Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Week 1

DEL901
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I like Michelle's assertive, no-BS way of dealing with the men, so much better than shrill Katie. Michelle's wardrobe is a million times better too. The jumpsuit and booties look she wore when she arrived at the hotel is really hard to pull off, but she looked great in it.

Yep, Michelle is great. I know they had to wait for her to be free, but I would have rather just had her season and not seen Katie's at all. The budget was obviously lower for that one, she picked a guy that has been in love with two previous Bachelorettes, and she seems to have issues with men in general, both due to her past (which I do NOT mean to make light of in any way) and even more due to that awful aunt who hates men giving her "advice." I hope she's happy and I hope everyone finds love, but Katie's season was a mess for me. No good fashion, no travel, and she wasn't particularly nice to a lot of the guys and a lot of them self-eliminated. Made for a very awkward season.

It's only been one episode, but Michelle is presenting herself exactly as she did on Matt's season and reminded me why I loved her there. She's classy, elegant, smart, funny, and easygoing. She's totally willing to have fun and laugh at herself but can also be firm and no-nonsense (in a polite way) when needed. I think she's going to be awesome, and I agree the wardrobe is already great! 

• Love 17
On 10/19/2021 at 5:29 PM, SassyCat said:

I did not like the invasion of privacy by the two co-hosts going through the mens rooms and private property for “evaluation”. Not a bit.

It was all some set-up by Production ... but I agree with you 100%.

• Love 2

Im still curious if “matt james” is persona non grata to this franchise. Ive watched every season and they have always shown the previous person the bachelor or bachlorette has been with - perhaps because he went back to the girl who was the undoing of chris harrison? Now that i know ryan was a bachelor in that traveling show, honestly that is a huge red flag. Agree with invasion of privacy. The part that amazed me is one bachelor had a way better skin routine than me🤣

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2

When I plan a trip, I research the heck out of the country I'm going to. I'll read pages and pages of posts in travel forums. I take notes, notes, and more notes.

I think Ryan is a planner - like me. The problem is that his research didn't tell him that strategists don't go far in the franchise, or how all his note-taking would be perceived. He doesn't read a room well, evidenced by his comment that Michelle wouldn't find anything 'wrong'. He is really immature or (and I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this...) on the spectrum.

I believe each contestant has their own producer, or share a single producer with one other contestant. I think that Ryan shared his notebooks with his producer who shared that knowledge with the rest of production. They in turn, concocted a way to bring the notebooks to light and create drama. So they had Caitlyn and Taysia do the room raids.  They only showed 3 or 4 of these raids and I am willing to bet that's probably all they did. C & T found the notebooks and had the expected reaction, then production urged them to tell Michelle about them. They got the resulting drama they were hoping for.

I do believe Ryan when he said his sister-in-law (I think) helped him. Because somewhere it said he comes off as arrogant and to keep that hidden. I doubt he would write that himself.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I had something else I had to watch last night, so  today, I  got all set to watch it on the website while eating my lunch.  The first words I heard were from a commercial saying, "This is your vagina." I almost gagged on my sandwich.  For one thing I happen to know there are no blonde models in my vagina. Did they show that on network TV?

Well, if the commercial included blondes, I guess it wasn't Tia's dancing vagina.

• LOL 8

I already really like Michelle as Bachelorette. She's very mature but also down for some silly fun. I also think she handled the Ryan problem with a lot of class, very calmly asking for an explanation and letting him explain himself, before politely asking him to go. 

So either the producers and Ryan were in on the ridiculous Bachelorette Binder from the start and that's why they came up with the cringy "lets go through the guys stuff like the giggly TSA" stunt, or the producers found out about the Bachelorette Binder and then they came up with the bit where they search through the guys stuff. There is no way that was just a coincidence. Come on Ryan, you have to memorize that stuff before you get there, don't just leave the evidence! Obviously tons of people come in with strategies for how to look good onscreen, but the way he was basically scripting his own episodes and pretending to find her job interesting was really creepy. No wonder Michelle kicked him out and made him sit on his goofy suitcase by the road. 

I am also not sure about Minneapolis Joe. I always think its a bit weird when people already know Bachelor/ettes show up, it seems like he is taking a chance for some TV time, not just that he stopped talking to Michelle for awhile because he was going through some stuff but is now ready. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
On 10/19/2021 at 7:36 PM, Stats Queen said:

I agree. I felt that at times on Katie’s season they crossed the line between being a sounding board and influencing Katie’s decisions. I hope that they don’t do it this season.

I don't think Michelle will be as easily influenced as Katied.

Nayte reminds me of Karl from last season that the men didn't like.

• Love 1

Hello, my friends! Is there any champagne left even though I missed the “cheers”? Is my rose wilted? I’m a little late to the cocktail party, but I’m finally here to do the damn thing. 

