Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E14: Country Chaos

• Start Topic

On 10/22/2021 at 7:16 PM, Elizzikra said:

Men aren't all the same. They don't all want the same thing. To make this relevant to the show, I don't think Jose wants a bitchy, spunky wife. I think he would be happy with someone even more doormatish than Rachel. I'm not bitchy (though I can be) generally speaking and my husband likes me.

I thought that too but then José mentioned on the show that he asked for a strong independent woman with a mind of her own (or something to that effect) and that Rachel was supposedly his idea of "the perfect embodiment" of his ideal woman in that regard.  So he may be a bit ambivalent about that in a woman.  He may like a woman who isn't a doormat but then when she doesn't act like a doormat or lets him have everything his way he has problems with it.  There are lots of men like that.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I've been thinking about this and I think the reason Zack and Jamie/Dr. Viv are tippy-toeing around Michaela because they're all deathly afraid of her and don't want to provoke her to any kind of violent episodes directed at them.  I think Zack suggesting that they get divorced and then date was his way of trying not to set her off but instead it had the opposite affect.  He was afraid to tell her it's going to be splitsville after decision day because he thought her reaction to that would be worse.  I think he may have been right about that.  Just because she reacted negatively to his suggestion doesn't mean she wouldn't have reacted even worse if he had just said he's going to end things altogether after decision day.

I noticed on that special they had mid season all the women seemed "team Michaela" through and through.  I couldn't believe it.  Again, they're all deathly afraid.  Maybe the producers told them to act that way.

I totally agree. The show managers are making him stay with her somehow (or he just wants to not have to pay the penalty for leaving early) and he's just trying to find a way to ease out of the situation without her killing him.

If he really wanted to try to make it work after filming, he would just decide to stay married on decision day and see how it goes.

She is mentally unstable and I think capable of anything.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, cinsays said:

If he really wanted to try to make it work after filming, he would just decide to stay married on decision day and see how it goes.

Yeah but the cost of the divorce would not be covered by the show if they stay together after D Day and something tells me divorcing Michaela in real life would be a messy, costly divorce, she has shown herself to be difficult a little bit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I've been thinking about this and I think the reason Zack and Jamie/Dr. Viv are tippy-toeing around Michaela because they're all deathly afraid of her and don't want to provoke her to any kind of violent episodes directed at them.  I think Zack suggesting that they get divorced and then date was his way of trying not to set her off but instead it had the opposite affect.  He was afraid to tell her it's going to be splitsville after decision day because he thought her reaction to that would be worse.  I think he may have been right about that.  Just because she reacted negatively to his suggestion doesn't mean she wouldn't have reacted even worse if he had just said he's going to end things altogether after decision day.

I noticed on that special they had mid season all the women seemed "team Michaela" through and through.  I couldn't believe it.  Again, they're all deathly afraid.  Maybe the producers told them to act that way.

9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Like I said in my post above, I think he's not leaving because he's afraid to break things off with her lest she key his car or slash his tires or stalk him or something.  I think he's that afraid of her that he is afraid to do anything that might arouse her ire.  We have seen how volatile she can be and I don't blame him for being afraid.  I worry about him after decision day because he is going to have to face that fear and just end it for once and for all.

It kind of reminded me of the way (Keith?) told Virgin Iris that they would date after the divorce. Though, unlike Michaela, it was more not to hurt her feelings and not because he was afraid of her.

Unfortunately, it just led Iris on. You could tell on D day that she thought there was still hope.

Zack needs to run. He also needs to stop trying to sleep in the same bed with Hurricane Kay.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Zack needs to run. He also needs to stop trying to sleep in the same bed with Hurricane Kay.

What I don't understand is how it looks like he might even be having sex with her.  From the way he hinted around that it was always fun when they were in bed together didn't exactly add up with the rest of his behavior.  Both of them are a bunch of contradictions.  Some of that may be due to the editing or they really are that messed up, or he is so afraid of her that he is "sleeping with the enemy".

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, qtpye said:

It kind of reminded me of the way (Keith?) told Virgin Iris that they would date after the divorce. Though, unlike Michaela, it was more not to hurt her feelings and not because he was afraid of her.

