Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Altar-ed State of Mind

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Marley said:

Who was the blonde person at the end of the previews. It was hyped up lol but I don’t recognize the person at all.

That was Nicki Minaj.  She’s a big fan of the show and asked if she could host the reunion.

• Love 4

Again I just want to reiterate how gross it was of Karen all through this episode of taking digs at Robyn and Gizelle not being married.. They do this in Atlanta to with the whole I got a man ..yes you got a man that almost bankrupted you as said hes not in love with you and seems to want to be nowhere near you most of the time ... way to go Karen ..slow clap everyone SHES GOT A MAN .... ugh at the end when she took that last Dig with maybe Robyn can learn something from her ...what a gross mindset to have 

• Love 23
38 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Again I just want to reiterate how gross it was of Karen all through this episode of taking digs at Robyn and Gizelle not being married.. They do this in Atlanta to with the whole I got a man ..yes you got a man that almost bankrupted you as said hes not in love with you and seems to want to be nowhere near you most of the time ... way to go Karen ..slow clap everyone SHES GOT A MAN .... ugh at the end when she took that last Dig with maybe Robyn can learn something from her ...what a gross mindset to have 

It's unfortunate and real life with women of color to brag about having a man and use not having one as an insult. Probably not going to change anytime soon *Kayne shrug*. I will say HOWEVER that I don't mind the digs at Gizelle as she is always coming after someone's husband and marriage and not having a relationship seems to be her one Achilles heel so it's fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers to the Potomac ladies. It's the one franchise where nothing ever really "happens" but it's still so darn entertaining. Because Mia momma issues, Ashley breastfeeding, Robyn (not) making hats or progress with Juan, Karen planning a wedding, Candiace singing, Gizelle broke her foot and Wendy got boobs. Liiiike that's all that happened this season.

• Love 17

"White privilege..."

Well, you know, this is an absolute showstopper.  It's an accusation that no well-intentioned white person (I thought of inserting a joke here about how I am speaking for all well-intentioned white people, but I figured it would go over like a lead balloon, so I didn't) can ever dispute because on a macro-level, it is always true.

But if the intention of a communication is to further understanding between two, uh, white people, it's an ineffective strategy.

So, I guess Candiace is not interested in furthering understanding between Michael & Chris.

Other takeways:

• The clothes the Housewives wore to the vow renewal were Not Good—except for Askale who is not technically a housewife.  Evidently, Karen did not get anyone to take a picture of her rear view in that dress—lots 'o back fat!  Ashley is now three sizes larger than those slinky little minis she longs to trademark.  Wendy's red dress was beyond hideous.  Robyn and Mia—okay, I guess, they were not wearing paper bags.  Gizelle's dress was good, but when your foot is encased in an orthopedic boot, sequined silver may not be the way to go.

•  Ashley needs to ditch Michael ASAP.

•  But Robyn needs to ditch Juan even sooner than that.

•  Most entrepreneurs would wait until they had excess inventory before they increased operational costs by renting a supply hangar.  

•  Venues with high staircases all have elevators somewhere because otherwise they are not in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.  I don't know why the producers made poor Gizelle struggle up those stairs.

•  Candiace's relationship with her mother really confuses me.  If she's so important to you that you want her there at every juncture of your life—deal-signing, the vow renewals of a castmate you rather pointedly do not like—then why the constant sniping?  Can it be that Candiace doesn't really feel whole and fulfilled without someone she can be bitchy to at her side?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

If she were that smart and quick she wouldn't need Chris to save her from Ashley.

Disagree.  

Chris doesn't save candace from Ashley. 

Chris saves candace from herself.  

While Ashley picks fights, it's easy to see her as a rootable underdog because she is so much slower than candace.

Ashley clutches her pearls, whines about what a meanie candace is and fails to acknowledge that she started the fight in the first place.   

If Ashley was a better match for candace I think the situation would be different.  I think maybe Ashley and Mia beefing would be fun, water finding its own level and all. 

• Love 7

Thanks for the flashback of ash crawling all over chester the molester. I needed an axcuse to get out of work today, and now my nausea is real.

The way Eddie purred about Wendy's nice tittes while she tried to keep them strangled in her too small dress while she danced spoke to me. It said, yep, all this plastic surgery was an attempt to keep him interested.

A baby isn't a bargaining chip, Robin. Juan isn't going to become a different guy for a new baby. I don't think you want another child at all...its just something to dangle over jauns head. Which is pointless,  because you're the desperate chaser in this relationship. 

Why does Juan like Mike? No idea, but they obviously agreed they'd only film with the group together.  Together we stand. Divided we're just 2 assholes that treat woman like shit.

Someone on Karen's glam team should have tucked her backfat into that wedding dress. She's always got weird cleavage and rolls caused by her too tight clothes. Being able to squeeze into it and wearing it well are 2 different things. A true grand dame would know this. And....eeeewwwww, watching you kiss uncle Ben is about as sexy as watching a beaver gnaw on bark.

