Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Survival of the Fittest

jewel21
  • Start Topic

After the earth-shattering events of the Beverly and Crenshaw State Championship, Spencer also needs to come to terms what happened with Coop and Layla. Now he has the extra pressure of it being early national signing day for football and Spencer must make a major decision about committing. Meanwhile, Billy struggles to forgive Spencer about helping Jordan.

Airdate: 10/25/2021

I'm very relieved, because I was basically dreading this episode.  I knew that there were other gravestones Spencer could be visiting and that they didn't actually say Coop had died, but I was getting mad because I thought they were just dragging it out to try to keep someone who might have been mad from tuning out.  Even after she woke up (funny when she pretended to have amnesia, I bought that), I wasn't sure until the title card finally came up at the end--though I was more confident after Patience got mad at her because it meant there was a storyline.  They were very careful not to mention her or Layla in the press releases for the first three episodes, which means they're smarter than some networks of the past that would just give everything away if you looked more than a week in advance.

I didn't guess where they were going with Layla, that she would move in with the Bakers.  I wonder if she will get together with Jordan after Simone presumably leaves for the spin-off.  She was very brave with Carrie.  I can't stand Carrie, but they made me feel bad for her, and I didn't want Layla to have to see her plummet to her death.  I hope Carrie will never be on the show again though! 

I didn't like how everyone (including, in his own way, ass Billy) was pressuring Spencer to go to Toledo State.  It may be his only offer, but he is still going to be in some All American game which is supposed to be a big deal, isn't he?  He could have gotten offers after that and waited until the next signing period.  It felt like they didn't believe in his dream, not that he didn't.  Obviously he'll end up at some L.A.-area school if the show gets more seasons, and that's probably the producers' decision because this has been one of the CW's higher-rated shows and they renew practically everything anyway!

• Love 1

Billy is being RIDICULOUS. What he said to Spencer was cold.

Oh Coop always the martyr. Patience might for real break it off with her this time.

Gotta say I really like Preach though. He keeps it real. He was totally going to tell that cop the truth and then Coop opened her big mouth. Which I get why Coop did it. Preach saved her life. Preach also has a daughter who no longer has a mother because Preach killed his daughter's mother to save Coop's life. When you think about it like that, Coop really just feels like she is doing the right thing to help Preach out. But, man this show never gives Coop a break.

• Love 1