Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E18: Nominations #6 / Battle of the Block Comp #6

• Start Topic

I thought that TA wasn't really secret unless the members wanted it to be.  Didn't they tell Joey she could tell the other hgs if she wanted?  Or am I remembering that wrong?

No you are not remembering wrong. They were told it was up to them whether or not to keep it a secret. Which is why I strongly suspect Frankie has told Zach about Team America - or at least his involvement in it - and which explains Zach's willing participation on the previous challenge where they were trying to get him to start an argument with Amber, because there was no other discernible reason for him to just get up and interject at the Veto meeting. He wasn't nominated and he wasn't HoH. It also goes a long way towards explaining his seeming "attraction" to Frankie - if he knows Frankie was chosen by "America" to be this secret player he probably figures he's latching onto someone popular with the audience.

That actually makes a whole lot of sense. Zach can't possibly be as dumb as he tries to portray himself, so being in on the Team America secret would go a long way towards explaining why it was so easy to get him to start those "arguments." Except apparently nobody told Zach that "angry rant" is different than "argument."

And I've long suspected Zach and Frankie of concocting their "showmance" for the sake of getting as much camera time as possible.

• Love 1

No you are not remembering wrong. They were told it was up to them whether or not to keep it a secret.

I was thinking there were some extra conditions laid on the TA(FY!) players; one, at least - they could disclose to individual HGs, but not "out" themselves to the House as a whole.

Or maybe my brain's common sense just manufactured that filter, because I can't think of anything which would have a HG trotting out the Door quicker than announcing to the entire House, "Hey guys, guess what! I'm America's Player this season! And so are Frankie, and Donny...."

Well, maybe one thing. Being named Joey is apparently a game-killer as well.

(Joey who?)

(Exactly.)

I was thinking there were some extra conditions laid on the TA(FY!) players; one, at least - they could disclose to individual HGs, but not "out" themselves to the House as a whole.

I don't remember the exact wording but it was something to the effect of "it is up to you to decide if telling someone about Team America is to your advantage or if you keep it secret." No, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to just announce it to the whole house, but bringing someone into it might, like I think Frankie did with Zach. And who knows, maybe he said as much in the DR but the show thinks it's more interesting if we just think Zach is a crazy loose cannon with a weird fixation on the gay guy.

• Love 1

I think it's the same reason so many people shout in the DR. Production tells them to "speak up," and instead of projecting, they amplify or shout, and the pitch of their voice goes up, and it's more in their head than in their throats or chests. But yes, it is so annoying.

I find it even worse when the guys go into WWE mode and start posturing too; they tend to do this for "they better not come after me" speeches.

• Love 1

I don't remember the exact wording but it was something to the effect of "it is up to you to decide if telling someone about Team America is to your advantage or if you keep it secret." No, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to just announce it to the whole house, but bringing someone into it might, like I think Frankie did with Zach. And who knows, maybe he said as much in the DR but the show thinks it's more interesting if we just think Zach is a crazy loose cannon with a weird fixation on the gay guy.

That sounds more practical than what I was thinking - so long as you're cautious enough not to tell someone who will run their mouth enough to out you to the entire House. Which would be the primary reason I'd be doubtful of Frank telling Zach. As much as I like the kid, I don't recall any secret being safe with him for more than a few days.

There was nothing innocent about Aaryn's actions last season.

I'll take politically-incorrect comments without antipathy over carefully chosen words layered with negativity any day. Jocasta acts like she's trying to get someone to forget themselves and say something unfortunate.

I'll take politically-incorrect comments without antipathy over carefully chosen words layered with negativity any day.

We'll have to agree to disagree over the lack of antipathy. I saw Aryan as being on a mean-spirited drive to persecute people to the point of self-eviction from the House.

Jocasta acts like she's trying to get someone to forget themselves and say something unfortunate.

I must be missing something, which is entirely possible. What has Jocasta been saying/doing in the way of provocation?

• Love 4

I think Nicole and Donny had the best strategy for nominations with this twist. Nominate one person who has nominated you and one person who has been nominated a bunch of times so there is no blood on your hands in case they come of the block.

She sometimes takes on the kind of exaggerated style of speech reminiscent of what some movies have done with African-American characters for comedic effect.

...or maybe that's just the way she talks? I can think without trying hard of a couple dozen people I know whose speech patterns are similar to Jocasta's, if not virtually identical. I suspect it's more likely a regional dialect thing than an attempt to antagonize.

• Love 1