Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E07: Horror Night

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Is Beetlejuice being Honored tonight? If so I need the Beetlejuice theme, Day-O or Jump in the Line DAMMIT!!

Nope :(

• Hellraiser
  • Arachnophobia
  • It
  • American Psycho
  • A Quiet Place
  • The Purge
  • Cujo
  • Us
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • Saw

The only ones I've seen are Arachnophobia and American Psycho.

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Nope :(

• Hellraiser
  • Arachnophobia
  • It
  • American Psycho
  • A Quiet Place
  • The Purge
  • Cujo
  • Us
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • Saw

The only ones I've seen are Arachnophobia and American Psycho.

Vampire Diaries? UGGGGHHHHH. Stopped watching it when they Had Unlikeable Elena fall for a guy who once tried to kill her brother, also mentally and physically abused one of her best friends and also dated and screwed his brother 

• Love 4

Man, when Daniella was standing on Iman's shoulders...my hands got a bit sweaty watching that. That was intense. 

That dance also reminded me that I have Us saved on the DVR,  I need to sit down and watch it at some point. Given Halloween's upon us and all, this week would be as good a time as any to do so. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't Peta and Nyle do a contemporary with no music, once? To show what it was always like for him?

I seem to remember it was only a portion of a dance. 

Nyle was/is the most beautiful man.....In person, too, as I saw the troupe outside "Good Morning, America."

As for tonight, I enjoyed Olivia Jade, JoJo, the Miz as usual---and his fabulous house, Iman, and, well, most of them! I did think Kenya was running out of breath. 

Personally, I don't care for horror movies at all. Not even for the great Tim Curry ("It." I love "RHPS"!)

Tonight motivated me to check out Tangos on YouTube. Oh, man, the legwork in international competition! You'll  need a cigarette afterwards! 😆🔥

I'm looking forward to hearing Adam Lambert sing Queen next week! 🥰 👑  🎶

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I did not expect Iman to be the second one to get a perfect score!

I feel like the tango suits Suni. Her serious expression works well with it.

Iman earned it.  That was fantastic.  And Suni's tango was beautiful.

• Love 7

That was a great dance from Suni. I loved that opening sequence. And she looks beautiful in red. 

Saw is next...finally, a movie/show from this list I've actually seen :p. I've heard of all the others tonight, just haven't seen them - I may need to remedy that a bit at some point. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I seem to remember it was only a portion of a dance. 

Nyle was/is the most beautiful man.....In person, too, as I saw the troupe outside "Good Morning, America."

As for tonight, I enjoyed Olivia Jade, JoJo, the Miz as usual---and his fabulous house, Iman, and, well, most of them! I did think Kenya was running out of breath. 

Personally, I don't care for horror movies at all. Not even for the great Tim Curry ("It." I love "RHPS"!).

Tonight motivated me to check out Tangos on YouTube. Oh, man, the legwork in international competition! You'll  need a cigarette afterwards! 😆🔥

I'm looking forward to hearing Adam Lambert sing Queen next week! 🥰 👑  🎶

Sorry for the repeat. Hit the quote symbol instead of edit. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe

Shame, because I think Kenya's been getting better and better each week. I was thinking maybe Cody and Olivia would be in the bottom two, given all the issues of late with Cody and Cheryl being sick and people's issues with Olivia and her past. But nope.

Eh, well. At least Kenya's leaving on a high note with some strong dances behind her, so there's that. 

• Love 5

I don’t know where Melora’s fans are coming from but she seems to be beating the middle aged woman curse on the show and I’m here for it.

In any other season Cody would’ve been eliminated when they testede positive. They should’ve been eliminated the first week back in the ballroom. He has no posture, I don’t know why they aren’t calling him out on it.

I just feel sorry for Amanda. She seems like she’s just barely keeping it together. I do think Alan is a great coach for her. I wish she could connect with the audience but it’s like she’s just going through the steps to get to the next thing she has to do.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, boyznkatz said:

Iman and Daniella for the win!

I could totally see that happen and I wouldn’t be mad about it. Iman is not the strongest dancer in the competition, but he is charming, gives it his all every week, and does a great job with the choreography that Daniella gives him. He doesn’t just stand there and let her do all the work. He also makes lifts look effortless.

Daniella is amazing. Jenna is delivering great choreography every week, but Daniella is on another level. Imagine what she could do if she had a ringer. She kind of reminds me of Karina Smirnoff in that she’s a beautiful dancer who is just lovely to watch. 

• Love 19

The Miz and Sasha should team up every Halloween show to scare/prank people. (Sasha's jump-scare on Suni was gentle and low-key by his standards, lol.)

Bruno's teeny-tiny devil horns made me laugh, and even after Tyra said it I didn't get creepy tarantula from Carrie Ann. I got a cross between Pippi Longstocking and a demented Cindy Lou Who. 

It's seriously irritating that we are on week six of competition and Tyra still can't pronounce Jimmie's name right; I'm starting to get offended on his behalf. And Cody's boyfriend seemed perfectly nice from the two seconds we saw of him on FaceTime, what was up with Tyra telling Cody post-dance how good it was that the boyfriend wasn't after him for his fame/celebrity? Geesh. 

