Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E02: Peter

shantown
  • Start Topic

Growing up, Peter excelled in everything he did, but the pressure of being perfect, coupled with a secret childhood trauma led Peter to fentanyl, and now he's smoking 1,000 times the lethal dose every day.

Airs 10/25/21 (10:01-11:04pm) on A&E

7 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Damn that must be expensive. Where does he get the money for all that Fentanyl?

Dealing apparently—Peter is damn lucky he’s not been killed carrying around those huge chunks of fentanyl. Not to mention avoiding death by overdose. Or being pulled over by the cops and sent to prison, I don’t know how many years you’d get for a rock of fentanyl like he had but I’m sure it’s a lot.

I think he did time for commercial burglary so plenty of theft probably supplemented his income.

• Love 1

This was so sad. What a taltented and creative guy who lost so much due to shame. Shame kills people. I'm so glad he remained sober and got away from his hometown, and I hope he really did embrace the sober scene in Austin, because there is also a big drinking/drug scene there, especially in the music industry. He seems like such a good guy.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

I gave Peter some side-eye for telling us what a responsible, empathetic fentanyl dealer he was. Like people with high tolerances don't OD. I wonder if he actually believed what he was saying.

Exactly.  Like he was Santa Fentanyl.  What a good drug dealer he is /s 

• LOL 3

Man I related to many aspects of Peter’s story. This show more than many others has shown me how trauma manifests into drug addiction. Even “small” traumas like a divorce. For a teenager suddenly being told to “be a man” by a helpless mother…in a rigid traditional family…I can see it. 

Peter would have done great in the business world. He is very street smart in a way that can be very helpful in the professional world. It’s too bad he was forced into medicine and not encouraged to explore business, where he could have married his passions with making money. He could have owned a guitar making place vs. worked there.

…And I shouldn’t say “would have done” great, I should say “may still do great” in the business world. As someone who grew up with very similar pressures I am rooting for him!

• Love 2

His mom wasn’t helpless, she had/has a good career.  Surely she knew how to do basic adulting and parenting.  Shane on his father and grandparents too for not doing what needed to be done to help the mom stand on her own two feet.   

Again with the church and child abuse.  People need to wise up and not leave their children alone with adults just because they are church members or leaders. 

• Love 4
On 10/31/2021 at 7:26 PM, mythoughtis said:

People need to wise up and not leave their children alone with adults just because they are church members or leaders. 

^^^ This 100%. Thank you. (And, celebrities, too, i.e., Michael Jackson - I mean, really?)

• Love 3