Yes candyass, it is white privilege and crocodile Mike is very used to it. Slavery wasn't outlawed in Australia until 1974...when he was a teenager. He grabbed all the aborigine ass he wanted, and no one would ever dare complain...not that authorities would give a shit. 

Speaking of candyass...ever heard of spoiled rich girl privilege? Throw a tantrum, weild a butter knife, dare someone to drag you, dangle the purse strings when hubby gets out of line, waste money on a vanity project..no need to worry...the bank of mommy is always open and she's happy to retain that control.

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Disagree.  

While Ashley picks fights, it's easy to see her as a rootable underdog because she is so much slower than candace.

Ashley clutches her pearls, whines about what a meanie candace is and fails to acknowledge that she started the fight in the first place.   

If Ashley was a better match for candace I think the situation would be different.  I think maybe Ashley and Mia beefing would be fun, water finding its own level and all. 

I aint never rooting for Fivehead LOL. I will say the one thing I LOVE about Candiace is finally someone who can shut Ashley the entire F up. Because "take your milk and GTFO" "filthy milkmaid" should be right up there with "I said what I said" and "Fix it Black Jesus." Ashley started this with Candiace with the whole "I don't have to get out because this is your momma house" incident. She wrote a check her ass couldn't cover.

Ashley spent seasons gossiping and being messy and finally someone comes along and drags her for the filth that she is!!!

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, J80134 said:

The way Eddie purred about Wendy's nice tittes while she tried to keep them strangled in her too small dress while she danced spoke to me. It said, yep, all this plastic surgery was an attempt to keep him interested.

I was embarrassed for Wendy. Listen, I get that she spent good money on her tweaks, so she wants to show off the merchandise. But wearing a too small dress that's so tight you can't even get out of the car? I know she was in pain throughout the night. There's no way. I don't know how she danced in that thing. 

Juan is so immature. I understand feeling some kind of way if he's making changes, but Robyn still wants to focus on his shortcomings, but driving off when she expresses concern about doing all the grunt work is ridiculous. Not surprising, but ridiculous. 

Ashley's dress was way too short for the event. That was club wear. 

• Love 20

Cain’t wait for the 4 part reunion man!

Meanwhile….

Wasn’t crazy about Karen’s hair…whenever she does WWHL her hair is always done nicely, wasn’t feeling this matronly unit.  Liked her and Ray’s vows to each other and blushed when she took it down to the floor when they were dancing.

Gizzard’s dress at the wedding was on point, and so was her hair/makeup.  There!  Something positive said about the heiffa.

Oh, Robbbbbbbbbbbbb!  As far as her concerns about Juan go, why not talk about that before accepting his proposal?  Ya’ll should have had that talk then.  Unless they sneak and get married before the new season, she’s going to be in the same situation, but with a bigger house.

Ashley, nice dress but you almost showed your fallen hooha there!  I know she likes to dress sexy but after two (did I read that this chile wants another?!) kids, it might be time to dress more conservatively.

What in the Lucy Ricardo at the country club was Wendy wearing?  I howled at Eddie having to get her ass out of the car, there is a hysterical scene in I Love Lucy where she’s wearing a seriously tight dress and had to stand in the car because she couldn’t sit in it.

image.png.9da85741c5252f07db076942079b8e42.png

Michael, Chris was trying to be the bigger person and mend fences….stop daydreaming about kissing Juan and let the man apologize!

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Cain’t wait for the 4 part reunion man!

Meanwhile….

Wasn’t crazy about Karen’s hair…whenever she does WWHL her hair is always done nicely, wasn’t feeling this matronly unit.  Liked her and Ray’s vows to each other and blushed when she took it down to the floor when they were dancing.

I couldn't stop staring at the visible lace sitting at her hairline. It either wasn't cut well enough or there wasn't enough hair to cover the area. I'm used to Karen's tacky wigs going all the way back to Season One, but this was her vow renewal. I wish she'd stepped it up a little bit more.

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

It's unfortunate and real life with women of color to brag about having a man and use not having one as an insult. Probably not going to change anytime soon *Kayne shrug*. I will say HOWEVER that I don't mind the digs at Gizelle as she is always coming after someone's husband and marriage and not having a relationship seems to be her one Achilles heel so it's fair game as far as I'm concerned.

See, the issue really is that Karen can continually point this out because both Gizelle and Robyn are low-key pressed about having a man. I'm sure the constant refrain is "But how can you be single, you're so pretty..." and neither of them wants to admit the answer. Gizelle is single because she's actually an emotionless vampire, and Robyn is single because she only wants one man and no one else will do. Trust and believe if a black woman was on this show that said "actually, I'm really happy being single and I'm not looking for a significant other of any stripe", that would shut this crap down.

