Type keyword(s) to search

Arcane - General Discussion

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Arcane League of Legends is based on the hugely popular MOBA game "League of Legends" from Riot Games.

Arcane League of Legends is divided into 3 Acts with 3 Episodes in each Act. Act 1 premieres November 6 at 7pm PT on Netflix right after the League of Legends World Final. Act 2 airs November 13 with Episodes 4-6 and Act 3 airs November 20 with Episodes 7-9.

episode_release-1280.jpg?itok=yreP1qbw

Arcane League of Legends dives into the delicate balance between the rich Utopian city of Piltover and the seedy oppressed underground city of Zaun. The creation of hextech, a way for any person to control magical energy, has threatened the balance between the two cities.

The story begins by following the lives of two sisters Jinx and Vi, the creation of iconic League of Legends champions like Jinx, Vi, Jayce, and Caitlyn, as well as the power destined to tear them apart.

“Arcane is a story of duality,” explained Arcane co-creator Alex Yee. “How characters become divided across two halves of a city with values and opportunities that are opposite but complementary. Each with their own merits and flaws. You may be the hero in your story, but the villain in someone else’s.”

VI (Hailee Steinfeld)
1055558-en-usarcanevi-1280.jpg?itok=f375

JINX (Ella Purnell)
1055558-en-usarcanejinx-1280.jpg?itok=fd

JAYCE (Kevin Alejandro)
1055558-en-usarcanejayce-1280.jpg?itok=x

CAITLYN (Katie Leung)
1055558-en-usarcanecaitlyn-1280.jpg?itok

SILCO (Jason Spisak)
1055558-en-usarcanesilco-1280.jpg?itok=A

MEL (Toks Olagundoye)
1055558-en-usarcanemel-1280.jpg?itok=oWV

VANDER (JB Blanc)
1055558-en-usarcanevander-1280.jpg?itok=

VIKTOR (Harry Lloyd)
1055558-en-usarcaneviktor-1280.jpg?itok=

Heimerdinger
1055608-heimerdinger-1280.jpg?itok=XLIiV

Zaun

1055608-zaun-1280.jpg?itok=WJ7Ejv2-

Episode Guide and Summary   Episodes 1-3     November 6

Spoiler

S01.E01: Welcome to the Playground

Orphaned sisters Vi and Powder bring trouble to Zaun's underground streets in the wake of a heist in posh Piltover.

S01.E02: Some Mysteries Are Better Left Unsolved

Idealistic inventor Jayce attempts to harness magic through science - despite his mentor's warnings. Criminal kingpin Silco tests a powerful substance. 

S01.E03: The Base Violence Necessary For Change

An epic showdown between old rivals results in a fateful moment for Zaun. Jayce and Viktor risk it all for their research.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:45 PM, AnimeMania said:

Episode Guide and Summary   Episodes 1-3     November 6

Hide contents

S01.E01: Welcome to the Playground

Orphaned sisters Vi and Powder bring trouble to Zaun's underground streets in the wake of a heist in posh Piltover.

S01.E02: Some Mysteries Are Better Left Unsolved

Idealistic inventor Jayce attempts to harness magic through science - despite his mentor's warnings. Criminal kingpin Silco tests a powerful substance. 

S01.E03: The Base Violence Necessary For Change

An epic showdown between old rivals results in a fateful moment for Zaun. Jayce and Viktor risk it all for their research.

Powder really screwed up everything, didn't she? Vi and her crew almost succeeded in rescuing Vander and make a run for their lives, then Powder came in and get her own family killed. So sad and so infuriating...  Not to mention it is her fault they were in this mess to begin with...

• Love 5

Episode Guide and Summary   Episodes 4-6     November 13

Spoiler

S01.E04: Happy Progress Day! 
With Piltover prospering from their tech, Jayce and Viktor weigh their next move. A familiar face re-emerges from Zaun to wreak havoc.

S01.E05: Everybody Wants to Be My Enemy

Rogue enforcer Caitlyn tours the undercity to track down Silco. Jayce puts a target on his back trying to root out Piltover corruption.

S01.E06: When These Walls Come Tumbling Down
An eager protégé undermines his mentor on the council as a magical tech rapidly evolves. With authorities in pursuit, Jinx must face her past. 

On 11/11/2021 at 2:12 PM, showme said:

Not to mention it is her fault they were in this mess to begin with...