Michelle didn’t segue into some contestant fractions going from the math lesson to the goss sesh? If I have 30 men but 6 are Here for the Wrong Reasons, what fraction are getting lambasted at TMTA? That’s 6/30 = 1/5 = 20%. At least make your questionable love life a teachable moment.

Hmm. Michelle comes from a stable family and doesn’t have any childhood trauma?! I thought that was a Bachelor/ette requirement to “be vulnerable” and, hence, fall in love? 

So EVERY guy plays basketball—and they all think this is the key to winning Michelle’s heart. They all have teachers for moms! These are the most boring “meet the contestants in their home environment” segments In Bachelorette History. Ooh, until we got to the guy who’s apparently writing a thesis on Bachelorette STrategy (capitalized T per his notes). Okay! Now we’re getting somewhere! 

There seem to be a lot of NORMAL people here. I’m suspicious. Ok, here come some short pants and a bus! I knew they were coming. The slap game? Show your (boob gesture) heart. Tuxedo speedo?!?  And quick pan to the legs of the guy in shorts to show how lame he is in comparison…or something?? A head on a silver platter?!? Pfft. You 2 have LEGS?!? I don’t even have a torso; take that! I snorted when Michelle just put the dome back over his head while he was talking!! He’s doing his “talking head” as a talking head!!  “Sweet talking” Ryan DID “do his homework”—literally. A loud pizzapreneur—this year’s pantsopreneur (wow, my spell check still has that word saved multiple phones later! How, Apple?!) A baby fire truck toy and a real fire truck! This bed guy is too smarmy. We got a Harlem Globetrotter—maybe. Breakaway sleeves! Joe slipped into her DMs and then ghosted her?! Play the long con and dump him as F2!*

Michelle has never had a cannoli? Damn, I wish I had a cannoli. This guy with no sleeves has the deepest voice; he is the manliest man in franchise history; he is absorbing all of the testosterone from the other 29 men in the room like a hormonal black hole.

*Okay, Joe gets the impacted by George Floyd exception. He’s gotten therapy since then, too, so you have to keep him…but…sounds like maybe not? He’ll be the last one to get the rose unless someone pulls out a Wrong Reasons accusation.

Okay, this show researcher is already getting points taken off by claiming he has ICE CREAM when he really only has ITALIAN ICE!! Talk about a bait and switch! This is worse than the apple guy who doesn’t know any varieties of apples, and is awed by Michelle’s own body of knowledge when it comes to apples. I bet Ryan brought his research to his audition—you’re in! Friend’s wife? Well, to be fair, if I knew someone going on this show, I, too, would have a field day providing them with research. What do you want to know? My Apple ID profile still knows how to spell pantsopreneur. Michelle reads, “Here are some phrases that are repeated.” And cut to Ryan saying, “I’m here for the right reasons!” Dead!! To be fair, he’s saving the producers a lot of prompting work! Oh, no, the fatal flaw is that his friends wrote down all of HIS bad qualities and told him you better lie about being a egotistical asshole—keep that under wraps. Nayte just said 35 bachelor-speak phrases in a row! 👀 Hmm.

”Better Nayte than never!” This guy had good branding right out of the limo and secured the rose. This is like “Co-stan-za” (“by Menon” tune).

By the way Michelle walked up the stairs for absolutely no reason, I thought for sure she was going to end up calling Joe as a fake-out and lead him to the door. The super testosterone guy is out!

Eh, I really don’t have ANY strong first impressions—positive or negative. This is a first for me!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I'm finally watching this now. Underpants guy, hasn't he already been on one of these? He looks familiar. 

Rick (guy whose head is on the table) is icky. That was just creepy. Too John the Baptist.

Ryan should button his shirt.

But Granny Smith apples are green.

• Love 3

Yes, I can see Bill Clinton in Clayton. I wonder if he plays saxophone.

I can believe Michelle's never had a cannolli. We don't have them around here. They look good.

There are still a lot of murders and shootings in Minneapolis. St. Paul, too. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Well, this a switch. Instead of pouting and bawling and canceling the cocktail party, she puts it behind her and continues the party.

I, on the other hand, give "credit" to production.  Solely.  I know--I'm jaded.

• Love 2
On 10/21/2021 at 9:06 AM, deSchenke said:

When I plan a trip, I research the heck out of the country I'm going to. I'll read pages and pages of posts in travel forums. I take notes, notes, and more notes.

I think Ryan is a planner - like me. The problem is that his research didn't tell him that strategists don't go far in the franchise, or how all his note-taking would be perceived. He doesn't read a room well, evidenced by his comment that Michelle wouldn't find anything 'wrong'. He is really immature or (and I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this...) on the spectrum.

