Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Quatervois

• Start Topic

Members of the group put a dangerous plan into motion, while others have serious reservations. More startling revelations come to light.

AMC+ airdate: 2021.10.24    AMC airdate: 2021.10.31

Be mindful if you participate in the Live Posting Topic - that topic will follow the show as it airs on AMC, so AMC+ viewers will be one episode ahead.  DO NOT SPOIL those who are watching on AMC.

Well finally the picture seems to form. Except one has to pause the show and try to decipher the newspapers. Guess I was right with my prediction that the CR has no idea about what the CRM has been doing. And my question about why now, 10 years in, is all of this happening. It seems that the CR was founded pretty much on day 1 of the apocalypse and back then the CR gave the military free reign to do whatever needs to be done. That agreement was for 10 years and the time is up. Now the CRM would be handed over to civilian oversight. The higher ups of CRM definitely won't want that.

In the newspaper there was one article of an anonymous farmer saying the CRM has done good work but it's time to hand the reigns over to the civilian government. The main article was about the transition of power with an interview with Major General Beale. He's basically hoping the transition is smooth but also pleading for more time.

That makes me wonder about the reason why they destroyed the other places. IMO there are several ways in which this can go. I've said before that the reason for them using walker herds was a cover up. But in light of this 10 year plan it can also be to show CR, 'look at what happened to those places, you take power away from us or dismantle us and the CR might suffer the same fate'.

I know some people have been speculating about Omaha being a large scale test because the Omaha police officer looked like had radiation burns or something else weird happening. This made me wonder about the post credit scene with Lyla. She said to her new superior (JADIS) that she knows this is her last chance to get 'it' right. Well it can't be about a cure because there are several scientists in on it and none of them have been given deadlines. We also never see any other scientist in that lab with the test subjects. I've also been wondering why the people in there are wearing hazmat suits. What if it's a bio weapon that is being developed. It was tested in Omaha but didn't do it's intended job. That would also explain why Beale is asking for more time and Lyla is basically on the chopping block talking about it being her last chance. And what if the CRM plans to use it against the CR population because they don't want to relinquish power. Using walker herds then has a double effect. It covers up the giant experiment for one but also shows the CR that a military power should exist to prevent something like that happening to CR.

And things are definitely gonna go down at the CR because Kublek has been transferred there indefinitely. And we know that where she usually goes, genocide happens. Her replacement is Jadis.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 2

I enjoy watching all the intrigue between what the CRM is doing. The teen angst & love triangle between Percy, Silas & Iris brings the show down . Iris is the weakest actress on the show. She comes across as very naive compared to Hope. 

I loved the part of Huck reading the newspaper. It's clear that the military doesn't want to give up power to the civilian government.

It looks like the CRM is able to obtain fresh coffee beans from warmer climates. Could they have a base in Hawaii or California ?

The show has so much potential if they focused on how the CR was created & what it has been doing doing for the past 10 years.

Huck was foolish to steal the reports in her mom's safe. Her mom would know that the report were stolen from the safe.

• Love 2

Everyone of them seems naive - I don't know how Iris-Hope et al. have managed to get as far as they have. Wouldn't the CRM have wired up Dad's apartment for sound - there are probably hidden sensors recording their speech and hidden cameras viewing them and shouldn't they be aware of this? So why would they make their plans for their escape there??  Or discuss their hypotheses for what happened to Omaha and the Campus?

I actually don't mind Silas so much - but Iris and Percy definitely make the show less enjoyable. I actually thought that the CRM's method to clear out zombies with indentured servanthood with the carrot of eventually being recruited into the CRM was a very practical solution for taking care of both walkers and the random people who wander into their area. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kevvoi said:

Wouldn't the CRM have wired up Dad's apartment for sound - there are probably hidden sensors recording their speech and hidden cameras viewing them and shouldn't they be aware of this? 

I was thinking that.  Not just dad's apartment being bugged, but definitely the labs and such.  But I'll handwave it if we can get this show over with.

It's actually just starting to get interesting now.  In the preview they showed the junkyard lady, can Rick be far behind?  

Didn't Iris and crew just say last episode they wouldn't go the CRM with Hope?  So instead they just walk up there and turn themselves in?  Wow, that's a much different plan, guys  🙄

• Love 3
22 hours ago, oakville said:

It looks like the CRM is able to obtain fresh coffee beans from warmer climates. Could they have a base in Hawaii or California ?

It's not just coffee beans. Kublek in S1 had a banana in her fruit bowl. There is also next episode where

Spoiler

Jadis brings alcohol when she catches up with Huck that's made from Brazilian sugarcane.

22 hours ago, oakville said:

The show has so much potential if they focused on how the CR was created & what it has been doing doing for the past 10 years.

If only they had made this a show about the CR to begin with. Then we could have had an episode entirely devoted to the formation of it. But I'm willing to bet Gimple & Co. wouldn't be able to pull that off.

17 hours ago, kevvoi said:

I actually don't mind Silas so much - but Iris and Percy definitely make the show less enjoyable.

I feel sorry for poor Silas. First Iris lead him on romantically in S1 but then dropped him as soon as something prettier walked on the scene. Then he sacrificed himself for Elton and Percy, hoping they could help/save Iris. Then he landed at the culling outpost and despite a tough start, the guys accepted him and Dennis seemed to be a good guy and mentor for Silas. He was finally getting his 'fresh start'. And then Iris showed up and completely screwed him over.

17 hours ago, kevvoi said:

Everyone of them seems naive - I don't know how Iris-Hope et al. have managed to get as far as they have. Wouldn't the CRM have wired up Dad's apartment for sound - there are probably hidden sensors recording their speech and hidden cameras viewing them and shouldn't they be aware of this? So why would they make their plans for their escape there??  Or discuss their hypotheses for what happened to Omaha and the Campus?

One would think the CRM has basic surveillance like that. But so far that has not been even hinted at in the show. I wonder if that is still something that will be revealed in the remaining episodes or if the genius writers forgot about something so simple.

17 hours ago, rmontro said:

Didn't Iris and crew just say last episode they wouldn't go the CRM with Hope?  So instead they just walk up there and turn themselves in?  Wow, that's a much different plan, guys

Well Iris' point was that going in without an escape plan would be a bad idea. She wasn't wrong on that front. However they don't really have an escape plan because in order to get back out the way they planned (through the culling outpost), they would have to get out of the CR first and their plan would have to succeed without a hitch. Such as Silas not being caught, which he was. Not to mention the changed the plan at the last second anyway.

• Love 4

Lol at the adults listening to the dumb teenagers all the time.

I had to check imdb to figure out who the new mysterious military woman was because she looked SO familiar and I couldn't place her. lol.