Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Altar-ed State of Mind

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, eXiled said:

How you gon be offended by Wendy's tragically poor eyesight and/or delusion? She can't help that she's living in a totally different reality from yours.

If you think otherwise just watch her attempts to sell fifty-dollar candles without the proper platform, social media presence, or home goods/decor-maven reputation.

Wendy is desperately trying  to escape a career she believed would be stable and prestigious (and more importantly, would please her Mommy). She'd rather drop the books and drop it like it's hot out in these streets. That's why she can't see straight.

Listen, just know that I'm not trying to be that guy, I'm really not, but like, come on man, how can I trust you to sell me homegoods when you think these two men look like

eo.jpg

si.jpg

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Well....I mean, they're both men?

Is Idris Elba even a human?  I assume he is some super sexy cyborg sent from the future.  

Eddie on the other hand, not bad looking, but no one was sending him from the future is all I'm saying.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Is Idris Elba even a human?  I assume he is some super sexy cyborg sent from the future.  

Eddie on the other hand, not bad looking, but no one was sending him from the future is all I'm saying.  

If Idris is a cyborg, then someone best hurry and get to mass replicating him so we can all have one. 😆  I agree that Eddie is handsome, but def not mass replication worthy. It's good that Wendy believes he's the hottest thing ever, though. That's sweet.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Wendy also knows a certain hued kind of man is Gizelle's fancy.  Just sayin'.

In regards to Robyn's hats and why she said putting them in retail might cost too much, I think this is how it all works:

If Macy's places an order with Robyn to put her hats on the floor and they don't sell, Robyn has to buy those hats back. Since Macy's wouldn't just be buying a couple of hats, it would probably be a pretty sizable order she would have to buy back and then spend money to store until she can sell them.  If she has to take those hats back, now she's stuck with excess inventory she has to get rid of.  What if those hats don't sell? (and I think that's a reason she cited for not ordering more inventory ---being stuck with it if it doesn't sell).

TJ Maxx will place an order for her hats and keep them but they would be buying them for way less than what Macy's would pay for them.  So if Robyn is selling her hats for $29 on her website, since TJ Maxx claims they sell items 60% less than retail, they would be selling Robyn's hats for around $12.

But for TJ Maxx to make a profit, they'd probably buy Robyn's hats for $6 each (or less).  And the hat is probably some cheap Ali Express production that cost $3-4 to make.

If I go to TJ Maxx and see an "Embellished" hat for $12, why would I go on her website (which is frequently "out of stock") and pay $29 for her hat?  Knowing good and well the red sticker is going to be on it in a month for $7.99?

I think at this stage, e-commerce is right for her and in the future she may want to investigate getting on QVC or HSN (which Karen has done), but she's got to have consistent stock and that's an area she is having problems with. She needs to ask her mom or somebody about how to create a system to track inventory & buying patterns so she'll know when to reorder so she's not always "out of stock."  If I go to a website and what I want to buy is "out of stock" I probably will not remember to go back to it when it's back in stock. Perhaps she can have someone create a reminder on her website that will email you when your item is back in stock?

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

If Idris is a cyborg, then someone best hurry and get to mass replicating him so we can all have one. 😆  I agree that Eddie is handsome, but def not mass replication worthy. It's good that Wendy believes he's the hottest thing ever, though. That's sweet.

I'll say here that I think Eddie is nice-looking. I also like his vibe. He's no Idris, but Idrises are rare.

I like that Wendy is into her husband. I felt her love and passion for him when she was talking about him in that ep.

• Love 8

LOL, yeah, I disagree with the notion that just because you don't know about something its not culturally relevant or prevalent. 

Its entirely possible that you simply do not know about everything that is culturally relevant, and this can be true even if you know about a lot of other things that are culturally relevant.  

Knowing about some culturally relevant things does not mean you know about all culturally relevant things.  

Can you think of a single show parody on SNL that wasn't about a culturally relevant show?  I have two examples, but you appear to have none.  

And while bitcoin is not a TV show, the point remains, that not hearing about something as a singular person does not mean that it is not culturally relevant or prevalent or well known by a wide majority of people.  It only means that you don't know about it.

I guess we'll just to keep agreeing to disagree. Mileage varies and all that, about a show which is barely culturally relevant.

Also, you only had one example from SNL, but OK then.

To me, it seems far more defensive  to insist that something isn't culturally relevant when you're given evidence to the contrary.  

I'm not the one beating this dead horse into the ground, so it seems I'm not the one being defnesive about it. And 2 examples are hardly evidence to the contrary. I'm the one who suggested this issue is way off topic, but if you want to keep beating this dead horse further and further and further into the ground to get a "win", feel free to.