I would say it's Vi's fault, since she is the one who decided they can do this job without notifying Vander. All of them were there to steals things and Powder actually found something valuable. Jayce coming home unexpectedly is not Power's fault. They all had to run at that point, and if I recall, Powder accidentally dropped one of the crystals. She didn't know it would explode.

On 11/11/2021 at 2:12 PM, showme said:

Powder really screwed up everything, didn't she? Vi and her crew almost succeeded in rescuing Vander and make a run for their lives, then Powder came in and get her own family killed. So sad and so infuriating

I agree it was sad and infuriating, it certainly didn't go the way I expected it. I felt bad for Powder when she finally realized what she had done only to have Vi abandon her all while instilling in her what everyone else thought. That she was a jinx and screws everything up, which ironically is what made her act the way she did in the first place.

I'm really surprised there are so few responses to this thread. I find the animation top notch and the story is very intriguing.

• Love 5

It certainly did not go the way I expected either - there was no hero turn for Powder. As for whose fault it was - I'd say the group as a whole had failed. Not just because they pulled a heist without Vander. If they were so worried about Powder they should not have left her wander off during the heist. And if they had been less of assholes towards Powder in the first place she had not felt the desperate need to prove herself.

Did they explain how VI ended up in prison. That wasn't really her with the "flying skateboard" gang flying on the floor that was on fire. Jinx just hallucinated that part, right? How could Jinx shoot that many bullets and barely hit anybody?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Did they explain how VI ended up in prison. That wasn't really her with the "flying skateboard" gang flying on the floor that was on fire. Jinx just hallucinated that part, right? How could Jinx shoot that many bullets and barely hit anybody?

I thought it was Vi. Powder shot her in the back (where her board was harnessed which saved her from a killing blow) and lying on the deck at the end of the confrontation. I assumed she was picked up when security first arrived, pre-Caitlin doing her solo investigation. I could be wrong.

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I thought it was Vi. Powder shot her in the back (where her board was harnessed which saved her from a killing blow) and lying on the deck at the end of the confrontation. I assumed she was picked up when security first arrived, pre-Caitlin doing her solo investigation. I could be wrong.

I wasn't sure because what Powder sees is not very reliable. VI would have been lying in the flames an awful long time, if there were even flames there at all. The "flying skateboard" gang attacks VI later in the next episode, so much for loyalty. 

That would also mean that VI was only arrested a few days/weeks ago in the story. I hadn't watched episode 6 when I wrote that.

VI said that she was arrested right after Vander's death. Which might explain why so many years passed without her trying to find Powder.

17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I wasn't sure because what Powder sees is not very reliable. VI would have been lying in the flames an awful long time, if there were even flames there at all. The "flying skateboard" gang attacks VI later in the next episode, so much for loyalty. 

That would also mean that VI was only arrested a few days/weeks ago in the story. I hadn't watched episode 6 when I wrote that.

VI said that she was arrested right after Vander's death. Which might explain why so many years passed without her trying to find Powder.

I agree my theory was incorrect. When I had wrote my post I had only just finished episode 4. I have now finished episode 6. It sounds like Vi was in prison for years if she was captured after the events of episode 3.

I really liked the team up of Vi and Caitlin, and also enjoy the way they depict Jinx's unstable mind.

For knowing nothing about the game this series is based up, I am really enjoying the story line.

• Love 3
On 11/18/2021 at 6:20 PM, AnimeMania said:
On 11/18/2021 at 11:36 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

One of the telling signs of the scene is the "Vi" that Powder sees is of a much smaller frame than Powder and can't even handle her grip.  

Episode Guide and Summary   Episodes 7-9     November 20

Spoiler

S01E07: The Boy Savior
Caitlyn and Vi meet an ally in Zaun's streets and head into a frenzied battle with a common foe. Viktor makes a dire decision.

S01E08: Oil and Water
Disowned heir Mel and her visiting mother trade combat tactics. Caitlyn and Vi forge an unlikely alliance. Jinx undergoes a startling change.

S01E09: The Monster You Created
Previously close to war, the leaders of Piltover and Zaun reach an ultimatum. But a fateful standoff changes both cities forever.

That praise seems well deserved. I'm surprised there's not more buzz - it's fantastic. I'll have to rewatch as I missed tons of details - it's so packed that I have a long list of questions. The one that for some reason bugs me the most: who created the firelights? 

• Love 1

That was one hell of a cliffhanger ending. So glad there will be a season two because I need to know what happens next.

