.

All across the internet, I've seen comments from a lot of people who are angry at Jason for being attracted to Hoyt's girlfriend.

I can certainly understand the reaction of "Ugh, this is probably going to be a stupid plot line." But I'm not sure I understand why people think Jason is an ass for being aroused. Unless I missed something, he hasn't acted on that arousal.

I mean, this is Jason Stackhouse. He's going to get horny anytime he seems a hot young woman. I don't think he can turn off those feelings just because the woman is an inappropriate partner. And he was clearly angry with himself for having those urges. I'm not going to be angry with the character just for being aroused.

I wouldn't have a problem with Jason's horniness either if it only happened occasionally and not perpetually. Little Jason has thought for Big Jason most of his life and it's lead to nothing but trouble, to himself and others, especially Hoyt.  One would think that after Jason betrayed Hoyt by hooking up with Jessica so soon after she broke up with Hoyt that he wouldn't even think  about messing with his best friend's girl again, but then again, Jason cheated on Violet with Jessica against what little better judgment he actually has. Jason may hate himself for having the hots for Bridget, but not enough to stop. Bridget's sending Jason mixed signals isn't helping either. Worse, Jason's thinking with his dick again has not only endangered his own life, it's put Adalin, Wade and Jessica in the crossfire and could do the same to Hoyt and Bridget too and he doesn't even know it.

I personally just don't see the things Bill has done as completely unforgivable.

A certain stripper in "9 Crimes" would disagree.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

While I liked Holly's reassurance of Andy when they were by the lake, her very definite "We are going to get through this and everything's going to be okay" type statement has me even more worried for their outcome. In the past, when someone on True Blood makes that sort of definitive statement, usually the exact opposite happens.

But... I do hope that since there are so few episodes left, that this time, Holly is going to be right. I want them to come out with a happy ending at the end of the day.

Though with Andy talking about how that lake was so beautiful, and Sam's discussion with Arlene about leaving.... it'd be funny if in the end, everybody just moves away from Bon Temps.

Jason may hate himself for having the hots for Bridget, but not enough to stop. Bridget's sending Jason mixed signals isn't helping either. Worse, Jason's thinking with his dick again has not only endangered his own life, it's put Adalin, Wade and Jessica in the crossfire and could do the same to Hoyt and Bridget too and he doesn't even know it.

Wait, did I miss something? I thought Jason did not have sex with her.

How did she do this? I feel like I am missing a scene or something?

She's been making some googly eyes back at Jason... and then pulling him in to hug Hoyt, she joined in the hug, but from Jason's side so he was sandwiched between her and Hoyt.

But I don't think this is going to go anywhere, it's just going to play on Jason's guilt- his guilt is probably actually playing a role in why he's feeling that attraction to her... he's trying so hard not to, it almost makes him want her even more. Forbidden fruit and all...

It was nice to see Niall and Dr. Ludwig again but enough with the filler episodes!

It was nice seeing them again.  But what does it say about the writers when Niall and Dr. Ludwig have had more screen time this season then Tara?  Out of all of the characters she has gotten the worse storylines.  The actress that plays Tara is probably glad this is the last season of True Blood so her torture can end.

• Love 1

Okay thanks for clearing that up.

I can't hold Jason in contempt for something he hasn't done.  Good lord, if I was condemned for looking at hot men whilst with my boyfriend, I'd never be out of jail. Looking is not touching and Jason already realizes he doesn't want to be feeling that way towards Bridget. So until he actually acts on those feelings I don't think he did anything really wrong here.

• Love 1

Sam might just say "fuck everybody," go to the beach, and turn into a dolphin.

If the past has taught us anything, it's that Sam would drown, after choosing to shift into a collie right before hitting the water.

• Love 5

My problem with this season is that there isn't enough stuff going on. Yes, too few plotlines. The show has had mostly shitty plotlines since about season 3, but there have usually been so many concurrent plotlines that episodes have zipped along at a rapid pace, whatever the quality. With the culling of plotlines this season, the shitty writing/acting is far more apparent. 

I just can't even believe that anybody thought this season was a good idea on paper. It's fucking atrocious. We just lurch from one scene to another, nothing is connected, and barely anything is happening. The only character I give a shit about is Jessica, and to a lesser extent Arlene as they're the only ones acting like real people. 

• Love 2

I can't hold Jason in contempt for something he hasn't done. Good lord, if I was condemned for looking at hot men whilst with my boyfriend, I'd never get out of jail. Looking is not touching and Jason already realizes he doesn't want to be feeling that way towards Bridget. So until he actually acts on those feelings I don't think he did anything really wrong here.

IA that as long as one keeps their hands to themselves, there's nothing wrong with finding other people physically attractive if you're in a relationship, but Jason being Jason, he'll probably behave himself this time re Bridget, but given his track record, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

The only character I give a shit about is Jessica, and to a lesser extent Arlene since they're the only ones acting like real people.

I think that Andy and Holly are acting like real people too. Arlene's storyline with Keith is sweet, especially the scene when they danced together after Arlene revealed her HepV positive status. For my money, Arlene and Keith's scenes in this episode were more convincing and sexier than Bill and Sookie's, which isn't that hard.

• Love 2

Jason ogling Hoyt's girlfriend was too much. The only point I can see to this is a redemption of sorts. The show is establishing a strong attraction to the woman on Jason's behalf to set up a situation where she comes onto him and he refuses her against all odds.  I have to admit, it would also be nice to see a girl who was not tempted by Jason for once, so maybe she'll be the one who refuses him? In all likelihood though, they'll end up fucking and I'll end up rolling my eyes. 

I kept wondering if Jason knew the girl. I couldn't figure out for a while WHY he was staring at her so strangely. She's pretty, but certainly no prettier than Jessica or Violet, both of whom he had just boinked! You'd think he'd be focused on thinking more about how to act and what to say to his friend who no longer remembered him.

God yes. Seeing the two of them together like that makes me deeply uncomfortable. They should have nixed Sookie/Bill (or at least the explicit sex scenes) the moment those two hooked up in real life IMO.

Yes! It was yucky! I could barely watch. On top of Bill's gross veiny body paint, and knowing they're married IRL -- just NO! NOT SEXY, show! It made me very, very uncomfortable.

Edited by Andromeda