NeNe Leakes

Anthony Anderson

Vivica Fox

La La Anthony

Lucy Lu

Eric Roberts

Leelee Sobieski

Jordan Sparks

Cameron Diaz - thanks for the reminder; there's something unpleasant about her & I can't figure out what it is (looks in general? smile?)

Her face kind of looks like it's been smashed. Looks aside, I don't think I've ever been convinced by any of her performances that she can actually act worth a damn.

• Love 2

Some that come to mind (to varying degrees of dislike):

Gwyneth Paltrow

Kristen Stewart

Nicholas Cage

Matthew McConaughey

Kate Hudson

Emily Deschanel

Zooey Deschanel

George Lopez

Adam Sandler

Matthew Perry

Julie Benz

Nikki Blonsky

Miley Cyrus

Patricia Arquette

Emelie de Ravin

Calista Flockhart

Sarah Chalke

Ellen Pompeo

Vanessa Hudgens

Julianne Hough

Mila Kunis

Patricia Heaton

Leah Remini

Lisa Rinna

Meg Ryan

Tim Allen

• Love 2

I adore VB! And so what if Diane Keaton wears turtlenecks! That doesn't take away from her as an actress.

I can't stand Cameron Diaz. She's ugly, has a little kid voice, and can't act her way out of a paper bag.

Re:  Diane Keaton & her turtlenecks--it was just an observation of something peculiar.  The real dislike expressed here has to do with her mannerisms that she brings to every one of her characters, which, IMO, take away from her acting and are annoying.  The wobbling head, the wavering voice, fluttering hands, etc.

Well, since I'm back I might as well take a few more swings. So glad someone mentioned Streisand.  I've never understood the adoration of her voice (singing...sounds like a fire siren at times; acting...I'm from NY as well but that OTT nasal voice & accent affect me like fingernails on a blackboard).  Need help here: what is the name of the actress who won a Best Supporting Oscar for Michael Clayton?  I can see her odd, pale face. I was stunned when she won an Oscar for her work in that movie (about the only time she emoted a bit was at the end of the movie when her character's body shook--ok, that must mean she's upset).  Tilman?

• Love 1

Jim Carrey and Nicholas Cage are automatic "don't see this movie!" actors for me.

Michael Bay casting Shia LeBeouf and Megan Fox together in the first couple of Transformers movies was a triple win for me, as I avoid all three.

I really dislike Gwyneth Paltrow and the cloud of clueless entitlement she floats in, but I must admit she's a talented actress and can usually overlook my antipathy to enjoy her performances.

I feel a bit guilty about it because he's apparently a great guy, but I have a visceral negative response to Timothy Spall and have to grit my teeth to get through any scenes he's in. I've even had it to an animated character he voiced in Enchanted before I realized it was him!

Her face kind of looks like it's been smashed. Looks aside, I don't think I've ever been convinced by any of her performances that she can actually act worth a damn.

Cameron Diaz has always reminded me of a weird Muppet.   I generally don't care for her although I do like her in The Holiday and I liked her in The Other Woman.

I don't like Lindsay Lohan although I suspect it's more about her personal life than her (nearly nonexistent) professional one.

I cannot stand Tom Cruise but again, probably more personal life and Scientology connection than his professional life. 

For whatever reason, I don't care for Marg Helgenberger.  Maybe it's how she's jacked up her face or maybe the ridiculous notion that a 50 year old CSI would run around a crime scene in stilletos and skin tight jeans. 

I like Sarah Jessica Parker but do not like that stupid, high pitched scream she did as Carrie Bradshaw ad nauseum.  Ugh.