1 hour ago, Maximona said:

"White privilege..."

Well, you know, this is an absolute showstopper.  It's an accusation that no well-intentioned white person (I thought of inserting a joke here about how I am speaking for all well-intentioned white people, but I figured it would go over like a lead balloon, so I didn't) can ever dispute because on a macro-level, it is always true.

We're gonna give you a pass today. Please take the podium as the representative for white people🙂

Most entrepreneurs would wait until they had excess inventory before they increased operational costs by renting a supply hangar.  

In Robyn's defense, she did say earlier this year that her ability to order additional inventory was limited by her storage space and that she had basically taken over her mom's office, but that only gave her enough space to fill orders as they came in. She needed to have the additional space to be able to keep a steady supply of inventory and not have items appear as "sold out" on her website.

59 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Amen! Can we say it again for the folks in the back pew???

And Candiace doesn't appreciate it, as was seen from her basically telling him to stop "talking crazy" to her when all he was trying to do was explain his thinking. Candiace reeeeeaaaaalllly doesn't understand how lucky she is. Most dudes would throw up the duces and bounce.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

.... ugh at the end when she took that last Dig with maybe Robyn can learn something from her ...what a gross mindset to have 

Thing is, whatever we think about Juan and Robyn's relationship or not, Juan and Robyn have been together just as long if not longer than Karen and Ray.  Karen and Ray's relationship is pretty much the same as Robyn & Juan's relationship:

• Tax woes and money issues
  • Husband who is just there and not in love with you

Maybe Karen needs to learn something from Robyn...Robyn lost it all and now owns her own house...without the help of a man.  Karen is still renting in Potomac.

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

Because Mia momma issues, Ashley breastfeeding, Robyn (not) making hats or progress with Juan, Karen planning a wedding, Candiace singing, Gizelle broke her foot and Wendy got boobs. Liiiike that's all that happened this season.

I'll repeat, only 2 people had storylines that were independent any of the other cast members:

• Candiace: singing career
  • Karen: vow renewal, ambassador for Surry County

2 other cast members had independent storylines but were overshadowed by drama with others:

• Robyn: Hat line, depression (but overshadowed by drama with Wendy)
  • Mia: Starting from the bottom now we're here, mom/foster care.  Overshadowed by dramas with Wendy, Candiace & lying

These 3 were dependent on other cast mates for a story:

• Gizelle (gossiping about Wendy plastic surgery & Eddie rumors)
  • Ashley (starting drama with Wendy, picking fights with Candiace)
  • Wendy (tried to have a moment by coming for Mia, struck gold coming for Robyn & Gizelle)

Gizelle, Ashley and Wendy actually could've been edited out this season and the show would've still kept on moving right along because Mia could've brought the mess (Ashley/Gizelle) and Candiace/Mia could've brought the drama. Robyn's friend Askale (who actually spent more time with Candiace and Wendy) could've stayed in her role as the person who questions everything (Robyn's role in Season 5).

But if the intention of a communication is to further understanding between two, uh, white people, it's an ineffective strategy.

So, I guess Candiace is not interested in furthering understanding between Michael & Chris.

Why would Candiace want to further understanding between Michael and Chris? It is the height of white privilege call me a criminal, my husband an uneducated redneck/white trash, sexually assault the cast & crew, storm the producers and demand they hand over unflattering footage and then demand WE apologize to YOU for calling you out about it.

And sadly the cast lets Michael slide about it but made sure to band together against Monique and Chris (they're violent & scary) to get them up outta there.

58 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Ashley isn't slower than Candiace.  Ashley WAS Candiace her 1st three seasons on the show.  Ashley is using the power of Karen(tm) to slide out of accountability.  Candiace needs to be smarter and pay Ashley dust from here on out because even Candiace's own husband sees white Ashley as a poor little victim even though he sat there and saw in real time how Ashley attacked him and his black wife. 

58 minutes ago, J80134 said:

She was trying to stunt in a dress that was too small and she looked ridiculous, stupid and dumb for dancing with her arms covering up the areaolas that were popping out of the dress that was too small.

1 hour ago, J80134 said:

A baby isn't a bargaining chip, Robin. Juan isn't going to become a different guy for a new baby. I don't think you want another child at all...its just something to dangle over jauns head. Which is pointless,  because you're the desperate chaser in this relationship. 

Robyn's not the one who wants the new baby.  Juan is.

36 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Ashley's dress was way too short for the event. That was club wear. 

Ashley has been busy trying to prove she doesn't have a wide body.  Sadly for her, that dress made her look like a white refrigerator.

19 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

And Candiace doesn't appreciate it, as was seen from her basically telling him to stop "talking crazy" to her when all he was trying to do was explain his thinking.