Ever since Jayce introduced the Atlas Gauntlets I've been waiting for Vi to get her hands in them, and she didn't disappoint.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:06 PM, MissLucas said:

That praise seems well deserved. I'm surprised there's not more buzz - it's fantastic.

I agree, even with the lack of posters in this forum. Reminds me of Netflix's animated anthology series Love, Death and Robots which is awesome as well but folks barely seemed to talk about.

I guess she really deserved the name "Jinx", every time something good is going to happen, she comes in with her bombs and rockets and ruins everything, not to mention she kills all the fathers in her life and almost everyone else close to her.

Vi should stay far away from her, sister and all.

• Love 2

Netflix’s ‘Arcane’ Is No. 1 Digital Original Series With US Audiences, Claims Report

top10-2021-11-23-digital-original-1.png?

Arcane was the third-most in-demand series in the world across all platforms. Globally, Arcane had 67.1x more demand than the average show worldwide, trailing only Amazon Prime Video’s The Wheel of Time (74.8x) and HBO’s Game of Thrones (70.7x).

Audience demand for the show has grown exponentially since it debuted – up 629% with global audiences and 228% with American audiences between its debut on November 6 to November 21, the last day of data available for this analysis.

13 hours ago, DigitalCount said:

I mean, like is a broad term. I'm fairly certain I'd never let her anywhere near anything I cared about.

Well for me it was more like, someone please kill this annoying brat. Jinx isn't any better. For me the only satisfying ending is is Vi kills Jinx. Tragic and overly melodramatic though it might be. I can't deal with any attempt to excuse her actions or redeem her.

• Love 2
On 12/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Well for me it was more like, someone please kill this annoying brat. Jinx isn't any better. For me the only satisfying ending is is Vi kills Jinx. Tragic and overly melodramatic though it might be. I can't deal with any attempt to excuse her actions or redeem her.

I completely empathize with how Vi reacted to her blowing up their entire family (and Vi is actually my favorite character), but I do have a lot of empathy for Jinx/Powder. She was showing signs of early schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder even as a kid, and she seems to be experiencing psychotic and/or disassociative episodes in the present. She's struggling with multiple mental illnesses in a world that seems to have zero mental heath literacy, let alone treatment or therapy, and she was partially raised by a ruthless crime lord who discouraged her from trusting anyone but him.

I don't think sending the message that a mentally ill and emotionally manipulated young woman is so beyond saving that her own already-traumatized sister has to beat her to death is the right move. It's also the predictable path since the writers set them up to parallel Vander/Silco, and we know how that turned out. Plus it's a complete non-arc for Vi, who is likely going to have to learn that some problems can't be solved by beating them to a pulp. I mean, that moment when she slapped Powder is shown as being her biggest regret, and a mistake that she was prevented from trying to rectify and can never take back, so forcing her to then compound that act by killing her sister is just way too... ugly. They both deserve better.

I hope the show ends up being about breaking cycles of trauma, not perpetuating them.

Edited by LaMatadita
  • Love 5
On 12/19/2021 at 10:43 AM, LaMatadita said:

I completely empathize with how Vi reacted to her blowing up their entire family (and Vi is actually my favorite character), but I do have a lot of empathy for Jinx/Powder. She was showing signs of early schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder even as a kid, and she seems to be experiencing psychotic and/or disassociative episodes in the present. She's struggling with multiple mental illnesses in a world that seems to have zero mental heath literacy, let alone treatment or therapy, and she was partially raised by a ruthless crime lord who discouraged her from trusting anyone but him.

I don't think sending the message that a mentally ill and emotionally manipulated young woman is so beyond saving that her own already-traumatized sister has to beat her to death is the right move. It's also the predictable path since the writers set them up to parallel Vander/Silco, and we know how that turned out. Plus it's a complete non-arc for Vi, who is likely going to have to learn that some problems can't be solved by beating them to a pulp. I mean, that moment when she slapped Powder is shown as being her biggest regret, and a mistake that she was prevented from trying to rectify and can never take back, so forcing her to then compound that act by killing her sister is just way too... ugly. They both deserve better.

