Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E03: If You Got It, Haunt It

• Start Topic

That ugly thing of Octavio's was in the top 3?  Bulky garbage bag on top was stylish? ok

I loved Chasity's, the other gal in the top 3 and Bones' look.

So glad Kenneth got sent packing and Darren can go next, and take baby Katie with you.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Katie’s looked like a play on a straight jacket. I liked it. Somehow it looked more modern than anything else up there. 

I’m sorry but Bones’ green and gold thing was hideous. As were at least half the safe looks. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Katie’s esthetic is clown on a TV show for kindergartners. 

I think Katie should have embraced her aesthetic and designed a full-on clown-themed gown, because clowns are fucking terrifying.  That being said, I didn't hate her effort this week.

12 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

Honestly, if they keep Kenneth over Bones or Zayden, it has to be for drama.  I remember when they sent home the usually stellar Afa and kept the usually messy Kovid a couple of seasons ago.

There was a designer named Kovid?  Unfortunate name, in retrospect.  [And OMG, I just googled to remind myself which designer it was, and no lie, the dude made an outfit that featured a face mask..in an episode that aired a full year before the pandemic.  Talk about "hauntingly chic"...]

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

It’s been awhile since I have agreed with both the winner and aufing. It felt good. That said, I found myself eye-rolling at some of the judges’ over-the-top rhetoric. Wish I could remember specifics because it was annoyingly entertaining, like self- important artists’ statements.

I also really liked Katie’s. She took the haunted doll at the mansion as inspiration and I loved how she ran with that.

The gown with the two different shiny rectangular panels on the torso immediately made me think of an alien being from the original “Star Trek.” Captain Kirk is compelled to mate with the beautiful woman with the hypnotic lights flashing over her uterus. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

It’s been awhile since I have agreed with both the winner and aufing. It felt good. That said, I found myself eye-rolling at some of the judges’ over-the-top rhetoric. Wish I could remember specifics because it was annoyingly entertaining, like self- important artists’ statements.

I totally agree. You'd think the designers had built and launched a new space shuttle with how they gushed.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I also really liked Katie’s. She took the haunted doll at the mansion as inspiration and I loved how she ran with that.

The gown with the two different shiny rectangular panels on the torso immediately made me think of an alien being from the original “Star Trek.” Captain Kirk is compelled to mate with the beautiful woman with the hypnotic lights flashing over her uterus. 

I agreed with both too, although I'd have to admit the red gown was the worst.  I was just happy to see Kenneth gone.  Katie's was refreshing in a sea of dark gowns.  I think she went a bit too far for it to be wearable, but the evil doll theme came across great.  I'm glad she got a shout-out.

This was the first episode where I missed having a host.  I don't like Elaine at all, and Nina doesn't seem comfortable in the "you're out" role.  I hope they don't keep asking the winner how this makes them feel.  EYE-ROLL.  I don't care how it make them feel, and neither should Nina.  Or it's obvious to the point of annoyance.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to wear a latex gown.  Wouldn't that get sweaty and sticky?  Besides being ugly.

• Love 18

I was impressed that most of the designs could, if you squinted, be considered 'haunting'. I was positive we'd end up with costumes, but the only one that really came across that way was the Marie LeVeau one- which actually looked kind of Carmen Miranda-ish with the lumpy pile of stuff on her head. Plus the vodoo doll, oy.

14 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Me, too. But did it seem contrived that she started with that sailor thing-she never explained how that was 'haunting'- and then miraculously transformed it into the doll?  Also, I can't recall anyone getting a special 'atta girl' from the judges before, especially without being put into the top 3?

I hope the Mexican designer with the ruffly black fabric she brought with her is going to swear off 'reveals'. Also, I would have been interested in seeing if there was any construction involved with that top piece; it looked like a big veil, really. 

Taraji P is adorable-how can she be 51?- and totally knows how to wear fashion, but she seemed to be judging the designs by the standard of 'Would this work on ME?'

Anyone else want to know about the 'hauntings' in the Bartow Pell mansion ? Ghosts of Bartow Pell Mansion

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

All I really remember of him from that season was this funny instance of him in the background being carried in a big tote bag by someone else!

I have a vague recollection of this, now that you mention it! I would love to go back and rewatch that season, but it doesn’t seem to be available anywhere. All I remember is him saying “fierce”. Everything was “fierce”. It was annoying. Back-then Me would be shocked to learn that Christian would someday become my favorite part of the show. 