Because his way of talking to her is crazy and not supportive.  He thinks he's being supportive and he means well, but he's making things worse. Chris is exhibiting his own white privilege by expecting Candiace to be part of the Get Along Gang with two people who have stated they do not like her and who have used coded language like "criminal" to describe her to others.  If Chris doesn't understand that, it's best he leaves Candiace and go get himself his own "Ashley."

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

It is the height of white privilege call me a criminal, my husband an uneducated redneck/white trash, sexually assault the cast & crew, storm the producers and demand they hand over unflattering footage and then demand WE apologize to YOU for calling you out about it.

Didn't Monique do more or less the same thing?  Minus the sexual assault.

I mean, I'm def not interested in rewatching back episodes to see if I'm right or I'm wrong on that one.  But it is my impression.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Maximona said:

Didn't Monique do more or less the same thing?  Minus the sexual assault.

I mean, I'm def not interested in rewatching back episodes to see if I'm right or I'm wrong on that one.  But it is my impression.

Monique's not on the show anymore.  Michael still is.

Monique also never stormed production and demand they hand over footage of the fight.  Monique also wasn't going around assaulting cast and crew (except for Candiace).  Monique also never demanded Candiace apologize to HER and the cast was not kissing up to Monique.  Monique & Chris were also placed at a different hotel than the rest of the cast "for their safety" but we've never heard of Ashley & Michael being placed at a different hotel for production's safety.

In contrast Michael has been grabbing people's booties (including Andy Cohen's) since season 1 with no repercussions, the charges against him are always conveniently dropped, the security footage from Monique's house was conveniently lost and everyone is ki'ki'ing with Michael (including Ray*).

Your partner should jump in and have your back, especially in public.  If Chris has a problem with how Candiace conducts herself, save that for your house.  Act as a team in public.  Don't chastise her like a child in front of her coworkers because they feel, if her husband (or momma) can disrespect her in public, she's not worth respecting at all.  Candiace may not be worthy of respect and if Chris deep down feels that way, then Chris needs to leave Candiace and move on.  Candiace can't win** because even when she got up to extract herself from the situation instead of staying to fight with Michael (and later Ashley because Ashley would've jumped in too) Chris had a problem with the way she left.  Chris married Candiace knowing she has a smart mouth so I don't have much sympathy for him having to deal with Candiace's smart mouth.

*Ray was so shady for telling Michael that he had two surprisingly good looking kids.

**It doesn't matter if Candiace stays and fights or gets up and walks away from a fight, she will always be in the wrong no matter what she does.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

*Ray was so shady for telling Michael that he had two surprisingly good looking kids.

Since "Free Uncle Ben" Ray has been taking shade lessons from the HW's. 

Exhibit 1: His comment about Karen breaking Gizelle's foot

Exhibit 2: His comment on the call with the wedding planner "Does this involve any butterflies"

Exhibit 3: His "complement" to Michael on his kids.

Ray is better at Househusbanding than most...

Your partner should jump in and have your back, especially in public.  If Chris has a problem with how Candiace conducts herself, save that for your house.  Act as a team in public.  Don't chastise her like a child in front of her coworkers because they feel, if her husband (or momma) can disrespect her in public, she's not worth respecting at all.  Candiace may not be worthy of respect and if Chris deep down feels that way, then Chris needs to leave Candiace and move on.  Candiace can't win** because even when she got up to extract herself from the situation instead of staying to fight with Michael (and later Ashley because Ashley would've jumped in too) Chris had a problem with the way she left.  Chris married Candiace knowing she has a smart mouth so I don't have much sympathy for him having to deal with Candiace's smart mouth.

While I think this may be true on some level, Candiace is the same way with Chris when it's just the two if them. The conversation last season where they were fighting at home in the bathroom and she called him a deadbeat dad, or the conversation after he had extracted her from the kitchen in St. Michaels are just two examples. She goes for the jugular with him, same as everyone else. And I think Chris does have her back in public, but he wants to try to extract her from situations where he sees her getting heated, and also wants to explain real time why he's done that. I'm not sure that she's prepared for either.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

On the subject of white privilege I mean Candiace really has no room to talk - Chris is an unemployed 2 or is it 3 time baby daddy   😂 .... I imagine if a black Chris came with the same stats would Candiace had married him

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Boofish said:

On the subject of white privilege I mean Candiace really has no room to talk - Chris is an unemployed 2 or is it 3 time baby daddy but everyone  😂 .... I imagine if a black Chris came with the same stats would Candiace had married him

Sounds like Chris is going to address this at the reunion. He's very adamant that it's (at least the broke and unemployed part) untrue,

• Useful 2

Robyn asking Micheal if people assumed he was his children's grandpa had me rolling!

I hope I never have to see Karen and Ray kissing again. They just make it look so awkward every time.

They all need stylists, except possibly Askale.