I would agree that Candace is quicker and smarter than Ashley/Mia

Well, I wasn't saying she was, so not what sure what you are agreeing to.

9 hours ago, RealReality said:

Does she have an opinion on 3 wick vs. 1 wick?

I was surprised that at least one of Wendy's candles sold out immediately.  its a fairly small candle and it just didn't sound that interesting so I'm not sure if she just isn't ordering a lot of stock?

But can you imagine the power of a storyline?  Robyn's caps and Wendy's candles may both be selling at the TJ Maxx.  

She didn't have an opinion.  I think people bought Wendy's candles because people love buying things from "celebrities" or celebrity endorsed. Candiace posted about her Telfar bag, a lot of people in her comments said they tried to purchase the bag as soon as they saw her post. The bag was sold out and they were upset about it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Mileage varies and all that, about a show which is barely culturally relevant.

Also, you only had one example from SNL, but OK then.

I'm not the one beating this dead horse into the ground, so it seems I'm not the one being defnesive about it. And 2 examples are hardly evidence to the contrary. I'm the one who suggested this issue is way off topic, but if you want to keep beating this dead horse further and further and further into the ground to get a "win", feel free to.

Don't look now, but you are literally still talking about it.  

So perhaps you think the horse is just on life support.  

Last time I checked 2 examples is better evidence of someone's position than 0 examples.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Does she have an opinion on 3 wick vs. 1 wick?

I was surprised that at least one of Wendy's candles sold out immediately.  its a fairly small candle and it just didn't sound that interesting so I'm not sure if she just isn't ordering a lot of stock?

But can you imagine the power of a storyline?  Robyn's caps and Wendy's candles may both be selling at the TJ Maxx.  

Martha Stewart better watch her back.

Wendy should be careful. Martha's been to prison...she will cut a bitch.

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

A reasonable interpretation of the exchange below is that you're saying candace is in the wide gulf between being quicker and smarter than Ashley and a mensa member.  

And I agree with that.  

15 hours ago, RealReality said:

As for candace, no, she isn't a mensa member, and I never said she was.  

However there is an extremely wide gulf between "smarter and faster than Ashley Darby" and mensa.  

14 hours ago, Hiyo said:

One Candyass is nowhere near crossing.

Don't look now, but you are literally still talking about it.  

So perhaps you think the horse is just on life support.  

Last time I checked 2 examples is better evidence of someone's position than 0 examples.  

ca7ae3b8b1b0b70df685f7bc24a000a2.gif

A reasonable interpretation of the exchange below is that you're saying candace is in the wide gulf between being quicker and smarter than Ashley and a mensa member. 

Well, just to clarify so there is no confusion as to what I am saying, Candyass is on the same side of the gulf as Ashley (with or without Chris needing to come save her ass).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Martha Stewart better watch her back.

Wendy should be careful. Martha's been to prison...she will cut a bitch.

That's what I been telling these chicks! Out here talking reckless about Martha's recipes and decorations. Y'all think she and Snoop just out here cooking together? That's a front! She been down with the set -- clicked up with that crew way back in the 90s.

Even Suge don't fuck with her. He knows better. She definitely 'bout that life.

Martha40.gif

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

ca7ae3b8b1b0b70df685f7bc24a000a2.gif

Well, just to clarify so there is no confusion as to what I am saying, Candyass is on the same side of the gulf as Ashley (with or without Chris needing to come save her ass).

Okay, then I disagree with that.  

Ashley routinely picks fights and when candace excoriates her she has no comeback but has to whine to the cast and play runteldat with to candace's husband. 

But this is always the way its been.  Ashley just isn't very fast.

When Karen confronted her at Katie's farm and said "clankety clank, you might want to help Michael with that bar of soap!" Ashley literally just sat there with her mouth gaping open like a dying fish. 

Ashley had a whole lot of shit to talk about Ray dropping the soap in her confessionals, but when it came back to her in real time Ashley had nothing to say.  

If and when the GEB decide she is no longer a useful idiot to throw under the bus when it's conveinent, Ashley is going to be in trouble.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3

Ashley has a vicious mouth but she just isn't quick with the clapback, especially with Candiace.  The only way Ashley can get over on Candiace is with a surprise attack.

Robyn isn't quick with it, her only comeback is "Just shut {the f} up!"

Gizelle's default is looked dazed and confused when confronted.

Karen's default is to pretend to be above it all.

Wendy's default is to go nuclear explosion.  That's why Eddie sits in his chair meek & mild.