I hope the show ends up being about breaking cycles of trauma, not perpetuating them.

ehhhh...rationally I empathise with this and get what you're saying but also every time Jinx shows up on screen I go "somebody kill her already" just cause every time she shows up something terrible happens. It's unfortunate but that's how they've established her. How many lives are on her conscience? she's not just a traumatised, mentally unstable young woman she's a mass murderer and an unpredictable one at that. She's pretty much murdered every person who ever got close to her, if I were Vi I'd consider THAT. Honestly, while I agree that it would be a better arc for Vi to learn that problems shouldn't be solved by beating others to a pulp, it kinda feels like...a lot of problems WOULD be solved if someone beat Jinx to a pulp. Given that the world they live in has no patience for mental illness or interest in treatments or therapy, killing her might be the only thing anyone can do for her cause leaving her alive is just gonna cost more and more people their lives.

idk I get that she's a popular character in the game but in a narrative show like this I just think a lot people will have little sympathy for a character who exists solely to destroy everyone else's hopes and dreams. No idea how they're gonna get around that in subsequent seasons.

• Love 5
On 1/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, KatWay said:

She's pretty much murdered every person who ever got close to her, if I were Vi I'd consider THAT.

I don't think "murder" is quite the right word to use for those particular people, though. Killing her family was an accident, and killing Silco was an instinctive split-second decision to save Vi, who would probably otherwise be dead. I'm not saying she hasn't committed murder in other instances, but she's not deliberately taking out the people close to her.

Given that the world they live in has no patience for mental illness or interest in treatments or therapy, killing her might be the only thing anyone can do for her cause leaving her alive is just gonna cost more and more people their lives.

This is definitely the dilemma that Vi and Caitlyn will be faced with next season, but if the showrunners are setting us up to think the outcome will be inevitably tragic (which the S2 teaser seems to be doing), then are they really going to just give us what we expect? 

The season finale was, essentially, an elegant, cyclical repeat of the end of Act 1. In Act 1, viewers were primed to expect a moment of triumph for Powder, and they subverted that into a tragedy that felt like a point of no return. For the final two Acts of S1, viewers were still encouraged to hope that Vi could get through to her sister and that they could reconcile, and again, those hopes were dashed by another "there's no coming back from that" moment. If that's all this series has up its sleeve--encourage viewers to hope for Jinx and Vi to forgive each other, encourage viewers to hope for Vi and Caitlyn to be able to have a life together at some point, and then slap viewers' hands away again and again--then what is the point? When showrunners settle for simply shocking viewers in painful ways and repeatedly denying fans things that the writing deliberately created longing and hope for in the first place, then they have mistaken emotionally abusing their audience for good writing. They can't keep using the same "let's subvert hope into tragedy" trick over and over again without it becoming cheap and emotionally manipulative. There needs to be some light at the end of the tunnel, and "Jinx dies tragically and Vi breaks into a million pieces" ain't it.

There's also the fact that this whole mess with Jinx, Vi, and Caitlyn is actually an unconventional love triangle, and eliminating the Jinx side of the triangle by having her meet a bad end actually makes it less likely for Caitlyn and Vi to be together, especially if either of them takes Jinx out. I don't think there's going to be a sunshine and rainbows ending for Vi and Jinx, but something bittersweet that Vi can actually mentally recover from, and that won't require Caitlyn to be her eternal emotional crutch, should not be out of the question.

idk I get that she's a popular character in the game but in a narrative show like this I just think a lot people will have little sympathy for a character who exists solely to destroy everyone else's hopes and dreams. No idea how they're gonna get around that in subsequent seasons.

Every character in the show is a shade of grey, and if people can empathize with Silco, they can empathize with Jinx. The writing repeatedly encourages viewers to empathize with Jinx, even in the final scene of S1, and she's the most popular character in the show, so I don't see it being that much of a problem for most viewers. That said, I'm definitely unclear on what her mental state is going to be in S2 (I'm especially unclear on whether she had a breakthrough with her BPD or not) and whether the writers will still try to encourage viewers to empathize with her. It's going to be a long wait to find out...

Edited by LaMatadita
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, LaMatadita said:

The writing repeatedly encourages viewers to empathize with Jinx, even in the final scene of S1, and she's the most popular character in the show, so I don't see it being that much of a problem for most viewers.

Do you mean she's the most popular character from the game (which I know nothing about) to appear in the show, or do you mean she's the most popular character in the show, period?

That said, I do have sympathy for Jinx and I agree that the show wants viewers to feel that way, since Caitlyn couldn't bring herself to kill Jinx even after saying she was too far gone. And it wasn't because her not-quite-official-yet-girlfriend was pleading, it was because Caitlyn finally saw the scared little girl side of Jinx.