Val's "I don't think we have the luxury of getting a lot of [viewer] votes, unfortunately" was a fantastic moment of truth-telling in contrast to Derek/TPTB's indignation that she was in the bottom (probably wasn't a coincidence they were called safe second overall) and especially Olivia Jade and her giggle-induced "I don't know why we were in the bottom unless it was, like, a personal issue." Yes, Olivia Jade, people might have a personal issue with you and your parents. Surely you know that. 

I loved Iman and Daniella's dance. They were awesome. The drop-jump from a standing position on his shoulders...good God!

"In no particular order, the last couple safe is..." The bottom two is the bottom two, so the last couple called safe has to be called in a particular order, Tyra. I would be surprised if Kenya/Brandon hadn't gone home after her third straight week in the bottom. The dance they did tonight was something I'd expect from camera-blocking rehearsal day; the entire routine was at half-speed and half-energy. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Olivia Jade and her giggle-induced "I don't know why we were in the bottom unless it was, like, a personal issue." Yes, Olivia Jade, people might have a personal issue with you and your parents. Surely you know that. 

Heh, yeeeeeeeah, that bit had me going, "Oh, come on...". 

I like, too, that she automatically goes to that as the reason and not because, I dunno, maybe they felt one of their dances wasn't their strongest, or because the other contestants may have a particularly vocal fanbase, or something. I can see the whole "Maybe it's personal?" thing being a concern for a contestant, sure, but it'd be one of many, and not necessarily the first one that came to mind. Most contestants who've found themselves nearly voted off in the past usually tend to look inward and think it was something they did that they need to improve on. .

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Bruno's teeny-tiny devil horns made me laugh, and even after Tyra said it I didn't get creepy tarantula from Carrie Ann. I got a cross between Pippi Longstocking and a demented Cindy Lou Who. 

It took me a second, but I got the Cynthia doll from Rugrats

4DAA6981-64B3-4E7A-9E7D-35E5E9F81283.jpeg

• LOL 12

Carrie Ann has always been big on catching lifts.  Except tonight.  It was practically all lifts.  I loved it but I think the reason behind Carrie's rule is safety.  A lot of those spins and lifts tonight looked quite dangerous.

Edited by scarlettudor
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, scarlettudor said:

Carrie Ann has always been big on catching lifts.  Except tonight.  It was practically all lifts.  I loved it but I think the reason behind Carrie's rule is safety.  A lot of those spins and lifts tonight looked quit dangerous.

Lifts are allowed in Contemporary, Jazz, and Argentine Tango (and Salsa, but I don't think any of them danced the Salsa tonight). 

I would not be opposed to an Iman/Daniella win either. She is doing amazing things with him especially since he does not have a performing background, AND he's tall. 

Once again, the makeup department was doing Emmy-level work here. 

How many weeks do we have left? Because we honestly have a lot of spectacular dancers left. I actually think all of the high scores were pretty fair. 

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Lifts are allowed in Contemporary, Jazz, and Argentine Tango (and Salsa, but I don't think any of them danced the Salsa tonight). 

Thanks, Mad.  I think I knew about Contemporary but not Jazz, Argentine Tangp and Salsa.

Yes the make up was great.  I think costuming does a great job too except for Tyra.  They must not like Tyra.  The one dress she wore that I thought was great was in the early weeks and it was all mirrors.  Then she changed it mid show for something not  as good.  The mummy wrap tonght was very unattractive and  I dont even know what the second was supposed to be, except for fake blood.

Edited by scarlettudor
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

It's seriously irritating that we are on week six of competition and Tyra still can't pronounce Jimmie's name right; I'm starting to get offended on his behalf.

At this point, I have to assume she's doing it on purpose. She pronounces it right sometimes, but always gets it wrong right after they get their scores. 

2 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Can't have Amanda being better than the production and Judges Pick Jojo

This is odd to me. You seem to have a huge issue with JoJo because you think she's a professional dancer and yet you have no problem with Amanda? Amanda probably has as much, or probably more, dance training than JoJo has. You also complained once about how Jojo (and Olivia) were production pets because they dance last (or close to it often) and yet, to me, it seems like Amanda's danced last more than anyone, other than, maybe Suni.

Also, if JoJo is a professional, than it's no surprise she's getting tens now. Both of her dances last week were amazing. It's not like she's getting ten for crappy dancing.

The only dance I rewatched so far are JoJo/Jenna's and Iman and Daniella's. I will say Iman and Daniella's dance was definitely great. And Daniella is a wonderful choreographer. Still, I doubt he'll win (though crazier things - especially on this show - have happened.) He does really well in dances like this contemporary and the the dance a couple of weeks ago where he can throw her around and, basically, just move from pose to pose, but I'm not sure how many more dances like that he'll get. While I love Iman's enthusiasm and ability to take criticism, of the dancers left who don't have much experience and are growing every week - Iman, Miz, Jimmie - I love Jimmie the best. Emma is just as wonderful a choreographer as Daniella. Jimmie really puts his heart and soul into every dance. And they don't just rely on lifts and Jimmie throwing her around.

