Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E03: If You Got It, Haunt It

• Start Topic

The designers are sent to sleep in a haunted mansion to find inspiration; if they can survive the night, they'll have two days to create a hauntingly chic masquerade gown for a runway show with award-winning actress, Taraji P. Henson.

Original air date: October 28, 2021

1 minute ago, WaltersHair said:

Christian: "This is horrible. What are you trying to do? Why are you makng that?"

Also Christian: "Have fun."

Dude.

I missed his season, so I can't have an opinion on him as a contestant. However, he's not a great mentor.

• Love 12

I need a longer look at each design. I think I liked Anna's,  and the lady who worked with black lace fabric she brought from home, Chasity's, and Octavio's. I would have liked Bones without the crazy headdress and the silvery fringe around the bottom as I liked the sculptural feel.

Aren't there usually a lot of jewel tones associated with masquerade ball wear? and kind of minimal masks? (whether handheld or worn)

Edited by T Summer
added an afterthought
  • Love 12

PR has always been subjective and there where times I agreed with the judges and times I thought they were blind as bats. But I don't begrudge anyone winning and many alumni have gone on to impressive careers.

The top three looks were amazing

• Love 17

Honestly, if they keep Kenneth over Bones or Zayden, it has to be for drama.  I remember when they sent home the usually stellar Afa and kept the usually messy Kovid a couple of seasons ago.

Edited by CraftyHazel
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I liked the top 3 but I would have given it to one of the other two since Chasity’s model had so much trouble walking.  

I totally noticed this too.  She could only take baby steps.

I am enjoying this season.  I thoroughly enjoy Christian and don’t miss any of the previous cast that has decided to move on.  The new design show with Heidi and Tim wasn’t worth watching.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, T Summer said:

What is this BS with no repeat showing of Project Runway on Thursday night? How are we supposed to get another look at the runway? I can't even remember what Aaron sent down.😒

I've taken to pausing the screen when it's showing both a model and the designer's name, and then snapping a photo with my cellphone. 

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I've taken to pausing the screen when it's showing both a model and the designer's name, and then snapping a photo with my cellphone. 

I wish I could do that 🙂

Possibly because I don't have a DVR box?

3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I missed his season, so I can't have an opinion on him as a contestant. However, he's not a great mentor.

I'll take him (Christian) over Tim Gunn any day.  I feel he does have helpful advice, whether about design, construction, or whatever.  Tim always seemed to be "I love it"/"I hate it", or "I don't love it"/"I don't hate it.  Never anything constructive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

To whom did Christian use the word "horrible"?

Telling Kate the Clown that her Breton-striped shirt was a sailor look was spot-on! 

I think Christian tried to be specific:

Don't just add tuile; it will look like blobs on the side.

I don't recommend using that fabric because it is unforgiving.

Why hide your beautiful dress with a train?

Look at your pleats! Make them even, each side to the other!

What creeps you [out]? Go with that. 