Unfortunately, it just led Iris on. You could tell on D day that she thought there was still hope.

You know I just had this thought - Zack is acting like someone that bought into the BS pushed by the "experts" that if he dutifully did everything to make this relationship work things with her would iron themselves out.  He's acting like he realizes that was a mistake and that he got himself in too far with her and now he doesn't know how to get out of it without potentially setting off a category 5 hurricane Michaela.  So he keeps trying not to set her off but all that does is push the can down the road and probably will make her eventual reaction even worse when he pulls the plug completely.  I feel sorry for him and this show bears a lot of the responsibility for the pickle he's in right now.

• Love 4

About taking the batteries out of a smoke alarm...I was telling Mr. Outlier that I kind of admire it, from a nefarious long-game tactic angle, and he said that's not a good idea.  Instead, put dead batteries in.  And truly 100% dead batteries, so they can't even make the dead battery chirp. 

Yikes!

I'm confused that people are saying that Zack is just staying with M to avoid her rage, but didn't they already have the conversation where they both said they would get a divorce on D Day? All he has to do is let her say it first and then run and I don't think he has to fear for his life. At least he has been honest, kind of. Where I actually side with Michaela is that she was right in saying they wouldn't sleep together once that decision has been made. So, that was just dumb of Zack and we saw how well that worked out on the couples' retreat.

I am looking forward to seeing if there is any discussion about Michaela this week or if they just are back to their normal lives. 

I see that before D Day, Lifetime threw another filler show in with three former couples making their predictions. Probably with Kevin Frazier. Pass. They sure are dragging this out.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Well,that’s the whole mystery here.  We don’t know if their fights are for real or for the show and scripted for affect.  I think a little of both.  I don’t think Michaela would go so far as to act that crazy to be “ discovered”.  Plus, what guy would want a woman like that for a wife, and have children no less.  The turning over all furniture or anything in her path is a bit much.  The show was better in the beginning as it seemed believable.  Now .. I don’t think it all true.  I, myself, would rather take boring and real, than fake and scripted with crazy shenanigans  going on.  It’s getting stupid already.

• Love 3
On 10/23/2021 at 8:59 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Or charged with manslaughter if someone dies in a fire! That’s some serious  Lifetime movie shit. 

And we go back to the “experts”.  Don’t they investigate these crazies before taking them on, or are they only there for show and to babble bullshit?  When these experts come on, I don’t even know what the heck they are talking about.  Neither do the couples.   Then you have Jamie on Unfiltered not giving them wrong .. just pacifying them.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I'm confused that people are saying that Zack is just staying with M to avoid her rage, but didn't they already have the conversation where they both said they would get a divorce on D Day? All he has to do is let her say it first and then run and I don't think he has to fear for his life. At least he has been honest, kind of. Where I actually side with Michaela is that she was right in saying they wouldn't sleep together once that decision has been made. So, that was just dumb of Zack and we saw how well that worked out on the couples' retreat.

She has already shown herself to be crazy and contradictory enough to say one thing and then show herself to feel exactly the opposite.  Like when he said he would sleep in the other room and she was OK with that but then when he decided to just go home she flipped out.  She says she's OK with getting a divorce now but I don't trust her one bit to be true to that when he actually says he wants one on decision day.  She thinks that if she acts cool and agreeable to a divorce now he'll "come around" and she can reel him back in eventually.  She's wagering that she can get him back before then.  But if he were to actually ask for a divorce on decision day she would probably flip out worse than we've ever seen so far.  That is what Zack was trying to prevent by telling her "OK, we can divorce but we can still date afterward".  He is deathly afraid of how she will react when he tells her and the world he wants a divorce and is thinking up ways to keep preventing her from having that reaction.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yeah but the cost of the divorce would not be covered by the show if they stay together after D Day

On that note, I wonder how much it cost Erik Lake to divorce his "beloved" Virginia after agreeing to stay married to her post DD???

• Love 4

On that note, I wonder how much it cost Erik Lake to divorce his "beloved" Virginia after agreeing to stay married to her post DD???

Whatever it was, it was worth every penny. If they own a hangar, it's not about the $$, it's about public humiliation. Adios Purple Eyeshadow, she of the crashed out couches and very drunken diatribes. I am sure it will take decades for his Mom to recover from the experience. Here's hoping the other brother is still married, if only for her sake.

