Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Good Intentions

zapper
  • Start Topic

Jamie and Eddie experience marital tension when Eddie allows her newly released ex-convict father to live with them; Danny and Baez go out of their way to help a desperate man find his missing sister.

I did not expect that lady convict Anthony was helping to be a cold-hearted killer. She was sympathetic earlier in the episode and so scary at the end

Always nice to see Stacy Keach. I’m glad the Archbishop and Frank were able to work things out

i can’t help but feel great satisfaction when the bad guy gets flattened by a vehicle while running away

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 4

I was unable to concentrate on Jamie/Eddie’s story because that’s not the same Armin Janko. It’s too obvious. In S09, it was played by William Sadler.

Nice, unexpected twists on both cases investigated by Danny/Baez and Anthony/Erin.

Frank’s story is…🥱😵😴

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I was unable to concentrate on Jamie/Eddie’s story because that’s not the same Armin Janko. It’s too obvious. In S09, it was played by William Sadler.

Nice, unexpected twists on both cases investigated Danny/Baez and Anthony/Erin.

Frank’s story is…🥱😵😴

I thought something seemed off. Also they should have had them back for Sunday dinner. 

• Love 2

I knew something was up with the man pretending to be the missing woman's brother from the moment we first saw him. 

I wished Frank's storyline had played out slightly differently. The idea of Frank and the Archbishop bonding over being the responsible grown-ups dealing with younger less reasonable subordinates had potential but I wished it had been better developed. I wish the episode had shown Frank dealing with intergenerational tension on the force in this episode. 

• Love 1

another 4 story episode, and another meh episode for certain.

1. The dad who came in from the cold - Sure, jail can change a man, but William Sadler, please come back. I've been watching and rewatching the Jesse Stone series and Gino Fish was such a great character. The missed opportunity of Selleck and Sadler at the dinner table would be palatable. Instead we get a charming scene of the Reagans at the table patting themselves on the back on how they would have welcomed the sinner to the saints table.  Other than that, the dad story was boring and underused.

2. The "sister" who wouldn't marry. Yeah, this one smelt off from the start. Danny suddenly becoming the enlightened "stop crime before it's crime, not after we need clean up on alley 5" guy, only to have it turn out that "brother" was a stalking ex-fiance ready for his first (first?) restraining order. A bit more interesting than the Dad story, but mostly from the satisfying SQUENNNCH sound from the foley team when the guy was hit off-camera.  Gotta ask though - how did uber cop danny in his uber fast muscle car get followed by uber creep fiance? Inquiring minds want to know.

3. The innocent not-so-innocent.  Bad Bad Bad. A bit of a turn in the end, but not really that much. Did I guess what was us? No. Was I surprised? Also no. But I was impressed by that actress giving a fully believable innocent victim being brutalized in jail act followed by an over the top evil gang leader - while keeping to the same base character. Very nice acting.  Question - if the gun was lying on a sheet dockside, why put it back in a baggy of the Hudson's finest? And if the bag was still dripping wet when Anthony got to the office, they need to invest in a better brand of ziplock.

4. The father who couldn't keep mum.  Potentially the best of the lot. Stacy Keach, currently relevant story, scripted in Baker for a bigger part that didn't require her husband's plot (that is now twice in 12 seasons). Still not sure why Sid came along to the church for muscle, but there you have it. Mostly a wasted potential in this story.

Sigh. maybe next episode will fare better.

10 hours ago, zapper said:

The "sister" who wouldn't marry. Yeah, this one smelt off from the start. Danny suddenly becoming the enlightened "stop crime before it's crime, not after we need clean up on alley 5" guy, only to have it turn out that "brother" was a stalking ex-fiance ready for his first (first?) restraining order.

Did Danny and Baez really do nothing to validate this guys story before looking for her? Is that normal police work?

I'm not a fan of Eddie plots, Jamie's over her lying and sneaking around to his face over taking a test? 

Danny's story was best, he tried to be proactive and it became a kidnapping case. 

2 hours ago, judyri said:

Is that normal police work?

This show hasn't had so much as a casual one-night-stand with real police work for years. Find out everything to know about the person you're looking for. Dump her phone, check for known aliases, trace financials. If you don't get any hits on anything after a specific date that's a clue that either she's met with foul play or has otherwise changed her identity. When was the last time her phone pinged off a tower, and where was that tower located (cell records are good within a few feet in many places now)? Who was she calling, or better still, texting? Pull a phone and you get *all* text messages since word go. Trace her movements that way, talk to the people she talked to or texted with. Someone will know the story and spill. 

On 11/8/2021 at 10:25 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

This show hasn't had so much as a casual one-night-stand with real police work for years.

So true.

And when they figured out Eddie's dad had been kidnapped, they didn't bother to notify anyone else...just 2 off-duty policeman searching for a kidnap victim they are related to. Didn't bother calling for backup when they figured out where the Dad was (I noted the building was one over in Long Island City...they shoot so much of the show around us!). So Jamie gets to kill the drug dealer with no one to witness it except his wife/cop. No problems THERE!

And no matter what actor plays him, I'm sure Eddie's dad will be in trouble again.

• Love 1

I did a quick google search to find out if 911 calls were public record.  I didn't want to dive deep and the first two thing that popped up were one that said they were confidential and one that said they were public record, so I'm not even going to try to figure it out.  But, I will say that anyone who protests for defunding the police and then calls 911 for the police (as opposed to fire or ambulance) is the biggest hypocrite on the face of the earth and I have no problem whatsoever with is being exposed.

I knew something was going to be up with the "brother."  Danny and Baez are homicide cops so really nothing made sense anyway.

Wasn't Jamie trying to get Eddie to let her dad into her life and her resisting the last time?  Ok, so we'll switch positions.

I liked Erin and Anthony's story the best.  I was fully expecting that woman to be innocent. But, if Anthony had listened to Erin and slowed his roll there wouldn't be a potential hit on their lives now.  Not that I'm worried about that.  I'm jsut saying. And I will also say that my first thought was "how do you know she didn't toss it after she did the hit."  But, then I clearly promptly forgot about that