I believe each contestant has their own producer, or share a single producer with one other contestant. I think that Ryan shared his notebooks with his producer who shared that knowledge with the rest of production. They in turn, concocted a way to bring the notebooks to light and create drama. So they had Caitlyn and Taysia do the room raids.  They only showed 3 or 4 of these raids and I am willing to bet that's probably all they did. C & T found the notebooks and had the expected reaction, then production urged them to tell Michelle about them. They got the resulting drama they were hoping for.

I do believe Ryan when he said his sister-in-law (I think) helped him. Because somewhere it said he comes off as arrogant and to keep that hidden. I doubt he would write that himself.

I feel like the sister in law wrote it for him. She watches the show, and she thought it would be funny for Ryan to randomly try out. (Or maybe he and his brother came up with the idea. I don’t know). Ryan said he’s only seen two hours (or maybe it was two episodes) of the show, so she prepared notes for him to study. And maybe he thought he’d study when he got there?  And then he got caught with these notes. All producer-driven. 

My opinion only 😎.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2
On 10/19/2021 at 9:21 PM, Stats Queen said:

Ryan the “Environmental Consultant” sure as heck didn’t read this environment correctly.

Ryan, worst actor ever.

He was walked out without his notes or his luggage 😂

And that's what was so funny.  They had literally just been in his hotel room, and then she 'walks him out', which actually leaves the building where his room is, to send him on a reject car ride, to...right back where he started?

On 10/20/2021 at 11:39 AM, Alexander Pope said:

Rick has crazy eyes.  They looked crazier over the course of the night.  He appeared to be wearing eye makeup.  

He reminds me of Connor from BiP...something about his eyes, and how his gaze is a little too intense, but he seems so mild, yet creepy.

1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

Ryan said he’s only seen two hours (or maybe it was two episodes) of the show, so she prepared notes for him to study. 

IIRC, he said he had only seen two hours.  But then later, he referenced something about "the episodes" he had seen.  It seemed to contradict the impression he was trying to create, of having seen very little.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I feel like the sister in law wrote it for him. She watches the show, and she thought it would be funny for Ryan to randomly try out. (Or maybe he and his brother came up with the idea. I don’t know). Ryan said he’s only seen two hours (or maybe it was two episodes) of the show, so she prepared notes for him to study. And maybe he thought he’d study when he got there?  And then he got caught with these notes. All producer-driven. 

My opinion only 😎.

Him with the “two hours or episodes “ was being disingenuous.    There are photos online…he participated in Bachelor Live with Ben Higgins which shut dow due to Covid.  That was more than 18 months ago.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Most of these guys are too high maintenance in appearance for me; I'm not into the earrings, very heavily angled and tapered facial hair and above the ankle suit pants.  Garret the tech CEO with the cane was super hot/dapper- its too bad that he was eliminated. Maybe his broken foot was a liability for the inevitable group date where scantily clad guys beat the shit out of each other! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Most of these guys are too high maintenance in appearance for me; I'm not into the earrings, very heavily angled and tapered facial hair and above the ankle suit pants.  Garret the tech CEO with the cane was super hot/dapper- its too bad that he was eliminated. Maybe his broken foot was a liability for the inevitable group date where scantily clad guys beat the shit out of each other! 

I agree.  There was something about many of these guys that creeped me out.  I think someone mentioned that head-on-a-plate Rick reminded them of Conner--yes, the return of the vocal fry!  On the other hand, Nayte and Michelle make a stunning couple!

If I continue watching this season, (if Blake doesn't return yet again), I'll definitely be fast forwarding through the group dates.  I just can't sit through the boring foolery anymore.

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

I agree.  There was something about many of these guys that creeped me out.  I think someone mentioned that head-on-a-plate Rick reminded them of Conner--yes, the return of the vocal fry!  On the other hand, Nayte and Michelle make a stunning couple!

If I continue watching this season, (if Blake doesn't return yet again), I'll definitely be fast forwarding through the group dates.  I just can't sit through the boring foolery anymore.

I felt creeped out too- smooth talkers left and right and overly animated/intense reactions to Michelle reminded me of Tom Cruise jumping on the couch.  The entrances were heavily scripted, but I did like Daniel's cute entrance with the toy firetruck ride and the light up kids' helmet.  I think that the already eliminated sexy tech CEO Garret should have owned his broken foot and walking cane and entered to The Bee Gee's- Stayin' Alive, "Well you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk!" 😄 I can't stand Rick's vocal fry, I blame The Kardashians for making that slutty-frog voice popular!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Just watched the first episode and I was so excited for Michelle but the issue with them going through his notes is just too much for me. The cohosts were already too involved and mean girlie and this just put me off completely. I am going to skip it. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I felt creeped out too- smooth talkers left and right and overly animated/intense reactions to Michelle reminded me of Tom Cruise jumping on the couch.  The entrances were heavily scripted, but I did like Daniel's cute entrance with the toy firetruck ride and the light up kids' helmet.  I think that the already eliminated sexy tech CEO Garret should have owned his broken foot and walking cane and entered to The Bee Gee's- Stayin' Alive, "Well you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man, no time to talk!" 😄 I can't stand Rick's vocal fry, I blame The Kardashians for making that slutty-frog voice popular!

