Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Change Is a Tough Pill to Swallow

DanaK
  • Start Topic

10/20/2021 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Dylan and Charles treat patients suffering from Glass Child Syndrome and misdiagnosed ADHD. Crockett has to navigate hospital politics when he cares for the daughter of a transplant surgeon. Will and Stevie must lay egos aside to help save an elderly patient. 

Edited by DanaK

I like Dylan Scott more and more with each episode. One of the things I see about his character so far is that he's good at bonding with kids. He knew exactly what that kid needed to hear and then the appreciation for his father at the end hit me because good Black fathers need to be appreciated more. 

So I guess Crockett has a new girlfriend? I thought something was supposed to happen with him and Maggie's daughter. 

• Love 2

I felt for that family with the two kids. I laughed when one of the doctors said it was possibly the second mid-diagnosis of the week because they were meta-acknowledging they had just done another story on that

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sheetmoss said:

Donna, does Harvey know you're a Dr in Chicago now  with an adult daughter? 😉

Good ghods, that was Donna! I knew I recognized her when I saw her, but the penny didn't drop. The Med cameras weren't as kind to her as the Suits cameras, sadly. 

21 hours ago, mommalib said:

So I guess Crockett has a new girlfriend? I thought something was supposed to happen with him and Maggie's daughter. 

No way Crockett would go there with Vanessa -- he actually has principles. I did like how he brushed off her advance last week without embarrassing her.

Looks like Vanessa is headed for a crash. I was hoping Crockett and/or Maggie would do more to get her to slow down (have her talk to Dr. Charles or tip off Goodwin maybe).

I just realized that nurse Doris is gone. They really cleaned house with the cast. Thank goodness Paramedic Courtney is still there, otherwise I wouldn't recognize the show.

Dr. Scott's dad was a hottie.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mrsbagnet said:

No way Crockett would go there with Vanessa -- he actually has principles. I did like how he brushed off her advance last week without embarrassing her.

Looks like Vanessa is headed for a crash. I was hoping Crockett and/or Maggie would do more to get her to slow down (have her talk to Dr. Charles or tip off Goodwin maybe).

I hope they don't turn her into April 2.0

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Chicago Med has improved hugely this season. I keep waiting to hate it again and it hasn’t happened so fingers crossed. The new doctors are both likable-so far so good. Natalie who? April who? I always liked Choi so maybe when he returns he’ll be less annoying with April gone. I liked the “glass child” storyline as it seems like something that needs to be addressed. I don’t mind Vanessa apart from the relationship with Maggie so we’ll see how this one goes. Still don’t like the Halstead character and couldn’t care less about the boring Vas-Com thing but he’s a wee bit more tolerable with Natalie gone, I guess. Still annoying though. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, limecoke said:

Still don’t like the Halstead character and couldn’t care less about the boring Vas-Com thing but he’s a wee bit more tolerable with Natalie gone, I guess. Still annoying though. 

Yeah, Halstead can just go away, and preferably take Choi with him. 

As for the Vas-Com, maybe I'm just an idiot but what's the big deal here? In the context of the show the thing appears to be a piece of medical hardware with high-tech features that wouldn't be out of place in a modern hospital. If it had a known flaw that was being covered up then it would be a good plot point, but by all accounts it's just something that's supposedly being pushed heavily by the company behind it.

And what health care company in the US of A doesn't go out of their way to promote their whiz-bang machine or medicine with high-value incentives ? We can argue the ethics of that all day long, but if something is approved by the FDA for actual use on actual patients (and here one would assume that the fictional Vas-Com would have that approval) then I'm just not seeing the Great Big Scandal here.

• Love 3