●Missie Pyle

●Catherine McPhee

●Jennifer Hudson

●Melissa McCarthy is about to be on this list if she does the gotdamn Robot while making beaver teeth one more damn time

●Chevy Chase

●Dexter's sister

●Actually, most comedians who try to do feature films, come to think of it

●Josh Hartnett (hotness notwithstanding)

●Penelope Ann Miller

●Michelle Rodriguez

●Bernadette Peters

I have quite a few - 

Jamie Foxx

Tyrese Gibson

Halle Berry

Jennifer Aniston

Terrence Howard

Reese Witherspoon

Gwyneth Paltrow

Hugh Grant

Jonah Hill

Anna Faris

Claire Danes

Sean Penn

Columbus Short

Shemar Moore

• Love 1

I've got one more actor to add to my I Cannot Look At This Person's Face list:  Leonard DiCaprio.  Have no idea what it is about his face (or Cameron Diaz's face or Jesse Eisenberg's stupid scowling face) but I won't go to any movies that these actors are in (mistakenly went to see that awful Woody Allen movie, To Rome With Love, and Eisenberg's mug added to the misery of that experience).  Eisenberg must have some type of Hollywood Big Connection to get roles in movies.

Edited by annzeepark914

Ah, Jesse Eisenberg.  For the longest time, I mixed him up with Michael Cera.  They're both annoying, but Eisenberg surpassed him a few years back.  I've always assumed he was like Jonah Hill, with the Hollywood connections and none of the talent.  But I've never cared enough about him to look into it.  

• Love 3

Kristen Wiig, a thousand times. I think she's incredibly unfunny and grating as an actress. I have friends who are huge Wiig fans and who freaked out when she "returned" to SNL for a guest spot. She'd only just left!

Jessica Biel

Channing Tatum

Benedict Cumberbatch

Sophia Vergara

Melissa McCarthy

Kristen Bell

Emma Stone (probably an unpopular opinion to hold, as is disliking K. Bell above).

Edited by ScullyInApt42

I do not get the "beauty" of Sophia Vergara. This sounds bitchy, but whatever- I think her face looks like a plastic reconstruction of a burn victim.

Dammit I just woke my husband up with my laugh.

Glenn Close, Glenn Close, and GLENN CLOSE!

Ryan O'Neal

Michael Douglas

Miley Cyrus

Lindsey Lohan

Charlie Sheen

Gerard Butler

Sylvester Stallone

TOM CRUISE

JANE FONDA

Melanie Griffith

Cameron Diaz

Sharon Stone

Edited by Lura

^^^ Melanie Griffith's voice alone turns me off. Don't get me started on what happened to her face.

I believe it was Tilda Swinton.

There is something downright reptilian about that woman. Which is sort of fascinating I suppose but also repulsive. I find her difficult to watch in anything, and I really want to see that Tom Hiddleston vampire film, damn it.

Kirsten Dunst can not be tolerated in anything other than Interview with a Vampire.

The appeal of Channing Tatum is completely lost on me. He's downright repellent. I can't understand why he's a box office draw at all. I would try to acclimate to his derpface if he could act, but he's so lousy. Get him away from the X-Men films, please!

Edited by Jeebus Cripes
  • Love 2

Interesting that we're seeing a lot of the same names over and over (hey Cameron Diaz...are you feelin' the love lately?)

I do not get the "beauty" of Sophia Vergara.

This woman is everywhere and I mean everywhere!  Her face just doesn't look normal...maybe the features are too extreme?

Hi Lura!

Edited by annzeepark914

I do not get the "beauty" of Sophia Vergara. This sounds bitchy, but whatever- I think her face looks like a plastic reconstruction of a burn victim.

I like her, as she seems self-deprecating.  But I also feel like her attributed hotness has more to do with being Latina than anything else.  I've seen her without all of the make-up, and...well, it's good she wears make-up.  But then, I am usually baffled at what Hollywood considers beautiful.  Maybe it's because I don't wear make-up, and thus do not appreciate its enhancing effects, but it's hard for me to buy into someone being beautiful if you look like a foot (or Casper) when you're bare-faced.  And while this usually applies to women, it goes for the men as well.  

Anyway, I feel for her, because it seems like the only reason she makes money is because she plays up the feisty Latina stereotype. Then again, she may be laughing all the way to the bank.

• Love 1

To me, Cameron Diaz's face reminds me stretched out putty, or the kid on the Lemonheads box.  Even back when she did The Mask and everyone thought she was "so hawt" her face looked so wide to me.

