Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: It's Not For Everyone

Can someone tell me why the heroes never go public in these stories?  They've got a body for evidence, an old man who's fought these things before and over 200 missing corpses.  With all that, people are going to take them seriously.

That reminds me: Eph referred to Arnot killing innocent people. Did they find evidence of that? Maybe I missed something when I was texting my sister back, but I didn't see them discovering any bodies or any other evidence. Did I miss something or might something else have been cut?

I think the fresh blood on the little girls face is what made him say that they'd been killing innocent people- that blood came from somewhere. Or maybe there was a body that I didn't see either.

I don't recall them showing Ann-Marie get infected, but maybe she's turning into Ansel's Renfield.

I took it as she was exhausted with worry and concern about her husband- which is why she looks so crappy... and then finding the dead dog, her husband monster etc. has just been pushing her over the edge.

The neighbor sure picked the wrong time to come complaining. I don't think her feeding him to Ansel was out of character- she's severely traumatized by what she's just seen and this guy was being a total jerk. I can see that she's not in her right mind or thinking logically enough to call for help- or if she would even know who to call.

• Love 1

I'm hoping that Nora's character is being set up to make a big impact, and that even Jim will prove himself useful yet.  Maybe he can marshal some resources from inside the CDC that will help Abe, Eph, and presumably the other slayers-to-be who they'll no doubt encounter in upcoming episodes.

The preview for Sunday's ep didn't give away nearly as much as for this ep. I wonder if we might get one or more significant character meetings.

Can someone tell me why the heroes never go public in these stories? 

No, nobody can, it just is.

I think rule #1 of writing should be that if your plot doesn't work without one or more characters being idiots then keep working on it, you aren't finished.

When watching a show like this I always tend to think "c'mon nobody is that dumb!" but it's not true, people are even dumber. I remember watching the trailer for Hangover 3 when Alan takes a giraffe under an overpass killing it and rolling my eyes thinking "that's just silly, they are going too cartoony with his already cartoony character" but recently it actually happened. It actually happened!

So I know that people in real life are stupid and that allows master plans to work but they get made fun of for it, fired for it, sued for it or even do jail time for it if it's really egregious. For the most part in TV/movies nobody even mentions how r******* they are and they are even hailed as the hero. The writers just expect us to overlook the characters dumb decisions and continue believing them to be geniuses. I wish I was one of the people who could do that, I'd enjoy shows like this more if I did.

Edited by Davey

Of all the crazy nonsense the thing that bothered me the most was not the bare faced autopsy but rather something that involved everyday common sense that is applicable to all from those in this realm to the one in which a virus can mutate your body and change your circulatory system. Who the fuck with a scintilla of common sense would give the rent money to the family crack head and expect that money to go to the landlord? WHO?!?! MOMMA may be blind to her son's crackhead ways but Gus sure as hell ain't and it struck me that he knew that the money had been entrusted to his bro who seemed to be in withdrawal cause he looked at him like "what didn't you give the money to the super like we told you to?" WTH!!!

Nora? Bye Felicia! The crying was annoying but more so it was the moment after the Slayer had just saved their worthless hides. She runs up to him saying why did you do that we have protocols. Seriously did she want to submit a form to someone in DC. Oh and yeah, now y'all got protocols. I've worn my protective clothing to clean my bathroom or fry chicken then they wore to autopsy that body.

Why did the women have to be so stupid! I am not usually too sensitive to all the usual women in peril crap shown on tv, but both the women totally pissed me off. 

Dr Nora. Seriously? Lets try to heal these people, who are no more than a cardboard box to conceal the worm within. I am sure you can reanimate and reattach all the limbs and bits and pieces that have fallen off. Stupid, stupid women, the only way she redeem herself is if she saves the guys, guns blazing like a badass. Or she finds a cure and proves me wrong, and puts back all the bits.

And the wife, poor thing, she was obviously medicated to the hilt and incapable of any decisions on her own. She decides to feed the thing that was her husband. Not a bad choice, the man was vile, taking off his belt to hit the dog, just gross.

• Love 1

Who the fuck with a scintilla of common sense would give the rent money to the family crack head and expect that money to go to the landlord?

If he used the money for drugs, then why was he so shaky so soon?  I dismissed his symptoms as withdrawal but what if he was infected?  This would be an unfortunate but probable way to get Gus to start killing the vamps/zamps.

Eph, Nora and Jim have been such good friends for 10 years, but they don't know Jim's wife has terminal cancer?  Even not-so close work acquaintances would have picked up on that tidbit.

Not feeling much sympathy for Ann-Marie or Ansel since they apparently made a habit of chaining the dog in that dark shed.  But it probably says something about me that it bothered me more that the dog died than Ann-Marie feeding asshole neighbor to her vombie husband as a snacky-snack.

No face protection during the autopsy?  That took me right out of that scene.  The tongue/feeder thing was disgusting in a good way though.   