Candiace's default is to try to remain calm but the other person will take a slick blow and then Candiace lets the bile fly out of her mouth.

Charrisse is actually the only one on the cast that I've seen to get Candiace together with words. Charrisse shut Candiace down once and never had a problem out of Candiace again.

4 hours ago, RealReality said:

If and when the GEB decide she is no longer a useful idiot to throw under the bus when it's conveinent, Ashley is going to be in trouble.  

If the show really wants to shake up the dynamic between GEB/Ashley and the rest of the cast, they need to bring Charrisse back, even as a friend.  Robyn would be more loyal to Charrisse than to Gizelle.

• Love 7

So in 2021 there still isn't a treatment to pass a kidney stone quickly... I want to believe Rayvin that she was ill.. but to miss your parents renewing  vows, esp, if you weren't there the first time...May 6 is around college finals time, right ?

I like to know why dear departed dad didn't walk her down the alise 25 yrs ago... I get letting her son be in the wedding.. Karyn just seemed so close to her father I would have thought he would had a part.

Karen's dress needed alteration in the back... it should have laid smoothly across the upper back area 

I'm kinda on Juan side about bringing up what a POS he was 13 years ago, when the boys were infants... Instead - bring up what a POS he is now, and make it clear what type of POS he's not going to be if an infant comes into the fold again...

Not to bring down a women and her dreams to be a mom again, but just how old is Robyn

Juan called a uber to go to "work" from the reception?  hmmm. Mr Google said Karyn's vow renewal was May 6 - Let's check the calendar on when exactly is college basketball season. yes - there are things to do year around, but... 

Ashley has birthed the heir and a spare.. what is #3 for ?

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Wendy also knows a certain hued kind of man is Gizelle's fancy.  Just sayin'.

In regards to Robyn's hats and why she said putting them in retail might cost too much, I think this is how it all works:

If Macy's places an order with Robyn to put her hats on the floor and they don't sell, Robyn has to buy those hats back. Since Macy's wouldn't just be buying a couple of hats, it would probably be a pretty sizable order she would have to buy back and then spend money to store until she can sell them.  If she has to take those hats back, now she's stuck with excess inventory she has to get rid of.  What if those hats don't sell? (and I think that's a reason she cited for not ordering more inventory ---being stuck with it if it doesn't sell).

TJ Maxx will place an order for her hats and keep them but they would be buying them for way less than what Macy's would pay for them.  So if Robyn is selling her hats for $29 on her website, since TJ Maxx claims they sell items 60% less than retail, they would be selling Robyn's hats for around $12.

But for TJ Maxx to make a profit, they'd probably buy Robyn's hats for $6 each (or less).  And the hat is probably some cheap Ali Express production that cost $3-4 to make.

If I go to TJ Maxx and see an "Embellished" hat for $12, why would I go on her website (which is frequently "out of stock") and pay $29 for her hat?  Knowing good and well the red sticker is going to be on it in a month for $7.99?

I think at this stage, e-commerce is right for her and in the future she may want to investigate getting on QVC or HSN (which Karen has done), but she's got to have consistent stock and that's an area she is having problems with. She needs to ask her mom or somebody about how to create a system to track inventory & buying patterns so she'll know when to reorder so she's not always "out of stock."  If I go to a website and what I want to buy is "out of stock" I probably will not remember to go back to it when it's back in stock. Perhaps she can have someone create a reminder on her website that will email you when your item is back in stock?

Could her out of stock situation be due to the global shipping problems?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, sATL said:

So in 2021 there still isn't a treatment to pass a kidney stone quickly... I want to believe Rayvin that she was ill.. but to miss your parents renewing your vows, esp, if you weren't there the first time...May 6 is around college finals time, right ?

No there's not a treatment to pass a kidney stone quickly.  I'm not sure if Rayvin graduated this year or last but she's working in New York now.

4 hours ago, sATL said:

I like to know why dear departed dad didn't walk her down the alise... I get letting her son be in the wedding.. Karyn just seemed so close to her father I would have thought he would had a part.

He's dead.

4 hours ago, sATL said:

Ashley has birthed the heir and a spare.. what is #3 for ?

A continued check

3 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Could her out of stock situation be due to the global shipping problems?

Yes but she had inventory issues before the global shipping problems started.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

No there's not a treatment to pass a kidney stone quickly.  I'm not sure if Rayvin graduated this year or last but she's working in New York now.

He's dead.

A continued check

Yes but she had inventory issues before the global shipping problems started.

I meant 25 years ago... 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 1