Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Six Hours

• Start Topic

I liked the way grace wasn't annoyed when she sends her partner out to get baby milk and he comes back six hours later and tells her he didn't bother with the baby milk but spent the time building a replica of  the Back to the Future car instead.

• LOL 6

Not sure whether I'm more amused or impressed that on a show about a zombie apocalypse that now includes nuclear apocalypse action the showrunners thought you know what this needs? A baby that cries for almost the entire hour runtime. Talk about hell. And then just for good measure, they threw in the reveal that the father of suitcase zombie baby killed it because it wouldn't stop crying. Doesn't that give you a whole new appreciation for the aforementioned crying baby now? What about now?

My husband, who never sat through the maudlin In Dreams episode, was losing it over Grace basically causing the crash in the first place by losing it over a cassette and then wanting to talk about her feelings and desire to off herself right now while they were in middle of trying to change a tire in the fallout. Me, while appreciating the necessity of okay we have this baby. We need to figure out how to feed her and what we're going to do with her, was giving Morgan serious side-eye over his more or less strongarming Grace with so sad your kid is dead but here's this other one you can mother. Instafamily, everybody! Did you see my cool car I built instead of looking for formula while you were stuck listening to her scream for hours? 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BasilSeal said:

he didn't bother with the baby milk but spent the time building a replica of  the Back to the Future car instead.

So I'm no expert on cars or anything but back in the 80's, my first girlfriend drove a Ford Pinto (obviously before all the explosions and the recall). While I was watching last night's episode I thought to myself, isn't that a Ford Pinto? How the hell did Morgan even find one of those? Oh, nice, he put the baby in the very back, right above the gastank. Oh, even nicer, Morgan apparently rigged something up so that he could carry extra tanks of fuel...right on the back. Man, that baby has the thickest plot armor EVER!!!

image.thumb.png.487ff13849fc0d22fd7dc937aab5eb2d.png

• LOL 6

Whole episode was running in a circle or trying to paddle upstream....they ended up right back where they started....where, low and behold, everything they needed was right there under their noses (or, uh, floorboards). Space filler much?!?!?!

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 5

I hate it that they added the nuclear fallout story to this. It makes the whole thing even more enclosed and dark. I don’t want to see people in hazmat suits walking around a yellow fog. Of course Morgan found months worth of powdered  milk underneath the floor. It’s not like a bunch of navy guys would save actual food or anything!

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 7

I was hoping Grace and Morgan would give the poor baby to Strand's men, then Grace and Morgan die on the way to wherever the hell they were going.  I don't need to see them anymore.  

Also, I wonder how Morgan has managed to look so well groomed after all these years, especially that shaved head. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

My husband, who never sat through the maudlin In Dreams episode, was losing it over Grace basically causing the crash in the first place by losing it over a cassette and then wanting to talk about her feelings and desire to off herself right now while they were in middle of trying to change a tire in the fallout.

At least she could have have had the decency to sacrifice herself for the others...  But no.  One hour of mumbling and complaining with the baby crying at the same time. 

Morgan will finish going for a pack of cigarettes with no coming back.

10 hours ago, diebartdie said:

So I'm no expert on cars or anything but back in the 80's, my first girlfriend drove a Ford Pinto (obviously before all the explosions and the recall). While I was watching last night's episode I thought to myself, isn't that a Ford Pinto? How the hell did Morgan even find one of those? Oh, nice, he put the baby in the very back, right above the gastank. Oh, even nicer, Morgan apparently rigged something up so that he could carry extra tanks of fuel...right on the back. Man, that baby has the thickest plot armor EVER!!!

image.thumb.png.487ff13849fc0d22fd7dc937aab5eb2d.png

Morgan took the diesel from the submarine to power that Pinto.  A diesel Pinto?  Is that a thing?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The whole episode was beyond ridiculousness. In 6 hours Morgan finds a car (a pinto? at first I thought it was a maverick,lol) .Then he gets a diesel engine to swap out and get running. Bitch__ please_ !!!  Anybody else so sick of the bullshit drama that always comes up between Morgan and Grace??? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Terrible episode.  There were no rules established about how long they could be outside their suits.  They started off locked up airtight and by the end of the episode, they and baby were spending what seemed like hours completely exposed to a radiated environment.

• Love 3

Of course the bounty hunter's brother turns up, somehow having found where Ginny put the head, still in its box, looking for the guy whose name is on the box, and finding him WHILE HE'S ON THE MOVE! Of course.

This show and its contrived coincidences.

Why would anyone name their community "PADRE"? Why, Alicia?

• Love 2

I too found the crying baby for almost the entire episode draining and tiresome.  And again how people find each other so easily in this now nuclear apocalypse is beyond me.  I doubt the baby was actually crying in every scene as at times you could hear crying but not see baby's face.  

I like Morgan but am tired of this boring, who cares, storyline.

• Love 1
On 10/31/2021 at 6:23 AM, BasilSeal said:

I'm sure there'll be a reason, though not necessarily a good one.

I was wondering if this mystical settlement was located on Padre Island off the coast of southern Texas. I will admit it is not clear to me at all where exactly in Texas they are supposed to be at (and this show has always had a loose grasp of western US and northern Mexico's geography).

On 11/11/2021 at 1:44 AM, kevvoi said:

I was wondering if this mystical settlement was located on Padre Island off the coast of southern Texas. I will admit it is not clear to me at all where exactly in Texas they are supposed to be at (and this show has always had a loose grasp of western US and northern Mexico's geography).

That would definitely make sense, and as such, this being the walking dead, i think we can safely discount it.

Being serious i seem to remember Will making a comment about Alicia finding a way to keep everyone safe, but that if they did this it would put her in danger, or something to that effect, can't remember the exact wording, I do think there'll be some twist beyond it being the run of the mill post apocalyptic walled community. but locating whatever it is on an island would certainly make sense