The Kardashians?  Is that where that started?  I wouldn't have a clue because I can't watch any of them, in any form, ever!

And Tom Cruise jumping on the couch--brilliant!!!  😂

Edited by Recyclorette
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Oh no!!!  Blake and Katie just mutually announced their breakup!  Blake must already be in love with Michelle!  

It’s too bad it’s already been filmed because it would be pretty funny if he showed up at a cocktail party just for the heck of it! 

One thing I like about Michelle is she has a good head on her shoulders, and I think she will make good decision overall. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I can't stand Rick's vocal fry, I blame The Kardashians for making that slutty-frog voice popular!

I hate to defend the Kardashians, but men's vocal fry has been a thing since at least the early 90s. Kurt Cobain was one of the worst offenders.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Y'ALL. I just finished this episode and I fucking went to high school in Ohio with Rick "head on a platter" Leach. I didn't connect the dots until the end of the episode but had my mom snap pics of my yearbooks and send to me to confirm. We were friends freshman year. This is wild. 😂

20211026_125604.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, jade.black said:

Y'ALL. I just finished this episode and I fucking went to high school in Ohio with Rick "head on a platter" Leach. I didn't connect the dots until the end of the episode but had my mom snap pics of my yearbooks and send to me to confirm. We were friends freshman year. This is wild. 😂

20211026_125604.jpg

That's so cool!  Thank you for posting the yearbook photo- he looks so adorable in high school and grew into a great looking guy.  It looks like he always has had a nice set of eyebrows! Was he an easy going class clown in high school?

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

That's so cool!  Thank you for posting the yearbook photo- he looks so adorable in high school and grew into a great looking guy.  It looks like he always has had a nice set of eyebrows! Was he an easy going class clown in high school?

He didn't graduate with our class, I think he switched schools after a couple of years. I don't remember having any actual classes with him (this was 17ish years ago so I could be wrong) but we talked a lot in the hallways. He must have stayed under the radar a bit because I texted one of my best friends from our school about this and she had no recollection of him! I'm about to go through my 2003-2004 photo albums when I get home from work because I'm sure I snapped a few photos on disposable cameras back then. He did grow up to be cute! He always had pretty eyes. Don't think this will stop me from making fun of him though this season, haha.

Edited by jade.black
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, jade.black said:

He didn't graduate with our class, I think he switched schools after a couple of years. I don't remember having any actual classes with him (this was 17ish years ago so I could be wrong) but we talked a lot in the hallways. He must have stayed under the radar a bit because I texted one of my best friends from our school about this and she had no recollection of him! I'm about to go through my 2003-2004 photo albums when I get home from work because I'm sure I snapped a few photos on disposable cameras back then. He did grow up to be cute! He always had pretty eyes. Don't think this will stop me from making fun of him though this season, haha.

Thanks so much for the info!  I bet your classmates and friends are equally surprised to see him on The Bachelorette and that's interesting that he stayed under the radar.  You definitely have every right to make fun of him this season haha 😄.  Yep, he really does have pretty eyes and great brows/lashes.  I bet you will have a blast looking through the 2003-2004 photo albums!

• Love 1
On 10/20/2021 at 4:27 PM, nlkm9 said:

so did anyone else notice there was ZERO mention of her on the last bachelor, ususally they show the whole love story and heart break?? either he is on the outs or noone wanted to see the open eyed kissing lol.

I looked at Kaitlyn carefully and her face has gotten even more distorted--one of her eyes pop out and her cheeks look overly hard. I really wish she would go to a cosmetic surgeon and see if she can undo this stuff. I actually feel sorry for her....

I was startled looking at her. In one of the scenes, her speech was kind of stilted. Is she having trouble speaking due to something done to her mouth? It looks like she had a rhinoplasty and something else done to her face. Whatever the case, I didn’t notice her eyes as much now as when she was Bachelorette. I thought she had pretty eyes. Why did she mess with her face?

DId Tayshia get filler or has her face always been full?

Ryan was a tool.

Michelle seems down-to-earth and kind. She looks beautiful in that gown. 

I must have missed something. Why aren’t they in the regular Bachelor house?

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 2