33 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Taraji P is adorable-how can she be 51?- and totally knows how to wear fashion, but she seemed to be judging the designs by the standard of 'Would this work on ME?'

I can’t really fault her for that. It’s also how I judge designs!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, dleighg said:

The judges were saying that Zayden's dress looked good when she stood still. REALLY? Her boobs were positively squashed down on her chest. No support whatsoever.

And while the winning outfit was lovely, I think I saw off-white undies showing from a side view. 

Glad Kenneth is gone. And Darren stop telling us how desperate you are for a date. 

I think the undies were visible from the back too. There was another black dress where white or off white panties were visible. I don’t mind that they show but would have preferred another color. I’m curious if the designers requested the models wear a specific color or forgot. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

I did not like Christian at all in his season. He was a brat and thought he hung the moon. However, he won the grand prize and also won fan favorite, so I thought it was just me. He is actually very toned down by comparison since he came back.

I was rooting for Chris March and Sweet Pea.

Me too!  I loved Chris March!  its just terrible what happened to him.  And Sweet Pea, she was great!   

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, candall said:

LOL, I had forgotten about everything being "Fierce!" with him.  I think he's done an excellent job of maturing into both of his designer/mentor roles.

His other constant comment was about "hot t***** messes" - if you ever do manage to rewatch the season, apparently the production company has gone through and removed all of those.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Say what you want about Christian, but he was the first designer to step up for some of the curvier actresses who were having trouble finding a designer for award show gowns ( and has continued to do so).  

His red carpet work is flawless, but some of the looks he has presented on the runway with plus sized models are not good.  He (and the designers on this season) do not know how to style clothes for women with breasts.  Please scroll thru and look at his plus sized designs.

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2021/09/new-york-fashion-week-christian-siriano-spring-2022-collection/ 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, meep.meep said:

How ironic after Christian's moaning about excessive use of red and black - the two designers using green ended up on the bottom.

This was the perfect time to use floaty white and silver.

That could have been stunning for this challenge.  Shantall used some kind of sparkly fabric, but I think it leaned toward gold rather than silver, and it wasn't floaty or ethereal.  It's disappointing that we don't get to see more of the designs in the middle.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

His other constant comment was about "hot t***** messes" - if you ever do manage to rewatch the season, apparently the production company has gone through and removed all of those.

Ew.  : (

1 hour ago, candall said:

Now my world will be incomplete until I see Christian being carried around in a tote bag like a purse pup.

LOL, I had forgotten about everything being "Fierce!" with him.  I think he's done an excellent job of maturing into both of his designer/mentor roles.

Ask and ye shall receive (scroll to about 8:25 unless you want to re-live all of the good, bad, and ugly of Baby!Siriano):  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

Is there a cultural reference for those schmatta looking things Bones wears on his head?  I’ve never seen anything like them (and am not a fan).  Not to mention his unfortunate wig. 

I will say that his comments to the judges about being proud of his look were refreshing. I didn’t agree but he came across as both sincere and confident, while also respectful. 

I liked Chasity’s look and was happy for her. Even though her model couldn’t walk. 

I also liked Anna’s. It reminded me of Day of the Dead. 

I was happy Brandon gave Katie a special shout-out. Her look was refreshing compared to the others. One of the bad things about this show is that only the top three and bottom three get any feedback.

I want to like Elaine but so many of her comments seem so cheesy. Her comment to Kenneth that they were “blessed” by his presence just seemed so inauthentic. Instead I liked Christian’s more straightforward comment about his presence in the workroom. 

• Love 15

I have a vague recollection of this, now that you mention it! I would love to go back and rewatch that season, but it doesn’t seem to be available anywhere. All I remember is him saying “fierce”. Everything was “fierce”. It was annoying. Back-then Me would be shocked to learn that Christian would someday become my favorite part of the show. 

I think I found it! It wasn't in the background, really, but it's at about 8:20.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, T Summer said:
13 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Won't this be available tomorrow On Demand?

Yes. It is in my area. I can never wait, though!

Okay!  This is what I found On Demand. They put this episode up through Sunday only. I assume they did the same thing with the first two eps. Then it goes off Demand. However at some point they put eps one and two up On Demand and they are now good through January. So I think they limit the ability to see the current episode for awhile and then put it up for an extended period of time. Unfortunately for me I needed to watch episode one the same day episode two aired and that was in the blackout period. That lapse in watching cost me 4.99.

