Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: I Ain't Goin' Out Like That

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The gang celebrates a birthday, but not everyone is happy about it. As Olivia and Spencer's relationship grows stronger, Olivia struggles with the rift between Billy and Spencer. Jordan's buried feelings come to the surface leaving his and Billy's relationship strained. Meanwhile, Asher is trying to come to terms with his football career but is hopeful when he goes to see a new doctor.

Airdate: 11/01/2021

I totally forgot about Droopy Dawg and his broken ticker.  I was on his mom’s side, too.  Coach was way way out of line with what she said, that was absolutely not her place.

Finally someone listened to poor Layla, god.  How many times did she have to say no for cod’s sack.

Poor Coop.  Also Patience give her a damned second, it’s not about you.

• Love 2

I agreed with Asher's mom too.  I'm glad that he is done with football, because otherwise it could have ended up like several basketball players in the '90s, where they manage to get someone to clear them after heart problems and they end up dead.  I would have thought Coach would have been more inclined to encourage him to go into coaching and tell him he was good at it or something.  After Asher's mom said something to Montes about her failed football dreams, I hope there won't be some storyline flashing back to when she played.  There are already enough characters on the show that half of them have to be out of each episode, lots of convenient "out of town" trips.  She's probably so overly invested in Asher because her own child seems to have vanished! 

It was interesting when Coop and Asher were interacting for possibly the first time, though not such a good thing considering their state of mind and what Coop took from it.  I hope she won't go back into the gang.  I had no idea what storyline they were going to have for her, though not surprising that it's depressing.  I thought maybe people would not believe Mo could ever do anything bad and the community would turn on Coop again.  Doesn't Patience know she should try to support Coop or she will get written off the show?  She hardly ever is seen with any of the other regulars besides Spencer.  I can't remember if her dad had appeared before.  I was like, "Why is some guy suddenly popping up in her room?" because he looked too young to be her dad.

I felt bad for Layla with how stupid everyone was being, especially Jordan being like "Woo!  Party!" when Olivia and Simone had at least been observant enough to realize she didn't want one.  Sure, blame everything on J.J. when he's not even in the episode.  I hope the piñata doesn't give me nightmares.  If the storyline were still in fall, they could have had a special Halloween episode and had it haunt the characters.

About the preview: 

Spoiler

I can't imagine Spencer actually leaves for Toledo, at least not for long, or it would make for one very short or disjoined season!

Edited by KWalkerInc
Originally made it sound like Asher's mom had played football.

Billy's behavior is ridiculous. This is really ruining his character for me and I tend to usually be pretty invested in Billy. 

Of course Coop can't rap anymore. I really need for her to have a happy storyline. And honestly, I do not blame Patience one bit if she can't do this anymore with Coop. But, if the writers want to keep the character around, they really need to involve her with other characters otherwise they may as well just write her out the show.

Ugh, I'm just not feeling Layla. I used to love her so much but she is being so over the top. I understand wanting to be heard and that she didn't want a birthday party. But sometimes you just suck it up because having a birthday party thrown for you and your dad calling you Princess is really not that big of a deal in the scheme of things. She is being really melodramatic.

• Love 1