My advice to Candiace would be to modulate her voice. Her barbs would land better, and more powerfully if she wasn't yelling them. IMO, She draws a lot of the focus for her loudness, when the others -that aren't yelling- aren't receiving the same attention? backlash? though they're saying things that are just as pointed. (Thought it was interesting that the record people were telling her that her SM needs some toning down, but I'm not sure if she truly heard them.)

This year just felt like pointless and petty fights. I wish to see more of what they do individually, and see some gatherings without getting served hash and rehash at every event, culminating in fights-and then the after-hash. (This goes for pretty much all of the HW shows now, not just here. At least for me) I did like seeing the little bits of Candiace doing her music video stuff, but I wish there was more of that type of footage.

I adore whoever coined 'cryangle'! Haha

• Love 2

I am not even a half hour in and I have questions. 

1. Did Candice bother with an agent, lawyer, or real manager reading over her contract or was it all for show?

2. Is it possible that Juan wanted to have the baby conversation privately or is he looking for a way out?

3. Where the f--k was Karen having her wedding? I vaguely remember her going there but a strip center store front?  That's classy.

4. Did Raven really have kidney stones or was she too embarrassed to attend?

I'm sure I'll have more later. This is one hot mess!

• Love 6

You’re making yourself out to look like a dickhead, Juan. He gaslights her nonstop. Doesn’t matter if it was 13 years ago or 3. Run, Robyn, run. 

There’s something weird going on with Juan and that Ghoul. 

Edited by TheCouchPotato
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Boofish said:

I saw an antidote about a woman realizing her husband didn't like her. When she shopped for food, she bought the cookies she liked and the cookies her husband liked. Every single time. One day he did the shopping and only bought the cookies he liked. I wonder what cookies Jamal, Michael and Juan would bring back from the store.

That is interesting. My husband always buys what I like and I do the same. I guess we still like each other after 44 years. Now that's keeping a man Karen.

7 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

That was Nicki Minaj.  She’s a big fan of the show and asked if she could host the reunion.

Oh no. i do not like her. I hope that doesn't ruin the reunion for me. I 'm Team Andy.

• Love 5

Oh Karen, that was too much backfat. That dress was way too tight and didn't look easy to walk in. Brandon (her son) looked like he didn't want to be there. 

Speaking of tight dresses, Wendy. That dress was ridiculous. She couldn't sit, could barely walk or breathe. And had to keep holding her boobs while dancing. 

I had to laugh at the collective horror of the stairs and nobody wanting to climb them. I also kept expecting Karen to go tumbling down.

Juan seemed way more invested in Chris and Michael making up than he does in Robyn.

Who was Gizelle dating??

• Love 9
4 hours ago, J80134 said:

My take on that situation is that Robyn may or may not want a baby, but I think she loves the fact that Juan wants one with her. It serves as her proof that he is serious about the relationship to the nay-sayers out there. 

4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Gizelle's a grown woman who can say no (as per her conversation with her producer Nora), she took the stairs for the drama and the attention.

Gizelle is part housewife and part producer. She definitely hobbled up there for dramatic effect. In fact, if her foot was healed by the time of the wedding, she would probably still put on the boot and hike up those stairs. 

4 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

See, the issue really is that Karen can continually point this out because both Gizelle and Robyn are low-key pressed about having a man. I'm sure the constant refrain is "But how can you be single, you're so pretty..." and neither of them wants to admit the answer. Gizelle is single because she's actually an emotionless vampire, and Robyn is single because she only wants one man and no one else will do. Trust and believe if a black woman was on this show that said "actually, I'm really happy being single and I'm not looking for a significant other of any stripe", that would shut this crap down.

I somewhat agree. We all agree that the you can't get a man argument/insult is tired. There's a difference between wanting a man and needing a man. Robyn and Gizelle don't need a man, but they want one. Gizelle even admitted she wanted one, she just didn't want to answer to one, a sentiment that Gizelle and I share. In my opinion, that's the reason Gizelle has never said with her chest your last line about being happy being single. That's why these comments bother them. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I really could live without the Darby’s. I find Michael so unattractive, I’m surprised Ashley still fakes it. 
I understand where Juan is coming from. He doesn’t want Robyn to discuss his old ways on camera. Robyn however doesn’t have much else going on for a story. Her and Gizelle may need to fake a fight. 
I think Dorothy would make a great cast member. 

This is exactly how I perceived Juan's reaction too.  

From the very beginning, Juan barely wanted to be on camera and so I doubt that Robyn told him either conversation was going to happen on camera. 

I think they SHOULD have the discussion.  With the marriage counselor....off camera.

I'm not one to agree with Gizelle, but to me, this isn't the time for Robyn to insist that she have a conversation on camera.  She needs to do like Gizelle does and find other drama to get into.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Boofish said:

Cheers to the Potomac ladies. It's the one franchise where nothing ever really "happens" but it's still so darn entertaining. Because Mia momma issues, Ashley breastfeeding, Robyn (not) making hats or progress with Juan, Karen planning a wedding, Candiace singing, Gizelle broke her foot and Wendy got boobs. Liiiike that's all that happened this season.