Edited by MrPissyPuppy

Irritatingly predictable so far. Set up a super-religious, irritating homebody to go crazy and feed the neighbor to her husband. Let's let her stand there with a stupid expression on her face whining about HELPING him, when he's gutted the dog. Let's not do anything logical, like call for help, because obviously super-religious people must be stupid. You must be a nut if you pray a lot, right?

Likewise Nora. Stop the whingeing. The creatures are clearly no longer human; I'm no physician and I can see that. Please make her start acting logically or else turn her into one of the creatures. Gad, I wish they'd call in SOMEONE with some sense to help the old vampire slayer and get this story moving.

I agree about Nora's meltdown.  It seemed to have come out of no where.  How could she possibly say she would rather become one of the nasty things then kill one?  Huh?  Did you not see that 6 foot long assed thing come out of the pilot's mouth?  What do you think that vampire kid was trying to do with her somewhat shorter but still deadly python out of her mouth?  Trying to snatch that horrible ill fitting wig off of Eph's head? HA now that would have been funny!

Love the show even with it's uneven writing bad characters and lame storylines. 

I am somewhat amused by the idea that the pilot lost his genitals sometime between his hospital room and getting caught. Like there's going to be some poor custodian who finds this disembodied junk on the floor somewhere, possibly dancing around like that heart in the morgue.

In my deepest, most heartfelt wishes, during that interval he managed to find a men's room and deposit his atrophied equipment into a toilet with a satisfying single splash, like the most skilfully executed Synchronized Dive.

Big reveal: "I let the box go through.  I was paid to do it."

Question from Captain Obvious and every sentient human on the planet: "Paid by who?"

Why didn't Our Heroes even ask?

• Love 1

If male vampires have detachable penises what happens to the female genitalia?

We develop penis envy...

You would think that they would include a little background music from the band 'King Missile', what with all the removable genitalia talk.

ETA: FYI -- this song actually ranked on the Billboard charts back in 1992.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

You would think that they would include a little background music from the band 'King Missile', what with all the removable genitalia talk.

ETA: FYI -- this song actually ranked on the Billboard charts back in 1992.

Thanks! Reminds me of poor Hedwig.

I only just started watching this show (marthoned it and am up to the current ep) but the first 3 eps were no longer available so I started with this one.  For the most part I have been able to pick up what is going on but there were a few gaps.  Forgive me if I'm wrong if this particular scene wasn't in this ep but this is where I remember it as being.  One-Who was the noseless vampire that had kind of a homoerotic feeding on the poor guy who was chained up?  By who I don't mean his name but how does he fit in with what is happening.  I mean I get there is the "Master" and the Nazi who was human during WWII but is a vampire now but neither of them is this guy right?  Two- Was the chained up guy in his underwear anybody in particular to the plot?  Three-have they explained why most of the vampires act like dumb zombies but Nazi Vamp talks and acts inconspicuous?  And lastly-I know what happened to guy who chained himself up in the garage and his wife but who were they to begin with?  Was he on the plane that was in the pilot that I didn't see but have an idea about, since it was mentioned in the previouslies?  Thanks for any enlightenment.

MDKNIGHT,

Welcome aboard! I think I can help. 

The noseless vampire feeding on the guy was Eichhorst. He's been in scenes with Palmer, a tycoon who is seeking immortality. He is the Nazi in WWII you mentioned. The chained up guy was particular to the plot only to show Eichhorst feeding. 

The guy who chained himself up in the garage was on the plane along with a few other survivors that you will soon see. 

Oh I see so sometimes Nazi vampire doesn't have a nose and sometimes he looks normal?  Is it like if he hasn't fed in a while he looks weird and vamped out and when he's eaten he can pass for human?

I take it Goth musician was on the plane and kind of looked pale to begin with so not everybody around him caught on right away that he'd changed but he asked for a urologist because he lost his junk right?  But then he just fed on the person nice enough to make a housecall.  I think it is kind of funny that the show is kind of telling us that if you are rich and famous you can even kill doctors and have somebody clean it up for you but then because he's zombievamped he ate his cleaner too.  I bet it STILL takes forever for him to get shot by the police.

Oh I see so sometimes Nazi vampire doesn't have a nose and sometimes he looks normal? Is it like if he hasn't fed in a while he looks weird and vamped out and when he's eaten he can pass for human?

I take it Goth musician was on the plane and kind of looked pale to begin with so not everybody around him caught on right away that he'd changed but he asked for a urologist because he lost his junk right? But then he just fed on the person nice enough to make a housecall. I think it is kind of funny that the show is kind of telling us that if you are rich and famous you can even kill doctors and have somebody clean it up for you but then because he's zombievamped he ate his cleaner too. I bet it STILL takes forever for him to get shot by the police.

Well, I'm glad you just missed the first few episodes. I can remember them. I'm nursing a concussion and recent memory is still terrible. 

The Nazi vampire dons make-up nowadays. He has lost most extremities, just like the Goth musician, Gabriel Bolivar. I can't remember if he has been in any recent episodes. Hope this helps.