Type keyword(s) to search

Matthew Morrison/Will Schuester

Pink ranger

(edited)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/matthew-morrison-good-wife-spoilers-872705

Interesting interview with THR where he talks about pursuing tv work that has short seasons. He actually got the good wife gig after meeting with the Kings for their new show braindead, he was too busy with Finding Neverland to do that pilot at the time.

Honestly a year ago I though that after glee he would return permently to Broadway so I am happy to hear that since tv is far more accessible for me.

Edited by Pink ranger
(edited)

Contractual commitments to a long Broadway run (9 months plus) are physically taxing.   So while Matt professes as his first love being  Broadway, I could see how he wants to mix things up from now on.

I don't think it's so much that Glee was a long TV run perse  as much as that he was  almost completely wasted   after the first season or so, and his character languished in the perfect storm of poor development and stupid insipid plots.

Edited by caracas1914

I could see him as Corny Collins in the upcoming live Hairspray production on NBC. He was Link in the OBC so has the connections and knows the show inside out and the time commitment that would be required seems to fit what he desires.

I wonder if/when he and his wife are going on their honeymoon. They said that they where planning to go after Matt left Finding Neverland. Maybe after he finishes the good wife. It's crazy to think that he hasn't actually had time for a proper honeymoon during the 1 1/2 years since getting married. It's just been back to back work.

I wonder if/when he and his wife are going on their honeymoon. They said that they where planning to go after Matt left Finding Neverland. Maybe after he finishes the good wife. It's crazy to think that he hasn't actually had time for a proper honeymoon during the 1 1/2 years since getting married. It's just been back to back work.

Well, they were in Italy for a little over a week. That was a nice trip.

They might not feel safe enough to travel right now with all the terrorist stuff.

1 hour ago, ualagirl said:

Hey, looks like his piano player was none other than Brad!  Life imitating art...

Interestingly enough, the two of them have actually known each other for 20 years or so, but I don't think they had seen each other for awhile until " Glee" started. Brad used to play at the theater camps Matt went to when he was around 10 years-old.

Having rewatched quite a few episodes, I think the only way Schuester is better than Sue is only because he doesn't actually commit physical violence (and if you look at the first 13 episodes, that was largely funny). His gross preference for Finn and ridiculous behaviour makes me like him a whole lot less than the other teachers.

That said - MM was a great all round singer/actor/dancer. He could have got better scripts.

3 hours ago, Sara2009 said:

It sounds like Matt is the plaintiff from the way it's worded.

I was just playing with the roles thing.

Seems the guy must be at least treating to sue Matthew for payment.

I remember being excited in 2014 when Matt filmed 3 movies, Tulip Fever, Underdogs and After the reality. Now all three seem to be DOA. 

I hope that he gets a better one soon or a series regular TV role. I can't get to any of his concerts or Broadway shows so am not that interested in following those. 

Actually Renee, his wife, said on her Instagram account during their vacation that they where moving to Italy. Maybe he has a movie there ? They are too young and seem too ambitious to be retiring from their careers yet. 

So they will own homes in New York, Los Angles and somewhere in Italy? Dahm, I want that lifestyle. 

good for them though. I remember him saying that they rented out his smaller pre glee New York apartment to pay the mortgage on the bigger one they brought to live in during Finding Neverland. So he has been building a property portfolio for 10 years or so now. 

Sarah, is the key change that Matt did here near the end of neverland the same as what is       currently performed on the Broadway show? I can't remember what  that arrangement sounded like.