Your jewelry-on-the-mask idea is very clever!

~~~~~~

What kind of comments do people want from Christian? He's remarked, warned, advised, and/or complimented on color choice, fabric choice, design choice, and even sewing choice.  Should he also sketch and purchase for the contestants?

This isn't "Project Runway: Best Home Amateurs."

Actually this was the first time in two seasons that I appreciated Christian's feedback to the designers.  Last season, in particular, he didn't seem to give ANY constructive feedback- maybe he was trying not to influence the competitors, but his role as a mentor means that he needs to give some advice.  His second time through the workroom tonight he seemed to have given up and just made some snarky comments, but I did appreciate him trying to  help initially.  

• Love 7

I know I’m not particularly fashionable, but I’m m really confused how Octavio’s dress is flattering but Kenneth’s is not. I do think Kenneth was the right choice to go, but Octavio’s dress was just a blob squished on top of a blob. And I feel like I’ve seen it before. 

• Love 17

Looks like they had a discussion off-screen about picking models. And Christian was told to give actual constructive criticism.

Somebody could have done a fabulous jumpsuit, or elegant palazzo pants, but everyone went to gown. Finally Kenneth is gone. I knew they weren't going to eliminate a designer with a win over the one who's been in the bottom three times. Octavio's outfit reminded me of the guys in the balloon costumes from New Order's True Faith video.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, T Summer said:

What is this BS with no repeat showing of Project Runway on Thursday night? How are we supposed to get another look at the runway? I can't even remember what Aaron sent down

I missed episode one and looked everywhere and found out that once they air the episode it is gone. Period. The only way to see episodes already aired is to pay for Peacock Premium which I had to do for a month (4.99) to see episode one. The streaming services are really out of control at this point. I feel like I am being extorted to be able to watch what I used to watch on cable or air even last year. They move stuff to streaming like they are locking it in a vault and only they have the key.

I love this season so far and am really enjoying the workroom and even some of the drama. Christian has always been my favorite mentor. What I realized tonight is that Nina isn't dropping any of her very clever but utterly rude comments so far like in seasons past. New Nina? Or too early in the season for the big stupid mistakes? Or more savvy group of designers?

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Looks like they had a discussion off-screen about picking models. And Christian was told to give actual constructive criticism.

Somebody could have done a fabulous jumpsuit, or elegant palazzo pants, but everyone went to gown. Finally Kenneth is gone. I knew they weren't going to eliminate a designer with a win over the one who's been in the bottom three times. Octavio's outfit reminded me of the guys in the balloon costumes from New Order's True Faith video.

IIRC, Christian mentioned "ball gown" when giving them instructions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

For me, the Top 3 were two nice gowns and one charred bell pepper.

I loved Chasity’s gown and thought they made the right decision. But I also liked Bones’s gown, so what do I know.

I hope Coral’s aunt gave her more fabric than she used. Because it would be a shame if she used her entire legacy gift on a mid-level gown. (A gown I also liked, BTW.)

You are not alone in that as I liked Coral's gown and I liked what Bones did. He just did too much. IMO it would have been a great look if he left off the chains and the   metallic fringe. Even the crazy feathered headdress  thing gas grown on me after looking at it a few more times.   The sculptural element and liquid like shine set it apart from the others.   I  didn't think it should've  been in the bottom, even as presented.

Some  that were excused  as safe were contenders for bottom 3 IMO like Sabrina's  pile of black ruffled lace, Darren's  red gown's top half was rather odd looking to me as was Kristina's  placement  of shiny bits on the abdomen  of her  sleeveless black gown.

Prajje's burgundy head covering with a red dress that already looked like 2 slightly different shades of red... I didn't get.

Even artsy craftsy Katie had a little moment.  I'm really  liking Octavio's work. I'll bet he's one of one's left to put on a runway show in the finale.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

TPTB might very well have had those discussions, but, since supposedly the season has already been taped, any perceived changes aren't likely from viewer response. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I missed episode one and looked everywhere and found out that once they air the episode it is gone. Period. The only way to see episodes already aired is to pay for Peacock Premium which I had to do for a month (4.99) to see episode one. The streaming services are really out of control at this point. I feel like I am being extorted to be able to watch what I used to watch on cable or air even last year. They move stuff to streaming like they are locking it in a vault and only they have the key.

I love this season so far and am really enjoying the workroom and even some of the drama. Christian has always been my favorite mentor. What I realized tonight is that Nina isn't dropping any of her very clever but utterly rude comments so far like in seasons past. New Nina? Or too early in the season for the big stupid mistakes? Or more savvy group of designers?

I've been finding if I search You Tube just after the show airs I can find a video of the full episode someone has put up. They will usually get taken down  in a few hours and then there will only be ones that try to lead you to click the link in the description box and watch somewhere else.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

The changes would have been made by production after the clusterfuck of the last episode.

I've already deleted this episode so I can't double check the exact instructions. Won't this be available tomorrow On Demand?

