Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Nathan's Journey

• Start Topic

(edited)

I watched the rerun this afternoon, it was interesting to see it the second time.   

I think this 'journey' showed the strain it puts on a relationship when one partner is carrying the entire burden of being the breadwinner, and the other is no longer capable of working.    I'm glad Nathan eventually went back to teaching.    

I hope that Nathan and Amber are doing well, and healthy.     I hope they both kept losing weight, and have a better life now.    

I've had friends who worked for schools, and Dr. Now just didn't understand you don't just get to take off whenever you want, and sometimes you just can't get a day off, especially when you're a new employee.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Caught this episode again tonight.  I actually hope Nathan escaped this marriage and found a person who likes him.  

I watched most of it last night and had forgotten how hateful his wife was. She was in even worse shape (as measured by BMI) but certainly up on the breaking back of her high horse. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

I watched part of the rerun, and I think a lot of the Amber/Nathan conflict was they married as two people with active teaching careers.  Then Nathan had to quit, and everything was dumped on Amber.     I think it would be hard not to resent Nathan for not being able to work, and not being able to do much for himself.   It's not as if something happened to him that forced him to quit work that wasn't his own behavior.  I know becomeing that size is not all behavior, but it also comes with health issues.  I do realize that a lot of the poundticipants have been abused too, which makes me so sad for them.   

In Amber's place, I think I would have resented Nathan too.   I hope both lost weight, kept it off, and became healthy and happy.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1