As for the model selection I distinctly remember them laying out the model cards while in the mansion that night and picking them and agreeing that they had the ones they wanted. It was a quick scene.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Chastity’s gown could have been wheeled down the runway due to walking issues and it still was my winner. Octavio’s looked like he’d been scared by Hefty bags. Glad Kenneth got booted, he should have gone last week. 

No clue how Darren wasn’t in the bottom. 

Speaking of wheeling down the runway, what happened to all the “inclusiveness” of a few seasons ago when they had disabled models?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Anyone else want to know about the 'hauntings' in the Bartow Pell mansion ? Ghosts of Bartow Pell Mansion

I don't believe all these "legends" of hauntings and ghosts at the Bartow Pell Mansion are more than a few years old.  I've lived in NYC for forty years (in fact I lived in that part of the Bronx when I first moved here) and I NEVER heard of ghost stuff about the place. The famous Bronx ghost stories were all about Woodlawn Cemetery, Hart Island (NYC's potters field) and of course Edgar Allan Poe's cottage, where his wife died.  Not that it matters, obviously,  and it's also obvious why Project Runway would need the haunted place to suggest rich people in a grand mansion for an opulent masquerade ball challenge.  Still it's funny.  People do love ghosts and it's probably upped ticket sales for the museum.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I went to the Bravo website thinking that maybe with each designer's info they might show each look they create adding the current one every week? Nah... nobody over there thought that would be a good idea

🙄

• Love 1
4 hours ago, retired watcher said:
19 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Katie’s esthetic is clown on a TV show for kindergartners. 

When I see her all I an think of is Fraiser's ex wife the children's TV host.

Nanny G.  LOL!  That's EXACTLY what I thought about while watching last night.

• Love 4

Next week in my area, Bravo is repeating PR Saturday morning at 6:00 AM

oops, I guess they changed it, not until 6:00 AM the following Thurs. Nov. 11

Edited by Beezella
goofed
2 hours ago, candall said:

ff-topic remark:  if you have the option, get a DVR--it will completely change tv for you.  You will no longer watch commercials; there will always be ten things waiting for you that you truly want to see; you will pause and scrutinize and delete Project Runway on your own time.  <smile>

Years ago when one of my sisters got her first DVR, she called me to tell me that "It change my life. It CHANGED my life." Heh.

I like Bones, o.k., but I hated that he horned in on Chasity's winning moment. It's o.k. to console a losing designer, but why did he have to move over to pat her on the back like he was involved somehow? He was waaaaay on the other end of the line-up.

So glad Kenneth is gone. Darren needs to go NOW.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

Ask and ye shall receive (scroll to about 8:25 unless you want to re-live all of the good, bad, and ugly of Baby!Siriano):  

Yowie, that is a LOT of Baby Christian to absorb all at one time!  He's like some adorable little baboo new puppy who pees on your new rug and destroys the leg of your grandmother's armoire and you still can't bring yourself to hate him.  That hair!  LOLOL.

That was fun.  Thank you for posting.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Deskisamess said:

I loved Chris, may he RIP.

Oh no.....I just googled dear Chris March. Sadly, I did not know that he had passed in 2019.

Dear One, Rest in peace and unlimited creativity. Your presence and talent on PR was such a joy !

You had such a sweet and joyous personality. Remembering your laugh !!!! Loved it !

xxxxx

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Lovecat said:

I've always said, the couture outfit that Chris & Christian created is The Best Piece I have ever seen on PR, then or now. I doubt anyone will ever top that, at least for me.

As for Kenneth, buh bye!

• Love 21

Chris March also had one season of his own reality show, Mad Fashion, where he and his team made special occasion outfits for celebrities. It seems to be available for purchase on Amazon Prime. I remember liking it and was disappointed he didn't get a second season.

Christian gets celebrated for his inclusive fashion, but he's not a visionary. Nobody ever seems to point out his last-minute look for Leslie Jones is basically the Pretty Woman dress,

2ae6ab6a-4844-11e6-be36-c96661a2deb1-960

b99c2ab57c0ea1df4263de508e1ac6ed.jpg

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Chris March also had one season of his own reality show, Mad Fashion, where he and his team made special occasion outfits for celebrities. It seems to be available for purchase on Amazon Prime. I remember liking it and was disappointed he didn't get a second season.