I rag on Tyra's clothes a lot, but I wonder if the theme weeks have just worked better or she finally got the message after that Jurassic Park monstrosity, but her clothes haven't been as trainwreck-y since. The first dress she wore tonight actually looked good, not even just in comparison to her usual horrors. Her second dress wasn't as great, but not as bad as some of her usual stuff. Thankfully, I can still make fun of her, because she still SUCKS as a host. She's constantly tripping over her words and constantly inserting herself where she doesn't belong. 

I agreed with the criticism for Melora. I think Artem fell into a trap and saw the judges/audience enjoying something and then couldn't let go of it and ran it into the ground. 

I think this was Suni's best dance. It probably helps that she didn't have to be overly expressive. I was shocked she was in the bottom two, but I can't say I would have been that sad to see her eliminated.

• Love 6

I’m still white-knuckled from Iman’s dance. I had to watch it a couple more times to appreciate the performance/character he put into it as well. That sort of amazing and, well, unexpected performance is what makes weeding through some of the show’s occasional nonsense worth it.

I initially felt like Melora was underscored, but realized after watching the whole show that I honestly didn’t remember much of it. Glad she’s sticking around, though.

Huge thumbs up to make up and wardrobe tonight. And to Derek’s choreography and performance.

It’s annoying that the last few minutes continue to be so rushed. Cut the rehearsal packages by 10 seconds each and cut out Tyra’s catwalk entrance.

I though that Derek’s and Olivia’s (faux?) surprise at her not getting votes would be the quotes of the evening, then Carrie Ann offered “maybe I’m on my period tonight.” 

Edited by mbluecpa
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

What a great episode! The show has had a Halloween-themed night very year, but I don't remember one having so many across the board great dances as tonight's Horror Night.

For as long as the show has been on the air, I have often found it frustrating when skilled, higher performing female celebrity dancers get eliminated ahead of less talented, but charming male celebrities. Therefore, I feel a bit like a hypocrite in that I look forward to watching Iman/Daniella each week and am actually pleased when they are called safe. Iman's expressiveness and commitment to performance have been a pleasant surprise. And his big, sweeping movements make him look majestic at times.

I also look forward to Olivia/Val each week. For someone who has no dance background, Olivia's confidence and refinement in her dancing have been impressive to me. Val's been doing a wonderful job teaching and choreographing for her.

I know it was Kenya's time to go, but I am still sad she had to leave. I think she has a lot of natural dancing talent, but she didn't quite command all of her dances and IMO Brandon's choreography prior to these past two weeks had been a little safe. Her rumba last week was spot-on and probably one of the best rumbas in the past few seasons.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1

I say it every week, but this is such an amazing season. No one deserves to go, and there are still so many left. 

Iman had the dance of the night obviously. It wasn't just the jawdropping lifts (although yes, also those), but his whole characterization and embodiment. Daniella is choreographing brilliantly, but he executed like an artist. Well deserved perfect scores.

Suni's tango was my favorite dance of hers. She creates such beautiful shapes with her body, and either she has been working on performance or she was more comfortable with this characterization and attitude. It was the first time I felt we truly saw her put all the pieces together. It will be a shame if she goes next week as she's coming into her potential.

Olivia continues to amaze me with her natural grace and musicality on the floor. I think Val could push her a little further, though, to help her stand out in this talented cast. Their dance was fun, but given the theme, it could have had a lot more menace.

I know JoJo is a trained jazz dancer, but I remember the horrible waste of Heather Morris's jazz. I'm glad we got JoJo truly showing what she can do. Jenna pulled off a really weird concept (Anything Goes and It???? Who came up with that?) and both she and JoJo made it creepy perfection.

The Miz also continues to amaze. He is truly a gifted performer. I'm tempted to check out his wrestling. 

I wish Kenya had gone out on a better note. This should have been a great dance for her, but she seemed like she was phoning it in. But at least she had her amazing rumba.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

I though that Derek’s and Olivia’s (faux?) surprise at her not getting votes would be the quotes of the evening, then Carrie Ann offered “maybe I’m on my period tonight.” 

Sure, Carrie Ann Jan...you're in your fifties, FFS.

I actually disliked Tyra's first dress more than her second...mostly all that crap near the bottom of her legs. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I got distracted a bit and I thought I heard  Iman was dancing to “Up”.  The mental gymnastics I went through to justify that to the theme rivaled their choreography!  
All in all, this has been a great season so far.  Everyone is dancing like they want to be there and not just for a paycheck.  I’m having trouble articulating because it’s a feeling not a fact but it just looks fun in the studio again.  Last season I felt some of the contestants couldn’t wait to be eliminated.  This year feels different. My favorite dances last night were JoJo, the Miz, Iman, and Jimmie.  My least were Amanda and Cody but honestly they were still good! It’s going to be hard watching the eliminations from now on because I’m invested in them all.  Even Olivia.  I’m getting soft.

• Love 7