I don't dislike her acting, though.  At least when she makes the effort.  I don't count trash like Charlie's Angels (I hate those movies so fucking much) and The Other Woman.

Another one: Katie Holmes.  I don't dislike her as much as I used to, but this girl can't act for shit.  Even on Dawson's Creek I couldn't understand why they were trying to make her "happen."  And the way she talks out of the side of her mouth...ugh.  Didn't care about her then, didn't feel bad for her when the Tom Cruise thing happened ("Free Katie", my ass) and don't care about her now.

• Love 1

OK - just saw this photo of Vergara w/o make-up and I've figured out what's peculiar:  her mouth is waaaaay too large for the upper part of her face.  It's as tho' the upper face came from another person and was planted on the lower face...er...something like that.  She really needs that major eye make-up to create some balance.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/08/sofia-vergara-unrecognizable-modern-family_n_5661832.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Did she just eat a jelly doughnut?

Hee. And if she did, why wasn't she allowed to use her hands?

I am going to assume that Sophia's in character, and Gloria was just on the business end of a makeover by Lily. Possibly in crayon. (What's with the panicky headline from HuffPo? I'd hardly call Vergara "unrecognizable" in the linked article. I mean, it's not like they found Don Rickles under there.)

• Love 2

Oh, please. Sophia looks just fine even with tousled hair and casual dress. I hate these "Look at that hideous creature! The horror!" articles with a passion.

I don't mind all the straight men on Modern Family drooling over her looks. Lots of women have imperfect features but still exude sexuality, It's her "Latina spitfire" stereotype that annoys.

• Love 5

I can't stand Broadway actors.  They come off as superior-acting because they're in, you know, the "theatuh".  And being on Broadway is SO much more important than those ghastly movies or, heaven forbid--television.  I never watch the Tonys.  I don't know many of them by name but a few come to mind:

Neil Patrick Harris - people seem to love him and he's everywhere and I just can't stand him

Idina Menzel aka Adele Dazeem - the woman is so lucky that John Travolta fucked up her name.   Not many outside of Broadway knew her before.

Kristin Chenoweth - can't stand the squeaky-voiced little big head because she just thinks she's so cute and adorable, and people tell her so.

Audra MacDonald - she just bugs and I cant stand to watch her sing

Dancing Australian guy, y'all know who I'm talking about.  He's everywhere and seems to host every show that Neil Patrick Harris doesn't

The entire cast of Rent - doesn't matter who is in the cast, they're insufferable

• Love 3

Dancing Australian guy, y'all know who I'm talking about.  He's everywhere and seems to host every show that Neil Patrick Harris doesn't.

Wolverine?

• Love 3

I can't stand Broadway actors.  They come off as superior-acting because they're in, you know, the "theatuh".  And being on Broadway is SO much more important than those ghastly movies or, heaven forbid--television.  I never watch the Tonys.  I don't know many of them by name but a few come to mind:

[...]

Idina Menzel aka Adele Dazeem - the woman is so lucky that John Travolta fucked up her name.   Not many outside of Broadway knew her before.

[...]

I never watch award shows, but I remember reading about Adele Dazeem a day or so after the Tonys on TWOP and wondering who the hell she was.  Then I saw the video, which will never NOT be hilarious. Anyway, I liked her until Let It Go.  It's not really her fault, since she was just doing her job, but good gravy, the song is the very definition of viral, and I want to take it out back and beat it down until it's wiped from the consciousness of its victims (i.e. those who hated the song as much as I do). Thankfully, the Internet has a short memory, long past.

Dancing Australian guy, y'all know who I'm talking about.  He's everywhere and seems to host every show that Neil Patrick Harris doesn't

[...]

I assume Hugh Jackman? If so, this is the funniest description of him I've read to date.  I like him, but I understand how he can annoy others.

Edited by ribboninthesky1

To me, Cameron Diaz's face reminds me stretched out putty, or the kid on the Lemonheads box.  Even back when she did The Mask and everyone thought she was "so hawt" her face looked so wide to me.

The Lemonheads box, bwah! Truth.