Christian gets celebrated for his inclusive fashion, but he's not a visionary. Nobody ever seems to point out his last-minute look for Leslie Jones is basically the Pretty Woman dress,

They’re both red, off-the-shoulder gowns, but they look quite different to me.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Say what you want about Christian, but he was the first designer to step up for some of the curvier actresses who were having trouble finding a designer for award show gowns ( and has continued to do so).

I vaguely recall on his season, he wasn't 100% kind about having to design for a plus size model?  family member? and it was a bit of a tarnish on him.  But he evidently learned from the experience, and turned it completely around.  Good on him.

10 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I've always said, the couture outfit that Chris & Christian created is The Best Piece I have ever seen on PR, then or now. I doubt anyone will ever top that, at least for me.

Oh yes.  I vividly remember that dress, as well as Austin's corn husk dress and Andrae's gutter water dress. 

I'll also never forget Austin's face falling when he got back to the workroom and found that the corn husks had dried out overnight and had curled up.  Before he left for the night, it was gorgeous.  Still pretty amazing when the model walked it down the runway, but nothing what it was when it was fresh. 

That dress was when I fell in love with PR.  Up to that point it was just something on in the background.  Watching a person wander around in a grocery store, choose ears of corn for the unconventional material, then watch them through the creative process take those husks and put together a fantastically textured pattern and construct a garment out of something most of us throw into compost was very eye-opening to me.  Creative people like that and their creative process is fascinating to me.  See also: Face Off, Blown Away etc.

• Love 18
19 hours ago, T Summer said:

The back of Bones look was a mess, judges are right. I do still like the bodice portion though.

When I first saw Bones' 'interesting' (odd? intriguing?) fabric that he'd brought from home, I immediately got this feel of something slinky that could have been worn by Carole Lombard in the 1930s.  Sleek, chic, but somehow with a 'haunted' feel to meet the goals of the competition.  (Wish I was a designer and could come up with the "rest of my idea."  😆)  But I bet that Bones could have come up with something amazing..  Instead, I was kinda left with this "take" on Robin Hood or Peter Pan -- that combo of green; then gold with zigzag cuts.   I keep envisioning the possibility of his sleek (deliciously slimy) green fabric hugging the model's front & with criss-cross back straps with dramatic batwing-style edging.  A haunting '30's feel. (P.S.  You can tell that I have NEVER been a designer.  Bwahahahaha.  But I just felt sad to see his fabric end up in Sherwood Forest.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I vaguely recall on his season, he wasn't 100% kind about having to design for a plus size model?  family member? and it was a bit of a tarnish on him.  But he evidently learned from the experience, and turned it completely around.  Good on him.

Oh yes.  I vividly remember that dress, as well as Austin's corn husk dress and Andrae's gutter water dress. 

I'll also never forget Austin's face falling when he got back to the workroom and found that the corn husks had dried out overnight and had curled up.  Before he left for the night, it was gorgeous.  Still pretty amazing when the model walked it down the runway, but nothing what it was when it was fresh. 

That dress was when I fell in love with PR.  Up to that point it was just something on in the background.  Watching a person wander around in a grocery store, choose ears of corn for the unconventional material, then watch them through the creative process take those husks and put together a fantastically textured pattern and construct a garment out of something most of us throw into compost was very eye-opening to me.  Creative people like that and their creative process is fascinating to me.  See also: Face Off, Blown Away etc.

It can’t have been on in the background for long unless you were late to Season 1, because that corn husk dress was made in the very first episode of the series.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

When I first saw Bones' 'interesting' (odd? intriguing?) fabric that he'd brought from home, I immediately got this feel of something slinky that could have been worn by Carole Lombard in the 1930s.  Sleek, chic, but somehow with a 'haunted' feel to meet the goals of the competition.  (Wish I was a designer and could come up with the "rest of my idea."  😆)  But I bet that Bones could have come up with something amazing..  Instead, I was kinda left with this "take" on Robin Hood or Peter Pan -- that combo of green; then gold with zigzag cuts.   I keep envisioning the possibility of his sleek (deliciously slimy) green fabric hugging the model's front & with criss-cross back straps with dramatic batwing-style edging.  A haunting '30's feel. (P.S.  You can tell that I have NEVER been a designer.  Bwahahahaha.  But I just felt sad to see his fabric end up in Sherwood Forest.)

