Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Fish Or Cut Bait

• Start Topic

On 10/25/2021 at 11:00 PM, Back Atcha said:

And/Or, maybe he's a manly man who needs to make lotsa babies!   He might be successful creating babies with local girls...but families might not be supportive of his antics.

We haven’t heard anything about Bini having any other children, which makes me think that the local women might be more insistent about him wrapping it up. If so, good for them! They’re in an urban area but I think HIV is still a serious issue there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/26/2021 at 12:44 PM, Dobian said:

The whole Kenny homesick dilemma could easily be resolved without him making any choice, simply returning to Florida for a couple of months every year and staying with one of his daughters.  Nice break for Armando, Kenny gets a nice extended annual visit with his family.

I suspect that was their original plan.  Perhaps stay in Mexico for the school year, then spend the rest of the year in Florida.  I think Covid restrictions messed with that plan.    I know I sound like a broken record but in a recent episode it was obvious that Kenny still had a Florida license on his car, but maybe that is permissible as long as he isn't a permanent resident or becomes a Mexican citizen which I think is very, very unlikely.  In trying to research the car registration, I came across something that said Mexican citizens are not permitted to drive cars with foreign plates.  I find that rather strange, but it could explain why we never see Armando driving.

about the sunset wedding....

would this not have been discussed at the first meeting with the wedding planners?  I am not understanding why it is a problem.  Did they originally pick the time for a sunset wedding and then find it won't be sunset because of the switch to daylight savings.  Inquiring mind want to know.  The only two weddings I have had a part in planning were mine and my daughters.  In both cases, the first thing we decided on was the date, time and venue.

• Love 4
On 10/25/2021 at 4:49 PM, Frozendiva said:

Jenny and Sumit: Yay Mama Sumit! Smiling and pretending to be nice to Jenny while hurling every insult she can. She does not want you to marry her son and is now on an accelerated plan to get rid of you. I probably wouldn't be as nice to let the parents move in. Sumit cowarded out when he told Jenny that he wants to live with his parents. He is 32 years old now? Grow up and move away to your own home. It's good for Sumit at his parents' home. Jenny will never cook and clean to please her prospective inlaws. A couple of times cooking is not going to make Jenny a chef. Mama Sumit most likely started to learn to cook when she was a young girl. Jenny may have not been taught to cook by her mom or other relative. Jenny's mom may have died when she was young. You, at having probably 45-50 years experience in making your kids' and husband's favourite food, cannot expect someone to get the hang of it in an hour or two. Don't know how much of this is storyline or otherwise fake. I would have cut my losses a long time ago when, after repeatedly asking my boyfriend about his marriage plans, finding out I was catfished, finding out he had a wife and lied and lied and lied some more. Granted, she doesn't have much waiting for her back in the US. Too bad she couldn't find an older Indian widower type who was more suitable. Sumit certainly did not stand up for her when the parents told her she was old enough to be his grandmother.  Mother Sumit must also like to be part of the gossip food chain and values what people think of her and how her son is embarrassing the family by having a relationship with a much older woman.

@Frozendiva - I like your plan for Jenny, i.e. she stay in India and meet an older widower. I wonder if this could actually happen, or is the whole of the country laughing and pointing fingers at Jenny with the dirty kitchen. 

You're right about Jenny not having a lot to return to in the US, she's in a scary situation. I wonder if Jenny would be accepted as a single white woman living alone in India, or would she be in danger? Poor Jenny. They're the only couple I follow via clips and YouTube reviewers. I love reading this site. 

Edited by Rt66vintage
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JustbeingReal said:

But Jenny does have a lot in the U.S. her daughters seem to love her a lot and care about her IMO.

I am sure she misses her grandchildren, too.  I think she has said she missed her family as well as her car.

11 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

@Frozendiva - I like your plan for Jenny, i.e. she stay in India and meet an older widower. I wonder if this could actually happen, or is the whole of the country laughing and pointing fingers at Jenny with the dirty kitchen. 