Edited by Mrs. Button
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

I doubt it was that much. GA has no-fault divorce, they were married less than a year, she was working during the marriage and they have no kids. “Support her in the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed” is rare nowadays and I think certainly wouldn’t apply here. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

He's lucky she's not pregnant though.

He is but supposedly he wanted her pregnant; they broke up (allegedly) because he wants kids right away and she wanted to wait to have them, if ever.

• Useful 2

Back to Zach and Michaela-I think a big issue for him after decision day is that she knows where he lives because the "experts" think that showing each other their homes after the honeymoons will bring them closer, so he may have to consider moving.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, kristen111 said:

We don’t know if their fights are for real or for the show and scripted for affect.  I think a little of both.  I don’t think Michaela would go so far as to act that crazy to be “ discovered”.  

Michaela certainly seems off, toxic, abusive, or whatever. But, maybe the show is embellishing real fights after the fact.

Zach's a good looking guy. He clearly doesn't intend to be with Michaela long term. He didn't seem to be coerced into suggesting that they sleep together because they always have fun in bed. If he was truly scared, surely there are other women he could invite over to his non-MAFS home to watch Apple TV and chill.

2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Back to Zach and Michaela-I think a big issue for him after decision day is that she knows where he lives because the "experts" think that showing each other their homes after the honeymoons will bring them closer, so he may have to consider moving.

Moving is a good idea. If he's really that scared for his life rather than just for his overall mental health if he continues a relationship with her, maybe calling the police and/or requesting a TRO would be better choices than "having fun" when she is less "scary." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2021 at 11:13 AM, Yeah No said:

She has already shown herself to be crazy and contradictory enough to say one thing and then show herself to feel exactly the opposite.  Like when he said he would sleep in the other room and she was OK with that but then when he decided to just go home she flipped out.  She says she's OK with getting a divorce now but I don't trust her one bit to be true to that when he actually says he wants one on decision day.  She thinks that if she acts cool and agreeable to a divorce now he'll "come around" and she can reel him back in eventually.  She's wagering that she can get him back before then.  But if he were to actually ask for a divorce on decision day she would probably flip out worse than we've ever seen so far.  That is what Zack was trying to prevent by telling her "OK, we can divorce but we can still date afterward".  He is deathly afraid of how she will react when he tells her and the world he wants a divorce and is thinking up ways to keep preventing her from having that reaction.

^^^Yes to all this. I follow a therapist on YouTube (Live Abuse Free) who mainly deals with narcissistic behaviors, and she's done quite a few videos on criminals/celebrities, etc with violent behaviors - Chris Watts, Amber Heard, Patrick Frazee - the last series of videos have been on Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito. I thought it was very interesting that at the end of this video she particularly mentions that someone who throws things or otherwise tries to scare you, will see if they can get away with it, and if so, that leads to the behavior escalating into physical violence against you. The relevant portion is around 8:11. 

Trigger warning: domestic violence/murder

• Useful 1

Yeah tonight Makayla told the doctor that there was no evidence of her outbursts.... Does she not realize she's on television and there are videos??

4 minutes ago, antfitz said:

Yeah tonight Makayla told the doctor that there was no evidence of her outbursts.... Does she not realize she's on television and there are videos??

Michaela was never taught how to react with her emotions in a sensible way. I have a feeling she comes from a chaotic household.  The women in her family probably react that way.

Edited by antfitz
On 10/20/2021 at 10:29 PM, buttersister said:

A man of color driving through Bumfuck Texas late at night sounded potentially dangerous. Zach sleeping anywhere near Michaela? You in danger, guy.

He would have been ok.  Brenham is about an hour 15 minutes from downtown Houston and it's off a major Hwy 290 that goes through Prairie View, TX where there's Prairie View A&M University.  It's a historically black university with a mission of serving people of color and the black community.  The history of it is very cool.  Houston and some surrounding areas are actually very diverse.  Now driving around at night in some of the small counties along Hwy 69 north east of Houston would be a bad idea for anyone. 

Edited by zoltana
  • Useful 1