The reboot of She-Ra had a similar issue with the Catra character (not in terms of mental illness, Catra wasn't that, but in terms of doing a lot of terrible things) and got through it, so I'm sure Arcane can manage a redemption arc at some point. (Since I don't know anything about the game, Jinx reminds me most of the Alice character from Batwoman.)

I'm wondering how/why Jinx's missile is foiled. It has to be foiled, because half the cast is in the room the missile's aimed at. Maybe she didn't really make it lethal and so when it crashes through the window a "ha ha" flag pops up instead of it exploding?

I'm a bit annoyed Vi and Caitlyn made it the entire season without at least kissing, but their romance was well-done and I'm certainly looking forward to more of it in S2.

I like that on this show it's very hard to judge what the right thing to do is much of the time, especially on the geopolitical level. Like Mel wanting a peaceful solution, but Vi feeling that just abandons Zaum to the likes of Silco. Jayce truly and always means well, but he ping-pongs so much about what is the right thing to do. The Caitlyn character seems to be the closest to a reliable barometer, which is why her sparing Jinx is significant. And while this world doesn't seem to have much in the way of understanding of mental illness or things that can be done to help mentally ill people, with all the shimmer/gemstones/hexstuff floating around maybe one of those things can be found to work as a medicine for Jinx, to eliminate the voices in her head.

With Silco dead there's a power vacuum now in Zaum, and I'm very curious to see what happens there.

• Love 3
On 1/15/2022 at 3:27 PM, Black Knight said:

Do you mean she's the most popular character from the game (which I know nothing about) to appear in the show, or do you mean she's the most popular character in the show, period?

I honestly couldn't tell you who the most popular character in the game is because I've never played it! But the most popular character in the show is Jinx. She has won every single favorite character poll I've seen anywhere. Depending on where the poll is, i.e. who is doing the voting, second place is usually Viktor or Vi. I've seen Vi lose by less than a percentage point, though. and usually by less than Viktor, so I'd say she's the second most popular. 

The reboot of She-Ra had a similar issue with the Catra character (not in terms of mental illness, Catra wasn't that, but in terms of doing a lot of terrible things) and got through it, so I'm sure Arcane can manage a redemption arc at some point. (Since I don't know anything about the game, Jinx reminds me most of the Alice character from Batwoman.)

I'm actually working my way through this show now! It took me a while to get into it, but I'm almost through S3, and it's grown on me a lot. I still prefer the more detailed animation style of Arcane, but She-Ra is diving into some pretty unexpected themes for a kid's show, like trauma and emotional abuse, and not doing a terrible job of it.

I'm wondering how/why Jinx's missile is foiled. It has to be foiled, because half the cast is in the room the missile's aimed at. Maybe she didn't really make it lethal and so when it crashes through the window a "ha ha" flag pops up instead of it exploding?

I think the golden armor that Mel wears is they key to how some of the characters will survive. Maybe not all, but some. The camera focuses on her armor and there's a weird sound as the missile hits, so it sounds like some kind of defense from her armor is being activated.

I'm a bit annoyed Vi and Caitlyn made it the entire season without at least kissing, but their romance was well-done and I'm certainly looking forward to more of it in S2.

I'm actually really pleased with their relationship so far. I think it's a beautiful love story, and I'm honestly a little obsessed with it, but it seems like many fans have fast-tracked the relationship's progression quite a bit, IMO, and they also tend to overlook most of the nuances because they're so busy drooling, lol. Not that I didn't do the same thing the first couple of times I watched, but viewers seem to have no trouble noticing and understanding the complexity and nuances in other character relationships, but with Vi and Caitlyn, their scenes just seem to get oversimplified and kind of fetishized. "This is the scene where Vi hits on Caitlyn." "This is the scene where we want them to kiss and they don't."

As far as no kissing, I had no problem with it. To be blunt, a lot of fans are acting like they're a couple of lesbians from Portland who met at a party, recognized each other as potential romantic partners, and started hanging out for that reason. The reality is that they are partnered up for reasons that have nothing to do with romance, with Caitlyn pursuing an investigation and Vi looking for her sister. They have a lot of heavy things on their minds, and neither of them is actually looking at the other as a potential romantic partner or romantically pursuing the other at any point in the story so far. They're too busy trying not to die to realize they're falling in love (though I definitely think Vi knows she's falling for Cait by the end of the season), and they had only known each other for 3 days when they shared that nice moment on Caitlyn's bed, and 5 days by the end of the S1 finale. 