She apparently has not learned any Hindi so it seems she is only in love with Sumit;  I doubt she would prefer India to the US if Sumit were to suddenly disappear from her life.  She is not in love with India.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 10/25/2021 at 5:49 PM, Frozendiva said:

Jenny and Sumit: Yay Mama Sumit! Smiling and pretending to be nice to Jenny while hurling every insult she can. She does not want you to marry her son and is now on an accelerated plan to get rid of you. I probably wouldn't be as nice to let the parents move in. Sumit cowarded out when he told Jenny that he wants to live with his parents. He is 32 years old now? Grow up and move away to your own home. It's good for Sumit at his parents' home. Jenny will never cook and clean to please her prospective inlaws. A couple of times cooking is not going to make Jenny a chef. Mama Sumit most likely started to learn to cook when she was a young girl. Jenny may have not been taught to cook by her mom or other relative. Jenny's mom may have died when she was young. You, at having probably 45-50 years experience in making your kids' and husband's favourite food, cannot expect someone to get the hang of it in an hour or two. Don't know how much of this is storyline or otherwise fake. I would have cut my losses a long time ago when, after repeatedly asking my boyfriend about his marriage plans, finding out I was catfished, finding out he had a wife and lied and lied and lied some more. Granted, she doesn't have much waiting for her back in the US. Too bad she couldn't find an older Indian widower type who was more suitable. Sumit certainly did not stand up for her when the parents told her she was old enough to be his grandmother.  Mother Sumit must also like to be part of the gossip food chain and values what people think of her and how her son is embarrassing the family by having a relationship with a much older woman.

I totally agree with this. Heck, I am sure all of the posters in the forum and people who watch the show agree with this. Problem is that Jenny is of the mind she gets along better with younger folks.

The chicken is delusional. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Yay Mama Sumit! Smiling and pretending to be nice to Jenny while hurling every insult she can. She does not want you to marry her son and is now on an accelerated plan to get rid of you.

I would have been more mean and direct than Mama Summit to be blunt, had my son and his Gray Vag of Love pulled that stunt on me.  Not gonna lie.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Twopper said:

I

would this not have been discussed at the first meeting with the wedding planners?  I am not understanding why it is a problem.  Did they originally pick the time for a sunset wedding and then find it won't be sunset because of the switch to daylight savings.  Inquiring mind want to know.  The only two weddings I have had a part in planning were mine and my daughters.  In both cases, the first thing we decided on was the date, time and venue.

I'm thinking that the problem with the sunset wedding might be the venue that they've chosen.  They were outdoors while discussing it.  If the wedding is taking place outdoors in a public venue, there may not be electricity or at least, not enough electricity, to appropriately light the ceremony and allow guests to traverse the grounds safely after dark.  They are in Mexico, where the infrastructure is not always as extensive as it would be in the US.  Having a wedding start at sunset means it ends after sundown which might present issues if there is no way to safely light the area.  If the place they've chosen is a public park, it could be that it closes at dusk and they aren't permitted to be there after dark.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

You're right about Jenny not having a lot to return to in the US, she's in a scary situation. I wonder if Jenny would be accepted as a single white woman living alone in India, or would she be in danger? Poor Jenny. They're the only couple I follow via clips and YouTube reviewers. I love reading this site. 

Jenny won't even let Sumit hold a job because she doesn't speak Hindi and is afraid to be left alone in the apartment.  There is no way she could survive in India without Sumit or someone else who speaks both Hindi and English to navigate the world for her.

Jenny has been involved with Sumit for almost a decade.  She has had more than enough time to learn enough Hindi to be able to manage everyday life.  It is pretty clear she doesn't want to learn Hindi which would make it tough for her to remain in India by herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I would have been more mean and direct than Mama Summit to be blunt, had my son and his Gray Vag of Love pulled that stunt on me. 

I think Mama has been VERY blunt all along but that only served to get Stupid Jenny to dig in her heels, so now she has switched to passive aggressive smiling while she keeps saying awful things. It reminds me of the hilarious scene in "National Lampoon's European Vacation" when Clark is being insulted by a smiling French waiter but Clark thinks he is being friendly and complimentary. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Jenny won't even let Sumit hold a job because she doesn't speak Hindi and is afraid to be left alone in the apartment.  There is no way she could survive in India without Sumit or someone else who speaks both Hindi and English to navigate the world for her.

Jenny has been involved with Sumit for almost a decade.  She has had more than enough time to learn enough Hindi to be able to manage everyday life.  It is pretty clear she doesn't want to learn Hindi which would make it tough for her to remain in India by herself.

Jenny should realize after all this time Sumit is NOT going to marry her. He’s there right now for the money and what it can buy him in a poor, nothing country.

Once the show is over he will take the few bucks he should be able to save and marry a young girl, live with his parents and have babies!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5