It's very reminiscent of Phaedra dragging Kenya for "not having a man" or "not being able to get a man" when Phaedra had a man who had a loose grasp of the english language and a felony record.  Is that really a win sis?  I think that pressure is why Kenya got into a number of just awful relationships (I was only around for that guy she was dating with the crazy eyes).  

I think what got lost in translation with Wendy was that what she was saying is that Gizelle has such low self-esteem and a low sense of self worth that she settled for a toad of a man who has never respected her and very likely had her children involved in something scammy with that restaurant that was "in their name"

THAT is a read I can agree with.  Its okay to be alone, its okay to be in a relationship, but its not okay to think that you deserve some shitbird like Jamal.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, eXiled said:

I couldn't stop staring at the visible lace sitting at her hairline. It either wasn't cut well enough or there wasn't enough hair to cover the area. I'm used to Karen's tacky wigs going all the way back to Season One, but this was her vow renewal. I wish she'd stepped it up a little bit more.

No kidding.  Come on Karen.  Her wig game has drastically improved throughout the seasons, but this was some serious backsliding.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Maximona said:

"Ashley is now three sizes larger than those slinky little minis she longs to trademark. 

This cannot be pointed out enough.  

No one is ever supposed to say anything to Ashley ever because, motherhood, but if I tried to squash myself into some Forever 21 dresses I wore back in the day I'd look awful too.  

Is Michael even rich, why isn't she working with a personal shopper?  Hell, get on StitchFix and have someone help you out.  Michael is having a "personal trainer" in his home gym five days a week and he afford to give you a membership to stitch fix?

I wonder if Ashley is trying to set the stage to work with some sort of flat tummy tea or diet app or workout app, and this season is the before.  If so, good for her, I'm embarrassed for her in those dresses, not because she is fat per se, but because those clothes do not fit her.  

I cannot believe she wants a third child with that man goblin, who, is very in love with Juan Dixon.  I thought it was kinda nice that Candace was like "I have my issues with Ashley but even I think Michael isn't good enough for her"

W/R/T Michael and Chris and white privilege.  I could see the argument, Michael was telling Chris to come over and control his black wife, which IMO, isn't a great look.  And then to innocently be like "who...me?  what did I do wrong?"  If there is something that you feel Candace needs to stop immediately, either respectfully address it with her or explain it to Chris a little better than "you need to get your wife under control"  Just because Michael considers Ashley property doesn't mean that Chris does.  I think Michael could have asked any number of people why that might not have come off great and they would have given him an honest answer.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

Juan seemed way more invested in Chris and Michael making up than he does in Robyn.

Who was Gizelle dating??

Juan may want to have a buffer for Michael at his "bachelor party"

Gizelle looked beautiful, but she was so secretive with the producer and gave so many more details at the table that I think she may have been lying.  Either about seeing a man period or who he was.  

Being judgmental is a double edged sword, because people are going to judge you doubly hard.  So, even if Gizelle liked some normal dude who make like 50k a year driving trucks I don't know if she could ever admit to it because you'd have everyone else coming for her.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Then Candyass really is slow and dumb.

I disagree here as well. 

Candace is almost too quick for her own good and comparatively Ashley is just much slower and is kinda dull.  Candace down Ashley with such a quickness that its the verbal equivalent of a Mortal Kombat fatality.  And then Ashley has nothing else to say and so people pity her because she likes to whine about being a victim when she is the one who starts the fights.  

It kinda reminds me of softball back in the day when you had one team that was so much better than the other that they stopped the game when the other team was like 10 runs ahead and it was sad to watch because it was such a blowout.  Ashley gets pitied because she is slow and weak and Candace is much quicker and sharper.  

I don't blame Candace for being annoyed when Ashley constantly pokes and prods at her, and it was good to see her, in advance just say that she wasn't going to give Ashley any time or attention and then to see her get up and leave after making her statement about white privilege instead of getting into it with Michael.  Which would have inevitably brought Ashley back so she could try to catch some attention.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I cannot believe she wants a third child with that man goblin, who, is very in love with Juan Dixon.  I thought it was kinda nice that Candace was like "I have my issues with Ashley but even I think Michael isn't good enough for her"

Michael Darby told me to tell you that although he may resemble that remark, if you don't fall back, he'll be looking to bring you up on criminal and civil charges. You'll be served just as soon Mike and Ash finish trumping up some charges on Candiace. You def got next, sis.

gollum.gif

Edited by eXiled
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, retired watcher said:

That is interesting. My husband always buys what I like and I do the same. I guess we still like each other after 44 years. Now that's keeping a man Karen.