I do have some issues with one of the writers answering a question about whether or not anything "happened" with Vi and Caitlyn between when we left them on the bed and the Council meeting with "We intentionally didn't show the whole story on the screen. Up to you to decide." I don't really like having whether or not they made their feelings known offscreen be up to me. There's actually more evidence that nothing happened than that they kissed or had sex, not least the way they were positioned on the bed itself, but giving Caitlyn the "What about us?" line definitely made people wonder. For me, based on how the story was handled in episodes 5-7, I trusted that if something significant happened between them beyond what we were shown, then we would have been shown that, so it didn't even occur to me that anything further might have happened until I saw people talking about it. As a queer woman myself, and a hopeless romantic, the idea that they intentionally made it ambiguous and may try to imply next season that their first kiss happened offscreen or just never address it really bothers me a lot. I'm fine with the idea that nothing happened and would in fact prefer it, but I'd take it happening "too soon" over it being banished to some nebulous imaginative space. ☹️

Edited by LaMatadita
  • Love 1

I think part of it is the glorification of anarchy and villains in these types of contents, people love themselves a tortured angsty character, but like Arcane might be the new bad take champion in terms of online discourse - there's a lot of smart conversation about it too, but the YT comment section of any Arcane related video makes me despair.

I like Jinx much more as a teenager than I liked Powder but the amount of people who woobify her is insane. Especially in terms of blaming Vi for abandoning her, praising Silco for accepting her for who she is and the like. I'm like, this is a deeply unhappy, mentally ill person you're not supposed to think she's living her best life! Vi was mad at her for legit killing everyone they knew for about a minute then got thrown into prison, while Silco had Jinx work for him as an assassin and told her everyone else had left her despite knowing full well Vi wasn't staying away out of spite. That's not something to be applauded! Jinx needs HELP I'm genuinely baffled at the amount of viewers who apparently thought the final scene was a failure on Vi's part to accept her darling sister and Jinx realising she was better off without her...well yes, Jinx thinks she can't ever be that girl again but she's not the good guy here. She just kidnapped three people, tried to get Vi to kill her friend and then ended up killing her father figure, what part of that said "making good, rational decisions" to you?

honestly. People are crying over Silco's "you're perfect the way you are" and I'm like, I don't think we're meant to agree with him though?? He's a deeply resentful man who hates Piltover ofc he doesn't mind she's essentially a weapon of mass destruction at that point, but surely the viewer should be able to understand that this isn't a good thing for either Jinx or their society.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, KatWay said:

YT comment section of any Arcane related video makes me despair.

I was literally just thinking this when reading the comments on an Arcane YT video not 5 minutes ago. I just think there's a bit of a disconnect between the age of the writers and showrunners and the sophistication of their themes and their storytelling, and the average age of the viewers. I know plenty of adults who would love this show, but I can't get them to even watch it because it's animated. The show skews young, and many of those viewers just don't yet have the life experience or emotional intelligence to parse a lot of what the show is exploring. That's not to say all young viewers are lacking emotional intelligence, but there is a lot of immaturity to go around with shows that skew young. I see the same thing with Euphoria.

There's a lot of good discussion to be found, but you have to wade through a lot of infantile crap to find it. I'm an older viewer myself, and I will watch anything that's good regardless of how old the characters are or what age group the show is aimed at, but it can be frustrating trying to find rational adults to discuss some of these shows with.

I do think the Jinx and Silco's relationship is supposed to be one of those messy things that's sort of beautifully ugly. They're like two broken creatures who found each other and helped each other survive... but surviving isn't living, and he never tried to help her heal, IMO. There's beauty there, and there's love there, but it's not really expressed in a healthy way. I think it was really well done, but some viewers don't seem to understand that unconditional love =/= unconditional acceptance of everything you do. People can love you unconditionally and still be horrified by your choices!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So I finally finished this, and I'm on the side of "someone, please kill Jinx". Can't stand her, don't care if she's mentally ill, I don't want to watch her special brand of crazy.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cranberry said:

These have been excellent so far:

I'm genuinely impressed that they went from something that was on the verge of being canceled because the story sucked, to something that is frequently and lavishly praised for its storytelling. Also really glad they changed Vi's design, and I hope they explicitly touch on the character design process in a future episode because I'm curious!

• Love 2