Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Abishola is caught in the middle when Morenike agrees to be the "plus one" in Kemi and Chukwuemeka's relationship. When Bob refuses to pay for Douglas' company car, he learns what it's like to live on a budget.

Airdate: 11/01/2021

I don't know where this show can go now that Bob and Abishola are married. I don't see many interesting storylines here. The best thing about the show would have been the developing relationship and discoveries about how differently they have grown up..All went too fast for me.

• Love 3

Really enjoyed this episode.

Im thinking that they just don't know what to do with Kemi and Chewie relationship. Chewie is so pussy whipped he won't even say if he truly wants kids or not. In reality Chewie and Kemi have a 5 year difference. I'm hoping they end this storyline.

Liked the Douglas and bus driver interaction. I hope they bring her on as a recurring character.  Enjoyed the Douglas/Kemi scenes too,

Hoping they figure out how to use Christina better besides her being boozy and crazy.

• Love 9

Douglas and the bus driver were really cute, I hope they bring her back again. Douglas on the bus was hilarious in general, especially with Kemi, who I don't think he has really had scenes with before. "I was constantly bumping into trashcans and short people."

• Love 2
4 hours ago, greekmom said:

Really enjoyed this episode.

Im thinking that they just don't know what to do with Kemi and Chewie relationship. Chewie is so pussy whipped he won't even say if he truly wants kids or not. In reality Chewie and Kemi have a 5 year difference. I'm hoping they end this storyline.

Liked the Douglas and bus driver interaction. I hope they bring her on as a recurring character.  Enjoyed the Douglas/Kemi scenes too,

Hoping they figure out how to use Christina better besides her being boozy and crazy.

And desperate for a man! I cringe whenever Christina appears on screen.  
I thought the plan was for Chewie…make that Chewie’s mom and Kemi to pick a surrogate mother not for him to marry another woman.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Back when Family Ties was on, the phrase "Oh no, a Jennifer episode" was common. Now we get a Kemi episode. Oooph.

Considering she's a co-creator, executive producer, and writer, there will probably be more. I think Kemi is a hoot! Can do without boring Chewie, he can go ahead and marry the cousin.

Douglas on the bus was fun! Dottie came off as whack-a-doo. I like the bus driver, but what happens when she finds out that's his mom and sister?

Agree, they need to find something good to do with Christina.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I thought the plan was for Chewie…make that Chewie’s mom and Kemi to pick a surrogate mother not for him to marry another woman.

I was always under the impression Kemi and the mother teamed up to pick the woman who would bear his children/his mother's grandchildren since Kemi is too old.

5 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I was always under the impression Kemi and the mother teamed up to pick the woman who would bear his children/his mother's grandchildren since Kemi is too old.

That’s what I said: pick a surrogate mother to bear Chewie’s children while he stayed with Kemi.

• Love 1

I feel like this went from being a cute show about how an American businessman falls in love with a Nigerian woman and how they interact with all their kooky friends and relatives, to a show about all the kooky friends and relatives of an American businessman and his Nigerian wife.  And while I like all those characters I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I like Kemi and Chewie and any of the others more when they are peripheral to Bob and Abishola as main characters.  But now that Bob and Abishola are married it looks like the rest of them are going to be more front and center and the married couple will be more to the side. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I feel like this went from being a cute show about how an American businessman falls in love with a Nigerian woman and how they interact with all their kooky friends and relatives, to a show about all the kooky friends and relatives of an American businessman and his Nigerian wife.

It is not like executive producer Chuck Lorre doesn't know what it feels like to rely on a main character, only to have than character leave, causing your show to get cancelled. Maybe he is trying to give the other characters some room to grow to do some of the heavy lifting for the main characters.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I think the issue is that the mother doesn't like Kemi and her motivation was to undermine the relationship, as well as to get grandchildren. And Kemi doesn't want to be in a relationship where there is another wife, or where children will be a focus of her partner's life. She's not interested in adding another woman OR a bunch of kids to the situation. 

They officially agreed to find a woman to bear kids, but Kemi was trying to shoot down all the prospects, and mom was trying to select someone who would undermine Kemi's position. Finally, mom decided to go ahead without Kemi, and Kemi decided her only option was to leave.

It was never a case that they both wanted to find someone just to act as a surrogate to produce grandchildren. The agreement was a ruse.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

It is not like executive producer Chuck Lorre doesn't know what it feels like to rely on a main character, only to have than character leave, causing your show to get cancelled. Maybe he is trying to give the other characters some room to grow to do some of the heavy lifting for the main characters.

I doubt he has to worry about that in this case but anything is possible.  I'm thinking of another show of his where there were a few main characters and eventually all of them got married but one.  But the show still found ways to make plots for the characters themselves despite being married.  I'm not sure Bob and Abishola's characters will be developed that way.  I guess we'll see.

I actually enjoyed this episode. I hope that Douglas and the bus driver develop a healthy relationship. It was fun watching the Chewbaca family go at it over the potential new-birthing wife. I don't understand how this culture could claim to be quite Christian, yet espouse multiple wives?

• Love 1

I don't understand how this culture could claim to be quite Christian, yet espouse multiple wives?

Well, if you read the Bible there is nothing forbidding plural marriage in the New Testament, and several plural marriages in the Old Testament.

Nigeria has a large Muslim and a large "pagan" population, so I suspect that there are no laws forbidding plural marriage there. And a religious marriage is not a legal marriage, it has to be performed by an officiant who is authorized by the civil authorities and registered  to be legal. 
When the couple "sign the register" THAT is the legal marriage.

In any case, Kemi and Chuy are not married and did not plan to be.

OTOH-   Kemi is supposed to have a son the same age as her lover, but in real life the age difference is five years?

Shades of Mrs Robinson.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, femmefan1946 said:

Kemi is supposed to have a son the same age as her lover, but in real life the age difference is five years?

IRL Kemi/Gina Yasher is 47 and Chuy/Tony Tambi is 42
--both old enough to be grandparents in many places in the US.
But, in show, if Chuy is the same age as Kemi's oldest child, Kemi may also be 47, but then Chuy has to be 31. 
Maybe Kemi is 50 and Chuy is 35 (since her son is, in Kemi's words, "six months younger!" than Chuy).
So. Yeah:

7 hours ago, femmefan1946 said:

Shades of Mrs Robinson.

• Love 1

I love Douglas. Matt Jones has a great delivery. Chewbacca!

He is good, but I think he is still playing Baxter from Mom.  The character has a different name, a different job, and you don't see his ex-wives (yet), but he still is a lovable, lying, loser. I  think Bob <heart> Abishola even has the timeslot that Mom once had.

1 hour ago, Mermaid Under said:

He is good, but I think he is still playing Baxter from Mom.  The character has a different name, a different job, and you don't see his ex-wives (yet), but he still is a lovable, lying, loser. I  think Bob <heart> Abishola even has the timeslot that Mom once had.

Matt Jones' Breaking Bad character was a stoned loveable loser too.

• Love 1