Oh no. i do not like her. I hope that doesn't ruin the reunion for me. I 'm Team Andy.

Same. When I read it I thought about all the times he has gone places and bought something back for me that I love and in some instances, can only get from certain stores. I read that and gave him a big ol' hug. Made me feel really good for some reason :). Cheers to you and your mister on 44 years!!

• Like 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Maximona said:

•  Candiace's relationship with her mother really confuses me.  If she's so important to you that you want her there at every juncture of your life—deal-signing, the vow renewals of a castmate you rather pointedly do not like—then why the constant sniping?  Can it be that Candiace doesn't really feel whole and fulfilled without someone she can be bitchy to at her side?

This doesn't confuse me at all.  Familial relationships are complicated and as much of diva as Dot is, I think that, deep down she loves Candace.  I don't think its so black and white that a person who can be toxic cannot experience or express love.  I think their relationship is probably complicated.  But when that stuff went down with Monique, Dot was never out of Candace's corner.  When it comes down to it, Dot can be shitty, but Dot can also be Candace's biggest advocate and cheerleader.  She is ridiculous, but I just don't think its as black and white as all that.  And I expect that Karen may have invited Dot on her own, when she and Candace were close, Karen may have become close to Dot as well.  I'm not even sure that Candace doesn't like Karen or is pointed about it, I think she has just determined that she will keep Karen at arms length.  

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

In Robyn's defense, she did say earlier this year that her ability to order additional inventory was limited by her storage space and that she had basically taken over her mom's office, but that only gave her enough space to fill orders as they came in. She needed to have the additional space to be able to keep a steady supply of inventory and not have items appear as "sold out" on her website.

She is also almost certainly paying nothing for the warehouse space since she gave the company such a significant promotional plug in one of the earlier episodes.

Strike while the iron is hot because if she had waited, there would be no guarantee of getting a good deal. Dorinda lived rent free for several years in a gorgeous Manhattan apartment because of a deal she made with the building.

Any time a housewife uses something or some entity that has their name out there, it is because they are getting a deal. Karen's bizarre wedding venue was no doubt free which was why it was chosen. Certainly no one would have specifically chosen that kind of space when there are so many options that don't look like an industrial park.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

It's very reminiscent of Phaedra dragging Kenya for "not having a man" or "not being able to get a man" when Phaedra had a man who had a loose grasp of the english language and a felony record.  Is that really a win sis?  I think that pressure is why Kenya got into a number of just awful relationships (I was only around for that guy she was dating with the crazy eyes).  

I think what got lost in translation with Wendy was that what she was saying is that Gizelle has such low self-esteem and a low sense of self worth that she settled for a toad of a man who has never respected her and very likely had her children involved in something scammy with that restaurant that was "in their name"

That's how it always is, isn't it? In real life and on reality tv shows. The women who shame other women for being single and "can't get a man/keep a man," are always in trash relationships. Or if the relationship isn't 100% trash, there's some bullshit lurking. Wasn't it last season when Ray said that he didn't know if he was in love with Karen? People who are truly in supportive, loving relationships don't feel the need to show off and rub anyone's face in it. They just live their lives and the love is visible. 

I hope Gizelle is going to a real therapist and not that TV dude. I wrote before that if the STD rumor is true, and she STILL chose to mess around with Jamal, then her self-esteem is buried deep. I mean, it isn't uncommon, and she isn't the first or the last woman to be a fool for a man, but I don't know what kind of hold Jamal has on her. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, amarante said:

She is also almost certainly paying nothing for the warehouse space since she gave the company such a significant promotional plug in one of the earlier episodes.

Strike while the iron is hot because if she had waited, there would be no guarantee of getting a good deal. Dorinda lived rent free for several years in a gorgeous Manhattan apartment because of a deal she made with the building.

Any time a housewife uses something or some entity that has their name out there, it is because they are getting a deal. Karen's bizarre wedding venue was no doubt free which was why it was chosen. Certainly no one would have specifically chosen that kind of space when there are so many options that don't look like an industrial park.

Let's talk about that wedding, why would Karen agree to walk upstairs to do the ceremony, she could have just walked up a few steps and everyone would actually be able to have seen the ceremony.  Will this be the kiss of death for Karen and Ray, HW's have a tradition of vow renewals and divorces, who would do it knowing it could and mostly has lead to divorce?

I might have tuned out while the reception was going on but it seemed to me that we saw a lot of Chris and Michael trying to reach some sort of apology but not so much of the wedding.