From the comments I'm reading about Bones' look (and you aren't alone...the judges put it in the bottom 3 after all), I have a feeling it's looking very different to me on a small TV. Maybe if I saw it on a 60" TV it would look different? The fabric he brought looked green  in the work room but on the model and next to the bronze top it read kind of pewter-y to me. Between the model's awesome body, the way she walked the garment  and Bones making it fit her like a glove it  had an almost  liquid   quality on the runway. I could imagine it without the junky fringe and chains and a more subtle mask and it really working. Though by the time I saw it a couple of times I didn't mind the feather headdress.

...but then I may not know anything at all because I liked Octavio's (red mustache) look, and that thing is getting dragged to hell and back everywhere I went looking for photos of the designer's looks!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

He (and the designers on this season) do not know how to style clothes for women with breasts.  Please scroll thru and look at his plus sized designs.

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2021/09/new-york-fashion-week-christian-siriano-spring-2022-collection/

Boy, you aren't kidding! 

2 hours ago, candall said:

That hair!  LOLOL.

It looks like he was already disguising a receding hairline back then.  If women can now embrace their curves, men should be able to embrace their hairlines.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I missed episode one and looked everywhere and found out that once they air the episode it is gone. Period. The only way to see episodes already aired is to pay for Peacock Premium which I had to do for a month (4.99) to see episode one. The streaming services are really out of control at this point. I feel like I am being extorted to be able to watch what I used to watch on cable or air even last year. They move stuff to streaming like they are locking it in a vault and only they have the key.

Get a Tivo. Or cut the cord and go digital. I have YouTube TV, which has pretty much unlimited recording. You can add shows to your library and access them any time you want. 

1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

Oh no.....I just googled dear Chris March. Sadly, I did not know that he had passed in 2019.

I was gutted when Chris died. He'd struggled so much and was trying so hard to get better. I donated to a Go Fund Me his friends set up for him a couple of times. 

PR's lost three, so far. Chris, Mychael Knight and Wendy Pepper. Very sad. 

1 hour ago, caitmcg said:

It can’t have been on in the background for long unless you were late to Season 1, because that corn husk dress was made in the very first episode of the series.

Ha!  You're right.  I caught it in a PR marathon that Bravo used to run prior to a new season.  I think I started  background-watching in the second season, but caught that episode in the marathon before the third?  It was long ago.  But obviously the corn husk dress was unforgettable!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Okay!  This is what I found On Demand. They put this episode up through Sunday only. I assume they did the same thing with the first two eps. Then it goes off Demand. However at some point they put eps one and two up On Demand and they are now good through January. So I think they limit the ability to see the current episode for awhile and then put it up for an extended period of time. Unfortunately for me I needed to watch episode one the same day episode two aired and that was in the blackout period. That lapse in watching cost me 4.99.

As for the model selection I distinctly remember them laying out the model cards while in the mansion that night and picking them and agreeing that they had the ones they wanted. It was a quick scene.

It appears to me that Peacock is doing this with all their current shows. I used to be able to watch things on the Bravo app, but they have put most everything behind their paywall. I am really, really annoyed with them. 
Right now we don’t have our local NBC station because of a dispute between Dish Network and Tegna who owns the station.

I can’t watch any new episodes of the couple of shows I watch on Peacock unless I pay $4.99. The shows aren’t that great so my life will go on, but so really annoyed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TzuShih said:

Carole Lombard wears dresses extremely well.  She has some that would have been great for this challenge.

image.png.c18c784fb42d16debe200fc5b7941bd1.png   image.png.0f6e18fb89434cccd6e25c0977a9ead3.png  image.png.9cf93c0fb0161ff1e8b70f6da921bc35.png

I think Bones' fabric was a little too stiff for this kind of slinky look, but it did look like liquid moving on the runway.  His idea had possibilities, but didn't quite work in the end. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I thought a some of Christian's spring 2022 looks resembled what we saw last night on PR. 

It’s not just you. Some of the designs looked looked like the two that were in the top two.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Similarities - they're both red, long, and dresses.  Differences - the necklines, slit/no slit, sleeve, shade, fabric, silhouette, train/no train.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Josiemae said:

I have no idea who that actress person guest judge is, but ... obnoxious. 

Taraji has been on two long running and very popular TV shows: Person of Interest and Empire. I liked her in both but I stopped watching Empire after the 2nd season because it was getting too Dinasty for my taste.

Taraji was great in both. She has also done movies, but I don't recall what they were and I'm too lazy to look them up.

I thought she did as good a job as a guest job as others have. At least she wasn't snarky or rude.

• Love 8