• Love 2

Johnny Depp. There was a time that I loved him as an actor, but he's become a messy Tim Burton avatar. So many of his characters are the exact same now that he's come to rely on his Burton tricks even in non-Burton movies. The costumes do more of the character building work than he does. If he never showed up in a movie again, I'd be so happy.

• Love 1
Kristin Chenoweth - can't stand the squeaky-voiced little big head because she just thinks she's so cute and adorable, and people tell her so.

How, sheesh, just how could I have forgotten Kristin C and not added her to my list--probably because it's her voice that I cannot stand...her face is ok...but that squeaky, irritating voice that goes on and on and on and on...while I'm grinding my teeth into powder.  I can hear that high-pitched squealing right now...grrrr!

@ribboninthesky1 So glad someone else loathed that song.  I'd never heard it until the Oscars (heh heh after JT's hilarious mispronunciation of her name and she owes him big time for that).  Could not believe this song won the Oscar for Best Song...drippy, treacly and never ending complete with operatic-voiced singer (thank God for that; otherwise we'd be hearing it on the radio all the time)

• Love 1

@ribboninthesky1 So glad someone else loathed that song.  I'd never heard it until the Oscars (heh heh after JT's hilarious mispronunciation of her name and she owes him big time for that).  Could not believe this song won the Oscar for Best Song...drippy, treacly and never ending complete with operatic-voiced singer (thank God for that; otherwise we'd be hearing it on the radio all the time)

Sorry, it was the Oscars, not the Tonys.  My mistake! They all sort of blend together for me, heh.  Anyway, I didn't start out hating the song, I was perfectly indifferent to it.  Then, friends and family sent me "cute" Youtube videos, and that was that. 

Julia Roberts.  I have disliked her forever.  I have never understood the appeal.  I wish she would just go away. 

Paul Rudd.  I don't hate the guy.  But I am sick of him being in so many movies.  He is everywhere and I wish he would just take a couple years off acting. 

• Love 2

This thread reminds me of part of Paula Poundstone's comedy routine.  She didn't like Daryl Hannah--said that she couldn't act. Someone in the audience said "But, she's so pretty" to which she responded "Yes, she is...she's gorgeous...but can't they just put a little picture of her on the bottom corner of the screen?" 

• Love 2

Forgot about Julia Roberts. I liked her in Mystic Pizza and Pretty Woman; haven't liked her since.

Thank you. Those are the only two Julia Roberts movies I can watch. She has two facial expressions: huge gaping mouth wide open or smug arrogance. It must be written into her contract that she has to shriek a la the jewelry box scene in Pretty Woman at least once in every one of her movies. The only Tom Hanks movies I have ever purposely missed co-star that harpy.

Edited by avecsans
  • Love 3

Natalie Portman - ugh she's a terrible actress. Plus that whole "people who eat meat smell funny" BS is obnoxious. 

She's not completely wrong, I don't think. People who have a diet that's very different to yours can smell a little unusual. It's often a comparison made between Japanese, who have a fish-based diet, and Europeans who eat a lot more meat and dairy. If she spends all her time around vegetarians and vegans, she might find that meateaters smell different.

I don't think she's a terrible actress, either. I've really enjoyed her in some of the things I've seen her in.

To paraphrase a line from Modern Family, 'yeah, I'm sure it's her face they're looking at'.

Another actor I don't get the fuss over. Channing Tatum. Dude has two facial expressions; tough guy and confused. That's it. It's like he went to Nathan Fillion's 'stove acting' school and didn't manage to graduate. I guess that makes him a passable action movie star, because most people are looking at the CGI in those films anyway.

He's like the male Kristen Stewart (her two expressions are 'bored' and 'slightly upset while being confused'). But I suspect he, sadly, has more staying power than she does.

I also never, ever understood why people like Sissy Spacek. She got nominated for Oscars every other year, in the 1980s, and I just cannot understand why. There's nothing about any of her performances I ever found engaging, and she's the oddest looking woman I've seen star in a Hollywood movie. I find she has an unsettling Uncanny Valley quality to her.

• Love 2