• Love 5

Here's another unpopular opinion on the Juan and Robyn drama.   Juan and Robyn got together in high school and stayed together while Juan played D1 basketball as a star player at a basketball crazy school.   Being the biggest sensation in college comes with so many perks.  He had to be VERY popular with the girls at a very young age.  His team won a national championship and he went on to be a pro player.   I never can excuse cheating, but I'd be lying if I didn't understand how it can happen to a young person who is experiencing being a rock star at a very young age.  If he  had the maturity to deal with not thinking about his dick, or not being impressed with groupies and getting told how wonderful he was, he may have had a good relationship with one girl he was supposed to be monogamous with since high school.  Thats a tough act for any couple staying together since teen years, but for an elite athlete...I can see some problems.   Does this sound like the movie Love and Basketball?  Lol!

I don't think Robyn should keep bringing up the bad things Juan did years ago.  And, bringing them up on camera is wrong.  The man has a job where he is supposed to be respected.  She is using him for a story line and he ain't having it.  I don't blame him at all.  I usually like Robyn, but I don't like her hammering him in this way.  Yes, he done her wrong, but obviously she finds somethings about him quite nice, so she needs to keep her mouth shut in front of the camera.  Just my opinion.

I hope I never see another vow renewal.  I can't imagine doing that with my husband.  Just seems like a dumb idea to me.  An anniversary party would be fine, maybe I'll have one of them in 5 years for our 50th.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 11/1/2021 at 11:08 AM, Maximona said:

But she has Chris for that...does she really need someone to be bitchy to at both sides?! 

• LOL 2
16 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

I don't think Robyn should keep bringing up the bad things Juan did years ago.  And, bringing them up on camera is wrong.  The man has a job where he is supposed to be respected.  She is using him for a story line and he ain't having it.  I don't blame him at all.  I usually like Robyn, but I don't like her hammering him in this way.  Yes, he done her wrong, but obviously she finds somethings about him quite nice, so she needs to keep her mouth shut in front of the camera.  Just my opinion.

I agree with all of this. She is using him for her storyline. In the beginning of the series he was better with filming, likely because the show provided them with great income that they needed at the time. Now that he has the coaching job, he's not as eager to be part of the drama needed to keep Robyn on the show. These are college students who likely watch the show. Who wants to be walking through campus and have people asking you about things on the show? He seems to be fine to be one of the husbands that shows up to film group events for the couples and whatnot, but seems to feel that the days of them tearing into him for his past behaviors are over. They moved houses, went to therapy, got re-engaged, so continue on that path. I said earlier that I think that production strongly encouraged her to talk about that with him, and likely strongly encouraged Ashley to ask about it on their double date. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Coppin State has 33 wins and 85 losses under Juan Dixon. He might want to hang on to the HW gig.

If he were at a power 5 conference school or even a high mid-major, with that record they would have long shown him the door. He's a big name, and with these smaller schools they play the bigger schools outside the conference for the money knowing it's likely they will lose, and it's the conference schedule that counts. All it takes is for him to have a season where he goes to the NCAA and has a surprise win, and that's when the big offers with the big talent roll in. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Candace is almost too quick for her own good

If by too quick for her own good you mean SHE SHOUTS A LOT and has the most basic reads, then yeah, she is too quick for her own good.

But she has Chris for that...does she really need someone to be bitchy to at both sides?! 

Apparently yes.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I hope Gizelle is going to a real therapist and not that TV dude. I wrote before that if the STD rumor is true, and she STILL chose to mess around with Jamal, then her self-esteem is buried deep. I mean, it isn't uncommon, and she isn't the first or the last woman to be a fool for a man, but I don't know what kind of hold Jamal has on her

I wonder about what Gizelle saw at home as a kid growing up. She clearly is a daddy's girl, who loves and is dotted on by her father. But, when folks decide to divorce after being married for 20 plus years it raises a red flag for me. One of the reasons that Gizelle may have a broken man picker is because she was raised in a house where the adult married relationship wasn't great. That would explain why she was "born with walls" when it comes to men and relationships. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, watcherwoman said:

I don't think she should be remarrying Juan let alone foolishly entertaining the idea of having another baby if she has these doubts and I don't think it is just for the cameras, I think we are seeing real life for the most part, we certainly seeing real life frustration on Juan's part. 

Sometimes an ex is an ex for a reason and Robyn maybe the ex for a reason with Juan and visa versa. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

If by too quick for her own good you mean SHE SHOUTS A LOT and has the most basic reads, then yeah, she is too quick for her own good.

Apparently yes.

"Were you there beloved"

"Take your milk and go"

"Ashley fivehead darby"

Were all memorable, funny and on the spot. 

The first two were directly to Ashley and she had nothing to respond to for either.   

Wide bodied, while mean was memorable and clearly cut deep since Ashley is still whining about it.  

Ashley hasn't been able to read candace at all this season.  I can't think of a memorable comeback she has had.  Maybe something about candace looking like a chipmunk, in her confessional?  But that's not really a comeback.  

Even with the wide bodied insult all she could say was "and you said I body shamed?" 

Which isn't a read at all, Ashley has body shamed and was also body shamed.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5