Yes. It is in my area. I can never wait, though!

16 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Aaron produced another fine effort. I await the day he wins a challenge. 

He's got to I wouldn't have given him this particular win over Chasity, but it could be argued foe ep 1 or 2. Aaron has to be one of the designers left in the finale, I'd think.

• Love 5

Bones is showing his limitations more with each week, but at least I feel like his look could've been salvaged with some editing; maybe this was intended more as a wakeup call for him. Whereas there was nothing flattering about Sabrina's flapping black loofahs, yet the judges and editors seem to forget she and Shantall exist—whenever those two finally get airtime, I'll know it's probably their terminal episode. It's not like Aaron, where I suspect they're keeping him mostly under the radar because he'll have plenty of time to shine later. 

Wondering if it's my screen that made Darren and Prajjé's dresses appear less blood red and more Christmas red. Also, Darren's thirst issues are getting more time than his design abilities. Telling.

I got more Dia de los Muertos than Halloween from Kristina's. But good enough, I guess.

Katie was on the right track for once but she needed to figure it out sooner and develop it into something more polished. For starters, she should've nixed the red paint, which added nothing and made it look like her model was spotting. In a consistently even pattern, but still.

Not a fan of Octavio's dress and would've put Coral ahead of him, even if hers was entirely about the fabric. Anna's gave me Havisham nouveau vibes, in a good way. Chasity's model might've been restricted to baby steps, but since it meant more time to take in the dress as she passed, I'm calling it a feature rather than a bug.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Bones is showing his limitations more with each week, but at least I feel like his look could've been salvaged with some editing; maybe this was intended more as a wakeup call for him. Whereas there was nothing flattering about Sabrina's flapping black loofahs, yet the judges and editors seem to forget she and Shantall exist—whenever those two finally get airtime, I'll know it's probably their terminal episode. It's not like Aaron, where I suspect they're keeping him mostly under the radar because he'll have plenty of time to shine later. 

Wondering if it's my screen that made Darren and Prajjé's dresses appear less blood red and more Christmas red. Also, Darren's thirst issues are getting more time than his design abilities. Telling.

I got more Dia de los Muertos than Halloween from Kristina's. But good enough, I guess.

Katie was on the right track for once but she needed to figure it out sooner and develop it into something more polished. For starters, she should've nixed the red paint, which added nothing and made it look like her model was spotting. In a consistently even pattern, but still.

Not a fan of Octavio's dress and would've put Coral ahead of him, even if hers was entirely about the fabric. Anna's gave me Havisham nouveau vibes, in a good way. Chasity's model might've been restricted to baby steps, but since it meant more time to take in the dress as she passed, I'm calling it a feature rather than a bug.

Darren and Prajje's  did appear   Christmas red or at any rate a brighter red than I would choose for a gown. It didn't look to be a sophisticated red. Prajje's  skirt portion had a slightly more fushia tinge than the top on my TV anyway... making the burgundy head covering a strange choice IMO.

Red? On artsy craftsy Katie's frock? Oh damn... I didn't see that. (I'm watching on a small  bdr TV). Ol' girl really can't help herself, can she?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Who's going to go next?

artsy craftsy Katie?

p.s. how many of those oversized ruffly sailor collars does she have in her wardrobe, and will we ever see her sport another look?

Darren, who really hopes one day to get a date?

One of the 'S' girls, Sabrina? Shantal?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The judges were saying that Zayden's dress looked good when she stood still. REALLY? Her boobs were positively squashed down on her chest. No support whatsoever.

And while the winning outfit was lovely, I think I saw off-white undies showing from a side view. 

Glad Kenneth is gone. And Darren stop telling us how desperate you are for a date. 

• Love 17
On 10/28/2021 at 10:48 PM, Emmeline said:

I totally noticed this too.  She could only take baby steps.

I am enjoying this season.  I thoroughly enjoy Christian and don’t miss any of the previous cast that has decided to move on.  The new design show with Heidi and Tim wasn’t worth watching.

It's true that C's model had trouble walking freely, but I believe the difference is that her dress was very well constructed, and a much better, more imaginative design.  I also enjoy Christian as a mentor, and having watched him as a contestant, am truly surprised at how much he matured as a human.  Tim was just too vague imo.  You're right, Making The Cut (H & T's new show) is unwatchable.

For those unfamiliar with Christian from his PR contestant days, here's an image from that timeframe.  Just oozes brattyness doesn't it?  lol

SirianoHeadshot.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 15

RE: Nina this season, some have commented the judging is different,  I think it’s because she’s being so nice. The ‘don’t bore Nina’ days are gone perhaps? And I haven’t noticed the snarky comments she usually makes. But it’s early yet so we’ll see. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

I did not like Christian at all in his season. He was a brat and thought he hung the moon. However, he won the grand prize and also won fan favorite, so I thought it was just me. He is actually very toned down by comparison since he came back.

I was rooting for Chris March and Sweet Pea.

All I really remember of him from that season was this funny instance of him in the background being carried in a big tote bag by someone else!

I actually liked the rag doll clown lady's dress this week -- the one she made, I mean, not anything she wore. Also, Bones seems like a very nice person.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8